PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 6
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-31-2013, 07:44 AM   #31
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Since Unarmed Warrior ends in like 3 hours, I went ahead and updated the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by laufujai View Post
I know you lose score and all if you don't finish, but I'm hoping the kills (and in this case, melee) still count.... Can anyone confirm?
Unless RE.net is just taking awhile to update, it doesn't appear that kills count if you die. I played several games on Requiem of War without success and my melee count is still 577 :S

As for the EX3, I'm waiting for info about loadouts. If it's default loadout, I'll likely go with Chris. If it's the alternate loadout, I honestly don't know because I haven't found an alternate loadout that I like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 01-31-2013 at 07:51 AM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:10 AM   #32
MoldyClay87

Send a message via AIM to MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
You definitely do not get kills if you die. I made a point to compare during the zombie event for the first EX3 costume. It's annoying. I may just keep replaying Chris/Jake and kill the giants there if I can't get good at Requiem of War.

That said, the EX3 costumes are the Alternate Loadout, so it's the same loadout for EX1 and EX2, not the default.

I wanted Sherry (I love her loadout and use her constantly, and love Sherry to begin with) but I went with Chris first so my girlfriend didn't get offended about me choosing Sherry again. I am *definitely* picking Sherry for this event, however.

I was debating between Leon and Chris. Wanted Leon to celebrate the anniversary of RE2, but I like EX Chris's loadout significantly more than EX Leon's. Mainly because I am a huge fan of shotguns, so all loadouts containing one is on my awesome list.

Looks great. People kept whining about the blocky costumes and they're pretty damn smooth/HD for how 'blocky' they are.

100% Retail: 21/78 ; 100% Arcade: 46/87
Most Recent: Clive Barker's Jericho ; Contrast
MoldyClay87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 04:17 PM   #33
HamKet

Ham Salad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
I picked up Ada EX3. Can't wait to try it out.

I noticed the next EX3 event after tomorrow's begins on March 1. So it looks like it will be a monthly thing.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:16 PM   #34
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Next set of events added to the OP. Pax Aeterna seems incredibly dull, we just had an event involving that boss, the only difference being that you can use Ada now. The amount of RE Points for the event is bonkers though. I also just realized that with the ability to select certain points in a Chapter, we probably won't be seeing any more speedrun events

Kills not counting in failed Merc rounds is a serious bummer, feel like I wasted a good chunk of time on this last event now and like MoldyClay I'm hesitant to try farming Ogroman on Requiem of War.

Something new has popped up on RE.net, alongside Agent Level there's now a Creature Level. I'm trying to find more specific info on it now, I just logged in and went up to Level 2 right away.

Last order of business, there's a couple free Diorama Figures now and I can't figure out who they're supposed to be.

Quote:
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

Last edited by Veedrock; 01-31-2013 at 06:44 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:37 AM   #35
MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
I'm glad I wasn't crazy and Creature Level IS new, haha.

I am still Lv.1, my friend is 2. I assume it has to do with kills in Agent Hunt, not just wins, as I only have one kill and my friend has 3.

Yuka Nanjyou is a model, I believe. Not 100% sure. Haggy has something to do with a Capcom newsfeed or something. Can't find much info, but it's related to Capcom in Japan, so it's weird that we're even getting them. Seeing as I didn't buy any figures yet, this works out great though since it counts and gets me the badge/points.

Also, someone already ruining the EX3 event (until fixed) by having 9,999,967 kills. Ugh. Really dude?

Anyway, I only have 6 kills so far, and my co-op friend has only 3. Forget how many times we played, but it sucks that deaths don't count and there's only two Ogromen in that stage, I think. And it only counts ones you personally killed, so if we only make it to one of the giants, only the one who kills it gets it.

Luckily, Chris's EX loadout is great for this, since you can just Rocket Launcher him. It's perfect.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:24 AM   #36
Cobwebbyfir

Cobwebbyfir's Gamercard
if capcom did not remove the one have 9,999,967 kills all the players get a lot of points we kill (10024267) how much we get points for this
Each block of 5,000 enemies defeated over the target awards 1,000 Points
so we get 2.000.000 points

Last edited by Cobwebbyfir; 02-03-2013 at 09:30 AM.
Cobwebbyfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 12:39 PM   #37
MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
Capcom generally removes cheaters before the next update period. I mean, that'd be awesome to get all those points, but if they wanted to do that, they should've waited until the last second so it wouldn't be caught so easily.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:44 PM   #38
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

They'll definitely remove it. Assuming that's the only hacked score we're already at 27409 kills anyways, so we should be picking up a lot of bonus points.

