PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Grand Theft Auto IV
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
ModernSith2010

demontweak08's Gamercard
Pigeons

Is there away to see how many pigeons you have left. Another thing is, is it true if you have killed any pigeons during a mission it ruins the achievement/doesn't count towards the achievement?

Lastly this is a question for a friend, can you do the the pigeons through TBOGT or TLAD, as he only has the DLC stand alone disc?

Thanks in advance
Old 01-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #2
SHawk996

shawk996's Gamercard
All of your answers have been covered a hundred times in this forum. All you have to do is read...
100k - Aug 9th 2012
Gamerscore goal complete...working on my completion percentage now.
Looking to boost: Gears 3, Rainbow Six Vegas
SHawk996 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 11:35 PM   #3
Aneurinbiker

1# Pause, go to stats and find in there (my guess is it's under "general" or "misc". Aside from that everytime you kill a pigeon it will say how many you have left.

2# All pigeons you kill normally (and save the game after) are remembered by the game, this includes ones killed in missions.

3# You cannot get the pigeons achievement at all in BOGT or TLAD. You can collect seagulls which are exclusive to the episodes but these do not count towards any achievements.
Aneurinbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 04:50 AM   #4
Attikus

attikus's Gamercard
Also, fuck this achievement. Just started pigeon hunting. Decided to start on the top island(the smaller one, with Stevie's garage). Was at 0 pigeons when I started, I checked. So I decided to use this map and lay out a path of where to get them. http://www.gta4.net/map/
Well, it seems that pigeon 59(the one near the "1665" awning) isn't appearing at that spot for some reason. Couldn't have killed it before, as i had 0 when I started my pigeon run. So I reloaded the game, uninstalled cache, that stuff. No dice. Not even going for the rest of them, what's the point. Can't get the 100% cheevo now either. I'm pretty pissed.
Attikus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:03 AM   #5
TH3 XB0X G3N1U5

TH3 XB0X G3N1U5's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Attikus View Post
Also, fuck this achievement. Just started pigeon hunting. Decided to start on the top island(the smaller one, with Stevie's garage). Was at 0 pigeons when I started, I checked. So I decided to use this map and lay out a path of where to get them. http://www.gta4.net/map/
Well, it seems that pigeon 59(the one near the "1665" awning) isn't appearing at that spot for some reason. Couldn't have killed it before, as i had 0 when I started my pigeon run. So I reloaded the game, uninstalled cache, that stuff. No dice. Not even going for the rest of them, what's the point. Can't get the 100% cheevo now either. I'm pretty pissed.
Same thing for me. Made sure to not kill any during the main playthru, finished with 0 killed.

Using the same map (gta4.net), I started in sequential order (1, 2, 3, 4, etc). Pigeon 12, iirc, is on top of a cabaret club sign. Got there, and the pigeon is not there. It's so out of the way that I could not have killed it at some point on a failed mission.

And I do not want to start a new game just for this. Pure BS. Looks like I'll just have to skip it at this point.
TH3 XB0X G3N1U5 is offline   Reply With Quote