PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Ambassadors
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Which options do you support for future representers? (Check all options you like)
I support a single tier system for representers 9 21.43%
I support a two tier system for representers 24 57.14%
I support a three+ tier system for representers 12 28.57%
I support a 6 month/500 post requirement 22 52.38%
I support a 12 month/1000 post requirement 19 45.24%
I support having a gamerscore requirement for a particular tier 20 47.62%
I support recognizing those that have x360a.org in their LIVE motto only 15 35.71%
I support recognizing those that have x360a.org anywhere in their LIVE profile 22 52.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #1
Jappe XBA
 
Jappe XBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,351
Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
New members who don't want/can't afford to change gamertag

There are many members who would like to be x360a Representers but either do not want to put "x360a" in their gamertags or can't afford to.

We need to figure out a way for them to become representers. I'd like to hear from all of the current representers now what you think would be a good qualification for Representers other than changing gamertag.

This thread is open to all members!
__________________

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro

Last edited by Jappe XBA; 01-09-2013 at 08:01 PM.
Jappe XBA is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 05:32 PM   #2
Toams07
 
Toams07's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 3,439

Toamss's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
As a member who recently changed his gamertag and, unfortunately, so far not very happy with the result (I must admit I was seriously considering changing it back today) I would be really interested in these ideas.
These are some of my own;

- Create a site-exclusive gamer picture that will be given to representers so they can set it as their picture

- Allow for a forum name change, adding ''x360a'' to the forum name
__________________
FIFA 12 Achievement Guide & Road Map
FIFA 14 Achievement Guide & Road Map




Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Toams07 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 05:54 PM   #3
Jappe XBA
 
Jappe XBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,351
Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelstick View Post
As a member who recently changed his gamertag and, unfortunately, so far not very happy with the result (I must admit I was seriously considering changing it back today) I would be really interested in these ideas.
These are some of my own;

- Create a site-exclusive gamer picture that will be given to representers so they can set it as their picture

- Allow for a forum name change, adding ''x360a'' to the forum name
Sad to hear you don't like it what's up with that?

I didn't know you can put custom gamer pictures for your gamertag how does that work? Good idea though if it works!

For the forum name change: currently only subscribers have the privilege to change their forum names. Also the main point in the Representer program is to spread the word outside of x360a and bring new people here.
You can always put "x360a" in your forum name if you are posting on other sites of course
__________________

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Jappe XBA is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #4
kaleido42
CET
 
kaleido42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,886
Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
I didn't know you can put custom gamer pictures for your gamertag how does that work? Good idea though if it works!
Hopefully this won't be deleted as it's a helpful post and I'm not making suggestions...

Anyways. I think he was suggesting that the site release something on the marketplace... It is possible to add your own gamer pictures though! If you have a vision camera (or maybe kinect?) you can take a picture with it and make it your gamerpic. It'll only be shown to friends though.
__________________

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
kaleido42 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #5
Jappe XBA
 
Jappe XBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,351
Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
Hopefully this won't be deleted as it's a helpful post and I'm not making suggestions...

Anyways. I think he was suggesting that the site release something on the marketplace... It is possible to add your own gamer pictures though! If you have a vision camera (or maybe kinect?) you can take a picture with it and make it your gamerpic. It'll only be shown to friends though.
I was aware of the vision camera trick with gamer picture but it's only for your personal use like you said.

I didn't quite follow on the marketplace-thing though care to enlighten me?
__________________

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Jappe XBA is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 07:53 PM   #6
kaleido42
CET
 
kaleido42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,886
Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
I was aware of the vision camera trick with gamer picture but it's only for your personal use like you said.