Currently at Rank 38 with 57 kills, mostly been farming Jake's chapter 1-4 while working on weapon kills for Web Medals. Weekend's about over though so hopefully it'll only take a little upkeep to stay in Top 100.

Team event is coming up, should probably organize a team now. Who's interested?

EDIT: Turns out the answer to Creature Level was in the RE.net FAQ haha

Quote:
Q: What is the Creature Level?

A: The Creature Level on RE.NET represents the number of Agents you have defeated. When you play as a creature, you accumulate experience points (EXP) according to the number of Agents you defeat; your Creature Level increases each time you reach a set amount of EXP.

Quote:

Last edited by Veedrock; 02-03-2013 at 07:13 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #39
HamKet

Ham Salad's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Silver   Submit - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
If I am playing the campaign to get Ogroman kills, do I need to complete the whole chapter for them to count?
Old 02-03-2013, 09:50 PM   #40
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamKet View Post
If I am playing the campaign to get Ogroman kills, do I need to complete the whole chapter for them to count?
No, you can stage select to the crossover and just quit after you complete the section.

Quote:

Old 02-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #41
laufujai

A Taste Of Zen's Gamercard
Not too sure how much time I'll be on over the next few weeks, but I'll definitely be up for the team!

Haven't done a team event yet, how do they work?
laufujai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:27 PM   #42
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Quote:
Not too sure how much time I'll be on over the next few weeks, but I'll definitely be up for the team!

Haven't done a team event yet, how do they work?
Info about team formation can be found on the event page. If you're just wondering how ranking works, it's just like any other event but instead of ranking you individually it adds the total score of all team members.

I just noticed on the event page that the Stun Rod is placed alongside the knives in the photo, so it'll probably count.

EDIT: Sweetness, the only Web Badge I'm missing is for killing 50 enemies with knives, will knock that out during the team event.

Quote:

Last edited by Veedrock; 02-03-2013 at 11:21 PM.
Old 02-03-2013, 10:50 PM   #43
laufujai

Ok cool, then sign me up!
Old 02-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #44
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

People put in work Sunday, we're at over 40k collectively and I dropped a good number of spots because I was playing other modes. Good to see you in the Top 100 laufujai

EDIT: Well it wasn't the weekend that caused people to contribute so much, we earned another 10k kills today, now at over 50k collectively. Top 100 is getting really competitive, I'm almost knocked out D:

Quote:

Last edited by Veedrock; 02-05-2013 at 07:53 AM.
Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 AM   #45
laufujai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veedrock View Post
People put in work Sunday, we're at over 40k collectively and I dropped a good number of spots because I was playing other modes. Good to see you in the Top 100 laufujai

EDIT: Well it wasn't the weekend that caused people to contribute so much, we earned another 10k kills today, now at over 50k collectively. Top 100 is getting really competitive, I'm almost knocked out D:
I know, man... I debuted at #16 and thought WOW, but lately it's been a struggle to stay too 100! It's the same machines at the top that are just slaying the rest of us with their scores!

I hope I finish in the top bracket, would be nice for once, but to be honest, I don't want to see another Ogroman ever! Haha!
Old 02-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #46
MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
I can't believe how far over it we are now, and still have 2 days? Already, I am pretty sure people will be getting AT LEAST 15,000 or something points, and depending on placement, obviously several thousand more. Top 100 will get 55,000 right now, top 1,000 gets like 35,000 and so on.

As of right now (though I should get more kills or I'll fall out), I'll be getting 30,000, and that's just right now (or in 2,000 kills, but still).

I could easily see the event hitting around 70,000 kills netting a base of 18,000 points for everyone, plus whatever they place.

Consider me stoked. This will get me not only a 2nd EX3 costume, but my 5th EX2 costume and already most of the way towards my 6th.

Sherry EX3 & Piers EX2 HERE I COME!

