PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-27-2013, 02:37 PM   #91
Metaraon

Metaraon's Gamercard
Thought Halo 4 was great. Of course it has to flaws but still has a lot of gameplay. My only bitch is whoever came up with those stupid grenades needs to be shot lol. Worst idea/grenade ever!

123 Retail 100% & 1000+
11 Arcade 100%
Metaraon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:37 PM   #92
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post

- I argue that most (if not all) previous maps in any earlier Halo game are superior to Halo 4's maps.

- Most large maps have just so much clutter on the field it's a goddamn chore to navigate with a warthog.

- Lack of incentive for map control utterly kills the maps in Halo 4.

- Armor is purely asthestic.

- The fact that there's loadouts to begin with makes this a sub-par Halo game out the gate.
I agree with these. I'm tired of talking about Halo and since I don't see myself disagreeing with any of you, I'll leave it at that.

EDIT: Here's a funny pic...

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly sauve signature!

Last edited by BiggD; 01-27-2013 at 05:42 PM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #93
Ty-Rex
Jardinho has a baby dick

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
It's funny because it combines two series that I love who's latest entries have been massively disappointing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jardinho View Post
Now seems like a good time to tell you guys that I don't have a small dick. Just felt the need to let you know, fellers.
Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 06:33 PM   #94
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
It's funny because it combines two series that I love who's latest entries have been massively disappointing.
Ditto. It's a shame because ACIII was going real well, and then sucked major testicles towards the end. And Ubisoft already plans to make an ACIV...which I may not bother with.

You can read about it HERE.

Old 01-27-2013, 07:05 PM   #95
Ty-Rex
Jardinho has a baby dick

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Ditto. It's a shame because ACIII was going real well, and then sucked major testicles towards the end. And Ubisoft already plans to make an ACIV...which I may not bother with.

You can read about it HERE.
This isn't the AC3 forum so I won't really get into it, but suffice it to say this is the first time in many years that I threw a controller in frustration at trying to get 100% sync. Also Connor is no Ezio.
Quote:
Now seems like a good time to tell you guys that I don't have a small dick. Just felt the need to let you know, fellers.
Old 01-27-2013, 07:21 PM   #96
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
This isn't the AC3 forum so I won't really get into it, but suffice it to say this is the first time in many years that I threw a controller in frustration at trying to get 100% sync. Also Connor is no Ezio.
Don't want to go off topic either but I'll end with this.

Connor had a terrible personality.

The missions were annoying as hell. Giant and the Storm (Naval Mission) made me roar like the Hulk in frustration 4334 times.

Old 01-27-2013, 09:28 PM   #97
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by the biggd View Post

everyday i'm shufflin'
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:48 AM   #98
Dae1373

Dae1373's Gamercard
Halo 5 will be better, it has to be. And also, I'm here hoping for a Halo 2 anniversary. It's been soooo long since I played that game. I got the Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary, and it brought back memories of playing that when I was a kid. It had been so long and I fell in love with the game all over again. I completed it several times as a kid and 3 time more with the anniversary. I could not get bored of it. Combat Evolved, for me, is the best Halo game. And I believe 343 have actually done a great job with Halo 4, I'm impressed and think it's the next best Halo game after CE. This is just my opinion. I can't wait to see what they have in store for us next.
Dae1373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #99
Xmoda
Banned User

x Xmoda x's Gamercard
this was there first halo and they did a hell of a job halo 5 will be amazing
Xmoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:31 AM   #100
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmoda View Post
if by "a hell of a job" you meant a CoD clone, you'd be correct. if Halo 4 is any indication of Halo 5, i'm genuinely worried.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 01:56 AM   #101
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmoda View Post
Woah...your grammar...

Quote:
if by "a hell of a job" you meant a CoD clone, you'd be correct. if Halo 4 is any indication of Halo 5, i'm genuinely worried.
Dude. The Campaign was boss, Hishoa. If you deny that then something is wrong with you. Multiplayer sucks, yes. But honestly...who bought Halo 4 just for the MP?

That's like buying CoD for the story...or Mass Effect for the MP...

Old 02-02-2013, 03:41 AM   #102
DarkReign2021
Banned User

^I'm pretty sure 90% of the community bought it just for the multiplayer. And 90% of the gaming community is retarded, so the numbers add up.
Old 02-02-2013, 03:49 AM   #103
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
^I'm pretty sure 90% of the community bought it just for the multiplayer. And 90% of the gaming community is retarded, so the numbers add up.
Well, I'm glad you and I are part of that 10%

Those who bought Halo 4 expecting a genuinely fun MP and no care for the Single Player...I will never understand you.

Old 02-02-2013, 05:26 AM   #104
Hishoa

Quote:
Dude. The Campaign was boss, Hishoa. If you deny that then something is wrong with you. Multiplayer sucks, yes. But honestly...who bought Halo 4 just for the MP?

That's like buying CoD for the story...or Mass Effect for the MP...
I believe the person I was responding to was referencing the multplayer aspect of the game; that is what I was replying to. I've said plenty of times the campaign was fine and dandy.

And so we're clear, I bought Halo 4 for both the single player and multiplayer; Halo is known equally for both its multiplayer and its story-telling. I'm sorry, but I can only play through a single player campaign only so many times until it's boring and mind-numbingly predictable. I have no interest in speed-runs or campaign scoring (oh wait, they did away with that). Maybe if they had campaign matchmaki-- wait, that's not there either. Really, I find no fault with people who purchased Halo 4 expecting a phenomenal multiplayer; for those disappointed with Reach who loved both Halo 2 and Halo 3's MP, I can only imagine they were waiting for the true MP successor of their beloved franchise. Unfortunately they were met with garbage that picked apart "innovations" beaten to death by other franchises and decided to run with those.

So yes, I believe my reply to whoever it was I replied to was completely justified considering the context.

Quote:
Those who bought Halo 4 expecting a genuinely fun MP and no care for the Single Player...I will never understand you.
Those who think buying Halo 4 expecting a genuinely fun MP means you have no care for the single player... I will never understand you.

edit: Also, Halo was always meant to become a multiplayer-heavy video game -- while I can commend those who purchase it just for the SP and have absolutely no inkling or inclination to even contemplate playing the multiplayer, Halo will never compare to true SP games like Bioshock, Fallout 3, Oblivion, New Vegas, or Skyrim. While Halo SP is enjoyable and has rich storytelling, I'll most likely prefer the 150+ hour dynamic story content of Fallout or Skyrim to that of Halo's 8-9 hours story, assuming both games were purely SP and had absolutely no MP component whatsoever.

Last edited by Hishoa; 02-02-2013 at 05:43 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:00 AM   #105
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Quote:
edit: Also, Halo was always meant to become a multiplayer-heavy video game -- while I can commend those who purchase it just for the SP and have absolutely no inkling or inclination to even contemplate playing the multiplayer, Halo will never compare to true SP games like Bioshock, Fallout 3, Oblivion, New Vegas, or Skyrim. While Halo SP is enjoyable and has rich storytelling, I'll most likely prefer the 150+ hour dynamic story content of Fallout or Skyrim to that of Halo's 8-9 hours story, assuming both games were purely SP and had absolutely no MP component whatsoever.
Actually, slight correction. The original Halo: Combat Evolved actually almost shipped without a multiplayer component. They had maps and mechanics partially built, but they only decided to keep and touch up the multiplayer within the last month or so of development. They never actually expected the multiplayer to become as popular as it did in H1. Especially since it was only a half-finished component of the game.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:05 AM   #106
Rymt

Omisake's Gamercard

I to admit they screwed up pretty big. I have a lot of respect however for them coming out and saying "Look guys, sorry, we screwed up, it won't happen again." They don't just ignore it and keep moving on with their next project or whatever they are currently working on (I assume DLC's, etc.). Either way, reading that increased my respect for them. Respect +1.

Thanks to Cpt Slaughter for the amazing sig!
Rymt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:05 AM   #107
Robobeast76

robobeast76's Gamercard
I have played greater than 15,000 online Halo matches prior to Halo 4. I used to average over 100 matches a week of Halo 3. I persisted with Reach until Bungie stopped stat tracking in March 2012.

I'm at maybe 150 matches total for H4 right now and I struggle to bother. I play a lot solo and can handle online MP when there is an option for some real FFA action. H4 sorely needs Regicide to be removed - it is a joke of an FFA list (I lost a game 26 kills to 10 once due to the King Bonus). I hope the proposed FFA list is not one of their 1 week experiments that takes 4 months to return. If they put in a real FFA list I will play more.

