PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org

Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Ambassadors
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Which options do you support for future representers? (Check all options you like)
I support a single tier system for representers 9 21.43%
I support a two tier system for representers 24 57.14%
I support a three+ tier system for representers 12 28.57%
I support a 6 month/500 post requirement 22 52.38%
I support a 12 month/1000 post requirement 19 45.24%
I support having a gamerscore requirement for a particular tier 20 47.62%
I support recognizing those that have x360a.org in their LIVE motto only 15 35.71%
I support recognizing those that have x360a.org anywhere in their LIVE profile 22 52.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2013, 02:27 PM   #31
Grifter Reborn

Gamertag: Grifter x360a

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer (Retired)   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
To build on Creech's point about 4 levels of subscriber, here's a thought:

Bronze: Repping the website in the gamer's profile on XBL
Silver: Repping the website through social media (Facebook or Twitter)
Gold: Repping the website by changing gamertag to include "x360a"
Platinum: Repping the website with merchandise and/or tattoos

Yes? No? Make some adjustments?

Change is inevitable.

Old 01-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #32
Toams07

Gamertag: Toamss

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post

These seem good ideas, however I think you should have an alternative for Silver in case people don't have social media accounts. For example, repping the site ingame through whatever possible (playercards etc)

And Jappe, to answer you further; I don't like my new GT because I am not used to it. I'm not a big fan of change. I have already decided I am going to change my GT back to normal, so I hope we can get some alternative way for me to rep in this thread

Thanks to DEG23 for the azaming Trials Evo sig!

Thanks to Rajeanero for the fantastic Joker avatar!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:53 PM   #33
Creech
Administrator

Gamertag: Just Creech

Awards Showcase XBA Blood Donor   Staff Club - DEG23   10,000 posts   Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold
Total Awards: 43 (more» ...)
One of the options I might be down for is the name change bit with some restrictions... Subscribers get full on whatever they want for a name as long as it is available, but maybe with representers we can do something like change their forum name to include the x360a at the end of it? I would need to get an idea of how much workload this would cause me since it would be just me, but I am open to a reasonable level of work for you guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelstick View Post
These seem good ideas, however I think you should have an alternative for Silver in case people don't have social media accounts. For example, repping the site ingame through whatever possible (playercards etc)
The in-game stuff is tough, and personally I would shy away from it. (This is my opinion, not shutting the idea down, just want to clarify that!) As far as social media goes, there are very few circumstances in which someone CAN'T have a social media account...if they CHOOSE not to, that is a choice and you move on. Me personally, I still have a twitter account but I don't tweet any longer, it got annoying. Instead, I treat it as an RSS feed to my phone for certain news feeds. Probably haven't sent a tweet in 3 years now.

Last edited by Creech; 01-10-2013 at 05:57 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:22 PM   #34
StayonTarget
Community Team's Bombardier

Gamertag: TheStayonTarget

Awards Showcase Staff - Community Team - Events Team Lead   Staff - Community Team - Events Director   Community Challenge Competition - 10+ Points   XBA Blood Donor   Micro Guide - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   GSL 14 - Team MVP   Sister-Site Member   Donator - Level 3   Community Gaming - Diamond   Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 27 (more» ...)
Quote:

That brings up a question of wether you need to complete Bronze to be a Silver representer. Like I'll be Silver for sure and would gladly buy a shirt or a hat or something but I won't change my GT. So does that make me Silver or Platinum?

And btw. Check out Redbubble.com for merchandise. You can list your own stuff for free and anyone can buy.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
Old 01-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #35
Grifter Reborn

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer (Retired)   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
One of the options I might be down for is the name change bit with some restrictions... Subscribers get full on whatever they want for a name as long as it is available, but maybe with representers we can do something like change their forum name to include the x360a at the end of it? I would need to get an idea of how much workload this would cause me since it would be just me, but I am open to a reasonable level of work for you guys.