Old 02-06-2013, 04:29 PM   #47
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Top 3 are duking it out hard something fierce, it'll be a close finish. Something like 30 hours left and we're at 67k kills now.

I farmed quite a bit yesterday and climbed from Rank 97 to Rank 50

EDIT: Now at 73k kills.

Quote:

Last edited by Veedrock; 02-06-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 04:36 PM   #48
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

I'm starting to get concerned, they seemed to have missed the last update period so the leaderboards are not accurate. So with 17 hours left I have no idea where I am in the standings :/

Quote:

Last edited by Veedrock; 02-07-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 02-07-2013, 08:01 PM   #49
laufujai

Quote:
I'm starting to get concerned, they seemed to have missed the last update period so the leaderboards are not accurate. So with 17 hours left I have no idea where I am in the standings :/
I noticed this too...

The kills have been updated, but not my positioning... I really hope that I can stay in the top 100, I'd hate to fall out at the last step!

Haven't been able to get on much the last few days, so tonight will be my last push....!

Good luck, all!
Old 02-08-2013, 03:23 PM   #50
SurfingChimp

surfingchimp's Gamercard
Anyone still looking for a team member? I haven't participated in an event yet, but I feel like I'm missing out and would love to join this one, says it starts in 6 days?
SurfingChimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 04:37 PM   #51
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

God I am freaking out about Neutralize The Threat, the leaderboard seems to have updated but with Wednesday's stats instead of yesterday's, so again it doesn't tell us anything. I should have over 200 kills and it's saying I only have 158 (though still Top 100). Hopefully they get the final results up soon so I can relax.

Looking ahead to the next event Gentlemen's Agreement, I'm trying to think up some good farming spots. So far I've got Chris 2-4 and 5-1, Jake 3-2 (especially with Agent Hunt), and Ada 2-3. Haven't measured how many BOWs you get per chapter or how fast you can get through them, just theorizing.

I created a team for Up Close And Personal, called it "Code Veronica x360a." Feel free to apply here, but since I've only got 2 slots open (laufujai is in) and I'm determined to earn a top rank, I'll be looking for dedicated players. It's a three day event, have to make every day count.

EDIT: Going to rule out Jake 3-2 (takes too long) and Ada 2-3 (too few enemies unless Whoppers count) for the next event. Chris 2-4 worked pretty well, 12 kills in 7-8 minutes. Still going to test 5-1 and I'm open to suggestions on other chapters. Onslaught may work, but I've had shoddy results in getting the bigger BOWs. Whether I get regular zombies or things like Strelats is a crapshoot.

EDIT 2: Doing some mercs testing for the team event, Solo against Neo-Umbrella J'avo with Chris/EX Jake; Martial Arts Master (2 knife quick shots) got more consistent results than Quick Shot Damage Increase (sometimes taking 3 knife quick shots). Meant to try it without any damage buff but I forgot.

I did some testing with the Stun Rod too and it worked out much better than the knife, but there's the question of whether kills from the extra electric effect count or not. One would think that it'd simply register as a Stun Rod kill and thus count, but these kills don't give you a +5 time bonus so the game does differentiate them. Hopefully the official ruleset will clear up the confusion when it's released.

The campaign is viable, but the AI can be a bit of a bitch by taking your kills, and of course if you're doing co-op then only one player can earn the kills. Will need to find a good place with lots of enemies, trying to think if there's any areas with infinite respawn but I'm drawing a blank. The final stage of the Simmons fight does but that's probably not an ideal place to work on this

Quote:

Last edited by Veedrock; 02-09-2013 at 09:54 PM.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:19 PM   #52
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Ruleset for Gentlemen's Agreement is up, though it's nothing we hadn't already predicted. Event starts in about 11 hours.

Still looking for hardcore players for the team event.

Quote:

Last edited by Veedrock; 02-10-2013 at 11:56 PM.
Old 02-12-2013, 12:57 AM   #53
MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
My friend and I still need two people to join our team. Don't really care who.

http://www.residentevil.net/en/xbox/...ail-72772.html

https://www.residentevil.net/en/xbox...irm-72772.html

Team's called "The Jill Sandwiches" or whatever. I'm not in charge of it, but if anyone joins let me know.