I didn't quite follow on the marketplace-thing though care to enlighten me?
I was under the impression he meant to have the site release a gamerpic on the xbox marketplace. Anyone wanting to rep could just download and use the pic. He'll probably have to elaborate on what he meant though.
__________________

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
kaleido42 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 08:01 PM   #7
Jappe XBA
 
Jappe XBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,351
Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
I was under the impression he meant to have the site release a gamerpic on the xbox marketplace. Anyone wanting to rep could just download and use the pic. He'll probably have to elaborate on what he meant though.
That would sound like a good idea but I have no clue how a 3rd party could release gamerpic there. I don't think Microsoft would agree to do it for free

edit: I actually chose to make this thread open to everyone! Feel free to throw in your thoughts like kaleido
__________________

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro

Last edited by Jappe XBA; 01-09-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Jappe XBA is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #8
kaleido42
CET
 
kaleido42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,886
Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
That would sound like a good idea but I have no clue how a 3rd party could release gamerpic there. I don't think Microsoft would agree to do it for free

edit: I actually chose to make this thread open to everyone! Feel free to throw in your thoughts like kaleido
Plenty have done it. Even my Canadian ISP released free pics to those in Canada (I've been using one for a couple years). No idea of the process though or if it's still possible.

Since this is open to outside suggestion now... How about for people that go the extra mile to show the x360a love in real life? Examples could be personalized license plates, tattoos, etc. I know those are extreme but the staff/you could obviously decide what is sufficient and what isn't. Maybe even people that do their own personalized x360a shirts or phone skins?
__________________

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
kaleido42 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 08:26 PM   #9
Jappe XBA
 
Jappe XBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,351
Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
Plenty have done it. Even my Canadian ISP released free pics to those in Canada (I've been using one for a couple years). No idea of the process though or if it's still possible.

Since this is open to outside suggestion now... How about for people that go the extra mile to show the x360a love in real life? Examples could be personalized license plates, tattoos, etc. I know those are extreme but the staff/you could obviously decide what is sufficient and what isn't. Maybe even people that do their own personalized x360a shirts or phone skins?
I know there's a lot of that kinda gamerpics but I haven't ever heard about how one would apply for such process since it seems to be hard enough already to contact Microsoft But let's not forget about this idea yet. I'll look into it.

I haven't heard about a x360a tattoo That's a tough question to answer. Of course we appreciate everything that the community does to Represent the site and spread good reputation about x360a but that would be quite hard to decide what would be sufficient and what not.

By the way I work at a place where we make custom printed t-shirts and other clothes for customers. I could make x360a t-shirt for free for myself
__________________

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Jappe XBA is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #10
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead
 
Capn Doug's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,997

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3   Community Gaming - Gold   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 48 (more» ...)
One thing that could work is "in game" repping. Frequent Forza players who deck out their cars with x360a decals, frequent Halo players with x360a as their call sign or custom armour (if that's possible), that sort of thing. It would probably be wise to limit this to frequent players, though. Like, 5th prestige in COD level of frequent.
__________________
Arcade Crazy (51) | Over Achiever (44) | Staff Clubs (10) | Challenge Clubs (12 level 1, 6 level 2, 2 level 3)
Capn Doug is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 08:34 PM   #11
kaleido42
CET
 
kaleido42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,886
Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
I haven't heard about a x360a tattoo

Neither have I. I was just tossing out examples. Thought it'd be better to give the most extreme examples I could think of... I just kind of meant anything to get the word out in public places in a semi-permanent way. Even somehow using a bumper sticker could be an example.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
frequent Halo players with x360a as their call sign.
I've tried that. Limit of 4 characters
__________________

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!

Last edited by kaleido42; 01-09-2013 at 08:36 PM.
kaleido42 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #12
Jappe XBA
 
Jappe XBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,351
Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Getting some good ideas already! Those would of course need to be noticed by a staff member of the site in-game to be qualified for. Also it'd be quite hard to keep track of the people who keep doing that. They could keep x360a in the clan tag for 2 weeks and get accepted and then remove it :/

Forza Car designs would be very impressive since I reckon that it takes a lot of time to design one (those good looking ones, not the ones I make). Also easier to track than clan tags/callsigns since one does not simply remove their design from storefront

Good, good. Keep them ideas coming
__________________

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Jappe XBA is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 08:39 PM   #13
Jappe XBA
 
Jappe XBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,351
Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
Neither have I. I was just tossing out examples. Thought it'd be better to give the most extreme examples I could think of... I just kind of meant anything to get the word out in public places in a semi-permanent way. Even somehow using a bumper sticker could be an example.
If I receive a picture of someones car with a bumper sticker saying X360A.org he or she is very welcome to Representers! But if I hear later that they've been in a crash... Not good not good!
__________________

