PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Dynasty Warriors 7
Subscribe    Donate

Old 11-02-2011, 06:30 AM   #1
isis21

Axedriver's Gamercard
Poll: Koei Warriors 4 Ever

Who still loves Koei Warriors games despite the haters?
isis21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 09:30 PM   #2
floridafan765

floridafan765's Gamercard
I still enjoy koei warriors games, however, ive been playing since DW2 and it is getting rather stale. ill probably complete DW7 and then sell all my koei warrior games and pick up WO3(assuming it comes out in NA). and then ill just have one koei warrior game summing up all my pleasures in hacking/slashing
Old 11-12-2011, 06:33 AM   #3
isis21

Axedriver's Gamercard
Since 4

Ive been playing since DW 4 and been playing all since then. The WO games were great also. I just have WO 2, SW 2 Empires and DW7 on the 360 and DW 5 empires on Ps2. Your right it does get stale, but at least Koei tried to change the Series with DW 6 and WO.
Old 11-22-2011, 12:18 PM   #4
KayCeaEffahless

Location: Climbing the insurmountable mental peak...Still got a ways to go (. ▽ `.)ノ

Statikc's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Longtime Koei fan here...and despite all the flaming I receive for playing their games, I have NOOO plans of stopping anytime soon
(KOEI WARRIORS FOR LIFE!!)

P.s. on a fun side not I believe their next project is gonna be One Piece....should be pretty interesting to say the least
Old 11-24-2011, 06:02 AM   #5
isis21

Axedriver's Gamercard
Hopeing

I wish Warriors Orochi 3 came to the U.S. The japanese version looks cool (http://koeiwarriors.co.uk/mo2-gameinfo.php). The new Dlc is awesome,
Old 11-25-2011, 10:53 AM   #6
ademlakey

blue hanzo's Gamercard
Ive been playing since DW3XL. Since that ive pretty much bought every dynasty, samurai and warriors orochi game since that. I was hoping that that DW7XL would come to the 360 but its seems its only for ps3.
ademlakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:09 PM   #7
isis21

Axedriver's Gamercard
Boo

Boo ps3

Hopefully we'll get empires
Old 12-08-2011, 03:50 AM   #8
KayCeaEffahless

Location: Climbing the insurmountable mental peak...Still got a ways to go (. ▽ `.)ノ

Statikc's Gamercard

And THAT'S why I own both consoles...plus the PS3 is region free so you can play all that games you want regardless of region..*hint*Musou Orochi 2*hint*
Old 12-09-2011, 02:07 AM   #9
isis21

Axedriver's Gamercard
The Boo

I only said boo cuz i don't own one . Good idea on your part Kaycee, owning both systems. Best of both worlds . How is Dynasty 7 Xtreme Legends?
Old 12-11-2011, 06:37 PM   #10
Speci

Im a lover!
Speci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 02:18 PM   #11
KayCeaEffahless

Statikc's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by isis21 View Post
I only said boo cuz i don't own one . Good idea on your part Kaycee, owning both systems. Best of both worlds . How is Dynasty 7 Xtreme Legends?
It's even more improved than DW7(didn't think it was possible) And the new difficulty nitemare is actually pretty challenging>,>.

Also the next installment of the Koei warriors franchise is slated for a march 2012 release(in Japan). It's One Piece btw and so far it looks pretty good. There's only a small trailer for it now though.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:20 PM   #12
isis21

Axedriver's Gamercard
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayCeaEffahless View Post
It's even more improved than DW7(didn't think it was possible) And the new difficulty nitemare is actually pretty challenging>,>.

Also the next installment of the Koei warriors franchise is slated for a march 2012 release(in Japan). It's One Piece btw and so far it looks pretty good. There's only a small trailer for it now though.
Whats the difference between nightmare and chaos? The Koei games started in Japan, so they get all the new releases first. I dont know anything about One Piece, except it used to be on Cartoon Network like 2/3 years ago.
Old 12-13-2011, 07:22 PM   #13
isis21

Axedriver's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speci View Post
Im a lover!
Give me and the board some insight on your favorite games.
Old 12-15-2011, 12:50 PM   #14
KayCeaEffahless

Statikc's Gamercard

Quote:
Whats the difference between nightmare and chaos? The Koei games started in Japan, so they get all the new releases first. I dont know anything about One Piece, except it used to be on Cartoon Network like 2/3 years ago.
Chaos is still present in the game. Nitemare is the difficulty after it. The enemies are buffed to such a level that even arrows from a normal soldier do a noticeable amount of damage if left alone. Also enemy generals recieve a random perk when they're almost dead(like health recovery,2x attack or defense,etc.). It's still do-able but it wont be a cakewalk like chaos is. You're character has to be MAXED(full everything) if you want to stand a chance. Luckily you can buy stat upgrades to max out any characters stats all the way.

