PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Darksiders 2
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-08-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
xK Marcus

xK Marcus's Gamercard
Should I play the first Darksiders first?

Well I've had Darksiders 2 for a few weeks, and was gonna start playing it now, but I'm wondering if I should get the first Darksiders first.

Is it needed to enjoy/follw Darksiders 2? And if so, how much?
xK Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:22 PM   #2
Cappie

Send a message via Skype™ to Cappie

DEADCOLT 360's Gamercard
Honestly, not really, they are different story arcs and don't really intersect at all.
The only way they really do is that WAR has been accused and charged for his crimes in the previous game, and DEATH sets out to clear his name.

Last edited by Cappie; 01-08-2013 at 12:24 PM.
Cappie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cappie View Post
Honestly, not really, they are different story arcs and don't really intersect at all.
The only way they really do is that WAR has been accused and charged for his crimes in the previous game, and DEATH sets out to clear his name.
Pretty much this, but from many gamers point of view and mine, I'd say it's worth playing.

It's a great game and really has that old school RPG-ish feel to it. Worth giving it a go.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:34 PM   #4
Cappie

Send a message via Skype™ to Cappie

DEADCOLT 360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
Pretty much this, but from many gamers point of view and mine, I'd say it's worth playing.

It's a great game and really has that old school RPG-ish feel to it. Worth giving it a go.
Oh of course, yes, it's worth playing. It is a superior game on every level compared to most of the clutter in the game market today. I would say play the first one just to get used to everything and realise what you're getting into, but as far as "needing" to play that game first, no.

But do play it.

Because I told you to.
Old 01-08-2013, 12:41 PM   #5
xK Marcus

xK Marcus's Gamercard
Ok, thanks for the quick responses guys, I think I'll start Darksiders 2 now then, as I have it and want to, and will get Darksiders if I like it enough.
xK Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:20 PM   #6
ZingZitang

ZingZitang's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by xK Marcus View Post
Ok, thanks for the quick responses guys, I think I'll start Darksiders 2 now then, as I have it and want to, and will get Darksiders if I like it enough.
I reccommend it. They're setting up a pretty large and rich universe with these two games, and some other media(books/graphic novels)

Chronologically, 90% The First Darksiders takes place after the second. Correct me if I'm wrong(Its been a while since I played Darksiders)

“Burn down your cities and leave our farms, and your cities will spring up again as if by magic; but destroy our farms and the grass will grow in the streets of every city in the country.”
- William Jennings Bryan
ZingZitang is offline   Reply With Quote