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Jappe XBA is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 09:03 PM   #14
kaleido42
CET
 
kaleido42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,886
Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
I know just putting it in your motto/bio is an issue because people can take it out later. What about letting people do it through their motto on a trial basis for each individual? If someone wants to rep the site by putting x360a.org in their motto they can post in a certain thread. They'll be monitored periodically (at random time intervals) for a given period of time (2 or 3 months?) before they become an official rep. Afterwards they could be occasionally monitored to ensure they haven't removed it, just give all the tags a quick check, perhaps monthly... If the workload is a bit too high I'm sure you could get a volunteer or two to go through the lists periodically for you. Assuming there isn't thousands of tags I'd be fine with checking the list bi-weekly or so and letting you know of any issues. Thoughts?
__________________

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
kaleido42 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 09:15 PM   #15
Jappe XBA
 
Jappe XBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,351
Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
I know just putting it in your motto/bio is an issue because people can take it out later. What about letting people do it through their motto on a trial basis for each individual? If someone wants to rep the site by putting x360a.org in their motto they can post in a certain thread. They'll be monitored periodically (at random time intervals) for a given period of time (2 or 3 months?) before they become an official rep. Afterwards they could be occasionally monitored to ensure they haven't removed it, just give all the tags a quick check, perhaps monthly... If the workload is a bit too high I'm sure you could get a volunteer or two to go through the lists periodically for you. Assuming there isn't thousands of tags I'd be fine with checking the list bi-weekly or so and letting you know of any issues. Thoughts?
First thing that popped my mind after the first few lines was indeed the workload. This is also one idea that we could develop further in the future
__________________

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Jappe XBA is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 09:23 PM   #16
kaleido42
CET
 
kaleido42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,886
Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
First thing that popped my mind after the first few lines was indeed the workload. This is also one idea that we could develop further in the future
Alright. Well if anything ever happens with it and you want some help checking tags just let me know
__________________

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
kaleido42 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #17
Genesis x360a
 
Genesis x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pandora
Posts: 5,030

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Personally I think keeping it tied to the Gamertag is best way. It shows you love and are dedicated to the site enough to spend 800MSP. What other sure fire way is there for somebody to become and stick with being a rep... Change Motto..? In game stuff? Members can just change all that stuff once they have the reward. Cant afford it? Save up. Do want to change it...? You're not passionate about reping the site.
__________________



Genesis x360a is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #18
Veedrock
 
Veedrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Alaska, USA
Posts: 3,543

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
By the way I work at a place where we make custom printed t-shirts and other clothes for customers. I could make x360a t-shirt for free for myself
Could you make one for me? I'd sport it

Actually could the site offer merchandise? Not necessarily as a condition to being a representer, I just think it'd be cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis x360a View Post
Cant afford it? Save up. Do want to change it...? You're not passionate about reping the site.
Pretentious much? I love this site, I'm here daily and I consider myself one of the more active members. I'd gladly recommend it to everyone looking for an Xbox community. But I won't change my name for it. I've been known as Veedrock for over 10 years now. It's a part of who I am and always will be. This is my identity and yes, that identity is bigger than this site. Completely personal reason yes, but how dare you sit there and try to judge me for it.
__________________
#postcount

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 01-09-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Veedrock is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:50 PM   #19
kaleido42
CET
 
kaleido42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 2,886
Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
Actually could the site offer merchandise? Not necessarily as a condition to being a representer, I just think it'd be cool
It's been brought up over the years. Same answer every time is that they're working on it. Last I heard (couple years ago) is that they needed to find a manufacturer that was good quality and dirt cheap....

I'll just link this here:
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...d.php?t=225683

With some digging you should be able to find some more info.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis x360a View Post
Personally I think keeping it tied to the Gamertag is best way. It shows you love and are dedicated to the site enough to spend 800MSP. What other sure fire way is there for somebody to become and stick with being a rep... Change Motto..? In game stuff? Members can just change all that stuff once they have the reward. Cant afford it? Save up. Do want to change it...? You're not passionate about reping the site.
I use the same alias for all of my services. I don't want to change it up for one or two accounts, or keep track of where I've changed it and where I haven't (not every place will let you, ex: psn). If there's another official form of repping the site I'll gladly jump on board.
__________________

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!