The in-game stuff is tough, and personally I would shy away from it. (This is my opinion, not shutting the idea down, just want to clarify that!) As far as social media goes, there are very few circumstances in which someone CAN'T have a social media account...if they CHOOSE not to, that is a choice and you move on. Me personally, I still have a twitter account but I don't tweet any longer, it got annoying. Instead, I treat it as an RSS feed to my phone for certain news feeds. Probably haven't sent a tweet in 3 years now.
Well assuming that the workload would be reasonable, how about this:

Silver: Repping the website through social media (Facebook or Twitter) or changing your forum name to include x360a

However, I would pose the question, what would stop a new member signing up to the site with x360a already included in their forum name? Would it maybe be better to request a tagline, like the subscribers and staff members have that simply says x360a or representer? Name would remain grey instead of green or blue, so on and so forth. This way members still have to go through the application process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
That brings up a question of wether you need to complete Bronze to be a Silver representer. Like I'll be Silver for sure and would gladly buy a shirt or a hat or something but I won't change my GT. So does that make me Silver or Platinum?

And btw. Check out Redbubble.com for merchandise. You can list your own stuff for free and anyone can buy.
In my mind, you'd be a platinum representer. Much like subscribers can decide how much they want to pay a month, representers can decide their level of involvement. Hope that made sense.

Change is inevitable.

Old 01-10-2013, 06:53 PM   #36
Creech
Administrator

Awards Showcase XBA Blood Donor   Staff Club - DEG23   10,000 posts   Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post

Assuming the levels specified got approved, then you would be platinum. For now, since the merchandise is not even really under discussion, I would stick what what can be done now and worry about adding in merchandise stuff Later, if the admin's approve and go forward with something like that.
Old 01-10-2013, 06:59 PM   #37
Creech
Administrator

Quote:
Well assuming that the workload would be reasonable, how about this:

Silver: Repping the website through social media (Facebook or Twitter) or changing your forum name to include x360a

However, I would pose the question, what would stop a new member signing up to the site with x360a already included in their forum name? Would it maybe be better to request a tagline, like the subscribers and staff members have that simply says x360a or representer? Name would remain grey instead of green or blue, so on and so forth. This way members still have to go through the application process.
Might have been misunderstood, sorry... I was suggesting a limited name change ability on the site as one of the benefits of being a representer, not as a requirement for a certain level of involvement.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:06 PM   #38
Grifter Reborn

Quote:
Might have been misunderstood, sorry... I was suggesting a limited name change ability on the site as one of the benefits of being a representer, not as a requirement for a certain level of involvement.
Ah! Okay then. So would that perk be available to any level of representer or a specific level?

And to amend the proposal that's under discussion (to keep current )

Platinum: Repping the website with merchandise and/or tattoos (this level would not be available until Admin has decided to do so)

Change is inevitable.

Old 01-10-2013, 07:07 PM   #39
StayonTarget

Awards Showcase Staff - Community Team - Events Team Lead   Staff - Community Team - Events Director   Community Challenge Competition - 10+ Points   XBA Blood Donor   Micro Guide - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   GSL 14 - Team MVP   Sister-Site Member   Donator - Level 3   Community Gaming - Diamond   Staff Club - troy0891   Road Map - Silver
I don't think having a forum name with x360a in it should make you a rep. That just doesn't make any sense. You'd be preaching to the choir.

I know this is just brainstorming. But it never hurts to think about how to make this site better.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:15 PM   #40
Genesis x360a

Gamertag: Schluballybub

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth (Retired)
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Platinum: Repping the website with merchandise and/or tattoos (this level would not be available until Admin has decided to do so)
These I like but again the site admins/organizers are faced with giving out the awards. Now after the awards have been given and the member decides to change their XBL Profile, Facebook URL/Name, Twitter name Etc. Do they still keep the awards? If not then staff have to go and remove the award which in turns make more work. Also who will govern these as they would need to be checked to make sure they're within the award parameters.

