PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Half Life 2: The Orange Box
Subscribe    Donate

Old 10-27-2007, 05:32 PM   #211
SOG Flaym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve IOW View Post
probably a stupid question, but was wondering how do i keep the gnome with me? just take it with the gravity gun? and then when we fight put it down
Look at the post 4 slots above your question. It's rather lengthy and has a picture of the Rocket Man achievement at the start. There's your answer.
SOG Flaym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 12:25 AM   #212
Link2430

Saulbak's Gamercard
Hey guys I ordered all of the Half-Life achievements by game using Pyroman's guide. Hope it helps at least one person.

Check it out here:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/f...ad.php?t=42821
Link2430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:31 AM   #213
ZeroCool2390

ZeroCool2390's Gamercard
Great guide Pyro, but I was wondering, when you counted the number of grubs that you had when you reached the elevator, had you already killed the grubs in the room where the elevator was? When I get to the elevator room, there are three grubs, putting me at three more than your guide says. Also, from the elevator to the thumper, I am constantly getting 224 instead of 226. Are there any grubs that are hidden really well or what? Thanks man!
ZeroCool2390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 08:03 PM   #214
Freelancefaust

Send a message via AIM to Freelancefaust

FreelanceFaust's Gamercard
I have a question. Is their like a hidden spot for one of the grubs in chapter one? I've been through it twice now and I only have 92 by the time i'm done.
Freelancefaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 09:08 PM   #215
beetlejuice101

Send a message via MSN to beetlejuice101

Betelgeuse101's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelancefaust View Post
I have a question. Is their like a hidden spot for one of the grubs in chapter one? I've been through it twice now and I only have 92 by the time i'm done.
Just before you get to the thumper device make sure you like high up above you before you walk along the tight rocky walkway. There are many grubs up on the ceilings and in the alcoves.

beetlejuice101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 10:30 PM   #216
sheldipez

sheldipez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
How do you get past the stalkers to get the pacifist achiement ?

Edit: Ignore me i'm jumping the gun -doh!

Last edited by sheldipez; 10-28-2007 at 10:55 PM.
sheldipez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 04:09 PM   #217
Lumpi

Lumpi's Gamercard
Zombie-que

i've got a question about the
Zombie-que achievement. i ended episode one with the counter set on 12 for this achievment. now when i start a new game from chapter select, or start the second chapter the counter resets to zero.
is it possible to take the counter with me to another game so i just have to set three more zombies on fire? or is it impossible? or i'm doing something from...

thanx
Lumpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 09:37 PM   #218
Gevexx

Gevexx's Gamercard
I can't find the last grub in chapter 1 too -.- always at 92 and i gone trough the map now 3 times and i'm always 1 short

Proud Achievments:

The Orange Box: Aperture Science
Perfect Dark Zero: Completed Single Dark Agent
Gevexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 11:05 PM   #219
Duro Nukem

Duro de Matar 4's Gamercard
Im having a hard time with the barnacle bowling. I just don't know where is that part you say with the turret. Is is before getting the boat where there is a bridge and some guys on it? cause I tried there and only killed four of them. Plus I don't get, if I shot only one barrel, but a lot of them explode, will it count as one barrel? Im lost here. Please help.
Duro Nukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 12:42 AM   #220
Freelancefaust

Send a message via AIM to Freelancefaust

FreelanceFaust's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gevexx View Post
I can't find the last grub in chapter 1 too -.- always at 92 and i gone trough the map now 3 times and i'm always 1 short
Dude I found it. Its in a locker right after you fight the acid guys. Just open up the locker doors and he is right there.
Freelancefaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2007, 08:40 PM   #221
Jabi1

Jabi1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroCool2390 View Post
Great guide Pyro, but I was wondering, when you counted the number of grubs that you had when you reached the elevator, had you already killed the grubs in the room where the elevator was? When I get to the elevator room, there are three grubs, putting me at three more than your guide says. Also, from the elevator to the thumper, I am constantly getting 224 instead of 226. Are there any grubs that are hidden really well or what? Thanks man!
I have this problem as well, I get 224, I have tried this part several times. It's getting more frustrating every time, as I always end up with the same amount, apparently missing couple of them.
Old 10-31-2007, 01:28 PM   #222
GEEN0

GEEN0's Gamercard
One thing about the Grubs is that when u get the stuff to heal alyx, u will only have 332, then u return to the main area, heal her and go up in the lift again, after the big green antlion hits the wooden boards again the last grub is just beyond the boards u can peek through and shoot it! I bloody kept reloading before healing Alyx, thinking i was missing one earlier!!