It's just for fun, so we're not really worried about where we place.

Old 02-13-2013, 03:21 PM   #54
Nonoal

Nonoal's Gamercard
Just send you a request

Nonoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #55
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

RE Points and EX3 Tickets have been awarded for Neutralize The Threat. I got 61000 points for it, though I'm still pretty peeved that they didn't register my kills from the final day.

Team event starts Friday, still got an open spot on my team.

Quote:

Last edited by Veedrock; 02-14-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:56 PM   #56
MoldyClay87

MoldyClay87's Gamercard
I didn't realize it's just recommended for 4. Anyway, I'll ask my friend if he accepted anyone else yet.

That said, got 41,000 points for the event. Got Sherry EX3, which looks awful in the best way (and she's one of my "mains", *cough*SHOTGUN*cough*), and since I had points, I got EX2 Piers.

Now I am only missing EX2 for Helena and Jake, and thanks to the Ogroman event, I am almost there. Getting Helena next.

My next EX3 will be Leon in March. Super excited.

Old 02-14-2013, 06:17 AM   #57
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Jesus, I don't get why these events start off so slow and then get hyper competitive. First day of Gentlemen's Agreement I was in Top 100 with 88 kills (like an hour of playing), didn't play the next day and got bumped down to 206, and after a lot of grinding today I'm barely Top 100 with 400 kills x_x

Still though, the very top ranks are just a league of their own, seriously Rank 1 has over 20k kills! I'm determined to do place high in the Team event but there is just no way I'll be able to keep up with them.

Only a few hours left, going to make them count I guess.

I grabbed EX3 Chris with this last Event Ticket and EX2 Ada with the Points. Only have Helena and Leon EX2 left. After that I'll probably just stockpile points until Revelations in the off chance that points are shared between sites, and if not then I'll just splurge on Diorama figures. My EX3 unlock order is going to be Leon, then Sherry, then Helena, and lastly Piers.

EDIT: Ah shit, team join phase is over. Going at it with 3 members, and I'm not even sure who the 3rd member is :I

Quote:

Last edited by Veedrock; 02-14-2013 at 11:57 AM.
Old 02-14-2013, 07:48 PM   #58
laufujai

Quote:
EDIT: Ah shit, team join phase is over. Going at it with 3 members, and I'm not even sure who the 3rd member is :I
It's ok, I'm sure that well be able to hold our own.

I'm actually off work for the next two days so should have some good time to get on an grind some kills out! Soon as I find a good spot I'm comfortable with I'll be good to go.

Right now looks like it will be mercenaries for me.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:20 PM   #59
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Quote:
I'm actually off work for the next two days so should have some good time to get on an grind some kills out! Soon as I find a good spot I'm comfortable with I'll be good to go.
Unfortunately I do have work, but that never stopped me from placing well in former events I'll be putting work in every moment I can.

Quote:
Right now looks like it will be mercenaries for me.
Likewise, I couldn't find a worthwhile spot in the campaign to farm. Urban Chaos and Rooftops worked well in practice with both Sherry and Chris, it's easier to get in on Zombies than Javo imo; you just have to be careful not to get greedy lategame so the kills don't go down the drain.

I'm also thinking that Onslaught might be worth trying, I realize it'll become less than practical after the opponent starts sending enemies, but the enemies seem to drop a lot easier in this mode and the shorter game time might work in its favor.

EDIT: Rules are up, straightforward with no twists and Stun Rod does indeed count. The tie breaker in this event is pretty nifty though.

Quote:

Last edited by Veedrock; 02-14-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Old 02-15-2013, 09:42 PM   #60
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Well if the goal of this event was to garner some appreciate for the knife, I'm happy to say it's working.

Best farming method is playing Urban Chaos without grabbing time bonuses, you get an average of 60-70 kills in a 5-6 minute game. You may not get any kills for the first 30 seconds, but the clock is getting constantly refilled by your knife kills once you get rolling, lasting until the Bloodshots show up, at which point the clock should run out. If you grab time bonuses then the games last extremely long, hindering your chances of survival and wasting time since you can't really use the knife on the second half of the game.

Quote:

Last edited by Veedrock; 02-15-2013 at 10:29 PM.