PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Half Life 2: The Orange Box
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2007, 12:48 PM   #31
Fritz White
 
Fritz White's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Lake Forest, CA
Posts: 554

Fritz White's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xX|Triple K|Xx B100dh0uNd View Post
On Testroom 18, how do you get up to the crate? Its the big room where you take out 4 turrets and then get the square platform to go from side to side. When i reach the other side and try to jump for it i always miss. You can't use a portal and you can't grab the crate in the middle of the jump so i have no idea how this thing works.
I'm having trouble with this part on advanced. On normal, you activate the switch one level below the crate. The wall will pop out on the opposite side of the room (the same wall that popped out to let you into the room originally), portal yourself next to the wall, place a portal on the wall that's sticking out and angled, then there should be a small floor amidst the acid below from where you're standing (look over the edge below to find it). Place a portal down there and fall into it and you'll go flying across the room into the crate area. I'm having trouble because that floor by the acid is gone in advanced. I've tried falling into the floor near the crate and switch, but it's at an angle and I always miss my mark. Good luck.
Fritz White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2007, 11:59 PM   #32
B1indSide
 
B1indSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 519

B1indSide's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fritz White View Post
I'm having trouble with this part on advanced. On normal, you activate the switch one level below the crate. The wall will pop out on the opposite side of the room (the same wall that popped out to let you into the room originally), portal yourself next to the wall, place a portal on the wall that's sticking out and angled, then there should be a small floor amidst the acid below from where you're standing (look over the edge below to find it). Place a portal down there and fall into it and you'll go flying across the room into the crate area. I'm having trouble because that floor by the acid is gone in advanced. I've tried falling into the floor near the crate and switch, but it's at an angle and I always miss my mark. Good luck.
for advanced, before you enter the room with the turrets and cube, hit the switch to open the angled door, quickly go through and turn around and place a orange portal on the angled door, then quickly go back through the door towards the button (where the cube will go) and free fall to the level below and quickly shoot a blue portal which will shoot you out to the cube if done quickly enough. Then use the cube to protect you from the turrets. walk out to the edge fall and quickly walk backwards. You will land on the level below. Shoot a portal above the door (that is currently closed) and one on the wall beside you. hit the switch, grab your cube and jump through. You can now advance to the next portion.
B1indSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 10:10 PM   #33
Elizarone
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 1

ELIZARONE's Gamercard
combine cannon

can anyone tell me what the cannon is in the junkyard? for some reason i cant find it...
Elizarone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:18 AM   #34
pongsifu
 
pongsifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: IL, near ST Louis ಠ_ಠ
Posts: 814

pongsifu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizarone View Post
can anyone tell me what the cannon is in the junkyard? for some reason i cant find it...
cannon?

The only things to do in the junkyard is make a basket with dog's ball and find the old H.E.V. Suit recharger plate, that is up by the barrels that Alyx tells you to pull down to test your new gravgun.

EDIT:

If you are talking about the cannon in Episode 2, it is kind of hard to miss, as it is shooting at you. Once you get in the building and kill the guards there will be a button that when pressed lowers a plate on the back of the cannon, you need to toss a grenade in a way that it falls into it.
__________________
Halo 3 Service Record

Games Completed: 11



pongsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 08:04 AM   #35
todddeman
 
todddeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 25

todddeman's Gamercard
The darn gnome

Hey... when u fight off the ant lion attacks from the four tunnells can I leave the gnome beside alex after and go get the extract... will the gnome still be there when I get back up through the elevator??? or do I have to carry the worlds worst hitch hiker with me the entire game??
todddeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 09:54 AM   #36
colburn
 
colburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: el paso
Posts: 402
Send a message via MSN to colburn

SystemErrored's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
im never really played half life before and my bro got this for me as a gift well my question to you guys is imat the water hazard part and i just past the part where someone throws a box for you and has supplys well what do i do next ive seen the area with the toxic. i have no clue what to do. sorry if a stupid question
__________________


Completed Retails: 12
Completed Arcade: 0

add me
colburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 10:31 AM   #37
B1indSide
 
B1indSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 519

B1indSide's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Apparently when I played through HL2 I didn't kill all the snipers though I swear I did. Maybe one was hidden. Anyone remember which level the first one appears on and how many there are? Thanks.

Counter-Sniper - Kill all of the snipers in City 17.
B1indSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 11:34 AM   #38
B1indSide
 
B1indSide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 519

B1indSide's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 1000 People Online Supporter   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B1indSide View Post
Apparently when I played through HL2 I didn't kill all the snipers though I swear I did. Maybe one was hidden. Anyone remember which level the first one appears on and how many there are? Thanks.

