Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-08-2013, 04:01 PM   #1
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff - Administrator   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Emerald   Community Gaming - Silver
Total Awards: 35 (more» ...)
Miscellaneous Award Stuff

So, this seems to be a daily tradition now...

I added two new awards: one to differentiate the Collectibles Guide Team from the regular Guide Team, and one to acknowledge the x360a Representer member of our staff:

I changed the picture of the Bright Idea award to one more in line with the theme we seem to have developed:

I added an award for GRID 2, about which we will talk more later.

I added an award called The Helping Hand, which is designed to recognize members of the forum who really go above and beyond to help others. I will set up a thread just for nominations with more details.

Finally, I added three awards to thank those members of the site who have referred others. This gets tracked automatically, and I have the report of who has earned this, it just will take me a bit to get them all handed out. Basically, I am saying don't request it right away, give me a chance to get things updated.

Referrals - Bronze (5 referrals)

Referrals - Silver (10 referrals)

Referrals - Gold (20 referrals)

Enough for today. Enjoy!
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:08 PM   #2
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
excellent! glad to see these all got implemented now i just need to start applying myself and earn some.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:12 PM   #3
djeggman78

Djeggman78's Gamercard
Love the idea of awards on an achievement site more things to collect, just need to start actually taking part in the forums a lot more often....nice tiles too...
djeggman78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:43 PM   #4
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
More awards... . Good work to everyone involved in these. The new revamped versions look a lot better!

Now I'm going to try and get some of these. Except the G2 one as the game isn't released yet!

Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 04:59 PM   #5
eragon3443
Banned User

SpecOperations9's Gamercard
fun, i guess ill start referring some people, already gotten one
eragon3443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:02 PM   #6
Burning Karma

Send a message via MSN to Burning Karma

Burning Karma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Cool, new awards! Is there going to be an award implemented for submitting Awardables? Or was there a discussion on this I might have missed during my year long posting hiatus?

"Lived, lives, will live."
"Died, dies, will die."
Burning Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:23 PM   #7
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saiyu View Post
Cool, new awards! Is there going to be an award implemented for submitting Awardables? Or was there a discussion on this I might have missed during my year long posting hiatus?
A fair few more awards are in discussion. Some new and some are extras to similar ones the site already offers. You'll just have to wait and see. So stay tuned! All of the current sites awards can be found HERE.

Old 01-08-2013, 06:14 PM   #8
dakisbac
tl;dr

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Damn, was hoping the referral awards would use the same numbers as achievement tiles. I have many referrals but only one listed me
Old 01-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #9
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
Damn, was hoping the referral awards would use the same numbers as achievement tiles. I have many referrals but only one listed me
Well when the nominations thread gets posted up, spam the people who didn't refer you and get them to put your name down!

Old 01-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #10
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Community Gaming - Platinum   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
You're gonna have to go into detail with the referrals. It's looking good Creech. I've said it once and I'll say it again. Great job.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 07:06 PM   #11
Yannie Boy

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Some pretty exciting things going on around here. Love it. Right when I become more active, more stuff comes down the pipeline, sucking me in for more.

Yannie Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:25 PM   #12
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Creech, you are the man
Old 01-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #13
Burning Karma

Send a message via MSN to Burning Karma

Burning Karma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
A fair few more awards are in discussion. Some new and some are extras to similar ones the site already offers. You'll just have to wait and see. So stay tuned! All of the current sites awards can be found HERE.
Well alrighty then! Thanks for the info, Nozza!

"Lived, lives, will live."
"Died, dies, will die."
Burning Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 08:57 PM   #14
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I'm particularly pleased to see the new awards for members who make the site better. Those were much-needed. I can only see them having a positive effect on the site as a whole, both for current members and those yet to discover us.

To those who have always helped with the site before these awards were created: we thank you
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:24 AM   #15
Barad
Reading 50 Shades of Grey

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   15,000 Posts
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
New awards is always good. Very intrigued in what the GRID 2 one will be about. Great work Creech!

