PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #1
Hishoa

How to unlock additional Specializations after SR-70:

For those who don't care to watch youtube videos for ridiculously easy tutorials however, here's a txt version:

Quote:
Originally Posted by toleressea
Summary:
(1) Find an xbox which has the specializations downloaded/unlocked.
(2) Sign into said xbox with your gamertag (via recovery/flash drive).
(3) Start a new specialization. Play a game to ensure it took.
(4) Now complete specialization (1-10) on your own xbox.
(5) Repeat steps 1-4 until SR130.
It's assumed that you have someone else whom you can trust and has unlocked the specializations on their console. It's possible they can do this entirely on their end as well, should you provide them your information.

edit: Why This Works (licenses)

Each downloadable content comes with two licenses; a profile license and a console license. If you install DLC on a console, it is locked to that console. Attached to your gamertag (profile) is a license for the DLC. So if you were to take your gamertag to a new console and re-download the DLC, it will only be accessible to you and no one else on the console (assuming they haven't purchased the DLC prior). The same is vice versa with the console license; any gamertag on a console that has the DLC purchased can access the DLC, but not if they were played on a different console.

edit #2: hopefully those in Europe have a friend who's been given a code.

Last edited by Hishoa; 01-09-2013 at 11:50 PM.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:02 AM   #2
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)

But seriously, this is a good tip for those who are having trouble so good job, dude. That music in the video though...ugh!

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:21 AM   #3
StarsRPD

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
Nice trick. I got spec. code day 1 so I have no use for this but nice for others that need. At first I was thinking Ban but it makes sense, as long as you don't mess around with trading licenses.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:34 AM   #4
LouTenit Dan

LouTenit Dan's Gamercard
would you be able to technically get fotus armor..dead eye etc... this way too? if so thatd be kinda cool to take my profile to a friends and get that extra stuff free
LouTenit Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:38 AM   #5
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouTenit Dan View Post
would you be able to technically get fotus armor..dead eye etc... this way too? if so thatd be kinda cool to take my profile to a friends and get that extra stuff free
Doesn't work for stuff like that, I'm afraid.

Old 01-10-2013, 02:26 AM   #6
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by LouTenit Dan View Post
You'll have access to it all, but only while using their console.

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:59 AM   #7
quocviet0908

ArbiterVN's Gamercard
Didn't the last patch unlock all the Halo profile license and change it to console license? If that is true then you just ask your friend (who has redeemed the specialization code) to transfer license to your console and use it for free and don't need to repeat.
quocviet0908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 06:46 AM   #8
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by quocviet0908 View Post
Didn't the last patch unlock all the Halo profile license and change it to console license? If that is true then you just ask your friend (who has redeemed the specialization code) to transfer license to your console and use it for free and don't need to repeat.
You can only license transfer once every 3-4 months -- when you do this, I believe it transfers all console licenses tied to that console; I don't think the hypothetical friend would want to be without all of their console licenses for several months. That was how I came to understand it when I transferred licenses from my old 360 to my new 360 Slim.

edit: BiggD.. you totally butchered that meme, HOW DARE YOU
Old 01-10-2013, 09:23 AM   #9
quocviet0908

ArbiterVN's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
You can only license transfer once every 3-4 months -- when you do this, I believe it transfers all console licenses tied to that console; I don't think the hypothetical friend would want to be without all of their console licenses for several months. That was how I came to understand it when I transferred licenses from my old 360 to my new 360 Slim.

I don't think the console license is only tied to one console. My party often share their license on DLCs and GOD to each other and play together without having any problem, but yeah we still need to wait 3-4 months to transfer something new - and at lest my friends are not hypothetical lol.
quocviet0908 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #10
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
I told you I fail at everything I do on these forums, haven't I?

Old 01-10-2013, 02:47 PM   #11
Tsaako

tsaako's Gamercard

Great tip, now if only I can find someone I know personally who has these specializations unlocked.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:48 AM   #12
mrgstiffler

Send a message via AIM to mrgstiffler

mrgstiffler's Gamercard
Is there any news on when these will unlock legitimately?
Old 01-12-2013, 02:38 PM   #13
Doktor Wilhelm

Location: North East, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Sol System.

Doktor Wilhelm's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgstiffler View Post
Is there any news on when these will unlock legitimately?
Yes, there is (see this thread for more info):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo Waypoint
Week of 1/21
Specializations: Pioneer and Pathfinder Specializations unlocked for all players.

Week of 1/28
Specializations: Engineer and Stalker Specializations unlocked for all players.

Week of 2/4
Specializations: Rogue and Tracker Specializations unlocked for all players.

"Video games don't affect kids. If Pac-Man had affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in dark rooms, munching pills and listening to repetitive electronic music." - Marcus Brigstocke
Doktor Wilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:55 PM   #14
lifeexpectancy

LifeExpectancy's Gamercard

Ive had the ability to go all the way to SR-130 since launch and I'm still at 80 something... I just can't see the point in going through this much effort for it, but then again I don't enjoy the matchmaking nearly as much as even Reach, post armor lock nerf anyway... INEVER thought I would say I enjoy Reach more than another Halo title, but its matchmaking is currently superior to Halo 4. I enjoy customs but nobody ever wants to play customs
HALO:MCC >>>>>>> Interested in Online Customs, Squadmates for Ranked, and Co-Op Campaign. I am on 6am-4pm GMT on my nights off (Midnight-10am US Central). Copy this signature with your play times so we can populate our friends lists with fellow Halo:MCC players BEFORE launch!! If you add me do it on XB1 please; my 360 friends list is nearly full.
lifeexpectancy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 02:58 PM   #15
tfoust

XxNinjaOfWarxX's Gamercard
cool i might have to do this.
tfoust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 01:09 AM   #16
Hannibal king 88

Hanibal King 88's Gamercard
wow wtf is this about, my cousin was so happy as shit to get to 70 to get a new spec, 343 really knos how to be assholes
Hannibal king 88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:23 AM   #17
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal king 88 View Post
wow wtf is this about, my cousin was so happy as shit to get to 70 to get a new spec, 343 really knos how to be assholes
And it's still early in the trilogy! Let's see whether or not they learn from Halo 4.