PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Harm's Way
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-08-2010, 01:55 PM   #1
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Talking Harm's Way Achievement Guide

Achievement Guide for Harm's Way
created by AmbaLaBamba
A quick guide to help you get through the achievements, simples.

Overview:
Estimated achievement difficulty: 1/10
Offline - 10 (180)
Online - 2 (20)
Approximate amount of time to 200- < 30 minutes
Minimum number of playthroughs needed - 1
Number of missable achievements - None
Do cheat codes disable achievements? - No cheats available
Does difficulty affect achievements? - No
Glitchy achievements - None
Unobtainable achievements? - None
Extra equipment needed? - None

Extras: You are able to unlock 2 gamerpics through playing this game.

Turret Downgrade 10
Activate a turret downgrade powerup

When in local/multiplayer start as the driver, once the race has begun drive through the 'downgrade' powerup (red) in order to initiate a downgrade to your turret. The achievement will pop after you have done this.

Turret takeover 30
Shoot and takeover an enemy turret

When playing in a local/multiplayer lobby shoot an enemy from their turret and then gain control of their turret. You can use to zoom in on the enemy turrets, fire at them until the game asks you to press the button to takeover.

You can do this online or with two controllers in a local game.

Affiliation 10
Join a multiplayer game for the first time

Simply go to the 'Multiplayer' option on the menu and join any multiplayer game, you do not have to finish the game to get the achievement.

Justin Carpenter Achievement 10
Just look at credits

Navigate to the 'Options' menu and press 'Credits', the achievement should pop as soon as the Credits screen rolls.

First Blood 20
Wreck an opponent as a shooter

Kill your first opponent as a shooter. Either aim for the windscreen for a one shot kill, or use your range of weapons to slowly demolish their vehicles.

Entertainer 10
Host a multiplayer game for the first time

Simply navigate to the 'Multiplayer' menu and start a lobby of your own, the achievement should pop as soon as the lobby has been created.

Missile-Fest 10
Get the missile launcher for the first time

When in Single Player (as a shooter) fire your weapons towards the upgrade powerups (green) located around the track. Once you have upgrade at least 2 times press to switch weapon types. Simply fire to the ground or at an enemy using the missile launcher.

Mine-Fest 10
Deploy mines for the first time

When in Single Player (as a shooter) fire your weapons towards the upgrade powerups (green) located around the track. Once you have upgrade at least 2 times press to switch weapon types. Simply fire to the ground or at an enemy using the mines.

Flat Tire 20
Hit the tires of a driver

Simply aim for the wheels of any of the vehicles as a shooter, they are easy to target and you should get it on your first race.

Get Wrecked 10
Wreck your vehicle

Playing as the driver wreck your vehicle. Drive in to enemy fire or get trapped within sequenced events (falling rocks). Once your vehicle has been wrecked for the first time the achievement will pop up.

First Win 30
Win a game in Single Player

Start a single player game, you can start as either a driver or shooter. Simply win the race or rack up enough points as the shooter to win. You can also set up a lobby with the option to race against 'nothing'.

One shot kill 30
Hit the windshield of a driver

As the shooter, line up your shot with the windscreen of a driver. It is best to try this achievement when cars are coming towards you, line up shots as they are coming around corners or during the long stretches. Patience will award you with the achievement.

Last edited by AmbaLaBamba; 02-01-2011 at 02:31 PM.
AmbaLaBamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:33 PM   #2
MonkeyPunchBaby

MonkeyPunchBaby's Gamercard
I've got all of these except for the multiplayer ones. Apparently very few have downloaded it so far. Super easy achievements.

MonkeyPunchBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 02:44 PM   #3
TrishTheDish

Becky Black Ops's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Worth noting you can do the "Win a Single Race" achievement with no bots, so all you have to do is complete the three laps at your leisure.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:06 PM   #4
iCEMAN_noob

Send a message via Skype™ to iCEMAN_noob

Dead Parasol's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
MonkeyPunchBaby and I did 2 games and we both got 11/12 achievements in less than 10 minutes. You can do a single player race with no bots and get the final achievement and 200g in about 15 minutes total. This game is a joke
iCEMAN_noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:09 PM   #5
Facial La Fleur

Facial La Fleur's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver   x360a Book Club
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
May be worth noting that you can obtain Turret Takeover and Turret Downgrade in local split screen. All achievements can be earned locally aside from the two online achievements for hosting and joining xbox live games.

