PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Puzzle and Word > Tetris Splash
Subscribe    Donate

Old 03-22-2008, 04:29 PM   #1
Caddius

Caddius's Gamercard
Combo Achievement

I tried to do the Combo Achievement with the 2 columns open like was suggested in the guide, but I could never get more than 6 combos before I ran out of space. I accidentally left 3 columns open trying it again after trying multiple times, and it was a breeze to get the combo, as a matter of fact I got either 10 or 11 doing that. I did the same thing when going for the All in One and got the 8 combo in one try.

So my suggestion is to leave 3 columns open and build up a solid wall on one side then start putting together lines to make your combos. I found that much easier.

Caddius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:22 AM   #2
BigTMan

ColdandUgly81's Gamercard
It took me a full day of practice to get this one. I've played Tetris for 20 years and this was very hard for some reason.
BigTMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 04:26 AM   #3
DefEdge

DefEdge's Gamercard

Awards Showcase NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
It was certainly not an easy one to get, once I set it up I had to get the right stuff together, and if you can get just 1 or 2 lines based on the setup, you'll get 8 combo by dropping and making gaps that will fill for the next block.

I could see 3 working, because some of the pieces would fit pretty well, but if you don't get the right blocks, you may be hosed and have to restart.
RRoD #1: 9/27/08
DefEdge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 05:47 PM   #4
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I would need to test a three column gap first but my initial opinion of that method would be that it could work but as DefEdge said, the possibility of something getting screwed up seems too likely. When I tried the method written in the guide, I got it on the second try. I will go ahead and give the three column method a try when I have time and try to get the guide updated if it is more successful.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote