Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-11-2013, 07:32 PM   #1
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Super super shiny!!!

Can you guess what this post is about? That's right, more awards! Seriously, I think these are my favorite awards yet.

First the achievement tile submission awards just look sharp as hell. The graphics team did a great job on them, and they now extend for 6 tiers just like the guides and road maps and such. We already have one person at Diamond, and I am pretty sure everyone who has been here more than a month can guess who that is without looking.

The Subscribers have been busy coming up with a list of 100 achievements that epitomize the Xbox experience. These are all from region-free retail games that span every genre and include 50 difficult achievements and 50 that are not so much difficult as...quirky. While the list is not quite finalized, here is a sample for you.

From the difficult list:
Orb Hunter from Crackdown
Hell Difficulty Mode Cleared from BulletWitch
Elite from Rainbow 6 Vegas
The Bladder of Steel Award from Rock Band 2
Seriously from Gears of War
Achiever from R.U.S.E.

From the quirky list:
Hoedown Throwdown from Hannah Montana
One With Combat from Avatar: The Last Airbender
Turd Burglar from Duke Nukem Forever
The Swinger from Fable 2
Testikill from Stranglehold
Romantic from The Darkness

Members of the forum who have unlocked a certain number of them will be eligible for the Over Achiever award, pictured below. Frankly, anyone who can get all 100 is a god among gamers. I think I will be lucky to hit the platinum level myself, and that is speaking as someone with 300,000 gamerscore and 300+ completions.

Bronze (10 unlocked)

Silver (20 unlocked)

Gold (30 unlocked)

Platinum (50 unlocked)

Emerald (75 unlocked)

Diamond (100 unlocked)

But wait, there's more!

I posted last week that Jappe x360a is working on revamping the x360a Representer's program, and as part of that effort the Representers are working on yet another list of achievements! That's right, 100 achievements from arcade games that you would have to be crazy to not try to earn. While that process is just starting, I thought I would go ahead and share the Arcade Crazy awards that will be able to be earned once they finalize the list:

If you want to be involved in that process, head over to the Representer program, sign up, and start voicing your opinion.

Did I leave the best for last? Why yes, I do believe I did... Both the Over Achiever and Arcade Crazy lists are going to be available as a checklist for you! You don't want to leave that checklist sitting there all incomplete, do you?

Cheers!

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:34 PM   #2
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Looking good. Just discovered those 10 minutes ago through the awards page.

Still waiting on that food forum though.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Checklist as in a My360Achievements checklist? Sounds awesome.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #4
Grifter Reborn

Send a message via Skype™ to Grifter Reborn

Grifter x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   x360a Representer   Road Map - Bronze   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
The amount of improvements to the site in such a short time to promote more activity is downright amazing! Bravo! Bravo.

Change is inevitable.

Grifter Reborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 07:37 PM   #5
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
Checklist as in a My360Achievements checklist? Sounds awesome.
Yes indeed!

Old 01-11-2013, 07:42 PM   #6
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts   Micro Guide - Emerald
Total Awards: 15 (more» ...)
these tiles look really good. i noticed earlier the new achievement tile award in peoples showcases, hope to get me one of them some day. ill certainly be trying for at least the bronze over-achiever, too!
Old 01-11-2013, 08:05 PM   #7
jackanape
Duchess Gummybuns

jackanape's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shiftie   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Grifter Reborn   Staff Club - rekikire   Staff Club - Shinobi273   Staff - Super Moderator   Road Map - Platinum   A+ Thread Award   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   CABS Beta Tester   Staff Club - TemporalWizard
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
Yes indeed!
Yay! Was that based on my suggestion or had you already thought of it? You sly dog. Bring it on!

jackanape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #8
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackanape View Post
Yay! Was that based on my suggestion or had you already thought of it? You sly dog. Bring it on!
Pretty sure it was your suggestion. Webb and Rx and I had to have a pow-wow to figure out how to do it without breaking anything, but we got it set up. Just have to finalize that list now...