Btw here's the One Piece game I was talking about(Trailer)
Old 12-16-2011, 05:56 PM   #15
isis21

Axedriver's Gamercard
Quote:
Chaos is still present in the game. Nitemare is the difficulty after it. The enemies are buffed to such a level that even arrows from a normal soldier do a noticeable amount of damage if left alone. Also enemy generals recieve a random perk when they're almost dead(like health recovery,2x attack or defense,etc.). It's still do-able but it wont be a cakewalk like chaos is. You're character has to be MAXED(full everything) if you want to stand a chance. Luckily you can buy stat upgrades to max out any characters stats all the way.

One Piece Kaizoku Musou HD official trailer - YouTube
Is buying stats new to DW7XL? Im still not up to Chaos yet, I like to play all my games instead of just one all the time. Zhou Thai and all the story mode characters are the only ones able to beat hard. One Piece looks awesome. Just one problem, it reminds me to much of the Warriors series. Like the music and the action. They could of went a different direction.
Old 12-21-2011, 08:00 AM   #16
KayCeaEffahless

Statikc's Gamercard

Quote:
Is buying stats new to DW7XL? Im still not up to Chaos yet, I like to play all my games instead of just one all the time. Zhou Thai and all the story mode characters are the only ones able to beat hard. One Piece looks awesome. Just one problem, it reminds me to much of the Warriors series. Like the music and the action. They could of went a different direction.
Yeah, buying stats is a new addition in DW7XL. It's nice because you can max out any/all the characters you want. And also since you can max all their stats, ANY character can use ANY weapon with max proficiency(without using a seal).

And I agree that they should've tried to take it in a slightly different direction for One Piece Kaizoku Musou. But it's still too early to judge it yet. Plus the mangaka(writer/creator) of One Piece is helping supervise so maybe they'll tweak it more in his favor.
Old 12-22-2011, 06:35 AM   #17
isis21

Axedriver's Gamercard
Quote:
Yeah, buying stats is a new addition in DW7XL. It's nice because you can max out any/all the characters you want. And also since you can max all their stats, ANY character can use ANY weapon with max proficiency(without using a seal).

And I agree that they should've tried to take it in a slightly different direction for One Piece Kaizoku Musou. But it's still too early to judge it yet. Plus the mangaka(writer/creator) of One Piece is helping supervise so maybe they'll tweak it more in his favor.
The video looks awesome, maybe mangaka will help Koei stay with original content while being innovative. Try throwing in a Rpg element in, like deeper character customization, just a thought.
Old 01-07-2012, 03:08 PM   #18
JCDRANZER

JCDRANZER's Gamercard
Quote:
One Piece Kaizoku Musou HD official trailer - YouTube
Hi KayCeaEffahless, your on my friends list btw.

I am very excited about a One Piece Koei game.....I'm from the UK so its kinda unlikely for the game to be ever released in the UK be it on the PS3 or 360 but if it did, it would be super-awesome if they use the Japanese audio.....I don't really need the English subtitles or the audio...........I rather it NOT have English audio. I'm super freaking huge fan of One Piece, I've been watching it a while now, one of my favourite animes of all time.

However, watching that trailer....I think they will be including the Marine Ford Arc, where Ace starts in jail and leading up to the epic-ness at the Marine Ford, where its pretty much Whitebeard Pirates and a few more pirates including Luffy against the Marines but in this arc, most of the Straw Hat crew don't really participate in it. I think Koei might end up making an original story for One Piece in this game, which would be pretty cool.

I personally think it would be awesome, if Koei started with the very beginning of One Piece and make several games as parts of the One Piece story, which is HUGE in itself.

The chibi Luffy at the end of the trailer, was jokes, it would have been funnier if he spoke a little as well. Considering the chibi-form is an after-effect of using Gear Second.

Oh, I have Dynasty Warriors 7 and its awesome, it has a more personal perspective than the previous games that make it stand out for me.

