PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Far Cry 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-04-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
00darkfox00

Dark Fox 888's Gamercard
Are the signature weapons neccesarily the best?

It's hard to compare the stats of the Shadow against all the other handguns because they're in an entirely different category in the shop, so im just curious are the signature weapons better than every other weapon in it's class...Is the Bull the best shotgun, is the shredder the best SMG?

If not, what do you think is the best weapon in each category? And best weapon overall?
00darkfox00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #2
uait

uait's Gamercard
No, i don't think signature weapons are the best in each category.
For example i always prefer M16 with silencer and mag over the signature assault rifle.
As shotgun i love spaks.
But if you continue playing you'll end very quickly to own any weapon of the game so you can choose among them.
uait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 10:25 AM   #3
VyperJMc

Send a message via AIM to VyperJMc

VyperJMc's Gamercard
I'd say the Signature weapons are the best... until you reach the second island.

VyperJMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:28 PM   #4
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
In my opinion, the Shadow is. The Red Dot sight and suppressor coupled with the 1911's damage make it more useful than the 6P9 or whatever.

I still carry a .44 to kill tigers and such though.

The .50 cal sniper you unlock is not best from my perspective. It does a lot of damage, sure, but I prefer to utilize a suppressor. Makes things a whole lot cleaner.

As for the others, I wouldn't know. I usually carry my two pistols, a suppressed M700, and the Recurve Bow.

Read them.... apply them.

Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:34 PM   #5
ShmedReborn

I wouldn't say they are the best. For example, the AMR is an amazing sniper rifle, but it doesn't have a silencer. That is why I also carried a silenced Z93. For the SMG's, however, I think the Shredder would be the best in its category, as it has much higher damage than any of the other SMG's. I also used the Bushman, but I found it hard to use for some reason, so a large part of it is personal preference. In any case, I wish I experimented more. I almost solely used the Shredder, the AMR, and the Z93, and now there are no more enemies except for that one spot near Orphan Point.

I am a gamer. I am a completionist. I am an Achievement Hunter

Last edited by ShmedReborn; 01-04-2013 at 03:42 PM.
ShmedReborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:37 PM   #6
upindat

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
i carried the shredder tru the whole game with no problems. the sig sniper rifle is a fucking beast that blow people all over the place like ragdolls.
Old 01-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #7
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Signature Sniper (AMR) suffers from lack of suppressor. Silenced M700 is better.

Signature Magnum (Cannon from U-Play) just looks silly with an optical scope. Shadow or regular Magnum is better.

Signature Shotgun (Bull) is a beast, it outperforms any shotgun in my opinion.

Signature SMG (Shredder) is the best automatic gun I've experienced so far and according to FarCry Wiki, it's a must have weapon along with the Signature LMG (Ripper).

Right now I'm just rocking the Silenced M700, Recurve Bow, Shredder and Bull. It's a great combo of weapons for any encounter, although I may want to ditch one of my ranged weapons for The Shadow or even the Bushman (which is apparently really good).

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~

Last edited by BiggD; 01-04-2013 at 04:28 PM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 05:14 PM   #8
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I think the Bushman > all ARs. The silenced sniper like the AMR is better than it, I would say. Shredder > all SMGs. D50 > all pistols. IMO.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:58 PM   #9
ShmedReborn

To summarize:

Handguns
D50 or Shadow (stealth)

SMGs
Shredder

Shotguns
SPAS-12 or Bull? I haven't used either.

Assault Rifles
ACE or Bushman (stealth)

Sniper Rifles
Z93 - Can be silenced and the AMR is overkill

LMGs
Ripper

Best weapon in the game
Recurve Bow

Again it all comes down to personal preference, but I think these are the best stat-wise.

Last edited by ShmedReborn; 01-04-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 01-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #10
bigbear2face

bigbear XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
I'm only a little ways into the game but I very much like the Shredder and the Bull. I'm not as much of a fan of the signature sniper rifle. I'd much rather have a suppressor because of how I use the sniper rifle.

Basically right now I always carry the Bull, the Shredder, and a silenced M-700 (w/ the high power scope). My 4th weapons usually depends on what I'm working on in the game at the time.

Alea Iacta Est
MAL

Awesome pic provided by Dirty130, Tom, Jack Frost and Pender
Thanks to Dante for the avatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante Kasai View Post
Simply because most people are idiots and don't think.
bigbear2face is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #11
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I like the signature sniper, but the no supressor ruins it.

The SMG is a great SMG, and I like the AR as well.

Haven't tried any of the others yet as I don't carry a shotgun or pistol when I play.

Thanks Rajeanero for the awesome work.
Wildmn34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 08:02 PM   #12
Aiden 514

Aiden 514's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I use the shredder and it wrecks house but that being said i'm not that far into the game.

