PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Far Cry 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-07-2012, 05:56 AM   #1
Hairycleavege

The Story

Anybody else feel like they could of put a lot more into the story?

The game was great, I enjoyed every bit of it.

But I feel like there could of been so much more put into the story, except you're just left with a feeling of "was that it?" when the credits start rolling.

I feel there was more time spent with lower end supporting characters than the characters that mattered.
I mean you spent more time with Buck than you did Liza or Citra, it seemed.

I don't know, that's just my personal thoughts.
The game was great in all other aspects.
Hairycleavege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 08:31 AM   #2
Giptuc

Giptuc's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hairycleavege View Post
Anybody else feel like they could of put a lot more into the story?

The game was great, I enjoyed every bit of it.

But I feel like there could of been so much more put into the story, except you're just left with a feeling of "was that it?" when the credits start rolling.

I feel there was more time spent with lower end supporting characters than the characters that mattered.
I mean you spent more time with Buck than you did Liza or Citra, it seemed.

I don't know, that's just my personal thoughts.
The game was great in all other aspects.

Sppoilerszzzz obviously...

It would be a little hard for them to integrate your friends into everything... They cant add in unlimited conversations for them, and none of them are really up to fighting in the jungle like you are.

I didnt really see Citra as a 'character that matttered'... She was the leader of the people of the island who wanted in your pants, thats it... to me, you were using her to get the power you wanted, and only after being told Riley was dead did you want to stay. That pushed you over the edge, and finding him brought you back.

Buck played a pretty important part... he is pretty much the whole reason you found the knife, and had one of your friends...

If anything, i thought they could have put Vaas into it a little more.. he has a few cutscenes but they are way too spread out when you add stuff like exploring in between just doing nothing but story missions

100% Retail: 17
100% XBLA: 7
100% GFWL: 1
Giptuc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
MackeyNArf3952

MackeyNArf3952's Gamercard
yea i thought the endings were a little flat, but hey im glad i still had fun. i couldn't help but notice jason's a bad brother & boyfriend, even before his transformation to a killer. but it help progress the story
Old 09-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #4
erabbit777

erabbit777's Gamercard
I think all of us wanted more time with Citra.
erabbit777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 12:07 PM   #5
Eggnogga

Eggnogga's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
*Spoilers*

I saved Liza at the end, because I felt bad for being such a jerk to her throughout the game. Then, after the credits I continued playing. All I could think about was a conversation like this: "OK, we're free to go home now, but... I'm gonna hang out on this island for a little while longer. I have to collect 45 more of these relic things. I'll catch up with you guys in a couple days."
Eggnogga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 02:13 AM   #6
Kal El Fornia

Kal El Fornia's Gamercard
I was actually hoping that Vaas could have been the final boss, but alas, the showdown with him was a good one in the end.
100% Retail(9): Far Cry 3, Avatar: The Burning Earth, Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD, The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, Fallout 3, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Saints Row: The Third, Assassin's Creed 2, Madden 06

100% Arcade(5): The Walking Dead Season 2, Ms. Pac-Man, Harm's Way, Pac-Man, Spyglass Board Games

Working on: Dragon Age: Origins, Enchanted Arms, Lollipop Chainsaw, Dragon Age 2, Need For Speed: Most Wanted, Fallout: New Vegas, Galaga
Kal El Fornia is offline   Reply With Quote