Counter-Sniper - Kill all of the snipers in City 17.
Never mind, I found it and got it myself. I missed the one in the alley as I thought I could get it from the upper floors of the building, but you can't.

It's in the chapter "Follow Freeman" and it's at the very beginning. There are five snipers. Two in the street (one straight ahead and one to the right down an alley, you have to throw high to get it far enough) and then there is one on the second floor and two on the top floor.
B1indSide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2007, 07:03 PM   #39
pongsifu
 
pongsifu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: IL, near ST Louis ಠ_ಠ
Posts: 814

pongsifu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Gold
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by todddeman View Post
Hey... when u fight off the ant lion attacks from the four tunnells can I leave the gnome beside alex after and go get the extract... will the gnome still be there when I get back up through the elevator??? or do I have to carry the worlds worst hitch hiker with me the entire game??
It will still be there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colburn View Post
im never really played half life before and my bro got this for me as a gift well my question to you guys is imat the water hazard part and i just past the part where someone throws a box for you and has supplys well what do i do next ive seen the area with the toxic. i have no clue what to do. sorry if a stupid question
I'm not exactly sure what your question is. You can drive the hovercraft onto toxic water and it won't hurt you.
__________________
Halo 3 Service Record

Games Completed: 11



pongsifu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:20 AM   #40
Netnabi4
 
Netnabi4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dirty Jersey
Posts: 914

Netnabi4's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Lighthouse

I am having problems with the lighthouse.
I have parked the buggy, killed the two gunships and all combine soldiers, but the black guy still wont open the secret door. All he says is... "Let me get out of your way" I even have full ammo, is there anything i might have missed?
Netnabi4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 12:45 AM   #41
JJ UK
 
JJ UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 644

JJ x3h's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Referrals - Bronze   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)

Q:What is the right part to use the one free bullet on episode one?

A:'the right part' is when you have to go through the vents in the pitch black zombie tunnels to open the power door - you will have to pull the pistol and/or shotgun out of an enclosed cage with a small gap at the top - at this point use the pistol to shoot the lock on the other gate then walk through and put the power on so alyx can come through

Q:Can I use cheats and still unlock achievements?

A:YES, to a certain extent - all achievements apart from the Portal advanced maps and medal achievements can be unlocked with cheats active


Ok well they were put in the game by the developers so I figure they are meant to be used and abused!
(however I only believe they should be used in dire situations such as an autosave with 1hp )

Please not that all achievments (Bar the advanced portal maps and medals) can still be attained with cheat codes active - there are also NO cheatcodes for TF2 - thats just not nice

Taken from IGN and edited by me

PORTAL CODES

Create Box


Down, B, A, B, Y, Down, B, A, B, Y

Fire Energy Ball

Up, Y, Y, X, X, A, A, B, B, Up

Fire Rocket Projectile

Up, Y, Y, B, B, A, A, X, X, Up
The Portalgun ID codes basically set the Gun to different chanels - so if you shoot a blue portal on ID 0 then change to Id1 and shoot an orange portal they WILL NOT connect
Portalgun ID 0

Up, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Y, Y

Portalgun ID 1

Up, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, X, X

Portalgun ID 2

Up, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, A, A

Portalgun ID 3

Up, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, B, B

Portal Placement Anywhere

Y, A, B, A, B, Y, Y, A, Left, Right

Upgrade Portalgun

X, B, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, Left, Right, Left Bumper, Right Bumper, Left Trigger, Right Trigger

Half Life 2, Episode 1 and 2

Cheat: Free Health

The code scheme popularly known as the Konami Code works during Half-Life 2 Episodes, oddly enough, and will generate a Health Pack for your use. The code can be done over and over again: Up, Up, Down, Down, Left, Right, Left, Right, B, A.

Cheat: Full Ammo

If you're in need of ammunition for your currently-equipped weapon during any Half-Life 2 or Episode 1 or 2, insert the following code to max out your ammunition: Y, B, A, X, Right Bumper, Y, X, A, B, Right Bumper.


Note that you need to re-assign the Gravity Gun button (or clear it completely) or the code will add null ammo to the Gravity Gun.

Cheat: Invincibility

Left Bumper, Up, Right Bumper, Up, Left Bumper, Left Bumper, Up, Right Bumper, Right Bumper, Up.

