PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Community and Events > Ambassadors
Subscribe    Donate

View Poll Results: Which options do you support for future representers? (Check all options you like)
I support a single tier system for representers 9 21.43%
I support a two tier system for representers 24 57.14%
I support a three+ tier system for representers 12 28.57%
I support a 6 month/500 post requirement 22 52.38%
I support a 12 month/1000 post requirement 19 45.24%
I support having a gamerscore requirement for a particular tier 20 47.62%
I support recognizing those that have x360a.org in their LIVE motto only 15 35.71%
I support recognizing those that have x360a.org anywhere in their LIVE profile 22 52.38%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 42. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #61
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester
Total Awards: 41 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
I am guessing you will still have to get permission to change your gamertag, so people can't just buy their way to a gold award?
We don't control a gamertag change, so we can't say "No don't change your tag." However, changing your tag doesn't automatically make you a representer on our site. We want to make sure you aren't a douche, basically, which is why we have the list of approved representers.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Old 01-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #62
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
Yes it is reasonable. Typically the tournaments are subscriber and staff as a way to help the staff interact more with the subscribers, which is a perennial request. I would anticipate the same with Representer tournaments. It is optional, not mandatory, for the staff to participate, but it is a good option to have. The only real rule I ever use is that whoever is running the tournament (typically me for the Sub/Staff tourneys) does not participate so there is no conflict of interest. That isn't cast in stone, but certainly is typical of more recent events. I just dislike drama, and that is an easy thing to do to help avoid it.
So would staff become representers according to the proposal's outline thus insuring their (voluntary of course) participation in tournaments or would it not matter?

Quote:
Removing awards is no big deal, honestly. I would rather have a current list.
So to be clear, you would prefer to leave it as written? Or have awards taken away if members don't hold up their end?

Also, would someone going from bronze to silver get a 2nd award or a replacement award (like submitting guides)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt x360a View Post
I am guessing you will still have to get permission to change your gamertag, so people can't just buy their way to a gold award?
Yea the application process is still the same (under this proposal):

Proposal for discussion
To become a rep, you must still go through the application process that is outlined already for the current representers. This insures that "not just anyone can be a rep" because the site wants people who will represent in a positive manner. This way staff still has some control over who is officially representing the site.

Now once approved, you (the member who applied) must decide what level of rep you want.

Bronze level:
Requirement to be listed as official:
Repping the website in the gamer's profile on XBL with your profile always set to public

Benefits: Staff will reward you with the "bronze rep" award, you now have full access to post in all of the threads in the representer forum.

Silver level:
Repping the website in the gamer's profile on XBL with the profile always set to public,
must have either 15 games with 100% completion or over 100,000 gamerscore

^^^Under current "debate" I'm holding out as long as I can

Benefits: Staff will reward you with the "silver rep" award, you now have full access to post in all of the threads in the representer forum, and you may sign up for representer tournaments.

Gold level:
Repping the website by changing gamertag to include "x360a"

Benefits: Staff will reward you with the "gold rep" award, you now have full access to post in all of the threads in the representer forum, and you may sign up for representer tournaments. You also are awarded a one-time forum name change that will include x360a.

Once you've recieved an award, it's yours. (this helps staff not having to keep removing awards)
HOWEVER! In order to maintain the benefits, you have to maintain the requirements. If at anytime a staff member checks on your status to find you're not holding up your end of the deal, they can remove you from the official rep list and prevent you from using the benefits. (such as not being eligible for tournaments)

Staff could ask for volunteers to check reps at random intervals to insure they are in line with the rules. (assuming its too much work for the staff to maintain on their own)

Change is inevitable.

Old 01-11-2013, 04:51 PM   #63
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Front Page   Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter Reborn View Post
So would staff become representers according to the proposal's outline thus insuring their (voluntary of course) participation in tournaments or would it not matter?

So to be clear, you would prefer to leave it as written? Or have awards taken away if members don't hold up their end?

Also, would someone going from bronze to silver get a 2nd award or a replacement award (like submitting guides)?