Great news on the Rep Tournaments. I've been saying these should of been implemented for some time and in regards to the inventory for x360a Themed rewards, if the tournaments are held bi monthly or even monthly I think getting 1 shirt and a Mug made wouldn't be a problem at all. The only minor problem I could forsee would be with the shipping of the items.

P.s. I'm a avid fan of tattoo's and have a few. If the members get behind it I would definitely get a mini x360a logo Haha something the size of 10p piece.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:31 PM   #41
Spanish Assault

Gamertag: Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Community Gaming - Emerald   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Assuming the levels specified got approved, then you would be platinum. For now, since the merchandise is not even really under discussion, I would stick what what can be done now and worry about adding in merchandise stuff Later, if the admin's approve and go forward with something like that.
what if we bought merchandise from the site? Say the site has a gift shop with shirts and hats....the site makes money and that would be a way of repping the site too. You wouldn't have to worry about verifying if it was real cause you would be shipping us the stuff.

Old 01-10-2013, 08:48 PM   #42
StayonTarget

Unless you had people in charge of just Rep awards then it would be a b*tch to handle all of them. Maybe less levels starting with something more significant? Because I can make a twitter "Target x360a" in about 2 minutes. And the site has thousands of members who could do the same thing.

However, I think changing your GT and purchasing merchandise are two good levels. But it seems if we want to go with the same theme of the site we'd want 3-5 levels.

Old 01-10-2013, 10:49 PM   #43
Veedrock
Banned User

Gamertag: Veedrock

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Why are rep levels being considered if there's more to it than a simple forum award? Do "bronze" reps have the same privileges as "gold" reps? You either do the bare minimum just for the perks (tournaments, contests, etc), or you leave out certain people which makes levels arbitrary. Either way there's no reason to implement them, not to mention the management issues already pointed out.

@Grifter: My post wasn't in support of that (or an attempt to flesh it out). I thought the idea was to let people rep in more ways than just there name, not to separate them into tiers based on it.

Last edited by Veedrock; 01-10-2013 at 11:16 PM.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:09 PM   #44
Grifter Reborn

I think I should have posted my full idea instead of just part. Like Veedrock pointed out, there would be different levels of benefits for each. I'll edit this post with the full idea for discussion. It may be long, so I apologize in advance.

Proposal for discussion
To become a rep, you must still go through the application process that is outlined already for the current representers. This insures that "not just anyone can be a rep" because the site wants people who will represent in a positive manner. This way staff still has some control over who is officially representing the site.

Now once approved, you (the member who applied) must decide what level of rep you want.

Bronze level:
Requirement to be listed as official:
Repping the website in the gamer's profile on XBL with your profile always set to public

Benefits: Staff will reward you with the "bronze rep" award, you now have full access to post in all of the threads in the representer forum.

Silver level:
Repping the website in the gamer's profile on XBL with the profile always set to public,
must have either 10 games with 100% completion or over 100,000 gamerscore
I changed this because of the problems pointed out due to social media. However, this as well as any of the proposal is open for debate, ideas and improvements.

Benefits: Staff will reward you with the "silver rep" award, you now have full access to post in all of the threads in the representer forum, and you may sign up for representer tournaments.

Gold level:
Repping the website by changing gamertag to include "x360a"

Benefits: Staff will reward you with the "gold rep" award, you now have full access to post in all of the threads in the representer forum, and you may sign up for representer tournaments. You also are awarded a one-time forum name change that will include x360a.

Platinum level:
Repping the website with merchandise and/or tattoos
This is obviously pending a decision from admin for this to even have a chance. For now, consider this level wishful thinking until we are told otherwise.

Benefits: Staff will reward you with the "platinum rep" award, you now have full access to post in all of the threads in the representer forum, and you may sign up for representer tournaments. You also are awarded a one-time forum name change that will include x360a. You'll also be granted a forum wide announcement from a staff member to show off how awesome you are.