Facial La Fleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:14 PM   #6
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Gamer Chick!
Cheers people, updated them so far. Hopefully with the correct details. A first easy guide, quite enjoyed it.

Old 12-08-2010, 03:19 PM   #7
todgill12

todgill12's Gamercard
Just put this game on my download list. It appears that this will be a really easy 200 pts.
All-Pro FB 2K8, Assassin's Creed, AC2, Avatar: The Burning Earth, Backyard Football 2010, BF: Bad Company 2 [1180], Cabela's Trophy Bucks, COD 2, Deadliest Catch: Alaskan Storm, Fable 2 [1350], Fable 3, Fallout 3 [1550], LEGO Indiana Jones, Madden 06, Madden 09, NCAA Football 2007, NHL 2K6, Sid Meier's Civilization Revolution, Terminator: Salvation
Xbox Live Arcade 100% [4 games]
After Burner Climax, Battlefield 1943, Harms Way, Pac-Man
todgill12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 03:38 PM   #8
BearsAirz

BearsAirz's Gamercard
nice guide. Dl'ding the game right now.

Serious Retail 1000s: COD 4:MW, The Simpsons Game, Blue Dragon, Viva Pinata, Dead Rising, Assassins Creed, AC 2, Halo ODST, Dante's Inferno, Halo: Reach, Dead Rising 2

1000+: Oblivion (1250/1250), Halo 3 (1750/1750),
Fable 2 (1350/1350), GoW2 (1700/1750), L4D (1040/1250), BFBC2 (1060/1060) Borderlands (1360/1500), ME2, DA:O, Fallout 3 (1550/1550)

Crap 1000s: Avatar, Bionicle Heroes, TMNT,
Jericho, FNR3

200s: Aegis Wing, Dash of Destruction, BF 1943, N+, DR2:C0

BearsAirz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 04:59 PM   #9
Seany Show

Seany Sh0w's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Donator - Level 3   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
EDIT: Nevermind I got the achievement now

GSL 12 starting gamerscore 377,387

Last edited by Seany Show; 12-08-2010 at 05:11 PM.
Seany Show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 06:12 PM   #10
XxINYOUREYE11xX

BlackHoleFTW's Gamercard
Thanks for the quick guide, gonna give this a go in a few.

XxINYOUREYE11xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:17 PM   #11
Captain Urahara

Captain Urahara's Gamercard
Nice, quick, and easy game with an accompanying guide of equal status! Nice work AmbaLaBamba!

Captain Urahara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 07:20 PM   #12
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
I don't know if its me but can your description for turret takeover isnt making sense to me?

How do I shoot a turret? I'm in a local now but none of the controls say I can shoot anything. And I'm gussing you have to be the driver and not shooter? Or I may be wrong but it needs to be clearer in my eyes, as you don't state what side we have to be on etc

Other thatn that good guide and piss easy game!

Edit - Ignore me I found the answer in the other guide but you still need to change it to what side you play on even if it is a little obvious lol

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 12-08-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 08:04 PM   #13
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Urahara View Post
Nice, quick, and easy game with an accompanying guide of equal status! Nice work AmbaLaBamba!
Thank you, just wanted to run through for certain people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
I don't know if its me but can your description for turret takeover isnt making sense to me?

How do I shoot a turret? I'm in a local now but none of the controls say I can shoot anything. And I'm gussing you have to be the driver and not shooter? Or I may be wrong but it needs to be clearer in my eyes, as you don't state what side we have to be on etc

Other thatn that good guide and piss easy game!

Edit - Ignore me I found the answer in the other guide but you still need to change it to what side you play on even if it is a little obvious lol
Edited it now, should make more sense.