Last edited by kaleido42; 01-09-2013 at 10:57 PM.
kaleido42 is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:19 PM   #20
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo
 
Tatanko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: State College, PA
Posts: 4,642

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I don't have much to suggest at the moment, but as a former representer I am incredibly pleased that we are looking into other methods of representing the site besides just a gamertag change.

A few years ago I had x360a in my gamertag as an official representer but gave it up and changed it back after about a year because it just didn't work for me anymore. I wanted my old, simplified name back, the one I had used all along (someone stole it for a few months while I wasn't using it!). It's not that I didn't want to represent the site (x360a.org is still my motto like it has been for probably the last 4+ years), it's just that I didn't want my identity to be linked purely to x360a in that way, even if it is the ONLY Xbox site I use or care about. I guess what I mean is, when people looked at my name, the first thing they saw was x360a and not my actual name. Instead of "Hey what's up?" it was "What's the deal with your gamertag, bro?"

Last edited by Tatanko; 01-09-2013 at 11:23 PM.
Tatanko is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:25 PM   #21
dakisbac
 
dakisbac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 7,538
Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
If someone were to go out of their way and get a T-shirt, bumper sticker, custom license plate, tattoo (don't do this), or what have you... I would say say that's representing IRL so it counts, but otherwise you should leave it to gamertag.
dakisbac is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #22
Grifter Reborn
 
Grifter Reborn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Not here
Posts: 3,541
Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
If someone were to go out of their way and get a T-shirt, bumper sticker, custom license plate, tattoo (don't do this), or what have you... I would say say that's representing IRL so it counts, but otherwise you should leave it to gamertag.
100% agree. Although, other than someone uploading a pic to show themselves in a shirt, how can you guarantee they actually wear it when they leave home?
__________________


Change is inevitable.

Grifter Reborn is offline  
Old 01-09-2013, 11:35 PM   #23
Spanish Assault
 
Spanish Assault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 13,245
Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
There are many members who would like to be x360a Representers but either do not want to put "x360a" in their gamertags or can't afford to.

We need to figure out a way for them to become representers. I'd like to hear from all of the current representers now what you think would be a good qualification for Representers other than changing gamertag.

This thread is open to all members!
I'd love to rep the site but would rather not change my GT. I would be willing to make a donation to the site though if it helped.

I love the idea of a gamer pic, but that seems like it would be too expensive for the site...I read somewhere that it cost about $40,000 to do a patch for a game...so only God knows what it would cost to get a Gamer Pic. So maybe instead of us paying M$ $10 we pay the site to represent.

I would be willing to have what ever the site wanted on my motto and/or bio in my live profile too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis x360a View Post
Personally I think keeping it tied to the Gamertag is best way. It shows you love and are dedicated to the site enough to spend 800MSP. What other sure fire way is there for somebody to become and stick with being a rep... Change Motto..? In game stuff? Members can just change all that stuff once they have the reward. Cant afford it? Save up. Do want to change it...? You're not passionate about reping the site.
I dont think the fact that I would rather not change my GT means I dont love the site as much as you. In fact how do people even know what that means? When I see a bunch of people with similar parts to their GT I dont think "wow that must be an amazing webiste", I think.."nice another wannbe clan".

Also not trying to be a smart ass, but I noticed you have 1 referral to the site, I have 2 and have never had xbox360a in my GT. I have it in my live bio.

Also do we all have referal links tied to our account? How did I get credited with 2 referrals?

EDIT: Just realized you dont have x360a in your GT...sorry about that.
__________________
Thanks to Raj for the signature and BEA for the avatar!


Michigan Members Unite!

Last edited by Spanish Assault; 01-10-2013 at 12:22 AM.
Spanish Assault is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 08:37 AM   #24
Genesis x360a
 
Genesis x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pandora
Posts: 5,030

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
Could you make one for me? I'd sport it

Actually could the site offer merchandise? Not necessarily as a condition to being a representer, I just think it'd be cool



Pretentious much? I love this site, I'm here daily and I consider myself one of the more active members. I'd gladly recommend it to everyone looking for an Xbox community. But I won't change my name for it. I've been known as Veedrock for over 10 years now. It's a part of who I am and always will be. This is my identity and yes, that identity is bigger than this site. Completely personal reason yes, but how dare you sit there and try to judge me for it.
Calm thyself, don't get your panties in a twist. I never said anything about members love/like for site (Well I did but I worded it wrong and that's my bad). Everything I said was aimed towards being a rep. If you really wanted to rep the site and felt passionate about the representers program (Not the site in general) you would. I've been a rep in the past but changed my GT when I became a less active member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
I'd love to rep the site but would rather not change my GT. I would be willing to make a donation to the site though if it helped.