Old 01-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #9
Gackt
Banned User

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Gackt   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Gold   SOTF Winner   GSL 8 Winners   The Helping Hand   Bright Idea   Word of Mouth   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze   Artist of the Month
Them some pretty snazzy looking awards. Nice work graphics team
Gackt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:20 PM   #10
* Clueless *

Clueless 726's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - * Clueless *   Submit - Silver   The Helping Hand   1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   A+ Thread Award   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Still waiting on that food forum though.
Me too! Fans of the Monk and her eating habits will be watching that one daily

Cheers GFX Team! You guys rock
* Clueless * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:23 PM   #11
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Awesome we're just having an award overload right now! Can't wait to see the 100 unique achievements. Great work.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #12
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
From the quirky list:
One With Combat from Avatar: The Last Airbender
Oh god no. Luckily I'll never get close to all 100 anyways, so skipping this won't hurt.

Looking forward to these.

Quote:
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 08:34 PM   #13
Foxxy kyle

Foxxy Kyle's Gamercard

Awards Showcase You ARE the Controller Challenge Club - Tier 1   Road Map - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Silver   XBA Promoter   2,500 Posts   Achievement Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   A+ Thread Award   Bright Idea
Total Awards: 12 (more» ...)
Great work to all of the staff. You guys are going above and beyond!
Old 01-11-2013, 09:34 PM   #14
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Can't wait until the list is revealed. There's some special achievements in there *giggady goo*

Also, top marks GFX team! High fives all round!
Old 01-11-2013, 11:03 PM   #15
kaleido42
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to kaleido42

kaleido42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - kaleido42   Community Gaming - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Donator - Level 5   Staff - Community and Events Team   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   2,500 Posts   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Subscriber - Platinum
Total Awards: 18 (more» ...)
Just noticed in the achievement tile award tracking forum everyone with a gold award has been "defaulted" to having submitted tiles for 15 games (and other numbers for bronze/silver). So going forward for those of us currently at gold is there a certain number we'll have to submit in order to get the platinum award, or how will that work?

Thanks for the sig Rajeanero!
kaleido42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:11 PM   #16
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaleido42 View Post
Just noticed in the achievement tile award tracking forum everyone with a gold award has been "defaulted" to having submitted tiles for 15 games (and other numbers for bronze/silver). So going forward for those of us currently at gold is there a certain number we'll have to submit in order to get the platinum award, or how will that work?
That's a good point, I guess we should go back and default them to 14.

Looking back, knowing these new awards were coming out I don't know why the 15 didn't pop out at me as incorrect.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:12 PM   #17
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Very nice! The awards for the achievements are a great idea. Hopefully be up in the Silver/Gold mark for the retail but I probably wont even hit Bronze in the arcade as I don't play arcade games.

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:16 PM   #18
jamie1000013

D Mob x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Genre Competition - Second Place   2,500 Posts   x360a Representer   Completion Competition Winner   Word of Mouth   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Gold   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Wow that's awesome, I just looked on the awards page and it looks so good now with all those new goodies.

I think soon we should be able to pick which eight awards show up on our profile by default. I can see soon that a lot more people will have over 8 awards and they will favor some awards over the others.

Edit: Oh disregard that last paragraph I didn't know the limit is now 12 that show up. Was that updated recently?

Last edited by jamie1000013; 01-11-2013 at 11:19 PM.
jamie1000013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:19 PM   #19
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1000013 View Post
Edit: oh disregard that last paragraph I didn't know the limit is now 12 that show up. Was that updated recently?
I think it was. The gamercards are always messed up though causing some usernames and awards bars to stretch farther across the page than they should.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 11:19 PM   #20
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1000013 View Post
Wow that's awesome, I just looked on the awards page and it looks so good now with all those new goodies.

