PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Fighting > Dead or Alive 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-20-2009, 07:08 PM   #31
Reloaded

broseppi's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelton View Post
Appreciate the video's Reloaded and the tips Dunbine.

Reloaded-Were u also playing without the patch? According to Vesper, Hayate is more powerful without the patch...

I've tried survival mode, it is so difficult though. Most I've got is 63 in tag. Sometimes I'll be doing great, then suddenly one character will come out and just whoop my arse. Very frustrating.
I did follow Vesper's guide almost exactly so yes I did play without the patch. My highest with the patch is only 67 but that was on normal health bar while I was trying to get all the items.

63 is good but most of the time you shouldn't lose to the 1-6 characters they're the easiest, 7-10 you'll want to really pay attention and block after they block your attack etc. Anyways goodluck.
Old 07-17-2009, 11:53 PM   #32
JiveT

OpticDash's Gamercard
hey this is good stuff I have been trying to do Survival mode with Bayman and I can't even get past 12 or so and sometimes I can't get past the first level it's like the computer is sitting there stroking it's chin thinking what it should do and sometimes it goes with...yeah let's just beat the ever loving shit out of this guy counter everything he does and blow him off the face of the earth
Old 08-02-2009, 11:12 PM   #33
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
Hey guys, I'm working on the 100 wins now and I was wondering, will I still be perfectly capable of getting the wins WITH the patch? I say this because I'm really OCD about my achievements having dates on them and I want to play them over live. I'm going to follow the same method as the video shows and I'm already working on memorizing the combos while still under the pressures of fighting. Now how long do these guys tend to take?

Remember I HAVE 1k'd SF4 and gotten everything legit and I tend to pick up to challenging stuff fast (1k GH 3, CoD WAW, etc) will this be OMG WTF IMPOSSIBLE compared to some of those games or will they just be a good challenge?
GTA4 Wanted UNLOCKED - 8/22/10
DoAX2 Collections Gifted: 15/72

I don't have time to freely help people in games, sorry guys! Messages asking for so will be ignored as well as random friend requests.
IceKingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 01:42 AM   #34
RyuujinZero

Send a message via ICQ to RyuujinZero Send a message via AIM to RyuujinZero Send a message via Yahoo to RyuujinZero Send a message via Skype™ to RyuujinZero

RyuujinZero's Gamercard
78 wins and lost. The Youtube vids don't really do any good if your skill level isn't equal to the person playing :/
RyuujinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 12:28 AM   #35
FTWer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reloaded View Post
YouTube - Dead or Alive 4 Survival 60-80

YouTube - Dead or Alive 4 Survival 80-100

I made these a couple weeks ago, maybe they can help.
I need to watch those videos.

FTWer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:32 AM   #36
schorpioen

shinjiba's Gamercard
great stuff. It's really hard to get all the GS
Old 03-06-2010, 08:00 PM   #37
FeLizP
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Actually you don't have to tinker with your save files to make a FRESH FILE to make Survival Easier. Simply start up Dead or Alive 4 with another profile that has not unlocked all characters and head into Survival Mode. When you are at the Character Select screen sign out then sign in with your XBL Gamer Tag.

Now you can play Survial without worrying about facing Tengu,Leon,Ein,etc. Achievements will still unlock even if you get lets say 80 wins, the achievement will unlock for your GT even though you played with another Profiles settings. The achievement will unlock when you quit to main menu after you lose in Survival. The only downfall to this trick is that your wins won't be recorded for your Profile.

This Trick eliminates the need for you to delete or move your saves to a Memory card because not everyone has one.

One more thing, when using this trick be sure to use Hayate because if you are playing the orignal DOA4 he will be overpowered and you can take out the CPU with his Straight Punch (Down,Right+) Make sure you use it to hit oppnents against the ropes for more damage. Also be sure to dash( Toward,Toward) and Press , while they are near the ropes for good damage.

