Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Ambassadors
Subscribe    Donate

Closed Thread

Old 01-18-2013, 02:18 AM   #31
kaleido42
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
For hard:
True diabolical power! from Guwange
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Monk View Post
For quirky, there's this:

15G - Pervert
Inspect a pair of withered binoceros testicles with genuine enthusiasm.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Activity...eId=1480657191

From Penny Arcade Episode 2.

Come on. You can't pass that up.

And one for hard:

30G - Silent, But Deadly
Beat the final Boss without healing.

https://live.xbox.com/en-US/Activity...eId=1480657165

From Penny Arcade Episode 1
Isn't this still restricted to reps only?

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
Old 01-18-2013, 02:22 AM   #32
KillerBEA
Anger Issues

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Gold   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
Pretty sure BAR4D isn't a rep either. I can see the forum and the threads so I thought I would throw my 2 cents in.

I see it now my bad...

Last edited by KillerBEA; 01-18-2013 at 03:05 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:24 AM   #33
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
My bad I thought this slowly drifted into open member suggestions too but feel free to remove my suggestions.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Old 01-18-2013, 02:29 AM   #34
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Gold   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 47 (more» ...)
In fairness, I had been looking at some of the suggestions that B A R 4 D and Monk had suggested. Also, I kind of want to get this done, so suggestions from outside are helpful in that regard.
Old 01-18-2013, 02:29 AM   #35
Felonious Monk

HopeStillFlies's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
...then why isn't the forum set to restrict regulars from posting but still allowed to view?

It's like, a checkbox away in the group permissions, but I suppose it's hard to know if it was done properly if it's not been tested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech
If you are not an official x360a representer, please don't reply to this thread as your post will be removed.
Crazy. Ounce of prevention beats a poundin' on my head, guys.

Last edited by Felonious Monk; 01-18-2013 at 02:32 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:06 AM   #36
kaleido42
CET

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Quote:
...then why isn't the forum set to restrict regulars from posting but still allowed to view?

It's like, a checkbox away in the group permissions, but I suppose it's hard to know if it was done properly if it's not been tested.

Crazy. Ounce of prevention beats a poundin' on my head, guys.
Because they're also using this forum for sign-ups. Although it might have been a little extra work, I think they should have put this (and a couple of the other threads) into a sub-forum that only the reps had access to.

Also, I kind of agree with Doug here about getting this done. If there isn't any objecting reps is there any chance of opening this thing up to outside suggestion, let everyone throw in ideas just to fill/overflow the list a bit, and then allowing only the official reps to work it down to what they want?

Old 01-18-2013, 04:33 AM   #37
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Gold   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Scratch the SURFACE Challenge Club - Tier 2
Quote:
Because they're also using this forum for sign-ups. Although it might have been a little extra work, I think they should have put this (and a couple of the other threads) into a sub-forum that only the reps had access to.

Also, I kind of agree with Doug here about getting this done. If there isn't any objecting reps is there any chance of opening this thing up to outside suggestion, let everyone throw in ideas just to fill/overflow the list a bit, and then allowing only the official reps to work it down to what they want?
If there are good suggestions, I would welcome them. There are far fewer acrade achievements than retail achievements, and honestly, a bunch of the ones I suggested in the last round were just looking for funny names or descriptions in highly regarded games or serieses.

Let reps/staff have the filter, but allow suggestions.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:41 AM   #38
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Staff - Administrator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Quote:

There actually isn't a group set up for Representers in our system. Due to some of the other things we have set up, there hasn't been room in our overhead to add that, and frankly, this is a brand new experiment simply to create a particular forum for the Representers. For right now Jappe is policing it manually. Down the road, that may change, but we live within our limitations.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:01 AM   #39
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
There actually isn't a group set up for Representers in our system. Due to some of the other things we have set up, there hasn't been room in our overhead to add that, and frankly, this is a brand new experiment simply to create a particular forum for the Representers. For right now Jappe is policing it manually. Down the road, that may change, but we live within our limitations.
That's the only reason I "weighed-in" on the thread for allowing new standards for reps. It became open to everyone. Personally I think it's awesome to allow reps to design this list much like subscribers designed the retail list. In any case, I guess my post is now subject to deletion.

