PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Hitman: Absolution
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-07-2013, 11:57 PM   #1
Filter x360a

Filter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Bronze   x360a Representer   Donator - Level 2   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   GSL 8 Winners   Uno Rush Subscribers Tournament - Third Place   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze   Castle Crashers Subscribers Tourn. - Third Place
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Question about playthrough on hard

So I've played through to mission five so far on hard. Not a bad game by any means. But i was curious, am I the only one who get this major urge to just run and gun through the mission every now and then? Sometimes I get so bored of sitting and waiting I just want to pop up and kick off some head shots!

Now, I know that isn't the "proper" way to play this game, but are there any achievements related to doing the entire game silent assassin? Or is it just the challenges? And if I'm not mistaken, can't they be done through mission select?

Cheers!

Thanks to Gackt for the awesome sig!

Please msg me on XBL first for boosting, I don't accept random friend requests
Filter x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:15 AM   #2
Nlkuysdf

tbs nikolai's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filter x360a View Post
So I've played through to mission five so far on hard. Not a bad game by any means. But i was curious, am I the only one who get this major urge to just run and gun through the mission every now and then? Sometimes I get so bored of sitting and waiting I just want to pop up and kick off some head shots!

Now, I know that isn't the "proper" way to play this game, but are there any achievements related to doing the entire game silent assassin? Or is it just the challenges? And if I'm not mistaken, can't they be done through mission select?

Cheers!
Only need to do one level on silent assassin. I'm getting really irritated with this game as well. I like it, but the waiting is just getting on my nerves on hard. I'm also on level 5 or 6. After I beat a level I go to main menu and do mission select to do the challenges on normal. Have levels 1-5 almost all complete. So yes, you can just gun everyone down but on hard it's not so easy if there's a bunch of cops, especially cause they get backup and swat there quickly.

Gamer Score: 61,175 of 61,255 -99.87%

Achievements: 2160 of 2162-99.91%
Nlkuysdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:44 AM   #3
Cappie

Send a message via Skype™ to Cappie

DEADCOLT 360's Gamercard
I have went through all the levels so far just blasting everything, once I'm finished I'm gonna go back on easy and do the Silent Assassin ones, and yes that is possible to do (:
Old 01-08-2013, 03:50 AM   #4
Drucifer82

zI Drucifer Iz's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Sometimes I get so bored of sitting and waiting I just want to pop up and kick off some head shots!
If by hard you mean Professional, try Purist. There be (that was intentional, ye grammar Nazis) some hella wait times on that difficulty. I had to fast forward quite a bit on my vids to avoid extensive viewer wait times. There were some instances where a 15 minute vid required 3 hours of footage (between restarts, waiting, and general Tom Foolery).

Quote:
Now, I know that isn't the "proper" way to play this game,
That depends on your definition of "proper"

Quote:
but are there any achievements related to doing the entire game silent assassin?
No, you only have to complete one mission on Silent Assassin. This game isn't like its predecessors where there were targets on every mission, so you can't technically SA the entire game.

Quote:
And if I'm not mistaken, can't they be done through mission select?
Yes, I completed my entire Purist run by selecting the Prologue on Purist, and playing through. When I turned off the system, I just made a note of the last mission played on Purist and picked it up from there. It is not necessary to select 'New Game'.
As of 4/28/14 my Borderlands 2 trading post is officially closed. I am no longer boosting, trading, farming, etc on the Xbox360. I am entirely on the Xbox One now. If you want to play Xbox One with me, send a friend request with a message to GT zI Drucifer Iz (those are capital I's).

Drucifer82 is offline   Reply With Quote