Staff, by definition, are representers and subscribers. All the staff have access to the Subscriber forum and can participate fully. The same goes for the Representer forum.

Re awards, take them away if no longer warranted. Only one representer award at any given time, just like with guides.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:10 PM   #64
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Proposal for discussion
To become a rep, you must still go through the application process that is outlined already for the current representers. This insures that "not just anyone can be a rep" because the site wants people who will represent in a positive manner. This way staff still has some control over who is officially representing the site.
This wouldn't really be needed for a x306a staff members though. That's my understanding of the matter.

If the Admin of site see you worthy and up-to-par to represent the site as official staff, I think going through this process wouldn't be needed.

Current Gamerscore: GAMERTAG
Old 01-11-2013, 05:37 PM   #65
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Didn't see this until now.
It was just idea I've put forward for consideration. I'd love to hear (or technically read) your thoughts on my update, but also some more of your ideas. I know you and I have had some awesome back and forths before so I'm sure we can flesh out something everyone would agree to.
But I'm so much better at disagreeing with other ideas than I am at coming up with my own

I'm still not in favor of levels. Maybe it's because I don't care about awards and see much greater significance in the perks (not that I'm in it just for that ), and when I look at those all I see are two extra awards that are basically useless. Bronze is useless because the rep forum isn't even something important or desirable, it's kind of a joke to make it a perk because this is a business forum, not a social place for the "in" crowd (which the subscriber forum is for...I think). Silver is useless because the perks are exactly the same as Gold, so why differentiate the award?

Now I'm going to pretend there's only a single award and focus back on the requirements for repping. Gamerscore is a pretty good suggestion but I don't like completed games as an alternative requirements. As others have pointed out you can't really balance it against hard gamerscore; personally I have 57 completed games with 85k gamerscore (and I'm not even a completionist!). It's fundamentally flawed because any number given is subjective (note: the gamerscore requirement is subjective too obviously, but it's easier to baseline and I like the number).

But the whole thing got me thinking: why focus solely on one's achievements? What about site activity? Now granted there are already a few site-related requirements to becoming a rep, but why not just make them higher if you're not willing to change your gamertag? It could be as simple as being a member for so long or having so many posts, or even go as far as having to have a published guide or something. I'd like something like this way more than an arbitrary number of completed games.

tl;dr - Single award, requirements (On top of the existing application/vouching process of course) are either:

-Name change
-100,000 gamerscore, x360a stuff in profile
-(To be determined) higher site requirements, x360a stuff in profile

EDIT: Ok totally rethinking everything now. I'm starting to warm up to the idea different awards, because honestly those that do change their name are going a step beyond and should be recognized for it. I just don't like the awards being tiered. I could get behind having one (or maybe an extra) award for those that change their name, and one for those that do another requirement; maybe turn Word of Mouth into the "other" option while making a spiffy new (+extra?) award for those with name changes? I'll probably catch some heat for using this phrasing, but I'm going for "separate but equal."

EDIT 2: @below: Yeah that would work too. I just don't like the idea of having bronze/silver/gold status on something where you're choosing your level, instead of progressing towards them like other tiered awards.

Quote:
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 01-11-2013 at 06:20 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 05:58 PM   #66
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Staff Club - troy0891   Donator - Level 4   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post

EDIT: Ok totally rethinking everything now. I'm starting to warm up to the idea different awards, because honestly those that do change their name are going a step beyond and should be recognized for it. I just don't like the awards being tiered. I could get behind having one (or maybe an extra) award for those that change their name, and one for those that do another requirement; maybe turn Word of Mouth into the "other" option while making a spiffy new (extra?) award for those with name changes? I'll probably catch some heat for using this phrasing, but I'm going for "separate but equal."
i like this idea, changing it a bit though, you could have 2 'tiers'. one could be the usual representer, that fulfills all the nescesary requirements(yet to be fully determined) and 'tier 2' could be an upgrade to the original award, but called something like 'Hardcore Representer' which could be for fulfilling every single possible requirement, putting x360a in all bios, gamertag, facebook/twitter, etc.
Old 01-11-2013, 07:04 PM   #67
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
We were rebuffed the last time we asked, but it has been years. It was when avatars were first coming out and MS was thinking they were going to do away with gamerpics entirely. At this point, since that clearly hasn't happened, it might be worth asking again. I will throw it on my to do list.
I talked with Rx about getting an official x360a gamerpic on the LIVE Marketplace, and he will follow up with MS. Due to vacations and such, it won't be until February, but it is on our to-do list.