JCDRANZER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:11 AM   #19
yeshwa

I enjoy them very much.
yeshwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 04:12 PM   #20
Callam001

L01CallamL101's Gamercard
I have been playing since Dynasty Warriors 2. I still like koei i think they make great games. For me Dynasty Warriors 3 was the best game, i put over 100+ hours into that game, maxed every charachter.
Callam001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #21
isis21

Axedriver's Gamercard
Awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callam001 View Post
I have been playing since Dynasty Warriors 2. I still like koei i think they make great games. For me Dynasty Warriors 3 was the best game, i put over 100+ hours into that game, maxed every charachter.
Did you play Xtreme Legends? I personally like the Empires games 4-6 and SW2 Empires. Wow 100+ hours do you still have it or did you sell it?
Old 04-13-2012, 11:29 PM   #22
Skedarr

Skedarr's Gamercard
Played since DW2 and will keep buying them only thing I hope they change is I used to love when every character had its own individual weapon, its on model/stats and the challenges you had to do on each char to be able to unlock that unique weapon, i'd love it if they reimplement that into the next game as I find it rather sad having 8 people using the same weapon because that one is far superior than any of the others, especialy when on the cutscenes they hold there unique weapon. I remember in DW7 some of the main characters whos unique weapon was only a level 3 weapon so it was pointless to use, I realy hope they change it in the next installment.
Skedarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 11:46 PM   #23
AgentOrange330

AgentOrange330's Gamercard
I love the Dynasty Warriors series. I always pick them up when a new one comes out. I've loved Koei for as long as I can remember. Uncharted Waters: New Horizons is one of my all time favorite games...
Well I get up in the morning and I get my brief. I go out and stare at the world in complete disbelief. It's not righteous indignation that makes me complain. It's the fact that I always have to explain. - Van Morrison
AgentOrange330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 02:27 AM   #24
Prime4

H2O HugsNKisses's Gamercard
I've been a fan since my first Dynasty Warriors games, DW5: Empires. I like the Empire versions better, a lot more play ability imo, hope they make one for DW7! I also, think a WO3 Empires would be pretty amazing as well!
Prime4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:08 PM   #25
isis21

Axedriver's Gamercard
Talking Warriors Orochi 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prime4 View Post
I've been a fan since my first Dynasty Warriors games, DW5: Empires. I like the Empire versions better, a lot more play ability imo, hope they make one for DW7! I also, think a WO3 Empires would be pretty amazing as well!
I thought Wo3 is alot better that DW7. The move sets are unique the triple musou is cool, not to mention 130 characters. I did like it, before i played WO3 now i pretty much gave up on it, except for the story mode play through.
I doubt they'll make Warriors Orochi 3 Empires but it is a great thought though. Did you play all the empires games? Your right the play ability of the empires games is gigantic.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:14 PM   #26
MC FRESHNESS

MC FRESHNESS's Gamercard
I'm a big DW fan and I've hardly touched the Wo series. Is Wo better than DW in your opinion?
MC FRESHNESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 06:27 PM   #27
isis21

Axedriver's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by MC FRESHNESS View Post
I'm a big DW fan and I've hardly touched the Wo series. Is Wo better than DW in your opinion?
Definitely, it combines 2 great series and throws them into a blender with guest stars and a great story. Then you get Wo. 3 is really good it has guest stars like achilles, ayana nemea and badass Ryu Hayabusa from ninja gaidenand might i add well over 150 characters to play as. It is japanese audio and english subs so hope youcan read retty fast, lol. I would suggest pick up the previous 2 so ypu know the story. Sorry if i babbled on but i like the series alot. To answer your question 2 words Way Better.
Old 05-19-2012, 04:39 PM   #28
.Wolfie-kun.

Send a message via MSN to .Wolfie-kun.

xCrypticBlazex's Gamercard
I'm a lover! Been playing since DW2 though I only own 3/3: XL, 5:XL (Yes, only XL for some reason, never got the vanilla version for some reason) and WO2. That doesn't mean I haven't played a lot of them though, I rarely get bored of cutting down thousands of soldiers at a time
.Wolfie-kun. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:36 AM   #29
isis21

Axedriver's Gamercard
Attraction

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Wolfie-kun. View Post
I'm a lover! Been playing since DW2 though I only own 3/3: XL, 5:XL (Yes, only XL for some reason, never got the vanilla version for some reason) and WO2. That doesn't mean I haven't played a lot of them though, I rarely get bored of cutting down thousands of soldiers at a time
I think it's really soothing. What attracted you to the Koei Warriors series?
Old 05-22-2012, 08:00 PM   #30
.Wolfie-kun.

Send a message via MSN to .Wolfie-kun.

xCrypticBlazex's Gamercard
Quote:
I think it's really soothing. What attracted you to the Koei Warriors series?
At first it was just being able to cut down hundreds of enemies at once, and the music was good along with that. But now I'm more interested in the characters as well and how they relate to each other and so on.
.Wolfie-kun. is offline   Reply With Quote