PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-28-2012, 10:41 AM   #1
ModernSith2010

demontweak08's Gamercard
Question Am I The Only One

Am I the only one who finds the vehicle control system difficult, not just in this but most of the Halo games, I find I can't get it to react quick enough and turn were I want it to when I want it to.

The other difficulty I find with the Halo games is the aim system, that when playing on harder difficulties(which I have never completed a single level of Legendary) and MP is being able to aim quickly for head shots and stuff for quicker efficient kills. On MP I get whoop because other players are able to head shot extremly quickly while I'm still trying to aim for the head. I think is becuase there is no iron sight, but I think it something that you either are good at or your not.

Now please don't get me wrong I'm not trying to shit on the game, I love the story and the settings, etc, and have been playing since Halo 2( I have obly just yesterday completed Halo:CEA).. But I just find that these couple of things really make it difficult for me to be able to play the MP and harder difficulties.

Let us know your opinion and/or advice on the problems I'm having. Thanks for reading.
Old 05-28-2012, 12:30 PM   #2
N0pp3rab0

N0pp3rab0's Gamercard
Oh, don't think you're the only one having these issues. I myself cannot steer a Warthog for shit, and trying to ride a Ghost invariably ends in disaster.

I'm kinda getting the hang of the Banshee though I think.

But yeah, the last level where you gotta make it out in time? That's easily the hardest part of the game for me. It took me forever to finally do it. Certainly don't think I'll be picking up any of those achievements.

And as for the multiplayer.... Yeah, the whole thing does seem to revolve around getting shot in the head until you give up and go do something fun instead. I think I've had one or two fun competitive games, but generally speaking I can't say that it's my cup of tea. Maybe I just haven't played enough to get matched up with people who suck as much as me.

One solution to this seems to be to try and make sure you're on the red team. Seriously, in every single game I've played so far red has won. Even when it was just me and one other guy vs a full team of 4 other players. It's uncanny.

Although really I think I'm more likely to go play firefight and actually enjoy myself.
Old 07-07-2012, 05:56 PM   #3
Diabologey

Diabologey's Gamercard
It certainly takes practice. The more you drive or play MP the better you get. I have been playing Halo's for 10 years, and now I can confidently say I'm good. You I'm sure will say the same thing a couple years from now, or sooner.
Diabologey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:18 AM   #4
Alpha Till

Alpha Till's Gamercard
If you're still looking for tipps on multiplayer and headshots, my advice would be to play SWAT because it really trains your headshotskills.
For all shooters I would recommend some basic things for getting better results:
- only run in areas that you would consider safe, e.g. long corridors; don't run in hotspots or around corners
- avoid open spaces
- for headshots try to guess where the head of an enemy would be and have your crosshair pointing there before there actually is an enemy; this way you don't lose time aiming
- for horizontal aiming most of the time strafing is far more useful than using your right stick
- listen to the game (I know a lot of players who don't do that); in many games you make noise while moving and so are you enemies doing; running enemies often breath in a loud manner (especially in halo:reach or gears of war)
- try to understand the spawning system; there are always rules where enemies spawn in multiplayer; maybe people spawn always close to their teammates or as far away from all enemies as possible; some games have fixed spawn areas; in a normal halo team-deathmatch for me it looks like the second rule applies in many cases so look where your teammates are not and expect enemies to come from that direction
- learn the hotspots; for example in reach the level swordbase has a pretty obvious hotspot in team-SWAT right at the top where the green elevatorthing ends
- keep moving and don't camp; if you camp, then do it smart; most players get provoked if they got killed by a camper so expect them coming back for you; move to a slightly different position where you can confront your target earlier and where he doesn't expect you (actually some shooters allow players to hide very well; thus some campers never get caught; but this is not the case in halo)
- play with friends; it's more fun

for the driving in the halo-series: yeah, that are rather unique controls that derive not from racinggames but from shooters. i guess they wanted to make them intuitive. i would say you get used to them but as you play already since halo 2, i might be wrong. yes, it is pretty unprecise. any input for changing the direction has to be made about a half second before you actually want it to take effect. nonetheless the driving for me is the coolest part of any halo-campaign

i am by no means a progamer and you probably use the general tips i've given by instinct, but maybe one or another tip actually helps you to enjoy your game more :P
Alpha Till is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:24 AM   #5
yourbreakfast99