Change is inevitable.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:11 AM   #40
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Alright, post 28 has the minimum number of achievements for a list now. If anyone has any suggestions, please post them. I'm not sure how hard some of the hard ones are and most of the quirky ones were just me looking at more well known games and looking for funny names.

In the other hand, me making so many suggestions means I probably start with a higher level of award.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:23 PM   #41
Burning Karma

Send a message via MSN to Burning Karma

Burning Karma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I know I'm not a rep, but at the risk of having this post deleted, I still want to weigh in. I've got a couple ideas:

Hard
Alan Wake's American Nightmare - Poetry in Motion
Doom - Rampage (Maybe? It was a little tricky for me)
TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - I Will Survive

Quirky
Comic Jumper - Shut Star Up

Might have more to add later, but these jumped out at me. Hopefully this doesn't get deleted. >.>

"Lived, lives, will live."
"Died, dies, will die."
Old 01-18-2013, 05:10 PM   #42
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyu View Post
I know I'm not a rep, but at the risk of having this post deleted, I still want to weigh in. I've got a couple ideas:

Hard
Alan Wake's American Nightmare - Poetry in Motion
Doom - Rampage (Maybe? It was a little tricky for me)
TMNT: Turtles in Time Re-Shelled - I Will Survive

Quirky
Comic Jumper - Shut Star Up

Might have more to add later, but these jumped out at me. Hopefully this doesn't get deleted. >.>
Good suggestions, but we cant add the TMNT achievement since the game is no longer available (though I agree, it is hard). I have the other games on the list already, and we really only want one achievement per game, but I will keep them in mind (Shut Up Star might work better than Violence Solves Everything).
Old 01-18-2013, 06:05 PM   #43
Burning Karma

Send a message via MSN to Burning Karma

Burning Karma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
Good suggestions, but we cant add the TMNT achievement since the game is no longer available (though I agree, it is hard). I have the other games on the list already, and we really only want one achievement per game, but I will keep them in mind (Shut Up Star might work better than Violence Solves Everything).
Oh, TMNT is longer available? My mistake, I did not realize that (or maybe I did and forgot xD). I was also basing my suggestions on the list posted before you filled it out with yours.

"Lived, lives, will live."
"Died, dies, will die."
Old 01-18-2013, 06:12 PM   #44
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Quote:
Oh, TMNT is longer available? My mistake, I did not realize that (or maybe I did and forgot xD). I was also basing my suggestions on the list posted before you filled it out with yours.
Yeah, it got delisted a while ago (I want to say a year and a half ago) when Ubisoft lost the license. But looking over the list, I realised I had added another unavailable game. Got to find a replacement.

Edit: Found one. Didn't realise that the Doom series was not represented. Yeah, I like the classics.

Last edited by Capn Doug; 01-18-2013 at 06:17 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 06:27 PM   #45
kaleido42
CET

kaleido42's Gamercard

Quote:
If there are good suggestions, I would welcome them.

Let reps/staff have the filter, but allow suggestions.
Quote:
Also, I kind of want to get this done, so suggestions from outside are helpful in that regard.
Quote:
If anyone has any suggestions, please post them.
Quote:
I know I'm not a rep, but at the risk of having this post deleted, I still want to weigh in.
Well then...

Took a look at my games and most of the good ones have already been mentioned (and I'm assuming WP/Win8 is off limits).

So, just thought I'd mention that RISK: Factions (which is currently on the list) is VERY easy to boost, did it last night, I had the achievement in less than half an hour, and it seems to glitch on some people, couple hours and about 30 games (of just him winning) the other guy still didn't have it. And it's an EA published title, with not a huge population, so the chances of a server shutdown soon is quite possible.