Old 12-08-2010, 09:55 PM   #14
zaku bluez

enigmagtx's Gamercard
You don't even have to go online for the Entertainer. I just hosted a system link match I think it works joining as well but I don't know how to system link so haven't tried. Don't have gold so I had to find another way.
zaku bluez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:06 PM   #15
dswish96

dswish96's Gamercard
Thanks this helps because I only need Turret Downgrade,Turret takeover, Missile-Fest,and Mine-Fest and I didn't know exactly how to get them and I didn't know how long I would have to wait for an achievement guide to be uploaded.
dswish96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2010, 10:41 PM   #16
HATRID

HATRID REMAINS's Gamercard
nice 1 for that dudddde
HATRID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 01:52 AM   #17
mejimmeh45

mejimmeh46's Gamercard
great guide thanks! Just need to find a multiplayer match for final achivement.

killed it in the face
Life is like a box of chocolate, Covered in Armadillo shit

mejimmeh45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:55 AM   #18
theshieguy

theshieguy's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbaLaBamba View Post
Turret takeover 30

When playing in a local/multiplayer lobby shoot an enemy turret (as the shooter) and then gain control, the game will tell you when you have killed the enemy turret and will ask you to press the button to takeover.

A person MUST be sitting inside the turret for this to work, using the map will help you out.
Okay, this seems like the silliest thing to mention, but it is an oversight worth adding to the description:

You have to press LT twice to double zoom in your scope so that you can shoot the enemy turret. THEN you press the button to takeover after your opponent has been killed.

I think I spent a good 5 minutes trying to figure out how to get a good shot on a nearby turret and that missing info is why I was so stumped. I overlooked the mention in the controls menu somehow, but considering the fact the players DO need to zoom in to take over the turret, it seems like something that shouldn't be missing in an explanation of how to get the achievement. You also might want to mention the zoom ability in the descriptions for First Blood, Flat Tire and One Shot Kill. Anyway, thanks for the guide.

And if anyone has 3 controllers (or at least one extra Xbox 360 controller and a music instrument controller--sign that one in as player 3), here's an easy way to get this achievement:

Sign in your second and third-player controllers as Guests and create a Multiplayer game (Local split-screen). Assign yourself and the second player as gunners and make your third player a driver (the team the driver is assigned to does not matter). Start the race and choose to play without bot players. After the race begins, choose a location with two nearby turrets on the map. After making your selection, place your second player in the opposite turret. Press LT twice to completely zoom in to Player two and shoot him until he is killed. Press to enter his turret and the achievement will unlock.
theshieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 05:57 AM   #19
Sgt Scyther

Sgt Scyther's Gamercard
Nice guide. Now it just needs a difficulty rating. Probably 1/10? If even?

Last Completed Retail: BioShock Infinite
Last Completed Arcade: Sonic the Fighters
Nothing personal, but I do not accept random friend requests.
Sgt Scyther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:16 AM   #20
Baihu1983

Baihu1983's Gamercard

Got all but the join an online game as it just keeps saying no games found

3rd November 2012 - Joined the 100K club

IF YOU SEND ME A FRIEND REQUEST OVER LIVE PLEASE ALSO SEND A MESSAGE SAYING WHY?

Raptar
Voice

Baihu1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #21
Goddz

Ben G IX's Gamercard
Super easy achieveo's, thanks for the guide anyway! The games actually pretty fun as well x

Hail To The King!!!
Goddz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 12:21 PM   #22
AmbaLaBamba

AmbaLaBamba's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshieguy View Post
Okay, this seems like the silliest thing to mention, but it is an oversight worth adding to the description:

You have to press LT twice to double zoom in your scope so that you can shoot the enemy turret. THEN you press the button to takeover after your opponent has been killed.

I think I spent a good 5 minutes trying to figure out how to get a good shot on a nearby turret and that missing info is why I was so stumped. I overlooked the mention in the controls menu somehow, but considering the fact the players DO need to zoom in to take over the turret, it seems like something that shouldn't be missing in an explanation of how to get the achievement. You also might want to mention the zoom ability in the descriptions for First Blood, Flat Tire and One Shot Kill. Anyway, thanks for the guide.