Last edited by GEEN0; 10-31-2007 at 02:30 PM.
GEEN0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:23 PM   #223
Acrid Placidity
Banned User

I'm having a hard time following this guide. Some of these locations are not very specific. For example. Targetted advertising. There are two bridges (one broken), at least two car pile-ups and a few what could be ranches or country houses with a lot of foes. Maybe mention "past the tunnel", then "past the first ranch house with a bunch of baddies with some blue things that jump out of the road and stick to your car." These things help and reduce a lot of wasted time searching, when we shouldn't have to search. Specify clearly, especially if you're going to be the one making the guide. Don't make it hastily just to get your name out there.
Acrid Placidity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 12:35 PM   #224
GEEN0

GEEN0's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrid Placidity View Post
I'm having a hard time following this guide. Some of these locations are not very specific. For example. Targetted advertising. There are two bridges (one broken), at least two car pile-ups and a few what could be ranches or country houses with a lot of foes. Maybe mention "past the tunnel", then "past the first ranch house with a bunch of baddies with some blue things that jump out of the road and stick to your car." These things help and reduce a lot of wasted time searching, when we shouldn't have to search. Specify clearly, especially if you're going to be the one making the guide. Don't make it hastily just to get your name out there.
Oye lighten up, no one gets paid for giving u guides numbnuts!
Ive personally had no probs with any of this guide. But for ppl who cant think for themselves, at the point where u pick up the crossbow for the very first time ever in the game (bit of a clue?), just look up across the water parallel with the bridge and lo and behold theres a combine on the hoarding just asking for it dont u think?

Be good
Old 11-01-2007, 06:07 PM   #225
Bomber v4

Frosty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Thank you very much for this achievement guide. A very long one too, lol. Will come in handy

Bomber v4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:11 PM   #226
HotSauceBoy

HotSauceBoy's Gamercard
Since so many people are having trouble with grubs I'll share one piece of grub-hunting insight I haven't seen posted much: in several locations in the game you're treated to a panoramic view of a huge cave rising above or below you, and off *in the distance* you'll see a number of grubs. Sometimes at a very great distance! I found it was always worthwhile to spend the time to kill these, even the ones that seem impossibly far away.

Let me just mention that I've never once found a grub that I could "see" but could not kill, even if I was only seeing it at a VERY great distance.

Some killing tips:

* Although you can't fire your pistol or SMG while you have the "suit zoom" button held down, if you use the suit zoom to perfectly center your camera on the very-distant-grub, then shooting it with the pistol will almost always kill it.

* Turn on "Closed Captions" so you will always know for sure (no matter how far away) that you've killed a grub. You'll also get the "*Grub Noises*" to let you know when one's around and "*Grub Excited*" when you're close.

* In the very first "panoramic" cave I actually just sat and tossed the stones from the pool over and over until I killed them all, even the really far away ones.

* NEVER assume that just because a grub is really far away that you'll get a closer view later. Kill everything you can see, when you can see it.

Have fun!

HSB
HotSauceBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2007, 08:55 PM   #227
icedtea

QicedteaQ's Gamercard
GEEN0 im glad you can think for your self and are able to use this guide as a reference instead of a walkthrough guide. i dont see how anyone could miss this in the game. you have to get out of your car to remove a road-block to the side of the road and there is a hill with supply crates on it. so most gamers (who actually play the game) would go look to see whats in the crates and boom you have a crossbow and look i can see a soldier in the distance maybe i can kill him with my new toy!

and theres your achievement.

icedtea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 03:13 AM   #228
Winwood

Winwood's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Thanks for the guide , just wanted to add my two cents:

For the Zombie-q achievement, there's a flare in the first air vent you crawl into which you can use on the zombies just before it and when you turn on the switch just after meeting the zombines for the first time there's another by the circuit box. I'd suggest running to these and then using them on the zombies just before them. It makes it easier in the last part with the elevator because there are only three or four flares. Eg, I had ten kills going into it and only had to get five there

Also, in the description for "Puttin on a Clinic," it's actually just before under the radar, at the end of riding shotgun.

Last edited by Winwood; 11-03-2007 at 03:15 AM. Reason: accuracy
Winwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 08:31 AM   #229
SO CO PO PO

SO CO PO PO's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroCool2390 View Post
I remember having trouble with this as well. I found 2 on the ceiling above you as you walk through one of the open areas of the cave. I must have walked past them 3 or 4 times before I found them. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but I made a mental note when I found them up there. Just walk through each point looking strait up.
Good Luck
Old 11-03-2007, 08:49 AM   #230
Duro Nukem

Duro de Matar 4's Gamercard
I have a huge problem. I went trough Nova prospekt twice now and I can't get the Warden Freeman achievement! :s ! Any ideas why? I got to enlightment and I even have the Lamda thats on top of the soda machine. So, how could I miss it if its story related? Ive stopped playing so I can figure this out before something worse happens to me. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT

Ive just played it again, all the level, from the start, as a New game. And still no achievement! Whats wrong? :S Please Help!