One game that I noticed wasn't mentioned is Outpost Kaloki X, awesome little game, was absolutely addicted to it for a while. Space station simulator type of game with a bit of a comical side. No quirky achievements in it unfortunately, but for hard I'd recommend either:

Eight-Port Master

or

Adventure Story Gold

Adventure Story Gold is by far the harder achievement, I've yet to manage it myself, even with a guide.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #46
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Quote:
Well then...

Took a look at my games and most of the good ones have already been mentioned (and I'm assuming WP/Win8 is off limits).

So, just thought I'd mention that RISK: Factions (which is currently on the list) is VERY easy to boost, did it last night, I had the achievement in less than half an hour, and it seems to glitch on some people, couple hours and about 30 games (of just him winning) the other guy still didn't have it. And it's an EA published title, with not a huge population, so the chances of a server shutdown soon is quite possible.

One game that I noticed wasn't mentioned is Outpost Kaloki X, awesome little game, was absolutely addicted to it for a while. Space station simulator type of game with a bit of a comical side. No quirky achievements in it unfortunately, but for hard I'd recommend either:

Eight-Port Master

or

Adventure Story Gold

Adventure Story Gold is by far the harder achievement, I've yet to manage it myself, even with a guide.
Yeah, just like GFWL doesn't count for the retail version, XBLA only for this list (then again, how many hard/quirky achievements are there on WP? They usually seem to be pretty "by the numbers.")

I know a lot of people thought that Adventure Gold was glitched because it was so hard, but I'll definitely keep Eight Port Master in mind. since there is probably going to be some trimming needed. I'm not going to trim until the weekend is over, though. Got to give time for more suggestions to filter in.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:06 PM   #47
Grifter Reborn

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   Staff - Moderator   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Yeah, just like GFWL doesn't count for the retail version, XBLA only for this list (then again, how many hard/quirky achievements are there on WP? They usually seem to be pretty "by the numbers.")

I know a lot of people thought that Adventure Gold was glitched because it was so hard, but I'll definitely keep Eight Port Master in mind. since there is probably going to be some trimming needed. I'm not going to trim until the weekend is over, though. Got to give time for more suggestions to filter in.
2 games off the top of my head are Feeding Frenzy and Mark of the Ninja. I guess just let me know if you're looking for hard or quirky.

Change is inevitable.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:09 PM   #48
kaleido42
CET

kaleido42's Gamercard

Quote:
(then again, how many hard/quirky achievements are there on WP? They usually seem to be pretty "by the numbers.")
The majority are fairly straight forward, but I've played some ones that are ridiculously brutal. The first monkey ball, second monkey ball (both finished, and both brutal), carcassonne (more time there), all the grinding in rise of glory, Jet Car Stunts (who ever finishes that deserves some serious respect, I think it has the highest ratio...), gravity guy is hard, PvZ has as couple quirky, Win8 stuff has some quircky, etc. But I see can keeping it to the 360, unfortunately...

Quote:
I know a lot of people thought that Adventure Gold was glitched because it was so hard
They just suck, like me
I've seen it done legitimately in person. It is unbelievably hard, but it can be done.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #49
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
2 games off the top of my head are Feeding Frenzy and Mark of the Ninja. I guess just let me know if you're looking for hard or quirky.
I put Feeding Frenzy into Hard, since I know a lot of people had had trouble with the time attack mode.

I bought Mark of the Ninja when it was on sale, but haven't played it yet, and either Quirky or Hard would be welcome. It's nice to have more than is needed to weed out some that might not be as good for the list.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:20 PM   #50
Grifter Reborn

Quote:
I put Feeding Frenzy into Hard, since I know a lot of people had had trouble with the time attack mode.