I love the idea of a gamer pic, but that seems like it would be too expensive for the site...I read somewhere that it cost about $40,000 to do a patch for a game...so only God knows what it would cost to get a Gamer Pic. So maybe instead of us paying M$ $10 we pay the site to represent.

I would be willing to have what ever the site wanted on my motto and/or bio in my live profile too.



I dont think the fact that I would rather not change my GT means I dont love the site as much as you. In fact how do people even know what that means? When I see a bunch of people with similar parts to their GT I dont think "wow that must be an amazing webiste", I think.."nice another wannbe clan".

Also not trying to be a smart ass, but I noticed you have 1 referral to the site, I have 2 and have never had xbox360a in my GT. I have it in my live bio.

Also do we all have referal links tied to our account? How did I get credited with 2 referrals?

EDIT: Just realized you dont have x360a in your GT...sorry about that.
I've been a rep in the past (For a few years) but changed my GT when I became a less active member and up until recently I've had x360a in my Bio along with other sites for some years.

I should of worded it better but my post was not aimed at the site it was aimed more at the representers program in general. Maybe I'm just close minded towards this subject but I think sticking with the GT is the best way imo.

Maybe if there was more of a incentive to become a Rep then more would do it.
__________________



Genesis x360a is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #25
Jappe XBA
 
Jappe XBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,351
Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis x360a View Post
Personally I think keeping it tied to the Gamertag is best way. It shows you love and are dedicated to the site enough to spend 800MSP. What other sure fire way is there for somebody to become and stick with being a rep... Change Motto..? In game stuff? Members can just change all that stuff once they have the reward. Cant afford it? Save up. Do want to change it...? You're not passionate about reping the site.
Changing GT surely is a good way to be representer. But we are still looking other ways for people to support the site than using money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
Could you make one for me? I'd sport it
Sorry, only free for me

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
I use the same alias for all of my services. I don't want to change it up for one or two accounts, or keep track of where I've changed it and where I haven't (not every place will let you, ex: psn). If there's another official form of repping the site I'll gladly jump on board.
Stay tuned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanko View Post
I don't have much to suggest at the moment, but as a former representer I am incredibly pleased that we are looking into other methods of representing the site besides just a gamertag change.

A few years ago I had x360a in my gamertag as an official representer but gave it up and changed it back after about a year because it just didn't work for me anymore. I wanted my old, simplified name back, the one I had used all along (someone stole it for a few months while I wasn't using it!). It's not that I didn't want to represent the site (x360a.org is still my motto like it has been for probably the last 4+ years), it's just that I didn't want my identity to be linked purely to x360a in that way, even if it is the ONLY Xbox site I use or care about. I guess what I mean is, when people looked at my name, the first thing they saw was x360a and not my actual name. Instead of "Hey what's up?" it was "What's the deal with your gamertag, bro?"
I know the feeling. My first gamertag was "jappe66" and it was and still is my username on many many other websites. This site has given me so much though that I want to give back to it in different forms of support. One of them is being a subscriber and another is having "x360a" in my gamertag and also in my motto. Without this site I'd probably be sitting around with 25,000 gamerscore but even though the site's motto is "Every point counts" not everyone loves gamerscore the way I do so I understand what you're saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
If someone were to go out of their way and get a T-shirt, bumper sticker, custom license plate, tattoo (don't do this), or what have you... I would say say that's representing IRL so it counts, but otherwise you should leave it to gamertag.
That indeed would be a good way to show support. We all do remember there IS life outside our houses and Internet, am I right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
100% agree. Although, other than someone uploading a pic to show themselves in a shirt, how can you guarantee they actually wear it when they leave home?
We can't decide what people wear and where they wear that. Custom made t-shirt would still show the will to support the site and could be considered as repping the site

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
I'd love to rep the site but would rather not change my GT. I would be willing to make a donation to the site though if it helped.



