Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-12-2013, 05:13 PM   #31
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
will we have to request the awards? Or will it happen if we fill out the checklist?
My guess is that you'd still have to request the reward and someone could look at your checklist and verify.

It would be nicer if someone was notifed automatically once an award threshold was reached, but I'm sure there will be people who mark off achievements they don't have.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:32 PM   #32
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Total Awards: 40 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
My guess is that you'd still have to request the reward and someone could look at your checklist and verify.

It would be nicer if someone was notifed automatically once an award threshold was reached, but I'm sure there will be people who mark off achievements they don't have.
Someone will have to look at the actual gamercard involved for this very reason. Still sorting that out, but we have time. I haven't even created the checklist yet.

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:45 PM   #33
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Wow, cool.
What happened with your stance with awards?
I remember early on the staff was against adding more awards like this

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 05:53 PM   #34
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Road Map - Bronze   Community Gaming - Platinum   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFZ Scrubs View Post
Wow, cool.
dude....be happy Creech has become super active.

Spanish Assault is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:01 PM   #35
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Administrator   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 2   Thought, Precision and Planning Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month
Quote:
Originally Posted by KFZ Scrubs View Post
Wow, cool.
Times change. It actually is quite a bit of work to create and then manage more awards, but let's face it. We all love achievements or we wouldn't be here, and that includes me. So since I have the time, it seemed like the right thing to do.

Old 01-12-2013, 06:13 PM   #36
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Awards are like achievements. Simply put.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 06:26 PM   #37
BritneysBoo

britneys boo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
took me almost 6 years, but I finally got Hell mode on BulletWitch.
BritneysBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:22 PM   #38
KFZ Scrubs

KFZ Nobody's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 10,000 posts   Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post
dude....be happy Creech has become super active.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
Times change. It actually is quite a bit of work to create and then manage more awards, but let's face it. We all love achievements or we wouldn't be here, and that includes me. So since I have the time, it seemed like the right thing to do.
As said before... true dat.... truuuuee dat.
Nice to see it's finally happening, let's see what the future has in store for this.... i like it

KFZ Scrubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 07:41 PM   #39
JuSt BLaZe

BLAZE VII's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   5,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I also like the new super super shiny awards. They simply motivate you to be more active on this site (just like old times).
Old 01-13-2013, 02:00 AM   #40
Burning Karma

Send a message via MSN to Burning Karma

Burning Karma's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Oooh, shiny new awards! Me likey!

"Lived, lives, will live."
"Died, dies, will die."
Burning Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 02:32 AM   #41
Mahtan Tinuviél

Mahtan Tinuviel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
This new award looks great !!! Great job Graphics team!!!

I´ll be looking for this list as well, which is a great idea to get it done quickly and to keep track of it. Of course these will still need to be checked, but great efford

And kudos to Creech who has been in a great run and super active... sure made me come back and be the same... let´s hope it´s contagious!!! hehehehehe

Thanks for Rajeanero for the signature!!

100% Retail: 28 - Latest : Borderlands
100% Arcade: 1 - Latest : Shoot Many Robots

Latest Milestone:
40.000 - 28/09/2013; Playing XCOM: EU.
Mahtan Tinuviél is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 10:54 AM   #42
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
So 100 easy/weird and 100 difficult.

Does this mean 100/200 combination will get diamond? That would make sense.

I know it's early, but Seriously from Gears of War was glitched or something a while ago wasn't it? Should achievements that can be glitched count?
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 11:10 AM   #43
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
So 100 easy/weird and 100 difficult.

Does this mean 100/200 combination will get diamond? That would make sense.

I know it's early, but Seriously from Gears of War was glitched or something a while ago wasn't it? Should achievements that can be glitched count?
If what you mean by 100/200 combination is that out of the two lists if you get 100 combined you get diamond, then no. The two lists are completely independent of each other.

Every achievement can be glitched or hacked. Members of our site are generally ethical and honest, and I think it is pretty obvious to all that someone who obtains their achievements illicitly is not welcome here and will not get any awards either.

Old 01-15-2013, 12:14 AM   #44
MeonOner
Banned User

MeonOne's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Road Map - Platinum   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
You did save the best for last. Award tiles look great. I cant till they reveal the complete list for retail and arcade games.
MeonOner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:20 AM   #45
BritneysBoo

britneys boo's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I cant wait to get the award for Hell mode on Bulletwitch.
Old 01-15-2013, 12:29 AM   #46
Ryot Control

Send a message via AIM to Ryot Control

Ryot Control's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Platinum   2,500 Posts   GSL 11 Winner   GamerScore League Season 9 Winner   Submit - Silver   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
You know, I've kinda wandered off the site for a little while. (Stagnancy and deploying will do that.) But with the very noticable activity by you and the new mod Clueless, its kind of nice to to see some real tangible excitement coming from the old dogs I haven't seen post in a little while either.