I bought Mark of the Ninja when it was on sale, but haven't played it yet, and either Quirky or Hard would be welcome. It's nice to have more than is needed to weed out some that might not be as good for the list.
For quirky I can think of a couple, but I'll go with:

Things Better Left Unseen - 10

Change is inevitable.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:35 PM   #51
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
For quirky I can think of a couple, but I'll go with:

Things Better Left Unseen - 10
Looked into the achievement list for the game and think Unstable Footing for terrorizing a guard so that he stumbles off a ledge might be a better fit. What do you think?
Old 01-18-2013, 09:13 PM   #52
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Staff - Administrator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Quote:
There hasn't been that much activity in this list as of late. I've taken the liberty of adding a bunch more achievements to help round out the list.

Hard achievements:
1) N+ - Complete All 50 Episodes
2) Ikaruga - Unstoppable
3) Dig Dug - Dug
4) Braid - Speed Run
5) Super Meat Boy - I'm a Golden God
6) Trials HD - Marathon
7) Limbo - No Point in Dying
8) Splosion Man - All Hail the Splode King
9) Hexic HD - Grand Pearl Pooh-bah
10) Peggle - Peggle PHD
11) Plants vs Zombies - Alive and Planting
12) Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Seeker
13) Boom Boom Rocket - Sore Thumb Award
14) Catan - Chancellor of Catan
15) Defense Grid - Master Strategist
16) Inferno Pool - Last Over 5 Minutes
17) Assault Heroes - Lair Slayer
18) Red Alert 3: Commander's Challenge - King of the World
19) Voodoo Dice - Voodoo Sorcerer
20) Contra - Bulletproof
21) Risk: Factions - Demon Child
22) Magic the Gathering 2012 - My Crushing Masterstroke
23) Texas Hold 'Em - Luck of the Draw
24) Soltrio Solitaire - Solitaire Conqueror
25) Switchball - Speedroller Master
26) War World - Extreme Level 100 Completed
27) Star Trek D-A-C - Captain on the Bridge
28) Geometry Wars Evolved - Survived 1,000,000
29) Dust: An Elysian Tale - The Stuff of Legends
30) Luxor 2 - Pharoh of Two Lands
31) Earthworm Jom HD - Superhero!
32) Bejeweled 2 - Endless Mode
33) Aqua: Naval Warfare - Wavebreaker
34) Crazy Taxi - Amazing Driver
35) Kinect Playfit - 150K Marathon
36) Toy Soldiers - Sweet Fancy Adams [Game series in Quirky]
37) Hardwood Hearts - Lunar Satellite
38) From Dust - Last Breath
39) Iron Brigade - Medal of Honor
40) Aegis Wing - Ace
41) Rock Band Blitz - Precious Medal
42) Feeding Frenzy - Complete Time Attack
43) Counterstrike: Global Offensive - God of War
44) Marvel vs Capcom 2 - The Best There Is at What I Do
45) Mega Man 9 - Invincible
46) Prince of Persia Classic - SURVIVOR
47) Sonic 4: Episode 1 - Untouchable
48) Spelunky - Speedlunky
49) The War of the Worlds - I Am Arthur Clarke
50) Blacklight Tango Down - Gearhead

Alternates:
Undertow - Frenzy
Serious Sam: The First Encounter - Serious Sam
Bloodrayne: Betrayal - Pro Vamp
Rayman 3 HD - Perfection Needs No Arms
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD - Completist
Guwange - True Diabolical Power!

Quirky achievements:

