PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Adventure > Tomb Raider
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-23-2013, 11:17 PM   #61
Takamura Bear

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The opinion is certainly divided on the subject of MP in Tomb Raider and the achievements, more so on here than I have seen in quite a while to be honest.

I hope the game is good and sells well regardless, and the worries we all have for the multiplayer won't be as bad as we imagine.
Old 01-24-2013, 04:12 AM   #62
jswartz0181

Send a message via AIM to jswartz0181 Send a message via MSN to jswartz0181 Send a message via Yahoo to jswartz0181

JSwartz0181's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Bear View Post
The opinion is certainly divided on the subject of MP in Tomb Raider and the achievements, more so on here than I have seen in quite a while to be honest.
A natural fact for a site that's effectively for people who care about said achievements. :P
jswartz0181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:23 AM   #63
Homaz

Send a message via ICQ to Homaz Send a message via Skype™ to Homaz

A7 Homaz's Gamercard
I hate multiplayer achievements. You always need some friends with the game and will to play for the achievements -_-'

Homaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 07:44 PM   #64
ZedChuva

ZedChuva's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryson 06 View Post
Boo! Now we are forced to play this tacked on multiplayer if we want to complete the game.
You can still complete the game, and not play multiplayer. I know you meant 100% the game, but I'm sick of people whining, "Oh, now the game is going to suck, cause there are MP cheeves." Hey, I hate them too... shit, I hate MP, so I don't play it. Not the end of the world. If the game is good, then MP be damned. If the game feels shorted, then damn MP.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:45 PM   #65
Xenolith666

Xenolith666's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Never Final   Staff Club - Gackt   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Gold   Micro Guide - Silver   1,000 Posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Someone mentioned the fact that Mass Effect 3 had the addition of multiplayer.. first off.. that is not multiplayer.. that's ME's answer to horde mode.. there's no competitive play against other players. 2 different things.

Also between Dead Space 2 adding mp (but no achievements thankfully) which was fine.. DS2 was a fun game without it. now in DS3 you have to have an online pass to 1k the game with the addition of co-op and lack of split screen. Devs are basically holding achievements hostage and forcing you to either buy the game new, or buy a pass.

Last edited by Xenolith666; 01-26-2013 at 09:49 PM.
Xenolith666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 11:21 PM   #66
SmarmySmurf

SmarmySmurf's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedChuva View Post
You can still complete the game, and not play multiplayer. I know you meant 100% the game, but I'm sick of people whining, "Oh, now the game is going to suck, cause there are MP cheeves." Hey, I hate them too... shit, I hate MP, so I don't play it. Not the end of the world. If the game is good, then MP be damned. If the game feels shorted, then damn MP.
It's not the end of the world if we whine and choose not to buy the game, either. Maybe some of us are sick of you "get over it" types popping up in every discussion and comments section to tell us what whiny nerds we are for caring, and how we are making a huge mistake if we dare to exercise discretion with our own money. Just a thought (nothing personal).
Old 01-27-2013, 11:20 PM   #67
Suki

I'm not happy about the mp ach's but a lot of games have them now, AC3 needs u to get to lvl 20 which takes a few hours so if u want the 1000 u have to play the mp for at least a couple of hours and its pretty different type of mp and its pretty good to be honest. But then these a hole devs must of said fuck that we want the paying players to be on this mp shite forever trying to get the 1000, make it lvl 60. Because of this cancel my pre and will skip this game.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:41 AM   #68
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suki View Post
I'm not happy about the mp ach's but a lot of games have them now, AC3 needs u to get to lvl 20 which takes a few hours so if u want the 1000 u have to play the mp for at least a couple of hours and its pretty different type of mp and its pretty good to be honest. But then these a hole devs must of said fuck that we want the paying players to be on this mp shite forever trying to get the 1000, make it lvl 60. Because of this cancel my pre and will skip this game.
Pretty much that.

I won't skip the game entirely. But I sure as hell won't pay full price for it. One of the few games I'll actively look to get used so I don't give the Dev any of my money. Enough is enough with the forciing every game to have MP crap.

Like I said before. The only way I can truly voice my opinion to Crystal Dynamics is to not buy it. So that's what I'm doing. Dead Space 3 and Metro will get my money now.

Thanks Rajeanero for the awesome work.
Wildmn34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 09:24 AM   #69
d0ct0rscarecr0w

d0ct0rscarecr0w's Gamercard

I'm not sure why I'm even in this theard since I can neither play multiplayer (60 dollar wireless adaptor + 60 dollar yearly fee? no thanks!) nor care about 100 percenting achievement. However, I'm glad I came here because I think I'll cancel my pre-order as well.

considering the campaign is short and they seem to have focused so much time on a multiplayer function I don't care about I definitely don't want to pay full price.

Probably get it on Ebay for like 20 bucks in a few months.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:14 PM   #70
Shadow Austin 317

Shadow Austin's Gamercard
Personally I don't understand why people complain about mp before even having played it. I also I think that people who say boo mp because its a predominately a single player franchise are just setting it up to fail and will be stuck in that mindset. I do however, understand that it makes that much harder to 100% on that same note though I feel like 100% should be for the ENTIRE game not just one part of it.
Shadow Austin 317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 12:54 AM   #71
d0ct0rscarecr0w

d0ct0rscarecr0w's Gamercard

Man the people at my gamestop are so awesome. They told me that if I get it used instead from them a month or so later that they will still include the pre-order bonuses for me (probably because I go there so much).
Old 02-06-2013, 06:07 PM   #72
Buzz VII

Buzz VII's Gamercard
I HATE MP achievements. Especially for a mainly SP game. I don't see the use of MP, not everyone likes it and it makes it a pain to complete the game.