Once you've recieved an award, it's yours. (this helps staff not having to keep removing awards)
HOWEVER! In order to maintain the benefits, you have to maintain the requirements. If at anytime a staff member checks on your status to find you're not holding up your end of the deal, they can remove you from the official rep list and prevent you from using the benefits. (such as not being eligible for tournaments)

Staff could ask for volunteers to check reps at random intervals to insure they are in line with the rules. (assuming its too much work for the staff to maintain on their own)

Questions? Comments? Concerns?

Change is inevitable.

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 01-10-2013 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Full proposal
Old 01-11-2013, 12:30 AM   #45
Creech
Administrator

So going forward, let's not talk about the platinum. Down the road we can bring it back up.

I do like the differentiation between bronze and silver being gamerscore/completion although I would probably up the completion numbers myself if it was entirely up to me (which it is not).

Currently representers get the word of mouth because of the gamertag change. I would say keep that in at the gold level as well since that is really going a large step beyond the silver.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:47 AM   #46
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Community Gaming - Emerald   Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Grifter that was well thought out. Lets hope you get a bright idea award for this.

Love the idea of implementing gamer-score and completion percentage in this as well. Lets hope the site entertains this idea.

I would imagine if I choose to be silver and then wanted to change my GT to rep the site I could get the gold.

Would also volunteer my time to make sure the members kept the site info in their bio. You wouldn't have to make anyone a mod or anything. We would just keep an eye on current rep members and report the ones that remove the sites info from their bio.

Last edited by Spanish Assault; 01-11-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Old 01-11-2013, 12:49 AM   #47
Cappie

Gamertag: DEADCOLT 360
I would like to rep the site, I will not however, be willing to change my Gamertag.
I attend quite a few gaming comps. I can always rep you there (Perhaps buy an x360a hoody if someone on the site chooses to make one?) I can probably think of other things I'm sure.
I've been lurking this site for 6+ years now, and only decided to join recently. So I'm well accustomed to the people.
Old 01-11-2013, 01:48 AM   #48
Grifter Reborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
@Grifter: My post wasn't in support of that (or an attempt to flesh it out). I thought the idea was to let people rep in more ways than just there name, not to separate them into tiers based on it.
Didn't see this until now.
It was just idea I've put forward for consideration. I'd love to hear (or technically read) your thoughts on my update, but also some more of your ideas. I know you and I have had some awesome back and forths before so I'm sure we can flesh out something everyone would agree to.

Quote:
So going forward, let's not talk about the platinum. Down the road we can bring it back up.

I do like the differentiation between bronze and silver being gamerscore/completion although I would probably up the completion numbers myself if it was entirely up to me (which it is not).

Currently representers get the word of mouth because of the gamertag change. I would say keep that in at the gold level as well since that is really going a large step beyond the silver.
Okay, no more "Platinum". Couple of questions. Is the "staff" level of involvement reasonable? Are there subscriber only tournaments or are they always staff and subscribers?

I ask cause I could throw some more stuff into that proposal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
Grifter that was well thought out. Lets hope you get a bright idea award for this.

Love the idea of implementing gamer-score and completion percentage in this as well. Lets hope the site entertains this idea.

I would imagine if I choose to be silver and then wanted to change my GT to rep the site I could get the gold.

Would also volunteer my time to make sure the members kept the site info in their bio. You wouldn't have to make anyone a mod or anything. We would just keep an eye on current rep members and report the ones that remove the sites info from their bio.
Thanks for the feedback! And I'm glad you like the idea.

Change is inevitable.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:16 AM   #49
Gackt
Banned User

Gamertag: Gackt GG

Awards Showcase Guide Writers Guild   10,000 posts   Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth (Retired)   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
Quote:
I think I should have posted my full idea instead of just part. Like Veedrock pointed out, there would be different levels of benefits for each. I'll edit this post with the full idea for discussion. It may be long, so I apologize in advance.