1) Toy Soldiers: Cold War - Heated Rivalry
2) X-Men Arcade - Welcome to Die!
3) Secret of Monkey Island - Ten Minutes Later...
4) Portal: Still Alive - Out of the Blue
5) Raskulls - Smarty Pants...
6) Red Alert 3: Commander's Challenge - Going Commando [Game is also in Hard]
7) Darwinia+ - Fastidious
8) Kingdom for Keflings - Vanity
9) Worms 2 - Fast, Pink and Hard
10) Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue - Ruin Christmas
11) The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom - Smacked Bottom
12) ilomilo - The Musician
13) Duke Nukem 3D - Shake It Baby or The Duke's Mighty Foot
14) Shadow Complex - Walkin' on Water
15) Lazy Riders - Guinea Pig
16) Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - Beat a Better Mousetrap
17) Earthworm Jim HD - Snot an Achievement [Game also in Hard]
18) Sonic CD - 88 Miles Per Hour
19) Watchmen: The End is Nigh Part 2 - Gentleman
20) The Walking Dead - Too Much Salt will Kill You
21) Fruit Ninja Kinect - Edumacated
22) Castle Crashers - Kay Eye Ess Ess
23) Texas Cheat 'Em - You're Missing the Point Here...
24) Perfect Dark - Golden Days
25) Bastion - Mind Voyager
26) Minecraft - The Lie
27) Uno - Bluff
28) Deadlight - Never Gonna Give You Up
29) Blade Kitten - Nine Lives
30) Kicking *** - Beyond Good and Evil
31) Comic Jumper - Violence Solves Everything
32) Torchlight - Only a Master of Evil
33) Ms Splosion Man - What Did You Do, Ray?
34) Alan Wake's American Nightmare - Skill Beats Gun
35) The Simpsons Arcade - It Tastes Like Burning
36) Chime - Fairy Godmother
37) Costume Quest - Do the Monster Bash
38) Deadliest Warrior - That Was Sparta!
39) Double Dragon Neon - You Did What?!?
40) Ticket to Ride - Underachiever
41) Undertow - Hydropwnage [Game also in Hard]
42) Dead Rising 2: Case Zero - Small Town, Deep Pockets
43) Fighting Vipers - Skirt Destroyer
44) Penny Arcarde Episode 2 - Pervert
45) Kinect Fun Labs: Musical Feet - Glissando!
46) Banjo-Tooie - All Beaten Up [the tile is tighty whities, tee hee]
47) BloodRayne: Betrayal - 8 Fingers, 8 Bits
48) South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play - Couch Potato
49) Wolfenstien 3D - You Are Death Incarnate
50) Doom II: Hell on Earth - You Have Huge Guts
Quirky additions:
Cloning Clyde - Ancestorial Antics
Marathon - Tastes Like Chicken
Sealife Safari - Living Dinosaur
Bomberman LIVE - The Name's Bomb, Dangerous Bomb
UNO Rush - Party Planner

Hard additions:
If it is region free, Sneak King - Completist is a freakin' bear.
Word Puzzle - Survival Expert
Astropop - Ace Astropopper
Heavy Weapon - Freedom's Last Stand
Puzzle Arcade - Beat the Bots
Chessmaster LIVE - Champ

Old 01-18-2013, 09:43 PM   #53
Dog Face

In Marshall's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
There hasn't been that much activity in this list as of late. I've taken the liberty of adding a bunch more achievements to help round out the list.

Hard achievements:
1) N+ - Complete All 50 Episodes
2) Ikaruga - Unstoppable
3) Dig Dug - Dug
4) Braid - Speed Run
5) Super Meat Boy - I'm a Golden God
6) Trials HD - Marathon
7) Limbo - No Point in Dying
8) Splosion Man - All Hail the Splode King
9) Hexic HD - Grand Pearl Pooh-bah
10) Peggle - Peggle PHD
11) Plants vs Zombies - Alive and Planting
12) Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - Seeker
13) Boom Boom Rocket - Sore Thumb Award
14) Catan - Chancellor of Catan
15) Defense Grid - Master Strategist
16) Inferno Pool - Last Over 5 Minutes
17) Assault Heroes - Lair Slayer
18) Red Alert 3: Commander's Challenge - King of the World
19) Voodoo Dice - Voodoo Sorcerer
20) Contra - Bulletproof
21) Risk: Factions - Demon Child
22) Magic the Gathering 2012 - My Crushing Masterstroke
23) Texas Hold 'Em - Luck of the Draw
24) Soltrio Solitaire - Solitaire Conqueror
25) Switchball - Speedroller Master
26) War World - Extreme Level 100 Completed
27) Star Trek D-A-C - Captain on the Bridge
28) Geometry Wars Evolved - Survived 1,000,000
29) Dust: An Elysian Tale - The Stuff of Legends
30) Luxor 2 - Pharoh of Two Lands
31) Earthworm Jom HD - Superhero!
32) Bejeweled 2 - Endless Mode
33) Aqua: Naval Warfare - Wavebreaker
34) Crazy Taxi - Amazing Driver
35) Kinect Playfit - 150K Marathon
36) Toy Soldiers - Sweet Fancy Adams [Game series in Quirky]
37) Hardwood Hearts - Lunar Satellite
38) From Dust - Last Breath
39) Iron Brigade - Medal of Honor
40) Aegis Wing - Ace
41) Rock Band Blitz - Precious Medal
42) Feeding Frenzy - Complete Time Attack
43) Counterstrike: Global Offensive - God of War
44) Marvel vs Capcom 2 - The Best There Is at What I Do
45) Mega Man 9 - Invincible
46) Prince of Persia Classic - SURVIVOR
47) Sonic 4: Episode 1 - Untouchable
48) Spelunky - Speedlunky
49) The War of the Worlds - I Am Arthur Clarke
50) Blacklight Tango Down - Gearhead

