PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil: Code Veronica X HD
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-14-2012, 05:35 PM   #1
Darkforce412

darkforce412's Gamercard
are the controls that bad?

the only thing that is stopping me from getting this game is the gameplay and iv been hearing some ppl saying that the controls r awful and the saving is just terrible. so is all that true i mean i played it on the ps2 a long time ago and i have beaten all the resident evil games except this one so what do u guys think buy or no buy.
Old 05-17-2012, 06:40 PM   #2
Extra Saucy

Shred Asics 13's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkforce412 View Post
the only thing that is stopping me from getting this game is the gameplay and iv been hearing some ppl saying that the controls r awful and the saving is just terrible. so is all that true i mean i played it on the ps2 a long time ago and i have beaten all the resident evil games except this one so what do u guys think buy or no buy.

I'm in the same boat. Never played this title sadly but I am dead set on completeing it. I played for a few and got irritated. I'm going to get back into it soon and it should get better.

I wonder how many tries it will take to get Weapon Crazy...sigh.

-Praise The Sun-

Extra Saucy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2012, 12:28 AM   #3
Chaos MAN

ChaosSlayerX187's Gamercard
The controls aren't that bad, they just take a little getting used to.
Chaos MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:30 AM   #4
lifetimegamer

MBocking1987's Gamercard
The controls aren't that bad, just a little "traditional". The game is great though and, while its hardly the most terrifying RE game it has more scares than the newer games (ignoring Revelations, that game rocked) so it's well worth picking up.
lifetimegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 02:58 PM   #5
SauceyMGee

SauceyMGee's Gamercard
How do the controls and gameplay compare to RE 4 HD? I'm almost done with my pro playthrough and absolutely love that game. The only other RE games I have played were 1 and 2 back in the day. I heard the controls were bad in this game but I originally thought that when I started 4 HD and caught on quickly and now have no gripes with them. Is this the same control scheme?
SauceyMGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:03 PM   #6
lifetimegamer

MBocking1987's Gamercard
Code Veronica uses the older type of control scheme - RE4 was the first game to change the formula, hence its popularity I guess. Therefore expect static cameras and those infamous "tank" controls seen in RE 0,1,2&3.
Personally I'm a fan of both styles but I can see why people much prefer the newer style.

Hope this helps!
lifetimegamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2012, 01:16 PM   #7
SauceyMGee

SauceyMGee's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifetimegamer View Post
Code Veronica uses the older type of control scheme - RE4 was the first game to change the formula, hence its popularity I guess. Therefore expect static cameras and those infamous "tank" controls seen in RE 0,1,2&3.
Personally I'm a fan of both styles but I can see why people much prefer the newer style.

Hope this helps!
That does help! Thank you!
SauceyMGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 09:32 AM   #8
ImaginaryRuins

imaginaryruins's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The control really takes time to get used to, but afterward not too bad. Yet, like others said, I prefer the RE4 modern controls a lot more.

1st 1000G: Batman Arkham Asylum (PC)
1st Xbox360 game: Trusty Bell Chopin no Yume / Eternal Sonata

1st Xbox360 player to obtain Obsessive Compulsive (collect all loots in a single chapter) in Thief on 25/2/2014 at Trueachievements.org

ImaginaryRuins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 03:43 AM   #9
SgtFuzzyGhost

sgtfuzzyghost's Gamercard
It isn't that the controls are bad (but they suck too), it is that the camera angles are terrible. Rather than being able to control the camera (like in Resident Evil 4,5, and RE: ORC), you get preset cameras all over the place.

I ended up quitting playing it on the PS2, as I was fighting that Tyrant boss in the plane. Couldn't figure out how to move around him, when to flick the launching switch, getting knocked out of the plane, etc.

If Capcom is going to re-release these games, I think they should at least give it the Resident Evil 4 treatment, so you have an idea of where you are, and where you're going.
SgtFuzzyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 06:34 PM   #10
MH Maximus

MH Maximus's Gamercard
Yea the running is horrible
MH Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote