Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Far Cry 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-18-2013, 07:08 PM   #1
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
The Ability To Reset Outposts Confirmed & Other Future Patch Notes

Player feedback is an important part any game’s community. The ability to get first-hand impressions from players and what they think about the product is vital to make a game even more enjoyable. Thanks to the feedback, we are able to expand upon or add to the game experience.

During the games first few months, the Far Cry 3 Team has been collecting feedback from our players; those who enjoy the storyline, those who play online as well as our map makers. New functionality has been requested, and some have suggested improvements to already existing features. So here are some of the features that can be expected in upcoming patches:

Single Player: Ability to Reset Outposts

A big part of Far Cry 3’s single player experience is taking over the outposts manned by Vaas’s pirates and Hoyt’s privateers. These outposts, when taken, offer a safe place to resupply as well as a base of operations when exploring new parts of the Rook Islands.

Taking over an outpost as a player also presents a fun challenge; everything from how to approach the outpost to what weapons and tactics to use. Hence, a lot of community members have requested to be able to ‘reset’ the outposts, so that they can be taken-over again.

Here is how it works:

• After conquering all the outposts and completing the game, the player can reset the outposts by selecting “Reset Outposts” in the gameplay options menu.
• Doing this will reset and make all Outposts hostile again. All incomplete side missions and quests will become hidden. In order to finish the incomplete side missions, you will have to retake the outposts again

Single Player: MASTER - A New Difficulty Setting

For those that have already completed the game on Adventurer, Survivor or Warrior settings and are looking for the next bill challenge, the all-new MASTER difficulty setting will be added in an upcoming patch of the game. Seasoned veterans will find themselves challenged by more aggressive wildlife, tougher pirates, and more deadly privateers. Your skills as a master of the Rook Islands will be tested.

Multiplayer: Feedback on User-Created Maps

The feedback system (while already having some information that is useful for other players looking for maps) has been expanded upon to give more information to the map makers. A new, more intuitive feedback interface and the addition of “feedback tags” have been added.

Multiplayer: New Beta Map Testing and Spectating for Map Makers

The Problem:
With the current system, when a map maker has finished their map, they upload and publish it, essentially just sending it out "into the wild". They are hoping that it will get sufficient plays in order to get some valuable feedback. With a ballooning amount of user-made maps, this becomes harder and harder. The map maker can also have hard time finding enough players to play the map with, so they can judge for themselves where the map can be improved.

The Solution:
1. Someone makes a map in the editor and uploads or publishes it.
2. They start their map with a special option called “Start Beta Test”.
3. Other players who wish to help out with testing new maps, can join the new Beta Test Playlist or go into the Map Archive where all current maps in Beta Test will be displayed.
4. While in Beta test mode, the map creator can use the new spectating feature to monitor how their map is played.
5. After the round is finished, the players give feedback that the mapmaker can then use to improve the map.

Multiplayer: Find Other Maps by the Same Author

Suppose you play a map you really like, and you want to find more maps by that same author. You’d favorite the map, go to the Map Archive and (after the patch has been implemented) search for more maps from the same author. It shines the spotlight on a good authors’ other maps, and also gives the author an incitement to improve all the maps he/she has uploaded and published.

Multiplayer: Removing Idle Kick Time in Custom Matches

Far Cry 3 removes idle players from a match after a few minutes, to ensure the quality of online play. This works well in the standard playlists to weed out inactive players. But players of custom matches have told us that they typically like a much longer wait time before that happens, or want it removed completely. So in keeping with your requests: from now on, “idle kick” is disabled in private and custom matches (MP and Co-Op).

Multiplayer: “Skip Map” Voting System

The community has told us that the voting system for skipping a map in the user map playlists lacks a certain degree of visibility and provides too short a window for people to cast their vote. We have now made it more visible and also extended the time people have to cast their vote.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:37 AM   #2
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
The reset outpost ability was the one thing I asked for. Glad they listened.

I might even go back to this now.
Old 02-20-2013, 03:15 AM   #3
StayonTarget
Intuitive

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
That's all great. But there's so many people who 100%'d this a week or two after it came out that it's gonna take more than that to make us play it again. And no, collecting an additional 60 idols isn't what I mean.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Well when you put it that way, it's very true. I never even thought of the post count counting there.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 04:59 AM   #4
WalterWhite

Awards Showcase Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Over Achiever - Bronze   2,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
That's all great. But there's so many people who 100%'d this a week or two after it came out that it's gonna take more than that to make us play it again. And no, collecting an additional 60 idols isn't what I mean.
Exactly. Great game, but I feel like it's over. I'm not even sure we'll see DLC for it. I don't see what they could even do really.
Old 02-22-2013, 02:23 PM   #5
ZedChuva

ZedChuva's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I 100% the game twice (as in 100% of game, not cheeves... no co-op cheeves for me), and this, is awesome. Outposts are so much fun. Was going to start it up again a 3rd time, just to do the outposts again. Can't wait for the update.
Old 03-05-2013, 03:53 PM   #6
ZedChuva

ZedChuva's Gamercard

YAY! It's out now. Just got it this morning. WOOT!
Old 03-20-2013, 01:03 AM   #7
ajennice

ajennice00's Gamercard

I assume the "reset outposts" is a patch? I can't connect now as my router took a dump (again)... I dnot play much online so i'm in no rush to get a new one.
ajennice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:49 AM   #8
iBuzz7S

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajennice View Post
I assume the "reset outposts" is a patch? I can't connect now as my router took a dump (again)... I dnot play much online so i'm in no rush to get a new one.
Another router dump? That's like your 6th one in 2 years. Probably your 2nd or 3rd "dump" in the last 2-3 months alone.

Yes, it's a patch. Been available for 2 weeks now. Perhaps if you played Far Cry 3 online, you would get the update.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:55 AM   #9
KevinQuik

KevinQuik's Gamercard
Do you get skill points after taking over an outpost after resetting them? :O
Old 03-24-2013, 08:34 PM   #10
VyperJMc

Send a message via AIM to VyperJMc

VyperJMc's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinQuik View Post
Do you get skill points after taking over an outpost after resetting them? :O
Yeah.
(10 char.)

VyperJMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:06 AM   #11
preckto

Preckto's Gamercard
I was going to get rid of the game because i had nothing left to do with it. but now master difficulty and reset outposts?
preckto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #12
Captain Dude77

Captain Dude77's Gamercard
It's a good thing they did it, so I might be able to get the achievements once I reset all outposts so I should have no problems going for it again. That and complete the co-op maps offline with an IRL friend I know in Australia. Should be the best 1000G that I'll get on FarCry 3.

Captain Dude77 is offline   Reply With Quote