PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Gears of War 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-01-2013, 07:17 PM   #1
ibbor

ibbor v3's Gamercard
Could I boost with 2 xbox 360's ?

What I want to do is recover my account on to my brothers xbox and while signed into xbox live, idle boost TDM, Warzone, Wingman etc. and on my xbox while offline, idle boost the same game type that I'm playing on my brothers xbox, then when I am done and feel that I have an Onyx medal turn off my brothers xbox then sign into xbox live on my xbox.

Would this work or would it just Fail ?

Thanks to anyone that can help me.
ibbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:59 PM   #2
Celtics200918

Celtics200918's Gamercard
Once you connect to live and start the game it will download your stats from when you played on your brothers xbox and overwrite your offline save, not combine them if that's what your asking.
Celtics200918 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:25 AM   #3
Tonic24k

Tonic24k's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibbor View Post
What I want to do is recover my account on to my brothers xbox and while signed into xbox live, idle boost TDM, Warzone, Wingman etc. and on my xbox while offline, idle boost the same game type that I'm playing on my brothers xbox, then when I am done and feel that I have an Onyx medal turn off my brothers xbox then sign into xbox live on my xbox.

Would this work or would it just Fail ?

Thanks to anyone that can help me.
Here's how you accomplish the desired effect:

1. Take whatever Xbox you want to boost on and start your game.
2. Disconnect it from Xbox Live.
3. Recover your Gamer Tag onto another console.

Note: This will allow you to idle boost while playing OTHER games. Don't play Gears of War 3 on your "Live" tag. That will supersede any progress you made offline once you connect again on your original Xbox (with your GoW3 game running).

4. Once you're satisfied with your idle boosting progress just simply go online with it and the progress will sync online.

You can either do this by recovering your tag back onto the original Xbox or by using a memory stick.