Alternates:
Undertow - Frenzy
Serious Sam: The First Encounter - Serious Sam
Bloodrayne: Betrayal - Pro Vamp
Rayman 3 HD - Perfection Needs No Arms
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD - Completist
Guwange - True Diabolical Power!

Quirky achievements:

1) Toy Soldiers: Cold War - Heated Rivalry
2) X-Men Arcade - Welcome to Die!
3) Secret of Monkey Island - Ten Minutes Later...
4) Portal: Still Alive - Out of the Blue
5) Raskulls - Smarty Pants...
6) Red Alert 3: Commander's Challenge - Going Commando [Game is also in Hard]
7) Darwinia+ - Fastidious
8) Kingdom for Keflings - Vanity
9) Worms 2 - Fast, Pink and Hard
10) Deathspank: Thongs of Virtue - Ruin Christmas
11) The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom - Smacked Bottom
12) ilomilo - The Musician
13) Duke Nukem 3D - Shake It Baby or The Duke's Mighty Foot
14) Shadow Complex - Walkin' on Water
15) Lazy Riders - Guinea Pig
16) Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light - Beat a Better Mousetrap
17) Earthworm Jim HD - Snot an Achievement [Game also in Hard]
18) Sonic CD - 88 Miles Per Hour
19) Watchmen: The End is Nigh Part 2 - Gentleman
20) The Walking Dead - Too Much Salt will Kill You
21) Fruit Ninja Kinect - Edumacated
22) Castle Crashers - Kay Eye Ess Ess
23) Texas Cheat 'Em - You're Missing the Point Here...
24) Perfect Dark - Golden Days
25) Bastion - Mind Voyager
26) Minecraft - The Lie
27) Uno - Bluff
28) Deadlight - Never Gonna Give You Up
29) Blade Kitten - Nine Lives
30) Kicking *** - Beyond Good and Evil
31) Comic Jumper - Violence Solves Everything
32) Torchlight - Only a Master of Evil
33) Ms Splosion Man - What Did You Do, Ray?
34) Alan Wake's American Nightmare - Skill Beats Gun
35) The Simpsons Arcade - It Tastes Like Burning
36) Chime - Fairy Godmother
37) Costume Quest - Do the Monster Bash
38) Deadliest Warrior - That Was Sparta!
39) Double Dragon Neon - You Did What?!?
40) Ticket to Ride - Underachiever
41) Undertow - Hydropwnage [Game also in Hard]
42) Dead Rising 2: Case Zero - Small Town, Deep Pockets
43) Fighting Vipers - Skirt Destroyer
44) Penny Arcarde Episode 2 - Pervert
45) Kinect Fun Labs: Musical Feet - Glissando!
46) Banjo-Tooie - All Beaten Up [the tile is tighty whities, tee hee]
47) BloodRayne: Betrayal - 8 Fingers, 8 Bits
48) South Park Let's Go Tower Defense Play - Couch Potato
49) Wolfenstien 3D - You Are Death Incarnate
50) Doom II: Hell on Earth - You Have Huge Guts
I know this list isn't final but I Am Arthur Clarke will stop everyone from getting the final award for this. And the N+ one isn't only hard but the leaderboards also don't update all the time so you have to complete the episodes multiple times. It's the only reason I don't have 200/200 in it. I don't have the patience to beat an episode for it not to update.