Look at MLG walking away, less custom game options, Forge options, achievement design for DLC, things promised but not delivered like skill based matching, no local search restriction (I can wait 4 minutes for a 'good connection' game rather than playing non-Australians), playlists restricted to 10 - no Team Snipers, no real FFA, BTB being slayer without objective.

The population for this game is an embarassment. Reach started the blood loss, H4 has seen an amputation, while the 720 offers many opportunities COD has delivered what people really want in a lot of ways.
Robobeast76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:07 AM   #108
Robobeast76

robobeast76's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Actually, slight correction. The original Halo: Combat Evolved actually almost shipped without a multiplayer component. They had maps and mechanics partially built, but they only decided to keep and touch up the multiplayer within the last month or so of development. They never actually expected the multiplayer to become as popular as it did in H1. Especially since it was only a half-finished component of the game.
It is an interesting point. However I guess it showed the skill of the team at the tiem to deliver what really mattered. I know when given some pressure at work I concentrate on delivering the core of what is vital rather than all the fluff. Look at all these pretty textures we have put into the map rather than concentrating on the core of the GP being solid.
Robobeast76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #109
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I believe the person I was responding to was referencing the multplayer aspect of the game; that is what I was replying to. I've said plenty of times the campaign was fine and dandy.

Dude, I didn't mean no harm in my comment if you took it offensively. Know that I skipped over the other dude's comment in your quoting of him and just saw your reply since I'm familiar with your name.

Your edit - good point. I guess the game is 50/50 or even 60/40 with MP being on top. Maybe my liking of the Campaign over the MP clouds my judgment of how others view/like the game. I will admit though, after beating the Halo 4 Campaign 10+ times, I can't really do much more with it compared to a great Story-heavy game like the ones you mentioned.

Oh well, sorry for the misunderstanding of you original comment. Didn't mean to piss ya off dude.

Last edited by BiggD; 02-02-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:39 AM   #110
Hishoa

Quote:
Dude, I didn't mean no harm in my comment if you took it offensively. Know that I skipped over the other dude's comment in your quoting of him and just saw your reply since I'm familiar with your name.

Your edit - good point. I guess the game is 50/50 or even 60/40 with MP being on top. Maybe my liking of the Campaign over the MP clouds my judgment of how others view/like the game. I will admit though, after beating the Halo 4 Campaign 10+ times, I can't really do much more with it compared to a great Story-heavy game like the ones you mentioned.

Oh well, sorry for the misunderstanding of you original comment. Didn't mean to piss ya off dude.
Well, just so there's no confusion in the future.. I adore and love the campaign of all Halo games (and I presume future halo games).

Sorry for getting upset, though. I get peeved when people assume I don't care about the SP simply because I expected a great MP -- and while saying that, I believe the story is great and engaging, but I feel that Halo 4 especially relies on multiplayer to stay afloat considering there is absolutely nothing long-standing with its SP; no competitive scoring, no campaign co-op matchmaking, no leaderboards, etc. If there were community-like factors surrounding SP, I'm confident plenty more people would spend their time engaging in it outside their obligatory 3-4 playthroughs before spending all their time in War Games (+ 1-2 more playthoughts for nastalgia before the next title realease). The only things globally linking players to the campaign right now are challenges and achievements, which I think is very disappointing considering how much more people actively participated in Reach's campaign long after release. This draws back to my inclication to believing Halo 4 was a cashcow scheme for Microsoft; the whole "fuck innovation, let's imitate the competition!" bit. Sorry for being bitter.

I don't know though, it seems the more I type, the more I find that Halo: Reach did things correct and practical, things that Halo 4 did not. In a perfect world, we should be able to list the beneficial features of each game and stuff them into the next title -- go do it, 343i.

Last edited by Hishoa; 02-02-2013 at 10:42 AM.
Old 02-02-2013, 06:58 PM   #111
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Well, just so there's no confusion in the future.. I adore and love the campaign of all Halo games (and I presume future halo games).
Probably the only reason I was mistaken was because it seemed to me that Lemons, Dark and I were the only ones active in discussing the SP in other Threads. But it's all good dude.