Opponents that are Number 7-10, 17-20, etc. are your SUPER ones so be sure to grab them because they love to counter.Settings should not matter, however Life Bar should be put on Smallest if you think your good enough or Largest just in case you make a lot of mistakes(I like largest).I got 70 wins on my first try when I used these settings and I don't even use Hayate usually.

Good luck!

Last edited by FeLizP; 08-15-2012 at 03:44 AM.
FeLizP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 11:13 AM   #38
Kayin

Kayin Amoh's Gamercard
Man, it's been a while since I did these. My biggest suggestion would be to mix up your game plan frequently - if you strike all the time, the CPU will counter far more often. Get used to flicking out a few hits and then grabbing if you expect a counter.

Secondly, juggle combos are your friend. If they're in the air, they're not capable of punching you in the face.

I did it with Christie because Christie is ace. You'll also get tons of points with her since she combos an insane amount. I think I may even go back and record the survival mode if I have time and I'm still capable of beating it.
Kayin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 12:49 AM   #39
MCMANRFC08

TA Ultimo's Gamercard
i got 77 wins in survival single 3 times in a row. Can never get past 77 lol.
MCMANRFC08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 08:14 PM   #40
Xx KeNoH xX

I was following the guide but its still mad hard to get all the wins. Most I could get was 61 b/c I get these guys that counter every move I make. Maybe I should just practice more. Anyone have any other good tips?
Xx KeNoH xX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 05:20 AM   #41
Kayin

Kayin Amoh's Gamercard
You absolutely have to mix up your game, and get as many launch/wall combos as you can. If you get too happy with striking, they'll counter a lot more.
Old 04-11-2010, 03:23 PM   #42
TheMonkeyBob

TheMonkeyBob's Gamercard
Has anyone tried survival on easy? I find that on easy the AI is more offensive and less defencive. It's not normally accessible and can only be set by editing your save file.
My time zone: -8:00
TheMonkeyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 12:56 PM   #43
FeLizP
Banned User

Send a message via AIM to FeLizP Send a message via Yahoo to FeLizP Send a message via Skype™ to FeLizP

FeLizP's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Achievement Guide - Bronze   Road Map - Bronze
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I totally agree with Kayin on this, mix up your game. When I got the 100 wins I found that low attacks work very well against the computer and that also Kokoro was the 100th person on BOTH occasions(Tag and Single)

But that was just me. In Tag I lost Hitomi(my partner) on the 99th person which was Christie but I came back and won it all with a battered Hayate.

Vespers Guide gives a few good combos I only used like 1 or 2 after that I just experimented. You have to casually play Survival and after a while you will get the hang of things and it may even become fun! Here are my Steps:

1. Have Fun! Laugh and joke but at the same time take the game seriously when going for 100 wins.

2. Sign Out before going into Survival then sign back in at the character select screen to avoid having to face extra characters.

3.Use Hayate for Single.For Tag use Hayate and your best character, I like Hitomi.

4. Be consistent, don't counter unless your a pro, beware of CPU they love to stomp you while your down and juggle.

5. Always hit CPU against ropes when you can(Down,Toward+Y with Hayate). Be careful when running attacking against people like Lei Fang or Tina they can counter you and hit you against the ropes! Hitmoi also has a forward punch like Hayate that can also be done by pressing Down,Toward+Y.

6. Use Launchers, they are your best friend here, (Up+Y with Hayate). That way you can juggle the CPU has much as possible then finish off with a devastating hit into the ropes.

7. Pick up food, but safely wait until you KO the CPU to pick up items.

8. Use Health Bar: Largest that way you don't die after 2 counters from the CPU

9. Learn each characters psychology that way you know how to deal with them(e.g Bass likes to counter and swing you into the ropes when you dash kick him) you can only gain knowledge of them through casual play

10. Block! (Hold X) People like Jann Lee and Zack go on fighting frenzies at times so be sure to block and while they recover you take them out with a nasty combo into the ropes!