Every donation helps whether it is $5 or $50. It also grants you a nice little forum award!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
I love the idea of a gamer pic, but that seems like it would be too expensive for the site...I read somewhere that it cost about $40,000 to do a patch for a game...so only God knows what it would cost to get a Gamer Pic. So maybe instead of us paying M$ $10 we pay the site to represent.

I would be willing to have what ever the site wanted on my motto and/or bio in my live profile too.

I dont think the fact that I would rather not change my GT means I dont love the site as much as you. In fact how do people even know what that means? When I see a bunch of people with similar parts to their GT I dont think "wow that must be an amazing webiste", I think.."nice another wannbe clan".

Also not trying to be a smart ass, but I noticed you have 1 referral to the site, I have 2 and have never had xbox360a in my GT. I have it in my live bio.

Also do we all have referal links tied to our account? How did I get credited with 2 referrals?

EDIT: Just realized you dont have x360a in your GT...sorry about that.
When new members register to the forums there is a box where they can input the forum username of someone who redirected them to the site. There's also new forum awards for getting referrals on your account! You should check them here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/awards.php

You have better chance to get them if you have same forum username and gamertag.
__________________

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Jappe XBA is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #26
Genesis x360a
 
Genesis x360a's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Pandora
Posts: 5,030

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
Changing GT surely is a good way to be representer. But we are still looking other ways for people to support the site than using money.
Definitely and that would be great but I'm finding it hard to think of ways that members wouldn't abuse to get something Ie: An award Etc.

I've said it the past in other threads that I think the Rep Program (If you will) needs more support and incentive. Maybe a Reps tournament or Rep of the month with prizes and not just random prizes but something like a T-Shirt with the sites URL or a mug, fridge magnet, stickers Etc. This is still a cool prize but also gets the site more exposure. Something like getting a T-Shirt produced once every couple of months isn't very costly or time consuming at all. To enter you have to be a Rep for a certain amount of time, so many posts Etc. to cut down on the entrants and reward the long time standing reps.
__________________



Genesis x360a is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 11:34 AM   #27
Jappe XBA
 
Jappe XBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,351
Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis x360a View Post
Definitely and that would be great but I'm finding it hard to think of ways that members wouldn't abuse to get something Ie: An award Etc.

I've said it the past in other threads that I think the Rep Program (If you will) needs more support and incentive. Maybe a Reps tournament or Rep of the month with prizes and not just random prizes but something like a T-Shirt with the sites URL or a mug, fridge magnet, stickers Etc. This is still a cool prize but also gets the site more exposure. Something like getting a T-Shirt produced once every couple of months isn't very costly or time consuming at all. To enter you have to be a Rep for a certain amount of time, so many posts Etc. to cut down on the entrants and reward the long time standing reps.
Rep-tournaments are going to happen been planning those already.
Site-themed rewards are a good idea! Need to pass this forward to the bigger bosses (Creech) about it
__________________

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Jappe XBA is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 12:34 PM   #28
Spanish Assault
 
Spanish Assault's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 13,245
Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
Every donation helps whether it is $5 or $50. It also grants you a nice little forum award!



When new members register to the forums there is a box where they can input the forum username of someone who redirected them to the site. There's also new forum awards for getting referrals on your account! You should check them here: http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/awards.php

You have better chance to get them if you have same forum username and gamertag.
will do..... unfortunately I can'y afford to subscribe to get my member name changed...sorry. But I appreciate the fact that you guys are looking into other ways.
__________________
Thanks to Raj for the signature and BEA for the avatar!


Michigan Members Unite!
Spanish Assault is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #29
Creech
Administrator
 
Creech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 9,844
Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
That would sound like a good idea but I have no clue how a 3rd party could release gamerpic there. I don't think Microsoft would agree to do it for free
We were rebuffed the last time we asked, but it has been years. It was when avatars were first coming out and MS was thinking they were going to do away with gamerpics entirely. At this point, since that clearly hasn't happened, it might be worth asking again. I will throw it on my to do list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
I know there's a lot of that kinda gamerpics but I haven't ever heard about how one would apply for such process since it seems to be hard enough already to contact Microsoft But let's not forget about this idea yet. I'll look into it.