Last edited by Duro Nukem; 11-03-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Duro Nukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 12:13 PM   #231
Jabi1

Jabi1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SO CO PO PO View Post
I remember having trouble with this as well. I found 2 on the ceiling above you as you walk through one of the open areas of the cave. I must have walked past them 3 or 4 times before I found them. I'm sorry I can't be more specific, but I made a mental note when I found them up there. Just walk through each point looking strait up.
Good Luck
Thanks to your tip, I finally got them all. Sorry that I can't remember specificly, but when you get going with that one vortigaunt, trying to find the stuff that heals Alyx, you come to the chamber where you fight antlions. It is this chamber, or the next, but however, look up in the center of the roof; there should be 2 grubs. I hope this helps. These were the ones that I missed about hundred times.
Old 11-04-2007, 12:34 PM   #232
ChumbaWumba91

ChumbaWumba91's Gamercard
yeah with the grubs ive checked the guide and it says 93 in chapter one, well when i get to the drop that leads to chapter 2 i only have 90, i know theres one in a locker that i missed so make it 91 but im having a hard time finding the other two. It says in the guide before the vorigaunt saving alix which is in chapter two isnt? so the two grubs at the beginning of chapter two, do they count as part of the 93?

EDIT: nm that, now i cant find these 2 grubs at the top of the ceiling, im stuck on 224/226 according to the fuide, anybody got a screen of the two?

I have a gaming blog! Check it out if you have time, drop a comment. Throw me some constructive criticism. Get involved!

www.notjustforkids.wordpress.com

Last edited by ChumbaWumba91; 11-04-2007 at 02:10 PM.
ChumbaWumba91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2007, 06:01 PM   #233
DeadKevin666

DeadKevin666's Gamercard
Okay, maybe I'm just getting old, but I beat HL2 (not Ep 1or 2) and did not get the Containment or Pacifist Achievements?

What level or episode do you get these acheivements on

Thanks
Old 11-05-2007, 02:30 AM   #234
bslick101

Im having trouble getting the pacifist achievement. I tried twice and didnt kill the two stalkers in the room with the reactor and kept playing untill the train crashes and never unlocked the achievement .Am i doing something wrong or is my game glitching?

bslick101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2007, 07:53 PM   #235
twistedlogic149

twistedlogic149's Gamercard
I definitely didn't get the Watch Your Head! achievement when I reached the bottom of the elevator shaft.. what the heck?
Old 11-05-2007, 09:26 PM   #236
emperor799

WoozleWozzle's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GEEN0 View Post
Oye lighten up, no one gets paid for giving u guides numbnuts!
Ive personally had no probs with any of this guide. But for ppl who cant think for themselves, at the point where u pick up the crossbow for the very first time ever in the game (bit of a clue?), just look up across the water parallel with the bridge and lo and behold theres a combine on the hoarding just asking for it dont u think?

Be good

*adblocks sig*

emperor799 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 08:54 AM   #237
ReD S1X

ReD S1X's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedlogic149 View Post
I definitely didn't get the Watch Your Head! achievement when I reached the bottom of the elevator shaft.. what the heck?
Just make sure the small stuff didn't hit your head at least and make sure to move the big ones as fast as possible.....

Reached to 300,000G @ 16/8/13
Achieved 10,000 achievements @ 28/12/12
ReD S1X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:28 PM   #238
mxwelch

mxwelch's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duro Nukem View Post
Im having a hard time with the barnacle bowling. I just don't know where is that part you say with the turret. Is is before getting the boat where there is a bridge and some guys on it? cause I tried there and only killed four of them. Plus I don't get, if I shot only one barrel, but a lot of them explode, will it count as one barrel? Im lost here. Please help.
You're on foot. You slide down a drainage canal and immediately hear a chopper coming for you (the first in the game). Turn left run around the walkway past the one barnacle up the step, move the barrel and into the door.

It's impossible to miss the area you need to score the achievement. Take the exploding barrel and send it down the middle of the ramp. If it's off to the side it sometimes won't kill all 5. When the barnacle grabs it and starts pulling it up set it on fire about half way up. Don't explode it yourself, let it alone. It'll kill 5 every time and get the achievement.
mxwelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 12:29 PM   #239
mxwelch

mxwelch's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by SofaR0cker View Post
I can't seem to find Location 1 in Water Hazard for the lambda.

I see the lambda and climb up the nearby ladder which leads to the barn but I don't see this gap I'm supposed to jump or the ammo.

I ended up knocking down the box on the crane and after breaking the crate in the water my progress is only 9/45.
Same here. I'm about ready to call Valve.
mxwelch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 03:38 PM   #240
Chojin

Send a message via MSN to Chojin

Chojin22000's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by mxwelch View Post
You're on foot. You slide down a drainage canal and immediately hear a chopper coming for you (the first in the game). Turn left run around the walkway past the one barnacle up the step, move the barrel and into the door.

It's impossible to miss the area you need to score the achievement. Take the exploding barrel and send it down the middle of the ramp. If it's off to the side it sometimes won't kill all 5. When the barnacle grabs it and starts pulling it up set it on fire about half way up. Don't explode it yourself, let it alone. It'll kill 5 every time and get the achievement.
i did this today but i just pushed it down, let a barnacle grab it then shot the hell out of it. even though it exploded on the floor (or close enough) it still took 5 out as they're close to the floor. so you don't need to be 'that' precise.

Chojin is offline   Reply With Quote