PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Windows Phone Games (WP7 and WP8) > Puzzle and Word > AlphaJax
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-04-2013, 10:35 PM   #1
anomalous views

anomalous views's Gamercard
Angry Forced quit or (walkover) can kiss my a**

so over the holiday break I deiced to take an actual break from my gaming and let my turns slip by on this kinda good game.

Now I realize that I may have been alone with this decision and that the people I was play games against may have not been on break..... But when I'm beating these people by 100-150 points and all seven on them have no way to win except by making me force quit...well it just makes me a little pissed off.

Just thought I would share my feelings with anyone who felt like reading this post...

Oh and please don't post on here if you think the forced quit is OK...cause it’s not...if you can't have a little patience then play something else while you wait...Because guess what?................THATS THE WAY THE GAME WAS MADE...TO ALLOW PEOPLE TO TAKE TURNS AT THEIR OWN PACE.......OTHER WISE THERE WOULD BE A TIMER....
and yes I understand that the forced quit is a timer....it’s just a weak cop out for people who can’t spell. So yeah no need to tell me.

You read real good.

Last edited by anomalous views; 01-06-2013 at 05:47 PM. Reason: spell check because of grammer nazi
anomalous views is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 01:22 AM   #2
waxc3

waxc3's Gamercard
But you can't spell well anyway lol.

da da da dahh! bitchpudding!
waxc3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 10:40 PM   #3
Stufin135

Send a message via MSN to Stufin135

tbs stufin135's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by waxc3 View Post
Haha good one.

The thing is people want to move on to new games, waiting a week for someone to take their turn is always annoying. At the end of the day you can't call people who use it cheap, they are willing to play moves and take the loss that goes with it.

Now what is annoying is the sore losers who will wait 6 days and then take their move just to drag the game on.

Stufin135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:04 AM   #4
skrame

Send a message via AIM to skrame

skrame's Gamercard
What's the time limit before you can time people out? I just started playing the game a few days ago, but one opponent I started a random game with hasn't made a single move, and it's been a few days. I just assumed I'd be stuck seeing that game on me list for all time.
skrame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:06 AM   #5
Stufin135

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by skrame View Post
What's the time limit before you can time people out? I just started playing the game a few days ago, but one opponent I started a random game with hasn't made a single move, and it's been a few days. I just assumed I'd be stuck seeing that game on me list for all time.
You have to wait a week, after that open up the game and it will come up with a message saying do you want to force quit. If they haven't played a move then it just counts as a rejected invite. If they have played a move you get a win and the points for it.

Old 01-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
Aki2403

aki2403's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The only time I used this was one game where he hadn't moved in two weeks after challenging me to a game.

Aki2403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 03:51 PM   #7
anomalous views

anomalous views's Gamercard
Spell check aside....

The people who force quit me wear cheap on the grounds that they were losing and saw an opportunity to grab a free win... in that realm of the game it is cheap. They saw the opportunity to not try harder but to get out of a situation that leads to them not coming out on top. That’s the whole point, that people will use it to win when they can't otherwise, when given a chance to do so.

Other points I agree with.
A. Two weeks without a move
B. dragging a game out when you’re obviously losing
C. being a grammar Nazi

all three of those points up above are valid and realistic. (he he)

You read real good.
anomalous views is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #8
quantanalyst

quantanalyst's Gamercard
In my "their turns" tab, I currently have 19 games, about half of which people wait > 2-3 days to play. About a quarter of them are people that play 1-2 words and never play again (and I will walkover at 1 week). There must be some time limit so that people just don't stop playing when they're losing. What do you think it should be? Obviously for you a week isn't long enough.

Maybe if you wrote everyone a polite message and told them you were taking a long break and to please not force quit the game, some would comply. (sarcasm f.y.i)
quantanalyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:04 PM   #9
Stufin135

Quote:
Originally Posted by quantanalyst View Post
Maybe if you wrote everyone a polite message and told them you were taking a long break and to please not force quit the game, some would comply. (sarcasm f.y.i)
Some would. I know I would if someone asked that. If I was told that person is going on holiday or something and won't be able to access for 2 weeks, I would force quit them. They have a reason and have asked kindly not to.