I think soon we should be able to pick which six awards show up on our profile by default. I can see soon that a lot more people will have over 6 awards and they will favor some awards over the others.

Edit: oh disregard that last paragraph I didn't know the limit is now 12 that show up. Was that updated recently?
Good idea, me likes. Post it up in one of the Sub threads. Would be good to discuss!

Edit: What if you have more than 12.... Which is becoming more likely due to the recent new ones we're adding.
Old 01-12-2013, 02:37 PM   #21
Maka

Send a message via MSN to Maka

Maka91's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Emerald   GRID 2 Award   Submit - Platinum   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Micro Guide - Gold   Over Achiever - Bronze   Referrals - Silver   x360a Book Club   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 20 (more» ...)
The new awards look great. Can't wait to get my hands on them.

Will you have to count and individually apply for the over achiever ones?

Also, if you want someone to make you an excel file of the achievements, where you can highlight the achievements that you have, and it will count them for you, send me a PM, I can put it together in a few minutes. Might make the submission process a lot easier for others, and those verifying the achievements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
Good idea, me likes. Post it up in one of the Sub threads. Would be good to discuss!

Edit: What if you have more than 12.... Which is becoming more likely due to the recent new ones we're adding.
I've had more than 12 since 2007. I've just lived with the concequences of nobody seeing my first few awards, haha.

But the idea to organize them would actually be great.

Or at least an auto organizer than bases them off of Tier (Gold, then Silver, etc...)

Last edited by Maka; 01-12-2013 at 02:41 PM.
Maka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:00 PM   #22
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
so the arcade awards will be for certain achievements the site picks or just 50 achievements from arcade games?

"It is done then. Your schemes, like you, are put to rest." - Alta´r Ibn La-Ahad
Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #23
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts   Micro Guide - Emerald
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
so the arcade awards will be for certain achievements the site picks or just 50 achievements from arcade games?
ones that the representers are discussing at the moment. so it will be a specific set of achievements and if you unlock enough of them ,you will be eligible for the corresponding award.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:12 PM   #24
TemporalWizard
Guide Team

TemporalWizard's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - troy0891   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Gold   1,000 Posts   Road Map - Bronze
Quote:
Yes, it will be for certain achievements the site(actually the reps) has picked.

Exactly the same way Over Achiever works, just for arcade instead of retail.

Edit: Crap, got ninja'd.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:37 PM   #25
Spanish Assault

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
Originally Posted by TemporalWizard View Post
Yes, it will be for certain achievements the site(actually the reps) has picked.

Exactly the same way Over Achiever works, just for arcade instead of retail.

Edit: Crap, got ninja'd.
Is the list for over achiever complete yet?

"It is done then. Your schemes, like you, are put to rest." - Alta´r Ibn La-Ahad

Last edited by Spanish Assault; 01-12-2013 at 03:39 PM.
Old 01-12-2013, 03:47 PM   #26
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
Is the list for over achiever complete yet?
Over Achiever, pretty much done. It's in it's final sorting out stages.

Arcade Crazy, no. It's in discussion and some have been listed but it's not nearly as done as the Retail version.
Old 01-12-2013, 04:06 PM   #27
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
I've earned at least 2 achievements from the examples.

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #28
Spanish Assault

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
Over Achiever, pretty much done. It's in it's final sorting out stages.

Arcade Crazy, no. It's in discussion and some have been listed but it's not nearly as done as the Retail version.
will we have to request the awards? Or will it happen if we fill out the checklist?

Old 01-12-2013, 04:17 PM   #29
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Those awards are pretty cool! Nicely done.

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #30
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Quote:
will we have to request the awards? Or will it happen if we fill out the checklist?
This I don't know but my guess is you'll need to use the check list and then link that when requesting for one of the awards.

Then the awards/club staff will look at your gamertag to verify you've got them and the award will then be handed out from there.

This is just a guess though, unless the admin have come up with a new type of checklist that links to your gamertag and those unique achievements we have set out...