PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Far Cry 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-05-2013, 12:19 AM   #1
plum

how the hell do you do the gunslinger takedown skill????

I have clicked on the skill tree and then viewed the video for gunslinger takedown. I have done everything that the vid has showed me but for the life of me i cant get the pistol from the enemies holster. Please someone help me its doing my head in. (the games says press rs then press lt once, i have also held lt in and tapped it loads as well)

This is my last tattoo for the achieve
plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:02 AM   #2
StayonTarget
Goggles Anybody?

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Press RB?

You can't use a tattoo skill unless it's unlocked.

Thanks to Rajeanero for the sig!
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:20 AM   #3
plum

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
Press RB?

You can't use a tattoo skill unless it's unlocked.
so how do i unlock that skill then,just press rb wile in hold?

also i search forum and nothing came up
Old 01-05-2013, 02:38 AM   #4
ShmedReborn

Ummm, are you asking how to unlock the skill? Press , select SKILLS in the menu, , use and to select GUNSLINGER TAKEDOWN, and then press . Assuming that you have a skill point and have unlocked the prerequisite skills, you will get the Gunslinger Takedown skill!

To use the skill, after pressing to takedown, spam Then use and to select and shoot enemies.

I am a gamer. I am a completionist. I am an Achievement Hunter
ShmedReborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:44 AM   #5
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by plum View Post
This is my last tattoo for the achieve
You don't have to perform the skill to unlock the achievement. You only have to purchase it.

I swear, there must be something in the air around this forum lately.
ColdSpider72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:31 PM   #6
plum

Sorry will word it again was tired last night and pissed off at it. I have the skill locked and it says get 10 kills with an enemies pistol .
Old 01-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #7
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun72 View Post
LOL! Seems like it.
Quote:
Sorry will word it again was tired last night and pissed off at it. I have the skill locked and it says get 10 kills with an enemies pistol .
What? How do you get 10 kills with the enemy's pistol if you need the skill to do just that? I remember this was an easy unlock for me. Are you sure it's not something like "get 10 kills with a handgun"? That seems more sensible and likely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 02:26 PM   #8
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1   Over Achiever - Silver   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Direkin View Post
LOL! Seems like it.

What? How do you get 10 kills with the enemy's pistol if you need the skill to do just that? I remember this was an easy unlock for me. Are you sure it's not something like "get 10 kills with a handgun"? That seems more sensible and likely.
It is just kills with any pistol. He is misreading it.....again.
Old 01-05-2013, 04:38 PM   #9
BiggD
54 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaun72 View Post
It is just kills with any pistol. He is misreading it.....again.
Lately, I feel embarrassed here on the Far Cry forums. How do people not understand such simple concepts like unlocking Radio Towers or reading the perks on the skill trees?

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #10
DarkCrown

DarkCrown JGT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Lately, I feel embarrassed here on the Far Cry forums. How do people not understand such simple concepts like unlocking Radio Towers or reading the perks on the skill trees?
Because people are lazy and can't understand the stuff by themself. It's a shame really.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:30 PM   #11
plum

The description in my game was completely messed up. It told me to get 10 kills with an enemy pistol so I did not know how to do that but all I had to do was buy a pistol and get 10 kills. Not my fault it's the game.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:31 PM   #12
plum

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCrown View Post
Because people are lazy and can't understand the stuff by themself. It's a shame really.
Not lazy at all spent hrs and hrs with this shit so needed help.
Old 01-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #13
ShmedReborn

Quote:
Not lazy at all spent hrs and hrs with this shit so needed help.
Too lazy to type "hours"?

I am a gamer. I am a completionist. I am an Achievement Hunter
ShmedReborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 07:40 PM   #14
BiggD
54 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
The description in my game was completely messed up. It told me to get 10 kills with an enemy pistol so I did not know how to do that but all I had to do was buy a pistol and get 10 kills. Not my fault it's the game.
It's highly unlikely that your game was the only game that had the perk description wrong...

Old 01-05-2013, 07:51 PM   #15
Direkin

Direkin's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - Shinobi273   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Silver   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Rajeanero   Staff Club - DEG23   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
It's highly unlikely that your game was the only game that had the perk description wrong...
Yeah, was about to say, it seems incredibly unlikely that there would be a special version of the game out and about which had the description for one skill altered.

Edit (because we don't double post here):
Could you post a pic of the description?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabba View Post
The mirror is staring right at the post which reads you are............. So hilarious that english makes them their posting.... Well done cheevo for confirming that you....... You must be drunk to not realise that or just another incoherent fool..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt View Post
heh...don't try to reason with the masses my friend, tis a waste of time
Direkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #16
BiggD
54 Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Yeah, was about to say, it seems incredibly unlikely that there would be a special version of the game out and about which had the description for one skill altered.

Right? Let's see if he follows through with a nice valid picture of this so called 'glitched' Gunslinger perk.

Old 01-06-2013, 12:05 AM   #17
Hent High

Hent High's Gamercard
Google is a thing...
Old 04-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #18
aaaaaaaa1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSpider72 View Post
You don't have to perform the skill to unlock the achievement. You only have to purchase it.

Quote:
LOL! Seems like it.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCrown View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShmedReborn View Post
Too lazy to type "hours"?
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hent High View Post
Google is a thing...
Wow, you people are such d-bags. I stumbled upon this page after flipping through many google pages about signature guns, and this is pathetic.

Can't stand when nerds take advantage of the anonymity of the internet to type to people in a manner that they would be too afraid too
aaaaaaaa1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 12:26 AM   #19
ColdSpider72

ColdSpider72's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaaaaaaa1 View Post
Wow, you people are such d-bags. I stumbled upon this page after flipping through many google pages about signature guns, and this is pathetic.

Can't stand when nerds take advantage of the anonymity of the internet to type to people in a manner that they would be too afraid too

You mean like you just did with that moronic rant? (not to mention the 3rd grade grammar spewing garble you sent my PM box).

Thanks for stopping by.

And if you think only 'nerds' use the internet, feel free to seek me out someday, macho man.
Old 05-01-2013, 10:11 AM   #20
Kievah

Kievah's Gamercard
Ah, I see exactly what Plum's done (shamefully, I was searching for help because I encountered the same issue, ha).

The skills says -
Requires: Handgun Kills ( / 10)

But beneath, it reads, "Steal an enemy's pistol and use it to Kill nearby enemies".

This is a description of the GUNSLINGER TAKEDOWN SKILL, and NOT how to unlock the skills. =/
Old 05-01-2013, 02:32 PM   #21
DarkCrown

DarkCrown JGT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdSpider72 View Post
You mean like you just did with that moronic rant? (not to mention the 3rd grade grammar spewing garble you sent my PM box).

Thanks for stopping by.

And if you think only 'nerds' use the internet, feel free to seek me out someday, macho man.
I was wondering why I had a PM message of him insulting me , I was sure it was one of my friend who registered and send me that as a joke :P