PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Battlefield 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-20-2013, 04:44 AM   #1
Shelder

Shelder's Gamercard
Battlefield 4 reveal is almost here [maybe a few hours] !

GameStop's CEO got to see Battlefield 4 today, Origin and Battlefield accounts retweeted him. It's coming, probably at the PS4 reveal event in a few hours !

Last edited by Shelder; 02-20-2013 at 01:04 PM.
Shelder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 06:02 AM   #2
WOLFkraut

WOLFkraut's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Das ist toll!

I'm actually quite excited about BF4 now.
Old 02-20-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
Burnout x360a

M1KE 08's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Very much doubt that a console version was used to show off the game, that would be folly.

I do hope they put out better maps for Battlefield 4, I liked Battlefield 3 but the maps were just so meh to me.

^ By Xerofox, thanks!
Twitter lSteam

Burnout x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #4
Eddy FIN

Eddy FIN's Gamercard
"BE ADVISED"

lf bf4 is coming to this gen xbox l'm considering buying a good pc and playing on it. Otherwise gieb new xbus
Eddy FIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #5
gmurda33

gmurda33's Gamercard
funny how there is all this talk about not allowing used games to be played on the new gen consoles yet they show bf4 to the gamestop CEO. lolwut?

gmurda33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 03:06 PM   #6
Eddy FIN

Eddy FIN's Gamercard
l'm actually okay for fucking over consumers who buy used. It gets no money to the producer of the goods. l see no wrong in those 'online passes' for used games.

edit: actually investigating my own point for a bit, when one sells used they no longer get the product so in a way buying used is not copying of goods. l still stand by what l think of the passes

Last edited by Eddy FIN; 02-20-2013 at 03:08 PM. Reason: there's a rabbit in my pants
Old 02-20-2013, 03:19 PM   #7
gmurda33

gmurda33's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy FIN View Post
l'm actually okay for fucking over consumers who buy used. It gets no money to the producer of the goods. l see no wrong in those 'online passes' for used games.

edit: actually investigating my own point for a bit, when one sells used they no longer get the product so in a way buying used is not copying of goods. l still stand by what l think of the passes

i dont see anything wrong with the passes either. the problem is that they are discussing having "anti-used game" measures. this means u HAVE to buy the game to play it. No renting it to see if you like it--no borrowing from a friend--none of that--u have to spend the 60 bucks to play every game. if this is the case, ill buy the new xbox and bf4 and thats it.

Old 02-20-2013, 03:38 PM   #8
Eddy FIN

Eddy FIN's Gamercard
^That sounds donkeycock, those measures would be surely too much.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #9
gmurda33

gmurda33's Gamercard
Quote:

hopefully, but rumors are rumors, and idc until its confirmed

Old 02-20-2013, 03:51 PM   #10
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnout x360a View Post
Very much doubt that a console version was used to show off the game, that would be folly.

I do hope they put out better maps for Battlefield 4, I liked Battlefield 3 but the maps were just so meh to me.
I totally agree. I end up spending all of my time playing Conquest/TDM on Operation Metro, and occasionally playing Conquest on Kharg Island, Damavand Peak, and Nosharh Canals. The rest of the maps are just wasting space on my hard drive.

Quote:

Game developers/publishers are just cutting their own throat by putting an end to the use game market. What they are failing to take into consideration is the buying power that the consumer gets from trading their old games. Most people can't afford to shell out $60 per game, and most of those people also don't plan on keeping the games they finish. What now? They pay $60 for a game that they can never sell, and thus can't trade towards credit to buy the next $60 game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmurda33 View Post
i dont see anything wrong with the passes either. the problem is that they are discussing having "anti-used game" measures. this means u HAVE to buy the game to play it. No renting it to see if you like it--no borrowing from a friend--none of that--u have to spend the 60 bucks to play every game. if this is the case, ill buy the new xbox and bf4 and thats it.
Quoted for truth. I am sitting on 20+ games right now that I haven't had a chance to start. I bought most of them around Black Friday and through the Christmas season at steep discount. Going forward, if games were to include a license agreement for ONE USER, I too would buy ONE game (Battlefield 4, 5, 6, whatever...) and play just that ONE game. Fuck 'em.

CGPsaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:08 PM   #11
GeneralGranko

Send a message via Skype™ to GeneralGranko

xX forEV3R Xx's Gamercard
I would like to see BC3 or BF2143 much more, but I canīt wait even for this!! Hope itīs revealed together with PS4, that would be so awesome.
rockyzz@seznam.cz

Playing now: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC)
Need players for:
CoD: BO2 Apocalypse DLC - Easter Egg

GeneralGranko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:28 PM   #12
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Otherwise gieb new xbus
x-bus? Gotta be better than the TTC.

All I want is to dive into 64 player matches. Yes please.

Refuse to get the next gen on release though, want the launch bugs out first and too many great games for the 360 I still haven't played.

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:46 PM   #13
Benny34
Banned User

Quote:
You do to much heroine brownies.
Benny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 05:54 PM   #14
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny34 View Post
Damn son. Skipped the marijuana brownies and went straight to the smack!

Old 02-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #15
Eddy FIN

Eddy FIN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benny34 View Post
You're just jelly l don't buy your pudding.