For suggestions, Hard:

Heavy Weapon - Freedom's Last Stand
Brain Challenge - 100% Brain Usage

For suggestions, Quirky:

Black Knight Sword - I English Read Good
Madden NFL Arcade - Play Them Out Keyboard Cat
Old 01-18-2013, 10:17 PM   #54
Grifter Reborn

Quote:
Looked into the achievement list for the game and think Unstable Footing for terrorizing a guard so that he stumbles off a ledge might be a better fit. What do you think?
That one could work too. Definitely a little tougher to pull off. I was thinking of that one or "inner heaven" as alternates, but yes I'd say you're safe including any of them. Fun game to play.

Change is inevitable.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:35 PM   #55
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Going through and adding everything as well as making sure that the games are available and region free (Sneak King is not, sadly, since it was brutal). A lot of Creech's suggestions strangely don't qualify... Almost like some one is trying to make sure that he starts with a higher ranking than Creech
Old 01-19-2013, 12:18 AM   #56
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Going through and adding everything as well as making sure that the games are available and region free (Sneak King is not, sadly, since it was brutal). A lot of Creech's suggestions strangely don't qualify... Almost like some one is trying to make sure that he starts with a higher ranking than Creech

Hahahah! Everyone will start with a higher rank than I do in these. I play very few arcade games. I do have the N+ one though. One of the few games where I came very close to throwing a controller.

Actually, I counted through the last list you posted, and I have 29. Not as bad as I thought. I have a few of the ones posted since then, so I have the potential to start at around 30.... But I don't see it going up much, arcade games and I don't get along.

Old 01-19-2013, 12:36 AM   #57
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
Hahahah! Everyone will start with a higher rank than I do in these. I play very few arcade games. I do have the N+ one though. One of the few games where I came very close to throwing a controller.

Actually, I counted through the last list you posted, and I have 29. Not as bad as I thought. I have a few of the ones posted since then, so I have the potential to start at around 30.... But I don't see it going up much, arcade games and I don't get along.
I think I'm at about 34, but I think I will be trimming a few of the games I have when the list goes down to 50.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:37 AM   #58
KillerBEA
Anger Issues

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Gold   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog Face View Post
I know this list isn't final but I Am Arthur Clarke will stop everyone from getting the final award for this. And the N+ one isn't only hard but the leaderboards also don't update all the time so you have to complete the episodes multiple times. It's the only reason I don't have 200/200 in it. I don't have the patience to beat an episode for it not to update.
I am was thinking the same thing Dog Face. The list needs to be challenging and spread well across genres but I am Arthur Clarke has only been earned by 2 people, making the Diamond nigh impossible.
Old 01-19-2013, 12:52 AM   #59
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
I am was thinking the same thing Dog Face. The list needs to be challenging and spread well across genres but I am Arthur Clarke has only been earned by 2 people, making the Diamond nigh impossible.
I think we would be remiss if we did not discuss it, though. Plus, we are getting more suggestions than it originally looked like, so we may not need it after all.
Old 01-20-2013, 02:28 AM   #60
Capn Doug
Community Completionist

Ok, so we have way more than we actually need for achievements in both the quirky and hard categories, so if anyone sees something that absolutely should not be there for whatever reason, speak up.

Possible reasons to remove the achievement:

It is glitchy
It is beyond what would be considered a reasonable level of difficulty (think things like "I Am Arthur Clarke or Wave 100 From Robotron 2084)
The game is not completable
The hard achievement can be easily glitched

And if you know of an achievement that really should be added, we can still get it on the list.