Unlockable: All Stages

left, left, left, left, left bumper, right, right, right, right, right bumper. If executed correctly, you'll be able to select all stages from the main menu.
__________________
Check all for regular updates on everything gaming related!
Please check our YouTube account for your chance to win a Halo Reach Legendary Code (Flaming Helmet)
JJ UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:33 PM   #42
colburn
 
colburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: el paso
Posts: 402
Send a message via MSN to colburn

SystemErrored's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
yea i finally figure out what i had to do once got bored and messed around hehe
__________________


Completed Retails: 12
Completed Arcade: 0

add me
colburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:38 PM   #43
todddeman
 
todddeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 25

todddeman's Gamercard
Stider Help

Hey does anyone have any tips for taking out the striders on the missle silo protection level.... having some problems with the hunters annoying the crap outta me...
todddeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:09 PM   #44
colburn
 
colburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: el paso
Posts: 402
Send a message via MSN to colburn

SystemErrored's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
hey guys i need your help. im playin hl2 right now and im stuck on a part where i guess your brother? he calls himself well he threw me a shotty and then im past that part well im at the part now where he said something about a church? where the hell is the church haha. you can get up top of the building and when you jump over the rain falls down but anyway im lost on where to go or do. can someone help me
__________________


Completed Retails: 12
Completed Arcade: 0

add me
colburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 11:35 PM   #45
Netnabi4
 
Netnabi4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Dirty Jersey
Posts: 914

Netnabi4's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by colburn View Post
hey guys i need your help. im playin hl2 right now and im stuck on a part where i guess your brother? he calls himself well he threw me a shotty and then im past that part well im at the part now where he said something about a church? where the hell is the church haha. you can get up top of the building and when you jump over the rain falls down but anyway im lost on where to go or do. can someone help me
I believe he's just some random guy who uses the term brother like he's hulk hogan. anyways what you should do Is probably jump into the small circular tank and climb up the latter inside that. It will take you on a pretty much one way path straight to where you need to go. It's either that or go in the house to the left and follow that path until you get to the circular tub that you can jump into from one roof to the next.

P.s. If anyone can help im still stuck here too.
I am having problems with the lighthouse.
I have parked the buggy, killed the two gunships and all combine soldiers, but the black guy still wont open the secret door. All he says is... "Let me get out of your way" I even have full ammo, is there anything i might have missed?
Netnabi4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 04:40 AM   #46
colburn
 
colburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: el paso
Posts: 402
Send a message via MSN to colburn

SystemErrored's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Netnabi4 View Post
I believe he's just some random guy who uses the term brother like he's hulk hogan. anyways what you should do Is probably jump into the small circular tank and climb up the latter inside that. It will take you on a pretty much one way path straight to where you need to go. It's either that or go in the house to the left and follow that path until you get to the circular tub that you can jump into from one roof to the next.

P.s. If anyone can help im still stuck here too.
I am having problems with the lighthouse.
I have parked the buggy, killed the two gunships and all combine soldiers, but the black guy still wont open the secret door. All he says is... "Let me get out of your way" I even have full ammo, is there anything i might have missed?
im past that part im at the part now where it seems your going into a big circle like theres a car and some wood where you can go up it and over the fence after that part is where im stuck
__________________


Completed Retails: 12
Completed Arcade: 0

add me
colburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:42 PM   #47
jln2471
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 2

lopanman's Gamercard
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by B1indSide View Post
for advanced, before you enter the room with the turrets and cube, hit the switch to open the angled door, quickly go through and turn around and place a orange portal on the angled door, then quickly go back through the door towards the button (where the cube will go) and free fall to the level below and quickly shoot a blue portal which will shoot you out to the cube if done quickly enough. Then use the cube to protect you from the turrets. walk out to the edge fall and quickly walk backwards. You will land on the level below. Shoot a portal above the door (that is currently closed) and one on the wall beside you. hit the switch, grab your cube and jump through. You can now advance to the next portion.

Or you can just fall to the platform floating on the floor of the room where you got the crate. The blue portal that you made to jump across the room is still there. Make on the floor and fall through.
jln2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:01 AM   #48
Robsta1611
Banned User
 
Robsta1611's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 5
ive just played through the whole of nova prospekt and didnt get the WARDEN FREEMAN achievement...on the guide it says it is story related but how can that be if i never received it? im baffled...has anyone else had the same problem?
Robsta1611 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 04:01 PM   #49
x LeXXuz x
 
x LeXXuz x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 308
Is it possible to obtain achievements in TF2 via SystemLink or only via XBox Live?
__________________

x LeXXuz x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 07:25 PM   #50
Valkynaz
 
Valkynaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Burgerland
Posts: 300
^ You can get MOST of the achievements via system link but some of them REQUIRE you to play.
Valkynaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 09:40 PM   #51
x LeXXuz x
 
x LeXXuz x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkynaz View Post
^ You can get MOST of the achievements via system link but some of them REQUIRE you to play.
Thanks. I just started playing with a friend on 2 boxes. We'll I guess we can make all of them except the 7 friends achievement.