If you send a friend request, please send a message saying you're from here
Aiden 514 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 11:27 PM   #13
00darkfox00

Dark Fox 888's Gamercard
Can I say honestly Im not too impressed with the recurve bow? I mean, even with the marksman sight I can rarely hit anything farther than 30 meters, even if I use the little distance trick to line up the sight on the correct notch...To me it's like a medium range silenced sniper rifle...Id rather use a a silenced AR
00darkfox00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:58 AM   #14
Splinter4

Splinter4's Gamercard
Thumbs up

So far I've only cleared about half the Radio Towers/Outposts on the 1st Island, but as far as I can tell...
  • the Bull (signature-shotgun) seems significantly more powerful than the other 2 shotguns I've used.
  • the AMR (signature-sniper) is great... if you need to hit a single target with an artillery round! This thing is ridiculous. And keep in mind that every enemy (human and animal) will hear it when you pull the trigger.
  • the suppressed Shredder (signature-SMG suppressed) is AWESOME! I really love this weapon! And I was really happy with my suppressed-MP9 before I unlocked the Shredder. I'd prefer the red-dot sight, but even with the semi-annoyingly bright blue sight, this Shredder is fantastic.
  • I haven't really used the handguns much at all. But after reading some of the other comments here, I think I'll give the suppressed Shadow a try. (I haven't unlocked any of the other signature weapons yet.)
The only annoying thing with these "Signature-Weapons" is that apparently they've all been assembled by a weld-happy gunsmith. You cannot change ANYTHING on these. I'm surprised we can even change the magazine when we run out of ammo!

and @ darkfox:
Yeah, I'm on the fence... the Recurve-Bow is definitely an acquired taste. I think I'm going to like it a whole lot more once I finally unlock the "special" arrow options. Particularly the explosive tips.

I find it VERY difficult to range any distance farther than 30-40 meters. It also seems VERY inconsistent. For instance; Using a tree for target practice, I lined-up the 100-meter mark (marksman sight) and my 1st arrow appeared to land significantly short. But then my very next arrow landed significantly high (crouched, elevated position approximately 5 meters above the target). And I found this to be a consistent problem even after about 50+ tries.

Cheers

Whether you think you can or can't... you're right.

Last edited by Splinter4; 01-05-2013 at 01:01 AM.
Splinter4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:00 AM   #15
StayonTarget
Mr. Purple

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
The uPlay revolver is amazing. OHK to the chest.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:24 PM   #16
Tai_MT

Send a message via AIM to Tai_MT Send a message via MSN to Tai_MT

YouGotOwned12's Gamercard

Cool

After completing this game...

No, not all Signature weapons are the "best".

My loadout for the entire game was:

Flamethrower
Recurve Bow
Bull Shotgun
Signature Sniper Rifle (whatever the hell it was called...)

I ran a mostly CQC game. My knife saw more kills than all those weapons combined. The flamethrower was good if a group was chasing me. The Recurve was good for stealth kills when I absolutely had to make a kill to make an outpost taking possible with all stealth. The shotgun was good for killing animals and other shotgunners. The Sniper Rifle... Well, it was great for long distance kills. I'd hide in a bush and shoot someone, then move. I didn't need a silencer on it, I'd just move and evade. A bad sniper is one who stays in the same spot so he can be found. Good snipers move from place to place.

Though, I do question the whole "put a scope on the shotgun". Does it REALLY need one? I mean, it's not firing SLUGS... This seems unnecessary and stupid. Surely they could've put something ELSE on the gun.

"It's worth remembering that all reviews are subjective personal opinions and if you personally enjoy the game, then they shouldn't get to you. Unless there's a dispicable nagging little doubt in the back of your mind that maybe you're not having as much fun as you've convinced yourself you're having. And won't go away no matter how many times you try to slap it away with weak excuses."
Tai_MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:41 PM   #17
VyperJMc

Send a message via AIM to VyperJMc

VyperJMc's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tai_MT View Post
Though, I do question the whole "put a scope on the shotgun". Does it REALLY need one? I mean, it's not firing SLUGS... This seems unnecessary and stupid. Surely they could've put something ELSE on the gun.
Wish they gave the option to put a silencer on the shotguns. I've been infatuated with silenced shotguns ever since Anton Chigurh.

VyperJMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:52 PM   #18
Tai_MT

Send a message via AIM to Tai_MT Send a message via MSN to Tai_MT

YouGotOwned12's Gamercard

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by VyperJMc View Post
Wish they gave the option to put a silencer on the shotguns. I've been infatuated with silenced shotguns ever since Anton Chigurh.
I wondered that myself. Why there wasn't a Silencer on the shotgun. Or, why it didn't have a Red Dot Sight instead. It's a shotgun that fires pellents instead of slugs. It doesn't need a scope if it's not firing slugs. The point of a shotgun is "aim in the general direction". It's meant for wide angles of fire. It's not meant to be pinpoint accurate. The point of a shotgun is to fill as much space in front of you as possible with as many projectiles as possible. This is why it's a "close range" weapon.

I always question why game programmers let you put scopes or sights on a shotgun when there's no option to change to "slugs". What is the freakin' point of the sights if you can only ever fire the pellets? Call of Duty is freakin' fond of that as well.