That and those filthy FILTHY diamond badges. I want em. So I wanted to say thanks to you two. It's been a real positive moment for the site because of it. I'm really looking forward to the achievement scavenger hunt.

For better or worse, change is good I guess.
Old 01-15-2013, 01:24 AM   #47
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryot Control View Post
But with the very noticable activity by you and the new mod Clueless, its kind of nice to to see some real tangible excitement coming from the old dogs I haven't seen post in a little while either.
I was away for a while too (though I still stopped in) and coming back here in the middle of this was FANTASTIC.
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:46 AM   #48
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Awards Showcase Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanko View Post
I was away for a while too (though I still stopped in) and coming back here in the middle of this was FANTASTIC.
Then there's people like me with nothing better to do. XD

Old 01-15-2013, 02:32 AM   #49
A ZombieTwinkie

A ZombieTwinkie's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
This is a pretty awesome idea. Can't wait to see the full list for all, even though I know I'll never get 'em all, haha.

*Props to G A C K T for the awesome sig*

A ZombieTwinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:56 AM   #50
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritneysBoo View Post
I cant wait to get the award for Hell mode on Bulletwitch.
You won't get an award for just one...you will have to have a minimum of ten of the achievements to get the bronze award.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryot Control View Post
You know, I've kinda wandered off the site for a little while. (Stagnancy and deploying will do that.) But with the very noticable activity by you and the new mod Clueless, its kind of nice to to see some real tangible excitement coming from the old dogs I haven't seen post in a little while either.

That and those filthy FILTHY diamond badges. I want em. So I wanted to say thanks to you two. It's been a real positive moment for the site because of it. I'm really looking forward to the achievement scavenger hunt.

For better or worse, change is good I guess.
Glad to have you back around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A ZombieTwinkie View Post
This is a pretty awesome idea. Can't wait to see the full list for all, even though I know I'll never get 'em all, haha.
Hah! You and me both.

Old 01-15-2013, 05:23 PM   #51
Midtown001

Midtown001's Gamercard
I spend so much time chasing achievements, do we really need to additional incentives to play? Debate....
Midtown001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:51 PM   #52
Opiate42

Location: Canada, likely stuck in a snowdrift...with no shovel

Opiate42's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Rajeanero   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Ooh, really want to see that list....

"Hit it"
Opiate42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:01 PM   #53
Capn Doug
Community and Events Lead

Capn Doug XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Gotta Go Fast! Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Ceris   Staff Club - rekikire   The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Arcade Crazy - Platinum   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 2   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Shiftie   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 3
Total Awards: 50 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opiate42 View Post
Ooh, really want to see that list....
You can always subscribe it you want to see the list early
Old 01-15-2013, 07:25 PM   #54
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capn Doug View Post
You can always subscribe it you want to see the list early

I think Creech mentioned the checklist would be out within a few days. Stay tuned.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 07:30 PM   #55
Creech
Administrator

Just Creech's Gamercard

I am working on the checklist right now, actually.

Old 01-15-2013, 07:58 PM   #56
Barad
Nice One Bungie

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer
Total Awards: 23 (more» ...)
Every second is dragging painfully slow till these awards are handed out and the checklist goes live!

Faster Creech.
Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:18 PM   #57
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Every second is dragging painfully slow till these awards are handed out and the checklist goes live!

Faster Creech.
Well if Bar says it... Creech must hurry.

You have to get on the train in the beginning when things are still changing and everything is rough, unpolished, and incomplete in order to enjoy the bliss found at your stop.
THE DEADLY DOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #58
Suedon70
Living the dream....

SueDon70's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Gold   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Extremely cool additions to this awesome site! I hope I'll be able to obtain some of the more quirky achievements

Suedon70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:13 PM   #59
Tatanko
Ductus Exemplo

Tatanko's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 4   Subscriber - Bronze   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   5,000 Posts   A+ Thread Award   XBA Promoter   Over Achiever - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suedon70 View Post
I hope I'll be able to obtain some of the more quirky achievements
If I decide to go beyond bronze, the bulk of my focus will be on the quirky half of the list. In my opinion it's more fun to explore the unusual or less-traveled way of playing than it is to force yourself through frustration to accomplish something more difficult.
Tatanko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #60
StayonTarget
Chumps and Chumpettes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatanko View Post
If I decide to go beyond bronze, the bulk of my focus will be on the quirky half of the list. In my opinion it's more fun to explore the unusual or less-traveled way of playing than it is to force yourself through frustration to accomplish something more difficult.
For sure. I probably half 5-10 of each ANYWAYS but hard games aren't fun. They are rewarding when they are completed but Heart of Reich wasn't fun or enjoyable.