Old 01-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #10
Murgatroyd7

Murgatroyd7's Gamercard
Yeah, if someone were to send me a message to let me know that they're going to take a break, I'd respect that and leave the game alone for a few extra days. But otherwise, if someone goes a week without making a move, I'm going to assume they don't plan on resuming and I force-quit the game so I can make room for new matches. I can't imagine too many people are using this to get "cheap wins"...I mean, you only get 2 points instead of the normal 12. Or at least that has been the case in my experience so far.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #11
bob101910

bob101910 rfp's Gamercard
Maybe if it was a console game or PC I'd understand needing more than a week, but not for mobile. I just take 5 minutes a night right before bed to play my turns. The only way I could see this being a problem, is for cheaters that need to use a solver on PC while they play. I don't know anybody that doesn't have at least 5 minutes of free time.
Most Recent: Guacamelee (X1)
bob101910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #12
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Yeah got to admit, I will force others to quit whenever they go over a week. You can only hold something like 25 games in your list anyway, so sometimes you need to make the room and if they aren't playing then why should you leave it there.

In the OP's case, I don't see how any of his opponents knew he was coming back at all. I would of forced him to quit too.

[Waggly Bean] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #13
my_box_72
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxc3 View Post
Hey genius you can't either
my_box_72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #14
LCZ

SoldierX's Gamercard
Max games is 30, also if you are losing and it is your turn and over a week you cannot force quit.
LCZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #15
sum1_superior

Send a message via MSN to sum1_superior

sum1 superior's Gamercard
Good! If you cant make a simple word in 7 days... you need to press and hold on the game launch icon... select uninstall, and leave it to people who actually want to play it!
I'm getting sick and tired of playing 3-4 words over 24 hours then as i'm usually winning, then have to wait 7 days to force a win as the opponent can't be bothered!
I say force win or quit within 3 days... IT'S A PHONE GAME so 99% of the time your phone is in your pocket! PLAY THE DAMN GAME!!!
Rant over.... sorry folks!

Looking for Glitches or bugs in games i can record! If you know of any please let me know or better still, show me and get featured!!!
Youtube.com/sum1superior
sum1_superior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 01:56 AM   #16
Gacys Clown

gacys clown's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Yeah, throw me in the unsympathetic boat. It cracks me up that a week isn't long enough, BUT two weeks would be ok, since that's incredibly convenient for them. Cry me a river.
Like this other guy said, your phone is most likely on you, so there isn't much of an excuse...not to mention the fact that if you were whooping everyone's ass like you said you were, then you would need even less time to make a word, since you're just basically going to be throwing words down, get a few points along the way, and get the game over with.
Old 01-24-2013, 02:04 AM   #17
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Thanks for this thread just force resigned 16 games from a month ago!
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 02:11 AM   #18
Gacys Clown

gacys clown's Gamercard

Dude, you should have given them five weeks...
Old 01-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #19
ghost10221987

ghost10221987's Gamercard
Wait, so you're on an achievement site complaining that people don't want to wait weeks at a time to play a move, so they walk over you to make the time it takes to get the achievement shorter, and you expect sympathy? Sorry bro, but I think just about everyone here disagrees with you on that. Maybe, I dunno, take a shit once a week and use that time to make a move.
W8 100%: 9
iOS 100%: 1
Web Games 100%: 1

Overall Completion %: Points: 78%
Overall Completion %: Achievements: 81%
ghost10221987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 12:14 PM   #20
MickeyT

MickeyT's Gamercard
Seems like a salty gamer to me? if your crushing an opponent by 100 or 150 points.. then decide its time for a break. Their waiting for you, a day or two, fine.

But once a week hits and nothing, then the other person would assume you have either stopped playing or are not bothering thus the reason the option is there. I've had people gone for two and three weeks, once I see a week, there gone! There outta here! I'm on to the next!

Ps I've had the same thing happen to me over xmas completely forgot about alpha jax, jumped back in and 6 people had forced me to resign. Part and parcel of the game!

Off topic to be pissed about.. if you have wp 7 or 7.8 its still 79p for angry birds space or star wars, but both have NO achievements. Now thats crazy!!

MT360.net/LIVE
MickeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 02:01 PM   #21
Gacys Clown

gacys clown's Gamercard

It would be nice if people that took the time to create a post to vent and bitch would reply or debate the responses they get. I'd just love to hear their take on our replies is all.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #22
segagamer

segagamer's Gamercard
Then why didn't you send a message to everyone saying that you'll be away on Holiday for x amount of time, and to not force quit you? That way, if they do walk over win, they're being a dick
Old 07-03-2013, 04:36 AM   #23
yamayamayaamaa

Send a message via ICQ to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via AIM to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Yahoo to yamayamayaamaa Send a message via Skype™ to yamayamayaamaa

yamayamayaamaa's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Gold   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
It should be 24 hours or less.

Especially since the amount of games is limited. Being unable to play the game at all is annoying.

yamayamayaamaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #24
DecadentBeaver

DecadentBeaver's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
To be honest, if you plan to take a break, just message the people and let them know.

Looking for people to join me in an epic Minecraft build once again. Its in creative, so if you are interested, message me for details.
DecadentBeaver is offline   Reply With Quote