PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Racing > Zombie Driver HD
Subscribe    Donate

Old 04-07-2013, 11:06 PM   #1
Bahaumaut

Bahaumaut's Gamercard
Thumbs down Avoid

As it says.

Avoid this game like the plague. A zombie plague.

This piece of *scratch*is horrid, especially the race mode. I can't even count how many times my car gets flipped around, 180, by another rider just touching me. Of course, they don't follow the same broken physics. It turns what could be a mildly enjoyable game into a furniture-breaking aggrivating pile of junk.

The developers of this trash should publicly suicide on television as a warning to other game developers. If not, slow, long-drawn public execution is warranted. To encourage the others not to shove their *scratch* into this universe.

AM WILLING TO HELP WITH OTHER ACHIEVES

Send messages to inquire. Some games I no longer have. Ones I have I can help with.
Please include information in the message, and not just a friend request.
Gamertag: "Bahaumaut"
East Coast, USA (EST/EDT timezone)
Available gaming/boosting times:
Weekdays: 7:00PM - 12:00PM (EST/EDT)
Weekends: Generally all day (EST/EDT)
Bahaumaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 01:55 AM   #2
DMV

xHTCx Enforcer's Gamercard
What part is giving you trouble? Or did you call it quits?

Job's Never Done, There's Always A Game That I Need/Want To Try Out, And Achievements That Need To Be.... Achieved
DMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2013, 10:25 PM   #3
tunaleg

Tunaleg's Gamercard
I think the story and slaughter modes are great but yes, the races do suck. The last little paragraph you wrote there makes you look like a piece of shit though.
tunaleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:23 AM   #4
JCDRANZER

JCDRANZER's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tunaleg View Post
I think the story and slaughter modes are great but yes, the races do suck. The last little paragraph you wrote there makes you look like a piece of shit though.
I have to got to agree on that, at least it's not as bad as War Z. That last paragraph is not needed to get you're point across, it just makes you seem immature.

Anyways, I came to this section of the forum to actually see if this game is any good because I was thinking about getting it when it goes on sale next week and after seeing this thread topic, I really don't know.
JCDRANZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 12:12 PM   #5
EloyOn

EloyOn's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCDRANZER View Post
Anyways, I came to this section of the forum to actually see if this game is any good because I was thinking about getting it when it goes on sale next week and after seeing this thread topic, I really don't know.
Yes, same here. Anyways you can't judge a game just because a single individual is whinin' about it. There is also a thread similar as this one in the Puzzle Quest forum and I enjoyed quite a LOT that game.
EloyOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 02:03 AM   #6
DMV

xHTCx Enforcer's Gamercard
You should download the demo first. Overall, the achievements aren't that much of a pain. I played on and off when I got the game around early November last year and took me 2 weeks to get it all done, so it's not hard at all. Just a matter of understanding the game. Definitely look at the Achievements Guide on this forum.

Job's Never Done, There's Always A Game That I Need/Want To Try Out, And Achievements That Need To Be.... Achieved
DMV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:56 AM   #7
TigerGenocide

wurmw00d's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCDRANZER View Post

Same here. Though even if it is does leave a lot to be desired, 400MS is good deal imo.

"A smile is the light in your window that tells others that there is a caring, sharing person inside." - Denis Waitley

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!

TigerGenocide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 12:30 AM   #8
Bahaumaut

Bahaumaut's Gamercard
Because I'm apparently masochistic, I eventually did complete it a bit after my post. Which was catharic, in a way nothing else was at the time. Not even going to bother to check the datestamp for this crap.

I'm getting tired of crap games, though. And the problem that was the races were just that. It was mostly in the physics. There were apparently two systems: the one for your car, and the one for everything else. If your front corner touched the front corner of another car, you'd end up flipping in front of them, or doing a complete 180. A perfect 180 half of the time. The other cars shrugged it off like nothing.

Mind you, this was even with the super car, which was literally built to be like a tank, without actually being the tank. A pinto could push you around, then just pin you against the wall in the AI's vain attempt to reach the finish line by going straight forward.

The races were very badly done, and totally soured my view on this game. Even the campaign wore thin with issues. Another one of them being that, sometimes, moving in reverse will occasonally NOT reverse the controls of your wheels, thus turning you the opposite way and further getting you trapped wherever the hell it made you get stuck. I'm even certain it froze on me near the end of a rather hard mission, when I would have completed both it and the secondary.

As I said, I was totally soured on this game. The sad thing was, first ten stages or so of the campaign, it actually seemed like fun. Remember that when you look back fondly on the demo.

AM WILLING TO HELP WITH OTHER ACHIEVES

Send messages to inquire. Some games I no longer have. Ones I have I can help with.
Please include information in the message, and not just a friend request.
Gamertag: "Bahaumaut"
East Coast, USA (EST/EDT timezone)
Available gaming/boosting times:
Weekdays: 7:00PM - 12:00PM (EST/EDT)
Weekends: Generally all day (EST/EDT)
Bahaumaut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:52 PM   #9
inmate00187

inmate00187's Gamercard
Have to agree completely with Bah. First half of story was fun, then you notice the physics problems. Even leveling up your cars doesn't help, in somecases, like the sports car, it actually gets worse. The races are somehow even worse. You can't corner for crap in any vehicle, including the hot rod and super car, and in a driving game, I'd say that handeling should betop priority. The AI definitely works together to stick it right in your ass in races. Aside from the 180 random turns, I've been spawned on top of other cars and they on me making it impossible to move. I've seen the AI cars drive through houses and barriers that I can't even get through the fence on. And I have to mention the repeated times I've been flipped into an out of bounds area, that traps you there until you restart.
Bottom line: find something worth playing; this is shit.
inmate00187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:41 AM   #10
Rossco7530

Rossco7530's Gamercard
While I don't condone the message, I absolutely agree with the OP's sentiment. His frustration should be an alarm bell for everyone.

This is the most annoying, frustrating, un-enjoyable game on my xbox. Races are purely luck. Controls are terrible - this is supposed to be, at it's core, a racing game, right? Graphics are so bad and spin around so much that they have an epilepsy warning at the start of the game.

Please, do not encourage them... DO NOT BUY THIS GAME.

On a side note, there is no way this is a 4/10 for an average gamer.

On another side note, at least Bahaumaut is on top of the leaderboard for this game as of now!
Rossco7530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 06:02 PM   #11
osakamitsu

osakamitsu's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
You should download the demo first. Overall, the achievements aren't that much of a pain. I played on and off when I got the game around early November last year and took me 2 weeks to get it all done, so it's not hard at all. Just a matter of understanding the game. Definitely look at the Achievements Guide on this forum.
I understand the game perfectly well. Blood achievements are pretty dumb. You must have super powers....
Old 02-01-2015, 11:41 PM   #12
zarda1

Zarda1's Gamercard
This is also the exact way I feel about the game. Don't buy it, that's my recommendation. Its not a great game and it gets cheap during the races.
zarda1 is offline   Reply With Quote