Old 01-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #68
Grifter Reborn

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Okay, a lot to absorb here.

1st to update the proposal I've been floating out there:

Proposal for discussion From now on I think I'll refer to this as the "3-tier proposal" to avoid re-posting it. I'm sure that annoys everyone more than me.
To become a rep, you must still go through the application process that is outlined already in this LINK. Note: all staff members are already considered representers for the site and do not need to apply. This insures that "not just anyone can be a rep" because the site wants people who will represent in a positive manner. This way staff still has some control over who is officially representing the site.

Now once approved, you (the member who applied) must decide what level of rep you want.

Bronze level:
Repping the website in the gamer's profile on XBL with your profile always set to public

Benefits: Staff will reward you with the "bronze rep" award, you now have full access to post in all of the threads in the representer forum.

Silver level:
Repping the website in the gamer's profile on XBL with the profile always set to public,
must have either 15 games with 100% completion or over 100,000 gamerscore

^^^Under current "debate" I'm holding out as long as I can

Benefits: Staff will reward you with the "silver rep" award, you now have full access to post in all of the threads in the representer forum, and you may sign up for representer tournaments.

Gold level:
Repping the website by changing gamertag to include "x360a"

Benefits: Staff will reward you with the "gold rep" award, you now have full access to post in all of the threads in the representer forum, and you may sign up for representer tournaments. You also are awarded a one-time forum name change that will include x360a.

Once you've recieved an award for your tier, it may change based on 2 factors. One, in order to maintain the benefits and award, you have to maintain the requirements. If at anytime a staff member checks on your status to find you're not holding up your end of the deal, they can remove you from the official rep list, remove your award and prevent you from using the benefits. (such as no longer being eligible for tournaments) Two, you could request a change (such as going from silver to gold) and upon approval receive a replacement award (such as in the example, losing the silver award and gaining the gold award).

Staff could ask for volunteers to check reps at random intervals to insure they are in line with the rules. (assuming its too much work for the staff to maintain on their own)
*end of proposal

Quote:
Single award, requirements (On top of the existing application/vouching process of course) are either:

-Name change
-100,000 gamerscore, x360a stuff in profile
-(To be determined) higher site requirements, x360a stuff in profile

EDIT: Ok totally rethinking everything now. I'm starting to warm up to the idea different awards, because honestly those that do change their name are going a step beyond and should be recognized for it. I just don't like the awards being tiered. I could get behind having one (or maybe an extra) award for those that change their name, and one for those that do another requirement; maybe turn Word of Mouth into the "other" option while making a spiffy new (+extra?) award for those with name changes? I'll probably catch some heat for using this phrasing, but I'm going for "separate but equal."

EDIT 2: @below: Yeah that would work too. I just don't like the idea of having bronze/silver/gold status on something where you're choosing your level, instead of progressing towards them like other tiered awards.
Well for starters I guess I was thinking "tiers" only in terms of involvement (and benefits) much like subscribers decide on what amount they pay each month. The idea playing along "more bang for your buck" as more benefits to the level of repping. Since you originally felt the benefits should be the same for everyone, I think your starting to "warm up" to the notion that there's should be extra incentive for going the extra mile. Although you didn't like my 3-tiers proposal, you've (eventually) produced a very similar idea. So perhaps "bronze, silver, gold" isn't so bad afterall? However to entertain your notion, how would this look:

Gold- gamertag change to include x360a
Silver- 100,000 gamerscore, x360a stuff in profile
Bronze- 1 year membership with 1,000 non-spam posts, x360a stuff in profile

All 3 granting the same benefits, just different colored awards.