**Work of Jardinho**
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:19 AM   #16
Mahtan Tinuviél

Mahtan Tinuviel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
It is good to see that things are moving forward and new awards will be handed out.

This certanlly will make more people interested in becoming more and more active on this site and helping out even more.

Thanks for Rajeanero for the signature!!

100% Retail: 28 - Latest : Borderlands
100% Arcade: 1 - Latest : Shoot Many Robots

Latest Milestone:
40.000 - 28/09/2013; Playing XCOM: EU.
Mahtan Tinuviél is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:37 AM   #17
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Staff - Administrator   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Submit - Emerald   Community Gaming - Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
I thought about it, but the workload would be overwhelming. I would have to manually add something like 20,000 awards...not gonna happen!
Old 01-09-2013, 11:14 PM   #18
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
I thought about it, but the workload would be overwhelming. I would have to manually add something like 20,000 awards...not gonna happen!
If you were a true mod that loved the site you would...

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:22 PM   #19
Harry94

pear of justice's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
You're gonna have to go into detail with the referrals. It's looking good Creech. I've said it once and I'll say it again. Great job.
I think it's the stat in statistics that says referrals: x. When somebody registers, if they put your name in the 'referrer' box it will add that stat up on your profile by 1

I have 182 on PS3T, I'll try and get some referrals here too

Harry94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:26 PM   #20
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
If you were a true mod that loved the site you would...

I suddenly realized that it is a lot easier to ban one person than give out 20,000 awards...hrmmmmmm.....
Old 01-09-2013, 11:30 PM   #21
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
I suddenly realized that it is a lot easier to ban one person than give out 20,000 awards...hrmmmmmm.....
wait...hold on a sec...what I meant to say was...umm good job Creech.
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:51 PM   #22
Mahtan Tinuviél

Mahtan Tinuviel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Subscriber - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
hehehehehehhehehehe

Thanks for Rajeanero for the signature!!

100% Retail: 28 - Latest : Borderlands
100% Arcade: 1 - Latest : Shoot Many Robots

Latest Milestone:
40.000 - 28/09/2013; Playing XCOM: EU.
Mahtan Tinuviél is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 05:54 AM   #23
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
This is exciting. The update is looking good, and nice to see one for referrals, looks like I will get Silver!

Mostly looking forward to hearing about the GRID 2 award to be honest, and if there is any way of regular members earning it.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:53 AM   #24
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maka View Post
Mostly looking forward to hearing about the GRID 2 award to be honest, and if there is any way of regular members earning it.
Once all has been revealed, it'll be accessible to everyone.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:27 AM   #25
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I really like the referral awards! Those look so cool!

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #26
mattbees89

Mattkills66's Gamercard
It's cool to see an award system on forums, it gives people goals.
mattbees89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:23 AM   #27
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Finally, I added three awards to thank those members of the site who have referred others. This gets tracked automatically, and I have the report of who has earned this, it just will take me a bit to get them all handed out. Basically, I am saying don't request it right away, give me a chance to get things updated.

Referrals - Bronze (5 referrals)

Referrals - Silver (10 referrals)

Referrals - Gold (20 referrals)

These are all handed out at. Going forward, anyone who earns one will need to request it in the Awards Request thread in the Feedback Forum.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:32 AM   #28
StayonTarget
It's a Carton!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Community Gaming - Platinum   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Hey Creech. Someone told me there is a way to check how many referrals you have in your account settings. Is that true and if so can you direct me?
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:33 AM   #29
dakisbac
tl;dr

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck   Submit - Diamond
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Quote:
Hey Creech. Someone told me there is a way to check how many referrals you have in your account settings. Is that true and if so can you direct me?
Go to your profile then the Statistics tab. It's at the bottom.
Old 01-14-2013, 03:33 AM   #30
Yunder

Send a message via MSN to Yunder

YUNDERSTAND's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - rekikire   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Staff Club - Yunder   Submit - Emerald
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
When you view your profile, you can check under the "Statistics" tab. All the way at the bottom under General Information. You currently have one.

Edit: -sigh-