Stick to these methods and you will get the achievements no problem, I still need Rank SS and then I have 1000G. Good Luck everyone.

Last edited by FeLizP; 04-14-2010 at 05:11 PM.
FeLizP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:07 AM   #44
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
I guess I'll post this here instead of making a new thread, but this game is so unfair it's unreal.

Playing single, I lost after 99 wins against Bayman. I had him in the rope combo, but instead of pressing 7K to finish him off I accidentally pressed 8K and missed. He then proceeded to kick my ass, knocking me to the ground, and finished me off while grabbing me when I was on the ground. What the fuck? How is it fair that he can grab me while on the ground, where I'm totally defenseless?

And then, yesterday, I lost after 97 wins in tag. It was completely my fault I'll admit, but it's still infuriating to lose when you're that close, especially when I still had both characters alive.

EDIT 05-18-2010: Still got neither, although I've given up on tag for now since it's harder. I swear though, this WILL be the first ever game I fucking destroy after I complete it. Piece of shit.

EDIT: 05-28-2010: Finally finished. Made a new, fresh file yesterday and got 39 wins and then my 100 wins. Today I did team and lost at 98 wins (grrr) and then tried again a couple hours later and got it.

Last edited by dakisbac; 05-28-2010 at 04:55 AM.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 05:01 PM   #45
DMC_Dante

thx to all you guys here
This really helped me a lot. For now i didnt finish the 100 strikes both single and tag but deal with 60 opponents now is really comfortable. Before i was happy when i get 10 lol ^^.

Keep up the good work
DMC_Dante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:21 PM   #46
IceKingz

IceKingz's Gamercard
Wow, two days ago I got BOTH 100 wins in tag and singles!! I'm a very happy person =P.

For tag I used Hayate (with this guide) and Ein (PK Hold P, P P Hold P, and Hold 4PK) made it to 100 without losing either guy and got it on my first try that day.

Later that night I had been trying it with Hayate and occassionally I would play as Ein using those 3 moves mainly and ironically I made it to 100 with Ein instead of Hayate. The best part is the 90's really were a joke. I had more close calls in the 20's and 30's which still amazes me. Anyways now I just need the 100 hour achieve and then I'm done! Good luck to everyone still attempting this achievement! I will say luck is a MAJOR factor seeing as I had mastered this guide and still pulled it off with Ein instead. And also I played on largest EVEN with Ein. What I seemed to find out was that the AI won't counter a move more than 2 times (rarely 3). If I spamed PK P then I was usually good to go.
GTA4 Wanted UNLOCKED - 8/22/10
DoAX2 Collections Gifted: 15/72

I don't have time to freely help people in games, sorry guys! Messages asking for so will be ignored as well as random friend requests.
IceKingz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 03:32 PM   #47
RazinTempest

RazinTempest's Gamercard
Survival mode achievements are so annoying.. I keep getting so close 90+ wins then dying..
RazinTempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 09:23 PM   #48
ScizX

ScizX's Gamercard
Died at 99 wins

FML

Edit: After 3 days, and a winstreak of 99, 98, 92, 89, 88, 87, (and countless ranging 50-79) I finally got 100 in tag I'm not sure if I can mentally handle going for the single achievement haha...
Dead or Alive 4
Devil may Cry 4

Last edited by ScizX; 08-27-2010 at 09:57 PM.
ScizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:09 AM   #49
Kayin

Kayin Amoh's Gamercard
Okay, as I mentioned a few months back I decided to record myself playing Survival. I'm not sure how much help it'll be, but this playstyle got me to number 8 in the rankings four years ago and even today I'm sitting at around rank 80 along with a few of my friends that I also ran through the game for. (Bobby Wisely, Mambo Penguin and Fugster J are also my scores - you'll notice they're fairly close to my own, since I played the same way and used the same character)

I'm also a little out of practice and miss several grab opportunities and the like - and while my HD ran out of space around fight 73, I don't really change up my game so I decided just to post the 15 minute limit that Youtube allows from the first 60 fights.

