Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-05-2013, 12:23 AM   #1
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Re-organizing the forums

In my ongoing efforts to clean up and re-organize the forums, there are a few changes to tell you about.

• All of the released titles have been moved from TBA to their correct platform/genre sections
  • Releases scheduled for 2013 have been sorted by quarter
  • I created two new genre areas for Live Arcade games that were missing: Fighting and Music/Rhythm.
  • I moved over to the new arcade sections all of the titles that I think belong in them

Next up, sorting the Japanese titles by genre!

By the way, the subscribers were quite helpful with these tasks, so I would like to publicly thank them for all of their assistance over the last couple of months. Any errors are mine of course, and you can tell me all about them over in the Feedback forum in this thread.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 05:05 PM   #2
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Got to say, all this forum work getting done, it's good to see.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 06:09 PM   #3
Mahtan Tinuviél

Mahtan Tinuviel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaako View Post
Got to say, all this forum work getting done, it's good to see.
I agree... kudos to all that are making the efford to make this site and thuis forum even better...

It got me more involved and I´m sure it will fish others as well!!

Thanks for Rajeanero for the signature!!

100% Retail: 28 - Latest : Borderlands
100% Arcade: 1 - Latest : Shoot Many Robots

Latest Milestone:
40.000 - 28/09/2013; Playing XCOM: EU.
Mahtan Tinuviél is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
Corrupt.
Groin Grabbingly Good

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   The Mighty Duck Face   RPG!!! Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Moderator   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Platinum   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
It's been fun getting involved and the site is moving in a good direction!
Corrupt. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 08:15 PM   #5
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Creech

we're glad to have you back (I remember when M$ stole you away for a while). You've been a great addition in making the site even better! Love the organization to the forums.

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 02:51 AM   #6
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
I just noticed that the Awards page got a bit of a revamp, too. Don't know if that was you, Creech or anyone else, but it looks great! Job well done on all the hard work.
Old 01-07-2013, 12:22 PM   #7
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yunder View Post
I just noticed that the Awards page got a bit of a revamp, too. Don't know if that was you, Creech or anyone else, but it looks great! Job well done on all the hard work.
Yeah, that was me. I honestly didn't think anyone would notice, so I didn't say anything. It definitely is more organized now, though.

Old 01-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #8
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Good luck with the Japaense game.... and 2500 post award?
Dang, have i been gone that long?

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:12 PM   #9
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Feels to good to see the forums getting some work done on lately so great work to all and Creech especially!
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:31 PM   #10
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
Hey Creech. Can I suggest an Off Topic Food section? I mean, who doesn't like food?

Good work though. You are doing an excellent job.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 09:31 PM   #11
Felonious Monk

HopeStillFlies's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Hey Creech. Can I suggest an Off Topic Food section? I mean, who doesn't like food?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryTopicInThatForumFromHereToEternity
I had a gordita today.
Here's a picture of it.

EDIT: wait that was a picture of my soda hold on let me try again

here's a picture of it.

and now here's a picture with a bite taken out of it

YUM
On topic, though, why'd Tech Centre get moved from OT to General? I think it's going to start picking up backwash of 360 and other game system hardware questions.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:58 PM   #12
kaleido42
AFK roughly 1 week

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Monk View Post
On topic, though, why'd Tech Centre get moved from OT to General? I think it's going to start picking up backwash of 360 and other game system hardware questions.
I'd suggested it (along with a few other changes) in the subscribers board for various reasons and the staff seemed to agree. Just to sum, take a look at the first post of every thread in the first page. Almost everything is either 360 related, pc gaming related, phones (which now carry achievemnts), setting router up for Live, entertainment system set-ups, etc. Given that 90%+ of it's posts could be considered on-topic with the rest of the site I'd suggested moving it to general.

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
kaleido42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 01:16 AM   #13
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum
I'm glad Felonious Monk agrees with me.
Old 01-08-2013, 03:44 AM   #14
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

That post from FeloniousMonk almost made me drop my computer. Freakin' hilarious. It might be worth making the Food forum just for the comedy value.

Old 01-08-2013, 03:57 AM   #15
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Suggestion: Move member profiles and tournaments in the same section as this forum. They seem more like "site" forums like this than anything else under General.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:09 AM   #16
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
As long as Monk doesn't post the follow-up post after the Taco Bell post, we'll be all good. I'd hate to see the forum turn into a shitty mess.
Old 01-08-2013, 04:15 AM   #17
KillerBEA

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Silver   Community Gaming - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
As long as Monk doesn't post the follow-up post after the Taco Bell post, we'll be all good. I'd hate to see the forum turn into a shitty mess.
I think I laughed way too hard..
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:37 AM   #18
Felonious Monk

HopeStillFlies's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
That post from FeloniousMonk almost made me drop my computer. Freakin' hilarious. It might be worth making the Food forum just for the comedy value.
Shoot me a line before April and give me 00 Agent status for it.