Change is inevitable.

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 01-11-2013 at 07:31 PM. Reason: Needed it
Old 01-11-2013, 07:53 PM   #69
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Quote:
However to entertain your notion
Hey I'm doing the entertaining here, not you!

But no, you seemed to have missed what I was saying entirely. I don't like bronze/silver/gold at all, three levels is too much and the distinction between Bronze and Silver requirements is subjective (which is why I think they should be interchangeable, like your gamerscore/completion requirement). What I was thinking was two entirely separate awards with the possibility of name reps getting both, while Scotty was suggesting two similar pics with name changers getting the "better" one (I think). Something like these achievement tiles:

"Regular":

"Hardcore":

If you really wanted a tier comparison, what I'm suggesting would be something like gold/platinum awards without any bronze/silver. And honestly, the whole b/s/g/p thing is so Playstation.

I did recognize the parallels of your idea with the Subscriber Awards, but I don't necessarily agree with those either so it's not a reason for me to get on board with it here. Others may agree with you though.

Quote:
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

Last edited by Veedrock; 01-11-2013 at 08:02 PM.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:04 PM   #70
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Staff Club - troy0891   Donator - Level 4   2,500 Posts   Subscriber - Gold   x360a Representer   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - DeekBoy   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver
Quote:
while Scotty was suggesting two similar pics with name changers getting the "better" one (I think). Something like these achievement tiles:

"Regular":

"Hardcore":
pretty much what i meant yeah. just basically there would be a basic requirement like there already is and if you do this, say x360a in some form of bio/social media profile, vouch from a mod and having been on the site long enough and be active enough to be recognized as 'NOT' an arsehole, then you can become a representer.

if however you took it further by changing your gamertag, bought merchandise(if that happens), use the gamerpic(again if that happens) and still did the basic requirements as well, then you would be 'hardcore'.

plus, those two pics are pretty cool, too.
Old 01-11-2013, 08:12 PM   #71
Grifter Reborn

Quote:
Hey I'm doing the entertaining here, not you!
LMAO!!!
Quote:
But no, you seemed to have missed what I was saying entirely. I don't like bronze/silver/gold at all, three levels is too much and the distinction between Bronze and Silver requirements is subjective (which is why I think they should be interchangeable, like your gamerscore/completion requirement). What I was thinking was two entirely separate awards with the possibility of name reps getting both, while Scotty was suggesting two similar pics with name changers getting the "better" one (I think). Something like these achievement tiles:

"Regular":

"Hardcore":

If you really wanted a tier comparison, what I'm suggesting would be something like gold/platinum awards without any bronze/silver. And honestly, the whole b/s/g/p thing is so Playstation.

I did recognize the parallels of your idea with the Subscriber Awards, but I don't necessarily agree with those either so it's not a reason for me to get on board with it here. Others may agree with you though.
Okay, then would this be closer?

"Regular":
- 100,000 gamerscore, x360a stuff in profile OR 1 year membership with 1,000 non-spam posts, x360a stuff in profile

"Hardcore":
- gamertag change to include x360a

Both with the same benefits?
Surely the gamertag change deserves a bit more in the "benefit" category than a better pic. Or am I just talking out my ass here?

Change is inevitable.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #72
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Just for clarity, as far as benefits go, a subscriber is a subscriber is a subscriber. The only difference from the site's perspective is which color their award is. I would anticipate the same here with Representers.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #73
Grifter Reborn

Quote:
Just for clarity, as far as benefits go, a subscriber is a subscriber is a subscriber. The only difference from the site's perspective is which color their award is. I would anticipate the same here with Representers.
Which I think means I was talking out my ass and that pretty much kills my proposal.

So I guess moving forward, we just need more feedback on the "regular" vs "hardcore" idea. See Veedrock, I told you we'd work something out.

Change is inevitable.