Also, you don't see me doing it enough but Christie's DB+K, D+K (Hold down) is a good mix up which allows you to either throw or tap punch twice to slam them into the ropes. My lack of low attacks is pretty apparent in the vid, but hey, after just a couple of attempts I got the hundred and I'm badly out of practice.

Don't give up, sometimes the AI will just do terrible, terrible things to you and it feels like there's nothing you can do. Just take a break, have some coffee, shake it off and try again later. FeLizp gives some great advice in his post up there.

Oh, and Christie is excellent. That is all.

Last edited by Kayin; 09-01-2010 at 09:41 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 06:32 AM   #50
ScizX

ScizX's Gamercard
Thx, helped me getting there! Was a long road lol
Dead or Alive 4
Devil may Cry 4
ScizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:23 AM   #51
Dark Sayer

Tourniquet's Gamercard
Kayin, just curious on the combos you used with Christie. Would you be able to fill us in?
Dark Sayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:56 AM   #52
Dark Sayer

Tourniquet's Gamercard
BTW I just noticed this then, but if you have the original un-patched version of this game, the patch will only come up when you go to the DOA Online section. The patch can also easily be removed from the DOA save file location. In other words, it's not a traditional XBL update but more of a server side update. You can still be online without the update.

Edit: ...Bayman. There has to be a way around him. No mater the combo I do, he generally blocks them or counters me.

Last edited by Dark Sayer; 02-20-2011 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Feel like it
Old 06-03-2011, 06:43 PM   #53
BOOSTER MAN

B IR E A K OUT's Gamercard
great guide
BOOSTER MAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 02:06 AM   #54
Bl4ziN AK47

BlaziN M16's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Ok i have two problems one is that sometimes wen i get knocked down and try to to do the leg sweep 2K i just get up instead. This has to be one of the main reasons i die 80% of the time. And also without the update the panic combo 3FK K P flips the opponent around on the roundhouse kick disabling me to perform the bread and butter, but with the update i can still perform the bread and butter. And if i read correctly u can block with just holding X. Gotta confirm this later because i've been blocking singularly with the analog stick in each direction. that should help me out a lot. Yea so if anyone knows a solution for my leg sweeping while on the ground i would appreciate it thx. P.S. i've already tried just tapping 2K and holding it but occasionally i still just stand up leaving me defenseless to a combo from the gay AI.
Old 06-14-2011, 04:07 PM   #55
Kayin

Kayin Amoh's Gamercard
Haven't been here in a while, dudes. Sorry about the wait for a reply.

Main Christie combos:

K+G, K, K, > P, K, K - A three hit kick combo that bounces them off the floor. PKK's the recommended finisher.

Stun > UF+K, P, P, Bck+P, P, P - that flying kick launcher into rapid punches.

Bck+throw > P, P, P, Fwd+P > P, P, Bck+P, P, P - sets up a good damage launcher.

Bck+K+G > P+K > P, P, K.

Good moves include FF+K : DB+P, K : DB+P+K, P, P

As for sweeps while on the ground, just hold down and press kick. The enemy can hit you while you're prone though, which will force you back up and you'll miss your chance.

Last edited by Kayin; 06-14-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 06-15-2011, 02:23 AM   #56
Bl4ziN AK47

BlaziN M16's Gamercard

For that one juggle combo where u press UK then u start doing PP Back PPP. My combo does a 15 hit combo but it doesnt for some reason hit them into the wall on the last punch. U know why this happens?? I watched ur video and im pretty sure im doing what u are doin. Thanks btw for the reply
Old 06-16-2011, 12:33 PM   #57
Dark Sayer

Tourniquet's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayin View Post
Haven't been here in a while, dudes. Sorry about the wait for a reply.