And if anyone has 3 controllers (or at least one extra Xbox 360 controller and a music instrument controller--sign that one in as player 3), here's an easy way to get this achievement:

Sign in your second and third-player controllers as Guests and create a Multiplayer game (Local split-screen). Assign yourself and the second player as gunners and make your third player a driver (the team the driver is assigned to does not matter). Start the race and choose to play without bot players. After the race begins, choose a location with two nearby turrets on the map. After making your selection, place your second player in the opposite turret. Press LT twice to completely zoom in to Player two and shoot him until he is killed. Press to enter his turret and the achievement will unlock.
You can use the zoom, but you don't NEED to use it. I did it fine without the zoom, just shot a few rounds using the sniping option and they were dead...

EDIT: Completed the guide I reckon now, although people are free to ask me to add more (as this was originally a quick guide to help people) . Mentioned that you can do most achievements in ocal/multiplayer lobbys etc. Hope it has helped a few people.

Last edited by AmbaLaBamba; 12-09-2010 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-09-2010, 03:10 PM   #23
theshieguy

theshieguy's Gamercard
Quote:
You can use the zoom, but you don't NEED to use it. I did it fine without the zoom, just shot a few rounds using the sniping option and they were dead...

EDIT: Completed the guide I reckon now, although people are free to ask me to add more (as this was originally a quick guide to help people) . Mentioned that you can do most achievements in ocal/multiplayer lobbys etc. Hope it has helped a few people.
I'm guessing you play on a very big television? When I set up my two controllers, I could see the name of my Guest player each time. But I couldn't see him close enough to get a kill at all (I was playing on a 13" SDTV...the 42" HDTV was being used ). Once I figured out that let players zoom in, it literally took me less than a minute to get the achievement with the 3-controller method I mentioned. Saying "you NEED LT" was probably a bit much on my part, but it was definitely something that would've probably saved me a good 20 minutes overall.

Anyway, last thing--I'm a stickler for wording and this will probably save you at least one future headache from someone. Try this for the Turret Takeover description:

Quote:
Turret takeover 30

When playing in a local/multiplayer lobby, as a shooter, shoot an enemy turret and then gain control of it after killing your enemy. You can use to zoom in and kill your enemy. The game will tell you when you have killed the enemy turret and will ask you to press the button to takeover.

A person MUST be sitting inside the turret for this to work, using the map will help you out.
I have a feeling that someone will say "Wait...do I zoom in AFTER I press ?" or something like that.

Gears of War 1--Can't Touch Me + Seriously

100% Completion (16): 11 Retail--Rock Band 2, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Karaoke Revolution: American Idol, Fight Night Round 3, Halo 3:ODST, Halo Reach, Rock Band 1, Guitar Hero 5, Fuzion Frenzy 2, Alan Wake, Band Hero

5 Arcade--Dash of Destruction, Rock Band Track Pack: AC/DC Live, South Park:Let's Go Tower Defense Play, Rock Band: Metal Track Pack, Rock Band: Track Pack 2
theshieguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 03:43 PM   #24
iruhlman

iruhlman's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baihu1983 View Post
Got all but the join an online game as it just keeps saying no games found
alot are having this problem. Tons of people are online so its something to do with the game

twitter
iruhlman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 04:28 PM   #25
d0nkeytr0n

d0nkeytr0n's Gamercard
I'm having the same problem...got the first 190G in about 15 minutes....but I can't connect to a multiplayer game for the final 10G
Old 12-09-2010, 04:30 PM   #26
d0nkeytr0n

d0nkeytr0n's Gamercard
oops...soon as I posted the last comment...I connected to a game...got the full 200G now lol
Old 12-10-2010, 01:01 PM   #27
CyanideSpirit

Send a message via Yahoo to CyanideSpirit

CyanideSpirit's Gamercard

Great guide miss

First on x360a.org to complete Zeno Clash 2!
CyanideSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #28
mikemc

mcfly800's Gamercard
thanks for the helpful guide..will play this later tonight!

"People will be more persuaded by the depth of your convictions than the height of your logic."
mikemc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #29
Walecs360

walecs360's Gamercard
Yes!!! Thanks, I couldn't get that one of mines. Now I've 200/200
Walecs360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2010, 10:02 PM   #30
ADenton109

ADenton109's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Silver
Thanks for the guide just got my 200