PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Tomb Raider
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-10-2013, 12:48 AM   #1
bryson 06

bryson 06's Gamercard
Unhappy Multiplayer Achievements Confirmed

@4:00 Entrapment for 10G

Boo! Now we are forced to play this tacked on multiplayer if we want to complete the game. I had no problem with them adding the mode if we didnt need to play it to complete the game. Was hoping for something like Dead Space 2.

Friend Requests without a message, will be ignored.
bryson 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
This isn't confirmation of MP achievement at all.
At 3:55 you see the player plant a snare, when they go back up the stairs you can see a player crouched over and undoing themselves.
I'm assuming Entrapment just requires snaring an enemy. This sounds like it could easily be unlocked in both SP and MP.
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:58 PM   #3
Takamura Bear

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Yeah, we don't know if that was that an actual MP achievement or not until proper confirmation.
Old 01-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #4
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Of 87 View Post
I'm assuming Entrapment just requires snaring an enemy. This sounds like it could easily be unlocked in both SP and MP.
Of course, that's assuming snaring an enemy is an option in SP to begin with. I've been avoiding watching too much SP gameplay footage, as the game is short enough as it is (I don't want to ruin it by watching too much before hand) so maybe it's already been shown as an option in SP. But without knowing for sure, the way I see it, it's not inconceivable that certain actions in MP would be unavailable in SP (and vice-versa), seeing they were developed by different groups.

And undoubtedly, if there are 60 MP levels, and you unlock characters by leveling up, I'm sure Lara would be unlocked at 60, which would be an achievement for sure. On a side note to that, if that is the case, at least there won't be tons of Laras running around every game, as I'm not sure a whole lot of people will stick with MP long enough to get that high up. :P
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:33 AM   #5
Lbrun12415

Send a message via AIM to Lbrun12415 Send a message via Yahoo to Lbrun12415

No Dice Soldier's Gamercard
http://www.wikiraider.com/index.php/...)/Achievements
Lbrun12415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #6
KuShNsTieN
Banned User

KuShNsTieN's Gamercard
Seems... Boostable!
KuShNsTieN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #7
Hurricane Of 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbrun12415 View Post
A wiki article, guess that confirms it then.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:29 PM   #8
JohnnyBoosh

Send a message via ICQ to JohnnyBoosh

subject j80's Gamercard
An achievement pops called "Sole Survivor" on the GameSpot multi-player walkthrough..

http://uk.gamespot.com/tomb-raider-2...aider-6402206/
@ 0:25
JohnnyBoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 11:39 PM   #9
jordan1979

What a crap list and not a good sign for the game. 50% interactive cutscene, 50% CODCrap.
jordan1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:59 AM   #10
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Well the achievement list is out.. and there's plenty of MP achievements.. get to lvl 60 is one.. i am kinda sick of the multiplayer being added to dominantly single player games. and if that video is the final product.. that looks like shit

on a side note... Hurricane of 87, your avatar pic.. I actually have that knife set

Last edited by Xenolith666; 01-19-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:27 AM   #11
bryson 06

bryson 06's Gamercard
Between all the mp achievements and the campaign is only 10 hours long (confirmed by devs.). This is definitely going to be a "wait for price drop or used."

With the decisions that are being made here, Im just not seeing anything worth $60. Im an avid gamer, but im also cheap as hell, a game has to really be worth it to pay full price. Good achievement list, good gameplay, lots of single player content (see Far Cry 3 as ideal example).

I will be waiting on this one. Disappointed with too many different things.

Friend Requests without a message, will be ignored.
bryson 06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 02:12 AM   #12
SmarmySmurf

SmarmySmurf's Gamercard
I'm not saying I'll never play it, but... huge fan from the very first game. Just cancelled my pre-order. The signs were all there before this, but this is that final straw. If I play it, it will be on a backup GT and will be used or rented. I can't in good consciousness encourage and reward a direction so diametrically opposed to what I want from the series with my money. I'd rather the series fade away and die so new series' were made than to see Lara relegated to a Nathan Drake wannabe. I feel really guilty for buying GoL now, even if it was decent. I actually believed their "its just a spin off, it won't change TR" lies. This is the biggest kick in the gut since Dreamcast died.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:15 AM   #13
aspa

a s p a's Gamercard
Just checked the achievements and noticed all the mp stuff. WTF WHY!?
aspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:01 AM   #14
Takamura Bear

^ You smart bots are becoming way too obvious lately. Hint: copying words from a person's post and using one of those crappy images at the end of each post = dead giveaway.

OT: Nothing worse than grinding to reach a max level in a tacked on MP mode in a game that doesn't even need it. It's like the developers put in these MP achievements just so people have an excuse to actually play it.
Old 01-19-2013, 03:15 AM   #15
CelticWarriorDB

CelticWarriorDB's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Bear View Post

OT: Nothing worse than grinding to reach a max level in a tacked on MP mode in a game that doesn't even need it. It's like the developers put in these MP achievements just so people have an excuse to actually play it.
Yeah, because developers would never want people to actually play something that they put into the game :
Old 01-19-2013, 04:32 AM   #16
Takamura Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticWarriorDB View Post
Yeah, because developers would never want people to actually play something that they put into the game :
I think you may have read my post in a different way, so I will explain to you what I meant.