It annoys me to no end.

"It's worth remembering that all reviews are subjective personal opinions and if you personally enjoy the game, then they shouldn't get to you. Unless there's a dispicable nagging little doubt in the back of your mind that maybe you're not having as much fun as you've convinced yourself you're having. And won't go away no matter how many times you try to slap it away with weak excuses."
Tai_MT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #19
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by VyperJMc View Post
Best. Movie. And. Book. EVER.

Old 01-06-2013, 08:47 PM   #20
drewa27

Mandime27's Gamercard
far cry 3

one of my favs is the vector with red dot and silencer
drewa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:49 PM   #21
drewa27

Mandime27's Gamercard
are you kidding i loved the recurve. awesome for stealth tactics.
drewa27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 10:28 PM   #22
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Towards the end of the game I ran the Bushmaster, the Shredder, the M-700 silenced and then the Signature sniper as well.

I used the signature sniper to one shot the heavy guys. Worked really well.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:37 PM   #23
ShmedReborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildmn34 View Post
Towards the end of the game I ran the Bushmaster, the Shredder, the M-700 silenced and then the Signature sniper as well.

I used the signature sniper to one shot the heavy guys. Worked really well.
Shouldn't you have been using the silenced Z93 at the end of the game instead of the silenced M-700? The Z93's damage is just short of the AMR (which does max damage) so it is considerably more powerful than the M-700.

Old 01-06-2013, 10:41 PM   #24
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShmedReborn View Post
Shouldn't you have been using the silenced Z93 at the end of the game instead of the silenced M-700? The Z93's damage is just short of the AMR (which does max damage) so it is considerably more powerful than the M-700.
But bolt-action snipers are much cooler

Personally, I may end up swapping out my suppressed M700 for the Z93 simply because the Z93 does more damage and can have three attachments as opposed to only two for the M700.

Oh, and would a Z93 take out the Heavies in one shot if it's suppressed?

Old 01-06-2013, 10:43 PM   #25
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Quote:
To be honest I never tried it. I just enjoyed the M-700. That's my only excuse. lol

Old 01-06-2013, 10:49 PM   #26
ShmedReborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Oh, and would a Z93 take out the Heavies in one shot if it's suppressed?
A silenced Z93 can one-shot a Heavy if you hit him in the head. I think it takes two or three to the body to kill him (which is the reason I also carried the AMR). Can an M-700 one-shot a heavy in the head? I haven't tried it and all I know is that it has considerably lower damage.

Old 01-06-2013, 11:07 PM   #27
Infernal

A 2rue boofer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
As everyone says, some are better than others.
Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #28
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
A silenced Z93 can one-shot a Heavy if you hit him in the head. I think it takes two or three to the body to kill him (which is the reason I also carried the AMR). Can an M-700 one-shot a heavy in the head? I haven't tried it and all I know is that it has considerably lower damage.
Thanks for the quick response, man. And I honestly have no clue as I have yet to try. I'm about to clear an Outpost on the the second island so I think there will be a Heavy there. I'll test it out and let you know.

EDIT: Look like the M-700 needs 2 to 3 headshots for the Heavies. If anyone else can confirm/deny this let me know. And also, the SPAS-12 is 39390x better than The Bull. Semi-Auto is fantastic.

Last edited by BiggD; 01-07-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Old 01-07-2013, 01:55 AM   #29
JONBLEACH

Bleach x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
I am now on the 2nd island and have unlocked some of the new guns.
I was wondering what guns i should be using.

Right now i have the silenced M700 sniper for taking out people silently in the outposts, trying to get more exp by doing them undetected.

Then i have "The Bull" for the dmg.

The AMR for taking out heavies with no problem, chest, head whatever.

Last slot i was using the AK47 just because ammo wasnt a prob because all the pirates used it. Now i switched to the ASSLT rifle that the private guys use.

Are there any more powerful guns i should use instead of the BULL and a better asslt rifle?
Gamertag: Bleach x360a
JONBLEACH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:14 AM   #30
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by JONBLEACH View Post
I am now on the 2nd island and have unlocked some of the new guns.
I was wondering what guns i should be using.

Right now i have the silenced M700 sniper for taking out people silently in the outposts, trying to get more exp by doing them undetected.

Then i have "The Bull" for the dmg.

The AMR for taking out heavies with no problem, chest, head whatever.

Last slot i was using the AK47 just because ammo wasnt a prob because all the pirates used it. Now i switched to the ASSLT rifle that the private guys use.

Are there any more powerful guns i should use instead of the BULL and a better asslt rifle?
I really liked the Bushmaster AR. Don't worry about ammo though. Assault rifle ammo is assault rifle ammo. It's not sererate like AK47 ammo, Bushmaster ammo etc. It's all the same.

Use whatever works for you. A couple people here and those I know love the bow. But, I didn't like it at all so I got the achievement and never used it again. All personal preference.