Proposal for discussion
To become a rep, you must still go through the application process that is outlined already for the current representers. This insures that "not just anyone can be a rep" because the site wants people who will represent in a positive manner. This way staff still has some control over who is officially representing the site.

Now once approved, you (the member who applied) must decide what level of rep you want.

Bronze level:
Repping the website in the gamer's profile on XBL with your profile always set to public

Benefits: Staff will reward you with the "bronze rep" award, you now have full access to post in all of the threads in the representer forum.

Silver level:
Repping the website in the gamer's profile on XBL with the profile always set to public,
I changed this because of the problems pointed out due to social media. However, this as well as any of the proposal is open for debate, ideas and improvements.

Benefits: Staff will reward you with the "silver rep" award, you now have full access to post in all of the threads in the representer forum, and you may sign up for representer tournaments.

Gold level:

Benefits: Staff will reward you with the "gold rep" award, you now have full access to post in all of the threads in the representer forum, and you may sign up for representer tournaments. You also are awarded a one-time forum name change that will include x360a.

Platinum level:
Repping the website with merchandise and/or tattoos
This is obviously pending a decision from admin for this to even have a chance. For now, consider this level wishful thinking until we are told otherwise.

Benefits: Staff will reward you with the "platinum rep" award, you now have full access to post in all of the threads in the representer forum, and you may sign up for representer tournaments. You also are awarded a one-time forum name change that will include x360a. You'll also be granted a forum wide announcement from a staff member to show off how awesome you are.

Once you've recieved an award, it's yours. (this helps staff not having to keep removing awards)
HOWEVER! In order to maintain the benefits, you have to maintain the requirements. If at anytime a staff member checks on your status to find you're not holding up your end of the deal, they can remove you from the official rep list and prevent you from using the benefits. (such as not being eligible for tournaments)

Staff could ask for volunteers to check reps at random intervals to insure they are in line with the rules. (assuming its too much work for the staff to maintain on their own)

Questions? Comments? Concerns?
For the most part I like it, but I don't like the platinum awards idea. I mean...do we have merchandise? And as much as I love x360a...more than likely the new generation of console is coming out this year. What if x360a changes it's name to match with the name of the new one? Getting a tat of x360a at that point would...well it would be pretty funny if someone did that and we changed the site name but Im sure you can see why that isn't the best idea for a requirement lol.

Edit: Just noticed we aren't talking about the platinum anymore, good thing Gackt didn't read the thread before replying.
Old 01-11-2013, 06:33 AM   #50
kaleido42

Gamertag: Kaleido42

Awards Showcase Community Challenge Competition - 10+ Points   Subscriber - Bronze   Impossible Trinity - Bronze   Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Completely agree with that. Seeing someone with a few hundred thousand gamerscore saying good things about the site would definitely give a better impression than someone with a couple thousand gamerscore. And I do agree with you about increasing the completion requirements. 10 completions is a lot quicker/easier than 100000 gamerscore. I'm just over the 100000 gamerscore and with a pathetic completion percentage of 63% I'm at 86 completions (according to TA). I'd say the minimum there should be at least 25, if not more.

Thanks to Spazaz Man for the sig!
Message Me: XBL|XBA|PST
Old 01-11-2013, 06:58 AM   #51
Capn Doug
Just one saves Sonic

Gamertag: Capn Doug XBA

Awards Showcase Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Subscriber - Silver   Staff Club - Skorpion XBA   Subscriber Clubs Baron   5,000 Posts   Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2
Total Awards: 52 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
Completely agree with that. Seeing someone with a few hundred thousand gamerscore saying good things about the site would definitely give a better impression than someone with a couple thousand gamerscore. And I do agree with you about increasing the completion requirements. 10 completions is a lot quicker/easier than 100000 gamerscore. I'm just over the 100000 gamerscore and with a pathetic completion percentage of 63% I'm at 86 completions (according to TA). I'd say the minimum there should be at least 25, if not more.
Is it wrong that I don't find either of those particularly high? I may have been freebasing GSL games a bit too long.

