PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > The Darkness 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 08-23-2012, 06:22 PM   #1
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Rental?

Hmm this doesn't seem like a very active forum..

Anyway, i'm planning on renting this tomorrow to play over the weekend. I assume this is easily beatable in that time going by the roadmap, but considering I can probably find the game preowned for not that much more, should this be a rental or is the replay-in-6-months value high enough to warrant a purchase?

I never played the first game. Is that a disadvatnage when it comes to the story and lore?

"Everything we've ever known. It's all hanging by a thread."

Razor's EdgeDark WitnessRequiem

Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #2
Skorpion XBA
Prepping for Battle

Skorpion XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Platinum   Staff Club - Tyger7   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Family Corner Challenge Club - Tier 2   XBA Representer   You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Bronze   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
It doesn't take long at all to get the full 1000 GS. The only problem I had was the Dolfo mini game (shooting 13 bottles in 10 seconds). Overall I enjoyed the game, but not enough to buy. I rented it and had it sent back within two days.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:08 PM   #3
Number 1 Greg

my naddy pwnd u's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivercurse View Post
Hmm this doesn't seem like a very active forum..

Anyway, i'm planning on renting this tomorrow to play over the weekend. I assume this is easily beatable in that time going by the roadmap, but considering I can probably find the game preowned for not that much more, should this be a rental or is the replay-in-6-months value high enough to warrant a purchase?

I never played the first game. Is that a disadvatnage when it comes to the story and lore?
I know I'm super late on this, but maybe someone else will be thinking the same thing and check the thread out...

for the price this game goes for new I'd just buy it....I think you could play this without playing the first, they do an AWESOME introduction recapping the first game at the beginning, but I think the experience would be better playing the first.
Number 1 Greg is offline   Reply With Quote