PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Half Life 2: The Orange Box
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-06-2008, 09:53 PM   #61
Otisbum

OtisFamily's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
You just go to New Game and find the level you want to do advanced on, then push up or down until you see "Advanced" by the level, then press A to start the level.
Otisbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2008, 05:34 PM   #62
MokeChoke

MokeChoke's Gamercard
Does anyone no how to do the Conservationist achivement??
MokeChoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:51 AM   #63
beninabit

beninabit's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MokeChoke View Post
Does anyone no how to do the Conservationist achivement??
At the citidel at the end of Half-Life 2, suck an ergy ball out of one of the fields, then fire it at a combine at close range, quickly pull that ball back in and do the same 5 times.
beninabit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 11:18 AM   #64
daninthemix

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Or you can just use the alternate fire on your alien rifle. That's how I got it.

daninthemix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 09:11 PM   #65
MokeChoke

MokeChoke's Gamercard
Thanks, one other one i was having trouble with was counter sniper(killing all snipers in city 17) i got the 2 after ravenholm but i missed a couple in follow freeman so do i have to go back and get the ravenholm ones or can i just get the ones i missed?
MokeChoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 10:02 PM   #66
daewezzy

Send a message via AIM to daewezzy

DAEWEZZY's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MokeChoke View Post
Thanks, one other one i was having trouble with was counter sniper(killing all snipers in city 17) i got the 2 after ravenholm but i missed a couple in follow freeman so do i have to go back and get the ravenholm ones or can i just get the ones i missed?
I believe you have you have to get them all from start to finish and can't get the ones you just missed. And I think the ones after Ravenholm don't count, just the ones from the beginning of Follow Freeman or whatever the chapter is where the snipers are.

Looking to boost for GRAW 2 (Co-op DLC) & MoH: Airborne. Send me a FR with a message!
daewezzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2008, 11:31 PM   #67
Namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooah View Post
Yeah I had the same question, but turns out you actually get it on the next level, Entanglement. There are two parts where you must set up turrets to defend until the girl catches up with you and you get the achievement after defending for the second time.
Thank you.
Namaste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 03:28 AM   #68
Lancer Evolution

CAC GI's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Word of Mouth
Umm..I just noticed something. If you leave the game alone for a while it shows HL2, Portal, and TF2. It showed TF2 and a Demoman threw a dynamite at a turrent. And I was wondering does Demoman have that weapon?
Old 04-01-2008, 02:11 PM   #69
Killer66250

Iguaina's Gamercard
^ No, it wasnt taken out just before release, I think the sticky bomb gun replaced it.

3rd In The UK To 200/200 In Uno Rush, 13th In The World.
Killer66250 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2008, 11:51 PM   #70
Lancer Evolution

CAC GI's Gamercard

Couple more questions, does sentry kills count for Hardcore and does it also count if you're a medic and you're healing somebody and they get a kill, does that count also?
Old 04-03-2008, 12:07 AM   #71
IGC ELIMINATER17

Extr3m3 G4m3r's Gamercard
The sentry gun kills do count towards the hardcore achievement but the medic ones do not.

(20) 200s-Pacman~Ms. Pacman~Digdug~N+~Galaga~Frogger~Portal: Still Alive~Uno~Dash of Destruction~Big Bumpin~Spyglass Board Games~Banjo Kazooie~Pocketbike Racer~Cloning Clyde~Marble Blast Ultra(250)~Puzzle Arcade~Rocky and Bullwinkle~Sneak King~5th grader~Frogger 2

IGC ELIMINATER17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:11 AM   #72
Lancer Evolution

CAC GI's Gamercard

Oh okay thanks.
Old 04-20-2008, 03:23 PM   #73
DarqStalker

DarqStalker's Gamercard
How long are Ep1 and Ep2 compared to HL2? Are they about the same length as HL2? Half the time to complete as HL2? A few hours? Thanks.

Off topic: I just got to the Follow Freeman level and killed the 1st sniper then saved my game. Then I noticed my new save had the time played rest on it.. weird... My auto saves still say 16 hours but now my new ones say 1 minute haha...

Last edited by DarqStalker; 04-21-2008 at 09:47 PM.
DarqStalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2008, 04:56 PM   #74
Temok

Send a message via MSN to Temok

TemokZeroThree's Gamercard
How can I fix the 'a.i. disabled' problem on the x360?
Temok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 12:20 AM   #75
xxXI Dave IXxx

xxXI Dave IXxx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
I am extremely stuck on Half Life 2.I am on water hazard a short ways past the ramp I had to lift by putting barrels under it.There seems to be two walls or dams, i can get around the first one with the airboat running over a chain link fence,but not the second.Im probably missing a switch. Can anyone suggest where to go,i have looked for hours and hours and just dont get it.Thanks for tips in advance,i will explore all leads.
Old 04-23-2008, 07:32 AM   #76
DarqStalker

DarqStalker's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveOgden93080 View Post
I am extremely stuck on Half Life 2.I am on water hazard a short ways past the ramp I had to lift by putting barrels under it.There seems to be two walls or dams, i can get around the first one with the airboat running over a chain link fence,but not the second.Im probably missing a switch. Can anyone suggest where to go,i have looked for hours and hours and just dont get it.Thanks for tips in advance,i will explore all leads.
I think I know where you are talking about. there's a big dam, and you have to go through a building and find a way to open the dam. If it is the one I am thinking of, if you make it far enough through the building, a door will eventually lead outside, behind the dam, and you notice a broken valve. Well, while looking at the valve, turn to the right and you'll notice some red barrels. Shoot the barrels and your path will be open. Hoped this helped.
Old 04-23-2008, 04:35 PM   #77
xxXI Dave IXxx