My point was if there were no MP achievements for this game then not many people would even bother playing this tacked on MP at all. It's understandable and almost compulsory for games like Halo and Battlefield to have them. But Tomb Raider? No.

It personally doesn't change my feelings and potentially how much I will or will not enjoy the single player portion of the game when it's released. But I can't help but feel the developers in this case have purposely created a list of grinding achievements just so people have an excuse to want to put in the hours to even play it in the first place.

Do you see what I'm trying to say here?
Old 01-19-2013, 04:34 AM   #17
Snowed

Snowed's Gamercard
I was fine with all of them until the level 60 one. The multiplayer looks awful. Probably be alright to play for an hour or two but then you'd just hate it. Then what, grind for 50 hours.
Old 01-19-2013, 06:43 AM   #18
red_hammer

R3DH4MM3R's Gamercard
Oh noes... not another SP game fully loaded with MP BS...
Was so looking forward to this... preorder cancelled, gonna rent it and play the story on my 2nd GT *sigh*
Omerta - City of Gangsters (02/1/13 - 05:40pm GMT)

Completed retail: 33

red_hammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 12:15 PM   #19
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

It's not even like the presence of MP achievements is the whole problem. The WHOLE list is a massive pile of collection/ do this x amount of times/ unlock all etc etc. The worst list I've seen for a hugely long time!
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #20
maniacpoodle

maniacpoodle's Gamercard
Aw, man.. Way too much focus on the MP achievements. But I'm keeping my pre-order of the Survival Edition so I can enjoy the crap out of the single player part! :3
maniacpoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 03:57 PM   #21
jordan1979

Apparently the campaign is one of the most on-rails ever seen, a long cutscene.
jordan1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 04:15 PM   #22
Russman

russman128's Gamercard
If you want them to learn their lesson for putting a pointless MP in the game, then complain with your wallets and don't buy the game. They will learn in time.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #23
Walecs360

walecs360's Gamercard
Wait, this game has multiplayer? O.o

It's a surprise for me.
Walecs360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 05:54 PM   #24
Hurricane Of 87

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan1979 View Post
Apparently the campaign is one of the most on-rails ever seen, a long cutscene.
Funny how you say this after multiplayer achievement have been confirmed, in the multiplayer achievements thread as opposed to to the multitude of SP videos featuring orchestrated puzzles, QTEs and linear platforming they been putting out for months.

@Takamura Bear: I actually feel the otherway around. CoD holds such a lions share of the online player market that they don't need to encourage people to play their MP because that's primarily what people play it for anyway.

I fully expected a max levelling achievement since (game quality aside) this would encourage the maximum amount of players to play for as long as possible. Seems like standard practice to me for franchises just dipping their toes into MP for the first time.
(Assassins Creed Brotherhood, Hybrid (Prestige 6 bloody times!), Max Payne 3, Crysis 2, etc.)
I'm honestly surprised Spec Ops: The Line didn't have any MP ones regardless of how literally tacked-on/contractually obligated it was.

@Xenolith666 - Oh, I thought it was just some concept art!
Old 01-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #25
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Ehhh, they're in a time where people will only buy games if it has MP in it.
It looks gorgeous and I might just buy it for SP... but MP wouldn't hurt for when i finish SP

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #26
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Road Map - Silver   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Nope.. set I have actually has a knife sticking out of the guys head as well.. it's a good knife set too! Found it in a place in Key West, FL

As for the MP of this game.. watching the video it looks like a shitty, poorman's Uncharted.

More and more SP games are adding MP.. like you mentioned Assassin's Creed.. I played Brotherhood.. skipped the Revelations.. might play this latest one since they toned down the MP achievements a bit. I'm a completionist, but I play certain games for the MP, like Halo, COD, or Gears.. I don't play games like this for the frikin crappy MP.

Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #27
aspa

a s p a's Gamercard
Can't wait for them to announce all those glorious map packs. [/sarcasm]
aspa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #28
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/86dd :P
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 09:13 PM   #29
pined5551

Traveller Nick's Gamercard

Quote:
I'm honestly surprised Spec Ops: The Line didn't have any MP ones regardless of how literally tacked-on/contractually obligated it was.
I think that was the point behind no achievements for it. The developers wanted to do it less the the consumers wanted it. Thus, it was bolted on with very little development put into it simply to 'tick a box'. The developers themselves said it was 'cancerous garbage' and said not to play it and that they were sorry they had to include it.
pined5551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 02:02 AM   #30
CelticWarriorDB

CelticWarriorDB's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Bear View Post
I think you may have read my post in a different way, so I will explain to you what I meant.

My point was if there were no MP achievements for this game then not many people would even bother playing this tacked on MP at all. It's understandable and almost compulsory for games like Halo and Battlefield to have them. But Tomb Raider? No.

It personally doesn't change my feelings and potentially how much I will or will not enjoy the single player portion of the game when it's released. But I can't help but feel the developers in this case have purposely created a list of grinding achievements just so people have an excuse to want to put in the hours to even play it in the first place.

Do you see what I'm trying to say here?
I know what you were trying to say, and you're just assuming that they've just tacked on MP and put achievements on it as an excuse to play it, yet you don't know that at all for a fact. Maybe they actually think it will work, and people will like it. That's how games with MP are formed to begin with. Nobody ever knows whether their MP will work or not, that's why they have to TRY.

When the game comes out and ends up being nothing special, then you can say that they most likely tacked it on.