And that one we'll try next week with some fiends on XBL
__________________

x LeXXuz x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 11:06 PM   #52
x LeXXuz x
 
x LeXXuz x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Germany
Posts: 308
Hm... is there a shortcut for a quicker respawn, like in Prey?
__________________

x LeXXuz x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 11:20 PM   #53
BillyBobJoe7478
 
BillyBobJoe7478's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 49

BillyBobJoe7478's Gamercard
cheat codes blocking achievements?

if u put in cheat codes will it block achievements? because in water hazard i got into the airboat and didin't get achievement for that but i got it for the mounted gun and after that level i was able to get the achievements in the junkyard where u get the gravity gun and meet the robot dog thing.. help would be nice


ps this smiley is freaken sweet!!!
BillyBobJoe7478 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2007, 06:04 PM   #54
hellomynameisjosh
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Northwest Suburbs, Illinois
Posts: 104

C0matose's Gamercard
i was just wondering if TF2 allows for guests to play with you on live.thanks.
hellomynameisjosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2007, 11:11 PM   #55
kiwi18
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,439
Send a message via AIM to kiwi18 Send a message via MSN to kiwi18

kiwi18's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by icedtea View Post
after defeating the hunter chopper in the water hazard level you will have to open a gate to get up to a building. instead of going to the building go through the gate straight to the back and you will see two pipes the one on the left is the one the "singing thing" is in. use your air boat to get into the pipe and make sure you have plenty of health.

the flares are in episode 1
http://youtube.com/watch?v=crg7vOecJFQ&feature=related
^ singing verticough vid. very helpful. level water hazerd after you defeat helicopter.im having trouble with the flares also so sorry cant help you there.
kiwi18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 07:48 PM   #56
Blackjaw x
Banned User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 2,218
Send a message via MSN to Blackjaw x

Modern Leper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Submit - Silver   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robsta1611 View Post
ive just played through the whole of nova prospekt and didnt get the WARDEN FREEMAN achievement...on the guide it says it is story related but how can that be if i never received it? im baffled...has anyone else had the same problem?
Yeah I had the same question, but turns out you actually get it on the next level, Entanglement. There are two parts where you must set up turrets to defend until the girl catches up with you and you get the achievement after defending for the second time.

Last edited by Blackjaw x; 01-27-2008 at 09:01 PM.
Blackjaw x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:55 AM   #57
arachnophilia
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,763
Send a message via ICQ to arachnophilia Send a message via AIM to arachnophilia Send a message via MSN to arachnophilia Send a message via Yahoo to arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fstick31 View Post
Just got the game, and want to know if I have to play the game on hard to get some of the achievements?
they'll even work on easy, which can help for some of the harder ones.
arachnophilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 03:59 AM   #58
arachnophilia
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,763
Send a message via ICQ to arachnophilia Send a message via AIM to arachnophilia Send a message via MSN to arachnophilia Send a message via Yahoo to arachnophilia

xiphosura's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by todddeman View Post
Hey... when u fight off the ant lion attacks from the four tunnells can I leave the gnome beside alex after and go get the extract... will the gnome still be there when I get back up through the elevator??? or do I have to carry the worlds worst hitch hiker with me the entire game??
leave him in that area, but for godssakes not near the elevator. i suggest by one of the ammo crates. keep an extra save just in case.

you CAN take him with you, but i wouldn't recommend it. it makes the part with the antlion gaurd insanely hard.
arachnophilia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2008, 11:34 PM   #59
ODST Streck
 
ODST Streck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Billings, MT
Posts: 147

ODST Streck's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
hey had a quick question about the one free bullet achievement in Ep. 1. I accidently used the shotgun when I ran out of grenades, (threw the last grenade and kept hitting the trigger). I reloaded my last save but have I already ruined my chances for this achievement?? Thanks!

Edit: Scratch that, for anyone else who needs to know in the future if you reload the save before you shoot the achievement still unlocks...wew, close call!

Last edited by ODST Streck; 02-03-2008 at 12:57 AM.
ODST Streck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 08:38 PM   #60
Jamie Solo
 
Jamie Solo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: North Wales
Posts: 740

Jamie Solo's Gamercard
This is embarassing, but when you pick the "advanced maps" for portal do you have to set them to Advanced settings?
Jamie Solo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:47 AM.