PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Doritos Crash Course
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-04-2013, 02:40 AM   #1
luigi456

luigi456's Gamercard
any way to reset your time??

is there any way you can reset the time on all the races? 2 achievements won't pop up and wanted to know if there was any way you could
Old 01-04-2013, 02:52 AM   #2
littlejay

Fuzzmeister J's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi456 View Post
is there any way you can reset the time on all the races? 2 achievements won't pop up and wanted to know if there was any way you could
gold medal and 1:40? Im screwed out of those too. just tried to delete everything and will see if that works.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:02 AM   #3
luigi456

luigi456's Gamercard
I did, it didn't work the times r still there
Old 01-04-2013, 03:45 AM   #4
littlejay

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Quote:
yep it seems the game is screwed out of the two original hard achievements
Old 01-04-2013, 04:00 AM   #5
luigi456

luigi456's Gamercard
sad part is I did both of those achievements, the problem is they won't pop up >
Old 01-04-2013, 04:52 AM   #6
VegaDark541

vegadark541's Gamercard
Quote:
Are you saying you deleted all game data, did not install the DLC when you re-installed it, and then re-earned gold medals on all 15 levels and nothing popped?
VegaDark541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:39 AM   #7
luigi456

luigi456's Gamercard
I deleted everything, redownloaded it, did the Japan 4 in indeed 1:40 and that achievement didn't pop. I also got gold on all the races and the achievement didn't pop on that one either -.-
Old 01-04-2013, 07:41 AM   #8
STILLBORN

DRxROCKSO's Gamercard
Try doing it again w/o the dlc and update.
STILLBORN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 12:52 PM   #9
littlejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by STILLBORN View Post
Try doing it again w/o the dlc and update.
that does not work either. the game half heartedly saves your times but not the medals and that just screws everything up. When i deleted the game, i reinstalled it to find the first 2 US levels has no medals and the next 3 had all gold. It's a mess.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:08 PM   #10
Crims0nPenguin

Crims0n Penguin's Gamercard
I mentioned this in the other thread, but try recovering your gamertag, it was a solution mentioned in the Xbox Support Forums.
Crims0nPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:22 PM   #11
littlejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crims0nPenguin View Post
I mentioned this in the other thread, but try recovering your gamertag, it was a solution mentioned in the Xbox Support Forums.
Has anyone gotten that to work? I don't see how it would help at all.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:01 PM   #12
VonThronstahl

Throni360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
It helps with glitched achievements. But in that case the achievements are unobtainable. So it won't help. Others tried it with no luck.
Bejeweled Live, Crash Time 4: The Syndicate & 5: Undercover, Cro-Mag Rally, Centipede, Hunter's Trophy 2: America & Australia, SEGA Rally Online Arcade, Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp and Victorious: Time to Shine.
VonThronstahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:13 PM   #13
littlejay

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonThronstahl View Post
It helps with glitched achievements. But in that case the achievements are unobtainable. So it won't help. Others tried it with no luck.
what i thought. it's pretty rare that recovering works for anything other than achievements not on live. it's a very generic answer that gets thrown around way too often.
Old 01-04-2013, 10:41 PM   #14
luigi456

luigi456's Gamercard
so I'm screwed and can't get these achievements?
Old 01-05-2013, 01:30 AM   #15
Chippo

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlejay View Post
that does not work either. the game half heartedly saves your times but not the medals and that just screws everything up. When i deleted the game, i reinstalled it to find the first 2 US levels has no medals and the next 3 had all gold. It's a mess.
Quote:
so I'm screwed and can't get these achievements?
There may be a workaround in order to get the achievements, but at first I would like to write about my experience with this dlc.

Before the achievements had gone live, I started playing the dlc and earned the Party Popper achievement offline. After they had been finally online, I wanted to see whether my achievement got registered, well, it didn't. I noticed that, like you, littlejay, have said, exactly the first two US levels screwed me over. I did have a time within the leaderboards but somehow not ingame.
In hope to get the achievements working I recoverd my gamertag or let's say "downloaded my profile". To be safe I deleted the game, the dlc and the title update (you can find these three files on your hdd).
Then I went for Party Popper and it got registered this time. Still, the two US levels were bugged. As my online times for these levels weren't that great, yet still gold, I replayed the levels with faster times with the result that afterwards everything was displayed as it should.

Well, unfortunately I can't really provide a 100% working solution but it may help you to get the old "hard" achievements:
Note: No guarantee that you will be able to get the nowadays glitched achievements, though!