Old 01-11-2013, 08:58 PM   #74
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Quote:
I talked with Rx about getting an official x360a gamerpic on the LIVE Marketplace, and he will follow up with MS. Due to vacations and such, it won't be until February, but it is on our to-do list.
Fantastic news! I'd love to replace my old Bad Company 1 smiley-face-grenade gamerpic.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:01 PM   #75
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
I can't even keep up with all the posts you guys are making into this thread. I got other things to do too!

Quote:
This is what I was going to say as well. We shouldn't give others more benefits than others since subscribers get all the same perks if you pay $10/mo or $25/mo. Just different forum award.

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Old 01-11-2013, 09:08 PM   #76
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Quote:
See Veedrock, I told you we'd work something out.
I blame you for making me think about this instead of just letting me shoot down other ideas

Quote:

Old 01-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #77
ExtremeRugburn

Extreme Rugburn's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I have X360A in my motto on xbox live and the name, a description and web address of the site in my Bio so that anyone who looks sees it. I get alot of messages from people who are curious and refer them here.
Old 01-11-2013, 10:18 PM   #78
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
How wold this factor into the current proposal?

Would all reps get one, if so I would so rock that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiral 462 View Post
Ha! I really wouldn't mind donkey punching Darkest of Days right now. This game is just really hard to stay focused on.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:57 AM   #79
Wii187

Finagles's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
How wold this factor into the current proposal?

Would all reps get one, if so I would so rock that!
I'm pretty sure anyone could pick one up with MSP once available. One possible correlation to the porposal would be if someone purchases and uses the x360a gamerpic, they could be officially considered a rep without changing their tag (if they pass all other restriction of course).

Last edited by Wii187; 01-12-2013 at 01:00 AM.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:57 AM   #80
Jappe XBA

Send a message via Skype™ to Jappe XBA

Jappe XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   GSL 12 Winner   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Donator - Level 3   Submit - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Gold   Staff Club - Jappe x360a   Staff Club - Minty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wii187 View Post
I'm pretty sure anyone could pick one up with MSP once available. One possible correlation to the porposal would be if someone purchases and uses the x360a gamerpic, they could be officially considered a rep without changing their tag (if they pass all other restriction of course).
I like to change my gamerpic every now and then. Mostly once in a month or so. This would probably happen with the x360a picture as well with people who would be accepted as Representers and then just change the picture to something else. If we were to have someone go through the Representers gamertag list every now and then to verify that they are still using the samr gamerpic/motto/bio, this could work. But I'm signing my name out of that duty

Microsoft Fanboy:
Xbox One 500GB (Day One Edition <3) Xbox 360 4GB + 320GB (NTSC) Xbox 360 E 250GB (PAL)
Xbox 360 E 250GB (NTSC-J) Nokia Lumia 1020 (WP8) Windows 8.1 Pro
Old 01-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #81
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
I like to change my gamerpic every now and then. Mostly once in a month or so. This would probably happen with the x360a picture as well with people who would be accepted as Representers and then just change the picture to something else. If we were to have someone go through the Representers gamertag list every now and then to verify that they are still using the samr gamerpic/motto/bio, this could work. But I'm signing my name out of that duty
I haven't changed my pic in almost two years. However, just like mottos and such that are easy to modify, checking that is something it is straight forward albeit a tad time consuming. You can always ask for volunteers to help like I do in the Subscriber forum with stuff. Generally someone has time.

To address an earlier question, yes, the idea behind getting the gamerpic available would be that anyone sporting that pic could sign up to be vetted as a representer without having to change their gamertag.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:17 PM   #82
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Quote:
To address an earlier question, yes, the idea behind getting the gamerpic available would be that anyone sporting that pic could sign up to be vetted as a representer without having to change their gamertag.
So is this discussion on hold until we hear from Rx? If not, can we get a comment from you or Jappe about the recent suggestion?

Quote:

Last edited by Veedrock; 01-12-2013 at 01:28 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:25 PM   #83
Grifter Reborn

Quote:
So is this discussion on hold until we hear from Rx?
I would think the gamerpic would be on hold until then much like the merchandise/tattoo idea is. We can probably still move forward with the hardcore versus regular idea.

