PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #1
Lbrun12415

Send a message via AIM to Lbrun12415 Send a message via Yahoo to Lbrun12415

No Dice Soldier's Gamercard
Walking Dead price drop

I was browsing online and a lot of websites has The Walking Dead priced for $49.99 it originally was $59.99 is this a good thing or a bad?
Lbrun12415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 10:47 PM   #2
mithrandir2398

mithrandir2398's Gamercard
Bad most likely. You only ever see price drops, pre-release, like that when they cut something out of the game/shorten it. Probably had a multiplayer component and dropped it or realized it was too short/should have been an XBLA game and decided to cut the price.
mithrandir2398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:08 PM   #3
Shinobi273
Ninja Mod MKII

Shinobi273's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - AOS Puck   Staff Club - Shinobi273   5,000 Posts   Staff - Moderator   Submit - Silver   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrandir2398 View Post
Bad most likely. You only ever see price drops, pre-release, like that when they cut something out of the game/shorten it. Probably had a multiplayer component and dropped it or realized it was too short/should have been an XBLA game and decided to cut the price.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

I would say that it is a bad price because the price should be falling in the next 6 months. Wait till it gets down to $30.
Shinobi273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #4
Midnight_Jasper

Midnight Jasper's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinobi273 View Post
You have no idea what you are talking about.

I would say that it is a bad price because the price should be falling in the next 6 months. Wait till it gets down to $30.
Yo also have no idea what you are talking about. Most games are retail price of $49.99. This is most likely because of a new console is coming.
Old 03-06-2013, 01:12 AM   #5
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet PinkiePie View Post
Yo also have no idea what you are talking about. Most games are retail price of $49.99. This is most likely because of a new console is coming.
No... Almost all games, especially triple A titles, are $59.99 retail when they are released. Anything less is considered a "budget title." Meaning they didn't put millions upon millions of dollars into it like a Call of Duty. So by this being $49.99 it means it was made by a smaller team than a triple a game.

Games get cheaper when they aren't selling well. Not because of a new console. They aren't going to lower prices 6+ months before a console release. That's just stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 07:21 AM   #6
tg rico72

TG RICO72's Gamercard
Sniper Ghost Warrior is still $60 so the argument that a new console is coming is invalid. It is a budget title, it looks like a budget title, and I'm sure it plays like one. I hope I'm surprised by it but after Aliens I'm not getting near a game with out seeing descent reviews.
tg rico72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 08:10 AM   #7
DesirableDan

DesirableDan's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tg rico72 View Post
Sniper Ghost Warrior is still $60 so the argument that a new console is coming is invalid. It is a budget title, it looks like a budget title, and I'm sure it plays like one. I hope I'm surprised by it but after Aliens I'm not getting near a game with out seeing descent reviews.
Sniper Ghost Warrior 2 is 39.99 at retail. I hope more games will be 40-50, and next-gen will be 59.99.