"Offline method":
  1. Delete the game, the dlc and the title update from your hdd.
  2. Delete your system cache.
  3. It might be safer to start completely anew. If you decide to do this later, either move your old savegame to another hdd/ usb-device or simply delete the file.
  4. Recover your gamertag (= download profile).
  5. Log-in with yout recovered gamertag.
  6. Download only the game.
  7. Disconnect from XboxLive.
  8. Either use your old savegame or start a new one (refer to no.3).
  9. Try going for the achievements.
  10. If you care about the timestamp you may will try to sign into XBL before the achievement should pop.
    --> I'm not sure if the sign-in will kick you out of the game/ level (depends if you sign in while playing a level or within the ingame menu)
"Online method":
  1. Delete the game, the dlc and the title update from your hdd.
  2. Delete your system cache.
  3. It might be safer to start completely anew. If you decide to do this later, either move your old savegame to another hdd/ usb-device or simply delete the file.
  4. Recover your gamertag (= download profile).
  5. Log-in with yout recovered gamertag.
  6. Download only the game.
  7. Stay connected to XboxLive.
  8. Either use your old savegame or start a new one (refer to no.3).
  9. Try going for the achievements.
These are just my thoughts, maybe they will help you and others out! Good luck
Old 01-05-2013, 05:05 AM   #16
luigi456

luigi456's Gamercard
yea that didn't work ^
Old 01-05-2013, 07:13 AM   #17
littlejay

yeah the first two US levels are bugged for me too. The problem is the game saves a lot of data on xbox live. you can delete the game all you want but progress will still be there when you download it again.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:47 PM   #18
luigi456

luigi456's Gamercard
damn so much for trying to 100% the game
Old 01-05-2013, 11:16 PM   #19
VegaDark541

vegadark541's Gamercard
I have 2 ideas:

1) Start a with an xbox that's never played the game before, download the game but NOT the DLC, and earn all gold (may only work if you have at least one level you've never gotten gold on before)

2) Start with an xbox that's never played the game before, download the game but not the DLC, decline the title update, and earn gold on everything offline.

Can someone try this to confirm if it does or does not work?
VegaDark541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #20
SirLugash

SirLugash's Gamercard
Deleting update and DLC and starting the game offline won't work because your stats seem to be stored in your Xbox profile.

When I only left the arcade game on my HDD and started the game without applying the update, my stats would still be present in the game.

The only method I found was to move my Xbox profile on a USB drive and on the "splash screen" (where you have to press A to continue) you remove the USB drive just before pressing A.

A message will appear that the game couldn't load your profile's settings, game progress and achievements.
You will notice that you only unlocked the first two USA levels, so you basically started a new game.
Unlocking the achievements should be possible at this point.

Only bad thing about this is that you would have to get your gold medals in one sitting because the game won't save this progress.
If you go to the dashboard and start the game regularly, your stats will be as they were before and your progress therefore glitched again.

I haven't tried it myself due to lack of time an patience and unless someones tries and confirms it, this is just a theory of mine that should make the achievements obtainable.

Last edited by SirLugash; 01-06-2013 at 07:19 AM.
SirLugash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #21
rican21

DA FINAL RICAN's Gamercard
no good Sirlugash

i tryed your memory unit method no good .. started from scratch got all gold no cheevo.

WAS doing this for friend looks like unattainable
rican21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 01:59 AM   #22
SirLugash

SirLugash's Gamercard
Thanks for the feedback.
Too bad it's not working.
Old 01-07-2013, 03:00 PM   #23
luigi456

luigi456's Gamercard
so there's no fix for this???
Old 01-07-2013, 04:09 PM   #24
littlejay

Quote:
so there's no fix for this???
Not at the moment. We will have to wait for an update.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:47 PM   #25
JohnnyQ2004

golding london

I think the london levels might be hard to gold even more than japan was more specifically the 3rd one, have gotten to 1.08 and milliseconds but that is it. wonder if I am missing something that will speed up my time. on medals missing, me too but I played those levels and it re-registered my medals and best times even though I didn't beat my best times and all
JohnnyQ2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:01 AM   #26
Tonic24k

Tonic24k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SirLugash View Post
Deleting update and DLC and starting the game offline won't work because your stats seem to be stored in your Xbox profile.

When I only left the arcade game on my HDD and started the game without applying the update, my stats would still be present in the game.

The only method I found was to move my Xbox profile on a USB drive and on the "splash screen" (where you have to press A to continue) you remove the USB drive just before pressing A.

A message will appear that the game couldn't load your profile's settings, game progress and achievements.
You will notice that you only unlocked the first two USA levels, so you basically started a new game.
Unlocking the achievements should be possible at this point.

Only bad thing about this is that you would have to get your gold medals in one sitting because the game won't save this progress.
If you go to the dashboard and start the game regularly, your stats will be as they were before and your progress therefore glitched again.

I haven't tried it myself due to lack of time an patience and unless someones tries and confirms it, this is just a theory of mine that should make the achievements obtainable.
I also tried this. Even without any trial times, DLC deleted, Title Update deleted, and playing offline -- it still wouldn't work. I wrote an email to the developer so hopefully they respond with some promising news.