CGPsaint; "
Game developers/publishers are just cutting their own throat by putting an end to the use game market. What they are failing to take into consideration is the buying power that the consumer gets from trading their old games. Most people can't afford to shell out $60 per game, and most of those people also don't plan on keeping the games they finish. What now? They pay $60 for a game that they can never sell, and thus can't trade towards credit to buy the next $60 game. "

My remedy is to play games with a years lag D: l buy games really late, only MP's l get soon if l wanna play them.
lt's hard for anyone to afford those rates. lf you pay 20+10$ on online pass for fresh stuff l don't think it's too bad however. The producer needs to get paid somehow.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:18 PM   #16
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:
My remedy is to play games with a years lag D: l buy games really late, only MP's l get soon if l wanna play them.
lt's hard for anyone to afford those rates. lf you pay 20+10$ on online pass for fresh stuff l don't think it's too bad however. The producer needs to get paid somehow.
This is my solution for sports games and pretty much anything that I don't plan on playing the MP for. That being said, a lot of games are holding their value longer than in the past and AAA titles are not dropping in price in their first year anymore, unless you can snag them on sale.

Old 02-20-2013, 06:22 PM   #17
Skillet

Send a message via MSN to Skillet

Skillet x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   x360a Representer   Staff Club - Skillet   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Road Map - Bronze   Word of Mouth   SOTF Runner Up   SOTF Winner   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGPsaint View Post
Game developers/publishers are just cutting their own throat by putting an end to the use game market. What they are failing to take into consideration is the buying power that the consumer gets from trading their old games. Most people can't afford to shell out $60 per game, and most of those people also don't plan on keeping the games they finish. What now? They pay $60 for a game that they can never sell, and thus can't trade towards credit to buy the next $60 game.
Not really. You've never been able to trade in PC games at Gamestop, nor can you sell/trade any PC games from the last several years because of single-use licensing keys. The only way is to sell the lgin information for the accounts that you play these games on. There are also millions of people who buy games on Steam, and those games cannot be traded or sold once they are licensed to an account.

Yes, no longer having the option to sell/trade used console games would suck, but it wouldn't "cut the throat" of the publishers and devs. PC gamers have done without these luxuries for years, and console gamers would get used to it eventually.

You can bet your ass if they would implement this kind of system, an always-connected console would be attached to it. Otherwise, there would be an increase in the number of people pirating console games... on par with PC, in all likelihood.

Personally, I don't think either will happen with the next generation. But we'll see.

Read them.... apply them.

Last edited by Skillet; 02-20-2013 at 06:26 PM.
Skillet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #18
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Battlefield 4 forum is here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:16 PM   #19
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
But we're all here

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #20
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

I doubt we will see much of the multiplayer the reveal. It will probably be full of single player cinematic shots much like the BF3 announcement/teaser video was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Not a single fuck is given.

BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:58 PM   #21
Eddy FIN

Eddy FIN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBDrew84 View Post
Well that depends from whom you're asking.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:04 PM   #22
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
But we're all here
Exactly! At least until BF4 launches!

Quote:
That's not entirely true. If we all give just 5% of a fuck, then a single fuck could be given. And while we're at it, for just 7 cents per day, you can give a starving child in Africa fresh drinking water for the rest of his natural life.

*cue sappy Sarah Mclachlan music*

Quote:
Well that depends from whom you're asking.
Probably not asking Drew up in this piece!

Old 02-20-2013, 09:53 PM   #23
BBDrew84

BBDrew's Gamercard

Quote:
That's not entirely true. If we all give just 5% of a fuck, then a single fuck could be given. And while we're at it, for just 7 cents per day, you can give a starving child in Africa fresh drinking water for the rest of his natural life.

*cue sappy Sarah Mclachlan music*
I am currently in dire straits though with the economy the way it is and I am fuck poor. Plus on top of that my religion does not allow me to give any fucks.

Ha! I hate those commercials, trying to guilt me into contributing to your cause while playing some sad music is a pretty big low in my book.

BBDrew84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 09:56 PM   #24
CGPsaint

CGPsaint's Gamercard

Quote:
I am currently in dire straits though with the economy the way it is and I am fuck poor. Plus on top of that my religion does not allow me to give any fucks.

Ha! I hate those commercials, trying to guilt me into contributing to your cause while playing some sad music is a pretty big low in my book.
Well then, it's a damn good thing that you have a functioning console and a copy of BF3. Game on my friend. Game on.

Old 02-21-2013, 12:38 AM   #25
Eddy FIN

Eddy FIN's Gamercard
Are you guys watching the Praystation 4 thing, can someone give a brief sitrep if they talk about this? any cool nuggits of information
Old 02-21-2013, 01:00 AM   #26
Benny34
Banned User

nope.
Benny34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 01:07 AM   #27
Barad
Super Fun Time

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
But we're all here
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly! At least until BF4 launches!
Then move there poofters cuz this here's illegal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotyMcFat View Post
I bought destiny thinking it was a game, instead I got a Zoo.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:51 AM   #28
JORDAN K 95

Send a message via Skype™ to JORDAN K 95

JORDAN K 95's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
No BF4 reveal at PS4 event

but the PS4 is confirmed to be released holiday 2013 (winter)

GTA5 has been confirmed it isnt next-gen, but next-gen is releasing at a similar time...

hopefully xbox 720 will also relase this year, otherwise im more towards the ps4 side

Thanks for the sig Gackt

BF4 RANK:
JORDAN K 95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 02:18 PM   #29
Eddy FIN

Eddy FIN's Gamercard
l thought about that GTAV push last night, they pushed it back right around those times when next-gen comes.

Appropo, how many here are gonna keep with the Xbox? Unless they make it kidBox any harder l think this is the lane l'm gonna stick in.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #30
PrinceofDeath86

Send a message via Yahoo to PrinceofDeath86

PrinceofDeath01's Gamercard
I give it till the end of March before the Xbox 720 announcement, otherwise they will miss their opportunity while the community is still fresh off the PS4 announcement an will fall behind Sony.