I've heard it both ways
Buzz VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:10 PM   #73
Buzz VII

Buzz VII's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homaz View Post
I hate multiplayer achievements. You always need some friends with the game and will to play for the achievements -_-'
I know! It's a pain to try and get a group to play that all want to play. MP achievements are so annoying.

I've heard it both ways
Buzz VII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:31 PM   #74
DEG23
Robot Mode: Engaged

DEG23 x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Donator - Level 5   CABS Beta Tester   Staff - Moderator   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Staff Club - Rajeanero   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Minty   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Staff Club - Shinobi273
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZedChuva View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Austin 317 View Post
Personally I don't understand why people complain about mp before even having played it. I also I think that people who say boo mp because its a predominately a single player franchise are just setting it up to fail and will be stuck in that mindset. I do however, understand that it makes that much harder to 100% on that same note though I feel like 100% should be for the ENTIRE game not just one part of it.
The reason many people, myself included, complain is because MP takes away time and resources from the SP experience. There are many games out there like the battlefield series that are primarily MP games and always have been, but when you look at games like Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect 3 and now Tomb Raider, that became popular games because of their SP, that then go ahead an add MP in the sequels, there is a definite drop in the SP experience.

I have no problem with MP and i couldn't care less about achievements, but i cancelled my pre-order after i heard about the MP simply because i am going to wait to see what others say about the SP experience before i go out and pay full price. I would rather have a fulfilling SP experience or an amazing MP experience, but what i don't want is a game that has a decent but short SP and an MP experience that feels tacked on.
DEG23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 12:11 AM   #75
Wildmn34

Wildmn34's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Austin 317 View Post
It has nothing to do with 100% for me.

Rather a Tomb Raider game should have a 20+ SP campaign. My fear is with the jammed in MP the SP campaign will now be around 10 hours or so. I'm sorry, I'm not going to pay $60 for a 10 hour campaign when I have no interest at all in playing the MP. It doesn't make sense cost wise.

As Deg said, there are games that are MP and we expect them to be MP focuses. Most FPS, Sports games, etc But when a traditionally SP game goes out of their way to jam a MP down my throat then nope not going to buy it.

Also, Crystal Dynamics has said there would be no demo for the game because they don't want to ruin the story. Fair enough. But, everyone that is complaining about the game is complaining about the MP. Why not have a demo for that? Then we can play it and make up our mind before it's released. But, they know it's not going to go over well so they want you to pay $60 to realize it's not good.

Thanks Rajeanero for the awesome work.
Wildmn34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:57 AM   #76
Colmarr

CovetousCash64's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenolith666 View Post
Someone mentioned the fact that Mass Effect 3 had the addition of multiplayer.. first off.. that is not multiplayer.. that's ME's answer to horde mode.. there's no competitive play against other players. 2 different things.
I'm not sure which part of "multi" and "player" lost you, but ME3's online mode sure as hell is multiplayer. It's right there is the name.

If what you mean to say is that ME3's co-operative multiplayer is a different beast to TR's competitive/vs multiplayer, then say that.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:51 PM   #77
cjdavies

cjdavies82's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticWarriorDB View Post
However that is what you think. That doesn't mean that everybody thinks that way, and that doesn't mean that developers should be catering to just one specific mindset. A lot of people enjoy playing AC online, for example. Hell I know someone in real life that finds it really fun, and it's her favorite MP online game. Why can't that be left alone for people like her that enjoy it, and the people that don't can just ignore it and move on?
+1 I enjoy the AC MP, didn't in Brotherhood - never understood it, but Revelations give it a chance and read a Wiki Guide to understand it first before playing, it was unique and loved it, it wasn't your standard K/D wins the round. I have never paid full price for a game before but AC3 I did as I was more excited for the MP than the SP! I have played 53 hours and 35 minutes of MP, only renewed Gold (short term) for this. I ain't a fan of shooter MP, only Horde mode in Gears of 2 and 3.

I have read your posts and I agree with every point you made, and I will give the MP a chance in this game, same as others in the past like: Gears of War 2 Horde mode, Red Dead Redemption and AC - enjoyed.

Reading a few posts, not just this game, most complain about the MP achievements rather than the MP itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DEG23 View Post
The reason many people, myself included, complain is because MP takes away time and resources from the SP experience. There are many games out there like the battlefield series that are primarily MP games and always have been, but when you look at games like Assassin's Creed, Mass Effect 3 and now Tomb Raider, that became popular games because of their SP, that then go ahead an add MP in the sequels, there is a definite drop in the SP experience.

I have no problem with MP and i couldn't care less about achievements, but i cancelled my pre-order after i heard about the MP simply because i am going to wait to see what others say about the SP experience before i go out and pay full price. I would rather have a fulfilling SP experience or an amazing MP experience, but what i don't want is a game that has a decent but short SP and an MP experience that feels tacked on.
Paragraph 1: Both ME3 and AC3 I didn't feel a drop in the SP experience, AC3 I played the SP for 70 hours and 51 minutes - this includes replaying missions at the end for 100% Sync at the end when finished.

However Saints Row 2 had MP and lot more activities than Saints Row 3 that doesn't have MP.

Paragraph 2: You have a point there, example I want to play/buy Spec Ops The Line, enjoyed demo, but heard the SP is too short and MP shooter as said not for me, so waiting for a price drop.

Last edited by cjdavies; 02-14-2013 at 09:17 PM.
cjdavies is offline   Reply With Quote