I haven't heard about a x360a tattoo That's a tough question to answer. Of course we appreciate everything that the community does to Represent the site and spread good reputation about x360a but that would be quite hard to decide what would be sufficient and what not.

By the way I work at a place where we make custom printed t-shirts and other clothes for customers. I could make x360a t-shirt for free for myself
We need to talk . Seriously, if someone does something extreme like a tattoo, I will absolutely get them the spreading the word award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
Getting some good ideas already! Those would of course need to be noticed by a staff member of the site in-game to be qualified for. Also it'd be quite hard to keep track of the people who keep doing that. They could keep x360a in the clan tag for 2 weeks and get accepted and then remove it :/

Forza Car designs would be very impressive since I reckon that it takes a lot of time to design one (those good looking ones, not the ones I make). Also easier to track than clan tags/callsigns since one does not simply remove their design from storefront

Good, good. Keep them ideas coming
The in-game things are a little tougher, honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
I know just putting it in your motto/bio is an issue because people can take it out later. What about letting people do it through their motto on a trial basis for each individual? If someone wants to rep the site by putting x360a.org in their motto they can post in a certain thread. They'll be monitored periodically (at random time intervals) for a given period of time (2 or 3 months?) before they become an official rep. Afterwards they could be occasionally monitored to ensure they haven't removed it, just give all the tags a quick check, perhaps monthly... If the workload is a bit too high I'm sure you could get a volunteer or two to go through the lists periodically for you. Assuming there isn't thousands of tags I'd be fine with checking the list bi-weekly or so and letting you know of any issues. Thoughts?
I have been a fan of recognizing people who have it in their LIVE profile for some time. Why not have two levels of representers, ones who have their tag changed, others who have us in their profile? Both are visible, easy to check (although it can be time consuming, that can be managed). Not sure what we could call them, but you guys could come up with a name. Their are 4 levels of subscribers after all, why not multiple levels of representers?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
Pretentious much? I love this site, I'm here daily and I consider myself one of the more active members. I'd gladly recommend it to everyone looking for an Xbox community. But I won't change my name for it. I've been known as Veedrock for over 10 years now. It's a part of who I am and always will be. This is my identity and yes, that identity is bigger than this site. Completely personal reason yes, but how dare you sit there and try to judge me for it.
Let's keep this civil. Nobody is judging, this is a brainstorming session.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genesis x360a View Post
Definitely and that would be great but I'm finding it hard to think of ways that members wouldn't abuse to get something Ie: An award Etc.

I've said it the past in other threads that I think the Rep Program (If you will) needs more support and incentive. Maybe a Reps tournament or Rep of the month with prizes and not just random prizes but something like a T-Shirt with the sites URL or a mug, fridge magnet, stickers Etc. This is still a cool prize but also gets the site more exposure. Something like getting a T-Shirt produced once every couple of months isn't very costly or time consuming at all. To enter you have to be a Rep for a certain amount of time, so many posts Etc. to cut down on the entrants and reward the long time standing reps.
We are definitely going to be doing tournaments. Prizes that are physical are tough because we don't want to get into inventory issues, and we have members all over the world. I am not saying it can't/won't be done, just that there are challenges to something like that which we have shied away from in the past.
__________________

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline  
Old 01-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #30
Yannie Boy
 
Yannie Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,178

Yannie Boy's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   1,000 Posts   XBA Promoter   Submit - Platinum   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I love the idea that this is being considered. I've lurked the site since '06 and has always just mentioned the site by word of mouth. Unfortunately, like others mentioned before. My GT has been the same for years, and practically everything has the same alias. No disrespect at all, but I personally wouldn't change my GT over it.

I'm part of an older site, granted alot less traffic, but they were able to get some Avatar Gear on the marketplace and even been able to get some "Official Game Community Nights" on Xbox Live. Not sure what had to be done, but it's doable.

360voice.com, has an award system based of games played/achievements and all that fun stuff, where one of the awards is for having their site mentioned in your motto. It's all automated but no idea hows its done, but I'd assume its a system already in place. Not sure what kind of setup that takes.

Either way I'm all for it.
__________________


Yannie Boy is offline  
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 04:54 PM.