It might not be a good idea to set a specific level for completions, since all are not created equal. Leave it open to the discretion of whoever would be checking the tags, since 10 impressive completions would be worth rewarding, though 25 GSL completions might not. That 6th digit is a pretty good distinction, though.
Old 01-11-2013, 11:44 AM   #52
Mahtan Tinuviél

Gamertag: Mahtan Tinuviel

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I belive it should be something in between, if I may say so... The 6th digit does make a great impression, but that is time consuming and for someone as me how increases their GS at about 10k a year that could take a very long time...

Completion does make it interesting, but as mentioned GSL is already there to "boost" it. But completion also means that you care about this site because honestly : how many games did you get 100% without a glance here???

I for example have 30k with 22 100% (because I´m that anoyed to get it to 100%!!!) and use this site everytime I´m on live... my laptop "lives" by my Xbox.

Maybe something can be made as to an avarege system of points (and that is kinda easy for me as I am an engineer) in which it would take your completion and your GS into account.

Other criterias can be added easaly enough such as: Subscriber, time on site, etc. etc.

And finally, I do like the 3 levels proposed!!!

Latest Milestone:
40.000 - 28/09/2013; Playing XCOM: EU.

Old 01-11-2013, 12:55 PM   #53
Spanish Assault

25 completed games is pretty fair...or 100k. I used the site....alot to get over 100k.

Old 01-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #54
Ceris

Gamertag: Tragic Melody

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Ceris   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Opinion on silver award: Even 25 100% completes isn't that much. If you include arcades, I have 17 completions according to TA and I only have 35k GS and don't care if a game is complete or not. I just grind on the games I like. Without arcades that's 13 completions, and even then, I have a bunch of games within 5 achievements to completion. 25 completions doesn't compare to 100k GS

ALTHOUGH, I've had friends check my profile and saw 15+ games with 1000+ GS and I've been asked more than once if I modded some achievements. (because of the number of high GS games I had, especially the non-mainstreams)

I'd be up for even a bronze representative award. I've had x360a in my profile for 6+ months. I'd go for gold eventually too, I just need a little extra money for a GT change.

According to TA: 51% completion rate but 17 completions (link). 25 isn't that difficult.

Last edited by Ceris; 01-11-2013 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #55
Grifter Reborn

Quote:
25 completed games is pretty fair...or 100k. I used the site....alot to get over 100k.
So my question is, how long did it take you? My reason for asking is (an example assuming this were approved)let's say a bronze representer was still fairly new to achievement hunting, wouldn't a month or two of effort to gain silver status be enough time invested? I've been playing ~5 years and hunting (to a small degree) for about 1 year. Yet I just hit 60K and only have 7(?) completions. Sure if I was serious about gaining silver status, it'd only take a short amount of time to reach 10 completions. Maybe 15 (if we up the ante), but that would be encouraging me to try instead of the prospect of 6 months to a year of serious hunting. Just trying throw that out there for consideration.

EDIT: Just saw Ceris post too about increasing the amount completed, so I'm probably in the minority.
So, 15? 20? 25?

And just for people joining the discussion, one of the current proposals looks like this:

Proposal for discussion

Bronze level:

Silver level:

^^^Under current "debate"

Gold level:

Change is inevitable.

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 01-11-2013 at 02:20 PM. Reason: Ceris post
Old 01-11-2013, 02:46 PM   #56
Creech
Administrator

Quote:
Okay, no more "Platinum". Couple of questions. Is the "staff" level of involvement reasonable? Are there subscriber only tournaments or are they always staff and subscribers?
Yes it is reasonable. Typically the tournaments are subscriber and staff as a way to help the staff interact more with the subscribers, which is a perennial request. I would anticipate the same with Representer tournaments. It is optional, not mandatory, for the staff to participate, but it is a good option to have. The only real rule I ever use is that whoever is running the tournament (typically me for the Sub/Staff tourneys) does not participate so there is no conflict of interest. That isn't cast in stone, but certainly is typical of more recent events. I just dislike drama, and that is an easy thing to do to help avoid it.