Main Christie combos:

K+G, K, K, > P, K, K - A three hit kick combo that bounces them off the floor. PKK's the recommended finisher.

Stun > UF+K, P, P, Bck+P, P, P - that flying kick launcher into rapid punches.

Bck+throw > P, P, P, Fwd+P > P, P, Bck+P, P, P - sets up a good damage launcher.

Bck+K+G > P+K > P, P, K.

Good moves include FF+K : DB+P, K : DB+P+K, P, P

As for sweeps while on the ground, just hold down and press kick. The enemy can hit you while you're prone though, which will force you back up and you'll miss your chance.

Thanks for the reply man, got the message as well. Unfortunately I took a short break from going for these achvs and haven't got round to getting back into them, will have another crack shortly though, thanks again!
Old 06-19-2011, 04:29 AM   #58
Bl4ziN AK47

BlaziN M16's Gamercard

Ok here's my two cents. Number 1 when ur going for the single survival i would honestly play with the update. Yes i said with the update and ill tell u why. For one i feel that with hayate they counter you A LOT less when u have extreme low health as long as u keep switching up ur moves you should be good. The key to playing with the update is trying to remember which combos u did in the the particular round u are in and do not do them again unless u are really confident, but i dont recommend repeating anything. I played for about three weeks only playing survival and no other game so u will get to know hayate's combos and moves pretty fast. Ok but there are also two more perks wen playing with the update and that is the wen u are getting up from the ground and u do the leg sweep into the uppercut u do two punches instead of three and then two kicks. This is really powerful and u can do against heavy opponents and the second kick kicks them pretty far usually ending up hitting them into the ropes. And another perk is ur panic combo as stated above the one where u do a cartwheel and then a leg sweep into that punch is also a lot more powerful and useful with the update because with the update after the last punch u can continue with ur bread and butter. But if u dont hav the update i noticed the leg sweep kicks ur opponent into the air which does not allow for ur bread and butter. Also for some reason every time i tried using the "panic" combo without the update they countered it even if it was my first time using it, as with the update they usually will just block it instead of countering u. Another really good tip is if u get blocked trying to do a combo DO NOT do it again because next time they wont block u they will counter u. Ok so for single i would play with the update for the above stated reasons but for tag i would play without the update because Hitomi is amazing without the update. She does not get countered often and has A lot of powerful attacks that kicks and punches the opponents into the ropes. She literally saved my life a lot when i was going for tag. Hayate is very important thought but for tag i couldnt find a second tag team partner to help me until i realized how good she is without the update. Tag was harder for me but for some it may be easier. My problem is when the opponent switches out right when im about to kill them. I would just recommend switching out when ur half health unless ur really confident with ur current half health character. A good way to switch out fast is once u get knocked down do a leg kick and then immediately switch out. And that is my two cents on this wonderful guide. All i got to say is keep trying dont punch holes in ur walls like i did. take breaks when ur really heated and dont break the disk until u 1000 the game. Good luck.
Old 02-19-2012, 07:40 PM   #59
Irish Shadow

Neurodrive's Gamercard
I don't know what inspired me to pick this game back up, but fuck it. I got all of the achievements within the first 3 months of the game being out...except for 80/100 Single Survival, and 100 Tag Survival. So I see this thread and think to myself, maybe it's not as bad as I remember.

Wrong. This game is still infuriatingly difficult. Back in the day, the most wins I could get in single was 66. Tag I know I got to 88 and then lost. Now I can't even get to 30 wins. Screw this game.

Retail Gamerscore Percentage: 46,876/47,735 = 98.13%
Achievement Percentage: 2,043/2,065 = 98.92%
Irish Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #60
AlmaVerse

AlmaVerse's Gamercard
I just got the 100 in Single woohoo! Now just tag and this game is all mine. Thanks for all the tips and video guides guys!
AlmaVerse is offline   Reply With Quote