Breakfas's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
i hate the controls for vehicles
yourbreakfast99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 01:55 AM   #6
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I don't have any major problems with vehicles in halo, their not perfect or anything, but after a while it just comes with ease naturally.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:49 PM   #7
AscendingSnow

AscendingSnow's Gamercard
My issue is either the timing (i can get a guy's armor down, just never the actual health). OR that for some reason when an enemy is close to me, my character takes forever to look to the left (it happens in other games besides Halo).
AscendingSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 04:36 AM   #8
Au Asterix

au asterix's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha Till View Post
If you're still looking for tipps on multiplayer and headshots, my advice would be to play SWAT because it really trains your headshotskills.
DONT use swat to train for headshots. its bad because you get used to killing in one shot. The best way would be o practice on invasion because there are a lot of 'guest' players who wont put up much of a fight.
this may sound weird but if you want to be good at halo never use the AR always search for a BR before going into battle.
Au Asterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:33 PM   #9
smashingrascal

smashingrascal's Gamercard
Personally I never had that much trouble with aiming in Halo, practicing and adjusting your playstyle should help, but if it doesn't here a couple of tips.

- Changing your look sentivity has effect on your playstyle. Example I prefer sensivity 7 over 10 when playing team SWAT. Everyone has his/hers ideal sensitivity

- When going for a headshot make sure you're close to hitting the head when the enemy has no shields you don't wan't to drag the cursor all the way from the legs to the head after deshielding an enemy it's a matter of seconds but it could be the difference between a kill and death. Knowing where to shoot a crouching/running/jumping opponent is important when playing SWAT.

-When playing Halo:Reach MP, Bloom should be taken in account, spamming the DMR to get a headshot has little to no effect most of the time.

- Driving a warthog is different from driving games If your having trouble overshooting corners try turning before you normally would. Timing is important and varies per vehicle

(Personal experiences) Results may vary
smashingrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 02:35 PM   #10
kall5ter

Send a message via MSN to kall5ter

Wintringham1995's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I think it's one of those things where at first its tricky, just takes some getting used to.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:32 PM   #11
A Cerulean Sky

A Cerulean Sky's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Getting used to the vehicle handling is very hard.

14 Xbox One games complete (original 1000G)
61 Xbox 360 retail games complete (original 1000G)
28 XBLA games complete original (original 400G/200G/50G)
A Cerulean Sky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:54 AM   #12
Mapmakermaster

Mapmakermaster's Gamercard
It's like the tires are laced with butter.
Mapmakermaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 06:52 AM   #13
terminal2k

terminal2k's Gamercard
I find the vehicle handling to be fine
terminal2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:12 PM   #14
Qwaffles

Sergeant Fury's Gamercard
What I recommend is for corners while driving a warthog, turn early, and wide. Don't forget that use can use the handbrake (LT), but be smart about using it. I was capable of getting the Maw achievement no problem because of drifting. Practice makes perfect as they say.

The only thing I can say about improvement in shooting (if you don't like dying a lot) is to go into the campaign with the birthday party skull on. Work on just aiming for getting the explosions. SWAT can help, but I have found it easier to try in Living Dead (as a survivor), or in Firefight. Good luck, and I hope this helps. Be sure to send a message to Sergeant Fury on your improvement, and if any of this helped.
Old 05-12-2014, 06:27 PM   #15
Akatsuki Seven

Akatsuki Seven's Gamercard
i find it to be the same as it always has been minus a few perks. I think the controls have always been a lil complex but nothing ridiculous.
Akatsuki Seven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 08:48 PM   #16
NickyMan117

SixRidgeracer's Gamercard
I've always had issues playing the MP in Halo. I also play a lot of CoD so I'm not really trained to go for the head. But like Alpha Till said, SWAT is a very good gamemode to train with.
NickyMan117 is offline   Reply With Quote