Will try this out in the next hour,and sure hope it helps too, im so freaking stuck. I actually rented this in november, got stuck in the same spot,started a thread (search water hazard), couldnt find the help i needed so returned it. Now iv gotten it again and im determined to get throigh this game.Let you know shortly if it worked.Thanks!Also, do you know the approx whereabouts of the way into the building?
Old 04-23-2008, 05:19 PM   #78
DarqStalker

DarqStalker's Gamercard
My memory is pretty fuzzy in remembering lots of places in the game. I just know that most of the buildings in the level if you just keep going along the path, you'll eventually get to the end of the building somewhere around will be the switch you need.

I recommend using this walkthrough if you still can't find it: http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/xbox...e/934384/52337
Old 04-23-2008, 09:34 PM   #79
xxXI Dave IXxx

I figured it out.Needed to blow up canisters in shipping container to drive air boat up the ramp into the tunnel.Feel like a retard, but shit happens I suppose.......thanks all for help.
Old 04-24-2008, 02:01 PM   #80
Temok

So...um...what about the a.i. disabled problem on HL2?
Anyone?
Please?
Old 04-27-2008, 05:07 PM   #81
llammalrdsofsci

llammalrdsofsci's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
i keep reading that cheats dont disable achievements, but i cant get some cheats to work, namely, the invincibility cheat in half-life 2

i put the code in right, like 100 times, and in game and everything, i tried it in portal and it worked, but this wont

please help! thx
llammalrdsofsci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 01:33 AM   #82
Temok

I'm feeling a little ignored, you know.
And...this is quite frustrating...
How can I fix the a.i. disabled thing in Half-Life 2? Anyone? Please?
Old 05-30-2008, 10:05 PM   #83
geccles

wrenispinkle421's Gamercard
lmfao. I just noticed this "FAQs" section only has 1 question. Why the hell would this get stickied?
geccles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:05 AM   #84
Reykja

Okay, I have two questions -

First, I can't seem to get the 'Keep off the Sand' achievement. You need to get from where Lazlo and the other guy are to the top of the hill before facing the guardian outside the Vort camp, right?

My strategy at the moment is to move debrie about to stand on, which means no antlions attack me. Each time I get to another point, I save, so that if I do fall onto the sand then I can just reload a saved game.

When I get to the top of the ridge, I don't get the achievement.

Second, When I do Portal advanced / timed / ect, maps, it doesn't save how many I've done, so while I get the achievement, if I save and the restart the console, my count has returned to zero. Do I really have to do them all in one go? Or am I missing something?

Thanks.
Reykja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:46 PM   #85
Hurley361

Send a message via AIM to Hurley361

xxxxxASSGASMxxx's Gamercard
cheat codes?

don't bite my head off for using cheats. I only want to to use ammo cheats i like the game to much to cheat on it. But are u able to use cheats and still get achievement.
Hurley361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2008, 05:17 PM   #86
Ryot Control

Send a message via AIM to Ryot Control

Ryot Control's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Platinum   2,500 Posts   GSL 11 Winner   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   Submit - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
according to the FAQ thread, you can except for your portal achievements.
Old 06-22-2008, 09:45 AM   #87
EndBoss

Hey,

I have a question, I am going to buy this game, and if I once beat the game for example Half Life 2 or episode 1, 2 is there the opportunity to choose the chapters? Maybe I want to play chapter 1 or 2 again.

btw.: Sorry for my language I am german
EndBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 01:01 PM   #88
xweaslexboyx

Tesla Jr's Gamercard
yes, you can select the different chapters by creating a new game.

oh and your language is better then most tards i find on online forums.

Last edited by xweaslexboyx; 07-03-2008 at 01:45 PM. Reason: no sig
xweaslexboyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:17 PM   #89
Sion Barzahd

Ghostship II's Gamercard
So I'm at Highway 17 with a combine up on a billboard and I don't have the crossbow. Am I supposed to have the crossbow by now? I tried looking for items I could shoot at him that would impale him but that failed. Do I do it later? Any help would be much appreciated.
Out of gas, out of road, out of car I don't know how I'm gonna go and I had a drink, the other day. Opinions were like kittens I was givin' 'em away and I had a drink, the other day I had a lot to say. And I said you will come down soon too, you will come down too soon. Soon enough you will come down, come down
Sion Barzahd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 04:58 PM   #90
DTwirler

Send a message via AIM to DTwirler Send a message via MSN to DTwirler

DTwirler's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sion Barzahd View Post
So I'm at Highway 17 with a combine up on a billboard and I don't have the crossbow. Am I supposed to have the crossbow by now? I tried looking for items I could shoot at him that would impale him but that failed. Do I do it later? Any help would be much appreciated.
When you reach the bridge under Combine control in Highway 17, there's a hill on the right side of the road. Go up the hill, there's a crossbow next to a dead Resistance fighter. Pick it up and zoom in on the Combine standing in front of the billboard on the other side of the bridge. You might wanna save right before shooting in case you miss, that way you can try again if you run out or anything. Hope this helps!

DTwirler is offline   Reply With Quote