Change is inevitable.

Old 01-12-2013, 01:36 PM   #84
Cl Chaos

CL Chaos's Gamercard
if they do want to change the gt but can't afford to you can always get ppl to complain about your gt then u will b asked to change it, you won't get banned and new ppl can change thief gt once for free.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #85
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cl Chaos View Post
if they do want to change the gt but can't afford to you can always get ppl to complain about your gt then u will b asked to change it, you won't get banned and new ppl can change thief gt once for free.
its hardly a process that you want your site's representers to be involved in though. its very shady and could end up getting people in trouble, somehow.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:17 PM   #86
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
I would think the gamerpic would be on hold until then much like the merchandise/tattoo idea is. We can probably still move forward with the hardcore versus regular idea.
That is correct.

Quote:
This is not an accurate statement. You will only get a forced name change if people report you AND your current gamertag is a violation of the Code of Conduct. When I worked on the Enforcement Team, I actually checked my personal complaint history and I had several thousand complaints against my gamertag and profile, but they were all marked as "inaccurate" and I had never once had any enforcement action taken against me. Generally they were from people who lost to me in strategy games and didn't appreciate that they actually needed skill to beat me, not just piss and vinegar.

Old 01-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #87
kyboy

Send a message via Yahoo to kyboy

xZombieROBx's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I don't wana change my gamertag because I love it, but I'm constantly telling people to come join, be part of the community, It's free.. I've probably told about 100 people or more about the site.. an I also have xbox360achievements.org in my Bio

Edit: I also have 21 completed games...

Thanks to DethHolly for the "Super" sig!!

Last edited by kyboy; 01-12-2013 at 02:31 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:31 PM   #88
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jappe x360a View Post
But I'm signing my name out of that duty
Im on the site.....alot.....like this is my facebook. SO I would volunteer if needed.

Quote:
Awesome.....will be watching this thread like a hawk till you guys implement this new idea. Consider me signed up to be at least silver and would give up my beloved 49ers gamer pic for one for the site. Just so you know.... I'm so bad at Halo 4 people will notice your gamer pic....who doesn't look at the GT for the guy who goes 4-20 in big team battle, am I right?

Quote:
That is horrible advice....please no one listen or attempt this.

Quote:
Ha! I really wouldn't mind donkey punching Darkest of Days right now. This game is just really hard to stay focused on.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #89
Grifter Reborn

For those in the ongoing discussions who've missed a few posts (or those just now joining in) here's a little recap:

The original "3-tier proposal" (gold/silver/bronze) is still up for discussion and would need to reflect the latest revelation that all tiers would share the same benefits. (only an award color is the difference)

In light of this, Veedrock and I are sporting a new proposal that currently looks like this:

"Regular":
- 100,000 gamerscore, x360a stuff in XBL profile OR 1 year membership on x360a with 1,000 non-spam posts, x360a stuff in XBL profile

"Hardcore":

Both with the same benefits. (note: the pics are placeholders, not actual awards)

Please give feedback on these ideas so we can continue moving forward!

Change is inevitable.

Last edited by Grifter Reborn; 01-12-2013 at 03:07 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:04 PM   #90
Spanish Assault

Quote:
For those in the ongoing discussions who've missed a few posts (or those just now joining in) here's a little recap:

The original "3-tier proposal" (gold/silver/bronze) is still up for discussion and would need to reflect the latest revelation that all tiers would share the same benefits. (only an award color is the difference)

In light of this, Veedrock and I are sporting a new proposal that currently looks like this:

"Regular":
- 100,000 gamerscore, x360a stuff in profile OR 1 year membership on x360a with 1,000 non-spam posts, x360a stuff in profile

"Hardcore":

Both with the same benefits. (note: the pics are placeholders, not actual awards)

Please give feedback on these ideas so we can continue moving forward!
I love this one and the pics are awesome. Rewarding people who sub or just have 100k GS is a great idea. Honestly if it wasn't for the site I wouldn't even be close.

Quote:
Closed Thread