It'll be a blast, honest.

Quote:

Freshly.
Baked.
Cinnamon rolls.
Old 01-08-2013, 06:25 AM   #19
kaleido42
AFK roughly 1 week

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
Suggestion: Move member profiles and tournaments in the same section as this forum. They seem more like "site" forums like this than anything else under General.
I already made a suggestion regarding member profiles in the sub board. Creech wanted to think that one over.

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
kaleido42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:02 PM   #20
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Monk View Post

Freshly.
Baked.
Cinnamon rolls.
I had those for breakfast today.

Old 01-15-2013, 02:40 AM   #21
A ZombieTwinkie

A ZombieTwinkie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I noticed the added sub-forums Saturday night. Kind of caught me off guard, TBH, haha.

*Props to G A C K T for the awesome sig*

A ZombieTwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:34 AM   #22
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by A ZombieTwinkie View Post
I noticed the added sub-forums Saturday night. Kind of caught me off guard, TBH, haha.
The new Off-Topic sections in particular threw me off because I had been gone for a while and came back to those being there
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 01:09 AM   #23
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Yeah the one for food definitely screwed me over, I was like what!? It happens to be my favorite off topic forum now..

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #24
Barad

Location: Bristol, England Occupation: Undergraduate Status: Doing a raid
Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Emerald   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceskater101 View Post
Yeah the one for food definitely screwed me over, I was like what!? It happens to be my favorite off topic forum now..
A pleasant surprise over the feeling of being screwed over in suprise haha.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 05:22 PM   #25
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
You know, it took me a while to click on the Cars forums was new. I was like "that's always been there, right?"...

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #26
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Hi Creech!! Man, you've been busy.

Quote:
So:
  • Weird
  • More Weird
  • Super Weird
  • I Don't Know What I'm Seeing Weird
  • PURPLE TENTACLES WEIRD

Food forum. Food FORUM
FOOOOOOOODDDDD FORUM

I'm bringing some beer.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #27
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post

So:
  • Weird
  • More Weird
  • Super Weird
  • PURPLE TENTACLES WEIRD
Hahahaha! That was great.

Old 01-16-2013, 09:20 PM   #28
JAW LV

JAW LV's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Haven't been too active for this site during the past 4-5 months; been really busy launching my personal training career, studying to be a certified nutritionist, and helping my kids out with their homework.

Anyways I really like this new re-organization. I especially like the food forum section, since I'm big on health now it adds an entire new personal dimension to me and makes the experience of this site feel like a lot more than just a video gamer site. If you ever have the notion of adding anything directly related to exercise and/or nutrition feel free to hit me up with ideas/questions. I've been a gym rat going on 6 years now, member of NATA for 4 years- view my sig for info on NATA, and like I said I'm working on becoming a certified nutritionist and hope to gain that title by end of the year.

PROUD MEMBER OF
NUTRITION/EXERCISE QUESTIONS? ASK ME!
TRYING TO MAKE THE GAMING COMMUNITY A HEALTHIER COMMUNITY... EVEN IT TAKES ONE GAMER AT A TIME!

Last edited by JAW LV; 01-16-2013 at 09:26 PM.
JAW LV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:45 AM   #29
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post

So:
  • Weird
  • More Weird
  • Super Weird
  • PURPLE TENTACLES WEIRD

Food forum. Food FORUM
FOOOOOOOODDDDD FORUM

I'm bringing some beer.
Ahaha! Exactly!

Old 02-16-2013, 07:39 AM   #30
Mr Cogfather

Mr Cogfather's Gamercard
Quote:
In my ongoing efforts to clean up and re-organize the forums, there are a few changes to tell you about.

• All of the released titles have been moved from TBA to their correct platform/genre sections
  • Releases scheduled for 2013 have been sorted by quarter
  • I created two new genre areas for Live Arcade games that were missing: Fighting and Music/Rhythm.
  • I moved over to the new arcade sections all of the titles that I think belong in them

By the way, the subscribers were quite helpful with these tasks, so I would like to publicly thank them for all of their assistance over the last couple of months. Any errors are mine of course, and you can tell me all about them over in the Feedback forum in this thread.
I'm going to feel dumb I think but......hey Creech are you the Website Founder?
Mr Cogfather is offline   Reply With Quote