Quote:

Removing awards is no big deal, honestly. I would rather have a current list.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:18 PM   #57
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceris View Post
According to TA: 51% completion rate but 17 completions (link). 25 isn't that difficult.
TA doesn't use DLC that you dont own when it figures your completion %. So going by TA would give you more completed games then waht your Live profile says. We would have to figure which way to go.

Quote:
So my question is, how long did it take you? My reason for asking is (an example assuming this were approved)let's say a bronze representer was still fairly new to achievement hunting, wouldn't a month or two of effort to gain silver status be enough time invested? I've been playing ~5 years and hunting (to a small degree) for about 1 year. Yet I just hit 60K and only have 7(?) completions. Sure if I was serious about gaining silver status, it'd only take a short amount of time to reach 10 completions. Maybe 15 (if we up the ante), but that would be encouraging me to try instead of the prospect of 6 months to a year of serious hunting. Just trying throw that out there for consideration.
I have 42 completed games in about 4 years of xbox live. But I really started going for completions about 2-3 years ago. It really wasn't that hard and I used the site a lot. Honestly 25 isn't that bad if you use the list of easy games the site has.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #58
Creech
Administrator

Quote:
TA doesn't use DLC that you dont own when it figures your completion %. So going by TA would give you more completed games then waht your Live profile says. We would have to figure which way to go.
There is no figuring needed. TA has a serious lack of brains running it. I mean, any site that says the Battlestations series of games is NOT strategy clearly has problems. The boxes say strategy right on them. The developer calls them strategy games. The publisher calls them strategy games. TA calls them vehicle simulators. WTF? Their policy of not counting DLC is just one more sign of that. Our policy is now and will always be the same as Microsoft: If the game on xbox.com does not show you have unlocked 100% of all achievements linked for that title, you have not completed it.

Last edited by Creech; 01-11-2013 at 04:25 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:23 PM   #59
Corrupt.
Community Team's Duke, Guide Team Lead, Mod & Sexy Lobster

Gamertag: Corrupt XBA

Awards Showcase BiggD's Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Community Team - Moderator   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   Xbox One Launch Title Challenge Club - Tier 1   GSL 14 - 3rd Place   Staff - Community Team - Guide Team Lead   Animals, Beasts & Critters Challenge Club - Tier 1   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Super Heroes Challenge Club - Tier 1   Cops N' Robbers - Tier 1   Subscriber Clubs Baron
Total Awards: 57 (more» ...)
I am guessing you will still have to get permission to change your gamertag, so people can't just buy their way to a gold award?

How to write a Guide/Roadmap | One Games with No Guide | 360/WP/W8/GFWL Games with No Guide
Greenbook | Greenbook Contents List

LOOKING TO COMPLETE MY PAL COLLECTION. IF YOU HAVE ANY PAL RETAIL GAMES YOU WANT TO SELL I WILL GIVE GOOD PRICES! PM ME!
Old 01-11-2013, 04:27 PM   #60
Spanish Assault

Quote:
There is no figuring needed. TA has a serious lack of brains running it. I mean, any site that says the Battlestations series of games is NOT strategy clearly has problems. The boxes say strategy right on them. The developer calls them strategy games. The publisher calls them strategy games. TA calls them vehicle simulators. WTF? Their policy of not counting DLC is just one more sign of that. Our policy is now and will always be the same as Microsoft: If the game on xbox.com does not show you have unlocked 100% of all achievements linked for that title, you have not completed it.
well we all know their site only does one thing right. Just wanted to claify that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
I am guessing you will still have to get permission to change your gamertag, so people can't just buy their way to a gold award?

Yeah just changing your GT wont get you the rep award now, so that wouldn't change.

Closed Thread