But yeah....I can't really argue with you in saying that MP is what keeps games (Halo 4) alive after say, 3-4 weeks. The lack of community-like factors supporting the Campaign make it less enjoyable for replay purposes, unfortunately.

Quote:
In a perfect world, we should be able to list the beneficial features of each game and stuff them into the next title -- go do it, 343i.
I wish we, as a community, could do that. Only then would we have a great Halo game that all of us could truly enjoy.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:18 PM   #112
kynreeve

The Ringo Neko's Gamercard
To be fair to 343 for their first real game it is brilliant, maybe a little rough around the edges, but what game isn't? Personally I think they even treated the characters better than Bungie ever did, neither of the main characters act like they have a wind-up key in their backs anymore.
kynreeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:36 PM   #113
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by kynreeve View Post
To be fair to 343 for their first real game it is brilliant, maybe a little rough around the edges, but what game isn't?
I agree, this game is brilliant, but it isn't a brilliant Halo game. If anything, I think Halo 4 should be dubbed "Fiesta Halo" as that's exactly how it plays.

Quote:
Personally I think they even treated the characters better than Bungie ever did, neither of the main characters act like they have a wind-up key in their backs anymore.
In what ways were main characters in previous games "wind-up"-like?

Last edited by Hishoa; 02-04-2013 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-04-2013, 12:09 AM   #114
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Personally I think [343i] even treated the characters better than Bungie ever did, neither of the main characters act like they have a wind-up key in their backs anymore.
I agree that 343 fleshed out John-117 and Cortana in a great way, but Bungie never had these two characters "stiff"

Cortana has always been a talktative, sarcastic A.I and the Chief has always been a focused, say-little soldier. The only reason you probably think Bungie didn't flesh out the characters is because Chief talked more this game, but with Cortana's condition getting worse, he pretty much had to express his feelings towards the only "person" he cares about.

Old 02-04-2013, 05:49 AM   #115
The Elite Elite

The Elite Elite's Gamercard
Man, a lot of Halo 4 hate. I can agree that Halo 4's MP isn't as good as Halo 3's, but I say it's still 100x better than Reach. (1000x if we're talking about Reach before 343 patched it) Maybe I just set my expectations too low after Reach, but I find the MP to be fun and decent. For gameplay just remove the Mantis and the Boltshot as a spawn weapon, and I'd be fairly statisfied. (And I wouldn't complain if the Forerunner sniper was removed from MP) For playlists, make Big Team like it's been since Halo 2 instead of Slayer only and I'll be satisfied.

Thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er for the picture!
The Elite Elite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:46 PM   #116
Emfulz

Send a message via MSN to Emfulz

EMFULZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayam View Post
Ok so he's saying we screwed up we won't fix this one, this halo was just to keep you happy while we work in the 720 title!!
It's not going to be called Xbox 720... look it up! 720 sounds like no originality and we'd be better off calling it 365.

Now if they did happen to launch Halo 2 Anniversary onto the next Xbox, that's the only game I'd need! That's all I played on the original, and Conker of course. =] I'll be happy really with any Halo, besides an RTS

Signature by Cpt Slaugh7er
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Emfulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:13 AM   #117
Hishoa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emfulz View Post
It's not going to be called Xbox 720... look it up! 720 sounds like no originality and we'd be better off calling it 365
it's widely known they're not going to call the next console Xbox 720, it's simply a place-holder name until the official name is released. considering the official name is not released, it makes sense people are referring to it as "xbox 720". However, it does you no good to tell someone to "look it up" when the first 200 hits on google convey a message completely different than the one you've expressed.

go ahead, [x]* "look it up"!

*click it

edit: I would prefer Xbox 720 to Xbox 365, actually.

Last edited by Hishoa; 02-05-2013 at 12:17 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 12:55 AM   #118
Ty-Rex
Jardinho has a baby dick

Tylord824's Gamercard

Im going to make a petition to call it the Xbox 69 please sign below thank you.

Fuck you, I love coffee.
Quote:
Old 02-05-2013, 01:05 AM   #119
LickableLemons7

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Quote:
Im going to make a petition to call it the Xbox 69 please sign below thank you.

LickableLemons7
Making the world a better place, one step at a time. Starting with media. I like the way you think.