PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 10:06 PM   #31
cab0218
 
cab0218's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 266

cab0218's Gamercard
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_...px#post2184832. That is the thread. Somebody already said then just dont quit. I guess he does not really understand.
__________________


cab0218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:55 PM   #32
WooliestRaptor
 
WooliestRaptor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 161

Wooliest Raptor's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab0218 View Post
https://forums.halowaypoint.com/yaf_...px#post2184832. That is the thread. Somebody already said then just dont quit. I guess he does not really understand.
Oh good, I was just about to respond asking you to post the link (because I'll be fucked if I'm going to find it myself ) when I saw there was a second page. I'm glad this was the first result.
__________________
WooliestRaptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:10 PM   #33
cab0218
 
cab0218's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 266

cab0218's Gamercard
Ya they mostly are calling me a cryer and just saying that 343 can do whatever they want and that people should not quit. There are some real classy people on those forums.
__________________


cab0218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 10:58 PM   #34
totegunz
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 79

Tote Gunzz's Gamercard
Ok for 1 BUNGiE made halo 3 and reach ok? so it was there rules.. halo 4 is all 343 not bungie so new rules... understand now? ok buh bye
totegunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 01:40 AM   #35
Fechdog
 
Fechdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 442

Fechdog's Gamercard
The thing is Reach implemented a quit ban too and I'm pretty sure that other games with multiplayer do it also. If you get banned for quitting too much, it's almost like farming/boosting your pick at what game you can do the best in to raise stats and we all know you can get banned for doing that.
__________________
Fechdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:09 AM   #36
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechdog View Post
The thing is Reach implemented a quit ban too and I'm pretty sure that other games with multiplayer do it also. If you get banned for quitting too much, it's almost like farming/boosting your pick at what game you can do the best in to raise stats and we all know you can get banned for doing that.
1. There was no JIP in Reach.

2. IIRC, CoD and BF have no quit bans.

3. Each playlist is its own gametype; there's hardly a need to "farm" game picks because more likely than not you'll get your preference. You'd have a much more difficult time doing this in Halo: Reach considering there was a good variety of maps/gametypes in any given playlist.

4. I've been quit-banned plenty of times in Halo: Reach; it wasn't because I was "farming/boosting" for preferred games. Your assertion that people getting quit banned is because of some sort of pseudo-farming method for match types is very unsubstantiated. If a player didn't get his preferred map/gametype, all they'd have to do is dashboard or sign-out/sign-in before the match starts (thus being sent to the lobby) and re-enter matchmaking; no attribution towards a quit ban.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:21 AM   #37
BiggD
51 Days 'Til Halo 2
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 14,615

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
2. IIRC, CoD and BF have no quit bans.
Exactly. Call of Duty and Battlefield have never had quit bans. Just wanted to enforce your memory on that.
__________________

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #38
cab0218
 
cab0218's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 266

cab0218's Gamercard
I was talking to a friend and he thinks that Microsoft told 343 to put this in place because when you report someone you can put that they quit early. So in all it seems Microsoft does not support people quitting games.
__________________


cab0218 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 03:47 PM   #39
Fechdog
 
Fechdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 442

Fechdog's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
1. There was no JIP in Reach.
I never said that there were JIP in Reach, but the punishment for quitting was not very severe, so nobody took it serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
2. IIRC, CoD and BF have no quit bans.
Nothing really to say to this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
3. Each playlist is its own gametype; there's hardly a need to "farm" game picks because more likely than not you'll get your preference. You'd have a much more difficult time doing this in Halo: Reach considering there was a good variety of maps/gametypes in any given playlist.
The fact that people quit when certain maps comes up says something, whether the person hates the map or it's not specific for a certain commendation or achievement someone is after. I know map specific achievements are DLC only.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
4. I've been quit-banned plenty of times in Halo: Reach; it wasn't because I was "farming/boosting" for preferred games. Your assertion that people getting quit banned is because of some sort of pseudo-farming method for match types is very unsubstantiated. If a player didn't get his preferred map/gametype, all they'd have to do is dashboard or sign-out/sign-in before the match starts (thus being sent to the lobby) and re-enter matchmaking; no attribution towards a quit ban.
I know the game type farming/boosting doesn't really apply to this game except for the DLC and FFA throwback playlists. As for the dashboard method, I think it's sad that people can't play a GAME on a certain map whether they like it or play it one too many times. For me, I despise Complex, but I've had some of my games on that map. So should I quit the map because I hate? I don't think so. I believe it shows more character to beat your opponents on your maps.
__________________
Fechdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 12:49 AM   #40
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechdog View Post
I never said that there were JIP in Reach, but the punishment for quitting was not very severe, so nobody took it serious.
I know you didn't. I only brought it up because I believe that's the reason there was a quit-ban in Halo: Reach; there was no JIP. In any other popular franchise that showcases JIP games, I don't believe there's been a quit-ban, so it comes as a surprise to anyone who is suddenly quit-banned in Halo 4 because a) quit bans aren't present in any (now unfortunately similar) franchises, such as CoD and BF; and b) 343i never disclosed such information for its players in its December update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechdog View Post
The fact that people quit when certain maps comes up says something, whether the person hates the map or it's not specific for a certain commendation or achievement someone is after. I know map specific achievements are DLC only.
I don't imagine there's a good amount of players who will play on one map and one map only; I do, however, speculate there are many players out there who will quit out of or avoid playing maps that are inherently broken or simply unenjoyable. For me, this was Uncaged and any of its variants. As said earlier, there was no JIP matchmaking back in Reach so a quit-ban made much more sense as opposed to in Halo 4. Also, my statement was referencing the horrible map choices that Halo 4 shipped with; depending on your playlist, your map choice is almost certain to show up in the voting round. If there is a player out there who absolutely despises Haven or any of the other popular small maps in those playlists, I can't imagine him "farming" maps considering how long he'd have to spend backing out of matches to get the map of his preference.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Fechdog View Post
As for the dashboard method, I think it's sad that people can't play a GAME on a certain map whether they like it or play it one too many times. For me, I despise Complex, but I've had some of my games on that map. So should I quit the map because I hate? I don't think so. I believe it shows more character to beat your opponents on your maps.
I think it's perfectly fine for Halo 4 to quit out a match because you don't wish to play on a certain map; all because there's a stupid JIP system. The game is already a mess with people leaving and re-entering matches; chances are in some matches the game ends with a completely difference roster of players than those that went into it. Until they "fix" this system or do away with it entirely, quit-bans, IMO, are nonsense.

Now in Halo: Reach, I don't think a player should quit because of map choice. On the other hand however, if I were to be matched up with a team of 8 inheritors, one of which being the massively disliked Gamesager with his pussy-tactic of banshee whoring, you can bet your sweet ass I'll ditch that game in a heartbeat. I'd much rather eat a 10 minute ban (which I can deliciously avoid by quickly signing-out and resigning in before match start) than help him pad his stats because he's too shit with a rifle to get his kills. In that case, it may be selfish, but my absence wouldn't have changed the outcome of that game in the slightest -- i'd be enjoying myself in a fresh match long before that one ever finished.

tl;dr: quit-ban in Halo:Reach is reasonable because of no JIP; quit-ban in Halo 4 is silly because of JIP

Last edited by Hishoa; 01-21-2013 at 12:51 AM.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 02:28 AM   #41
priwogic
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 10

submarinex1's Gamercard
its what they should do on nhl13 as well to many just quit its nearly as bad as morons who think if they quit on cod it wont effect their scores when round finishes if they lose.

ill quit a team if its really bad but I would give it chance first to many on games though just quit moment something does not go their wa

Last edited by priwogic; 01-31-2013 at 02:34 AM.
priwogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 10:42 PM   #42
xxdiamondxxinfernoxx
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 172

diamondxinferno's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by priwogic View Post
its what they should do on nhl13 as well to many just quit its nearly as bad as morons who think if they quit on cod it wont effect their scores when round finishes if they lose.

ill quit a team if its really bad but I would give it chance first to many on games though just quit moment something does not go their wa
My god your smart
xxdiamondxxinfernoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 06:25 AM   #43
Heavens FuryX
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 8
Well the people who quit those matches that end up being JIP in the first place will have it count towards their quit ban as well.

Either have 1 loss and come back strong the next game, or play with a group. That at least lowers the chances of getting a JIP. It's unfortunate though they didn't let people know though.
Heavens FuryX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:45 AM   #44
Sonnenberg
 
Sonnenberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 307

S0NNENBERG's Gamercard
I hate when I'm playing and my teammates quit out on me and I end up playing 4 on 3 or 4 on 2. I hope they ban these players who quit out after a poor start by their team. You know who you are.
__________________
Sonnenberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:08 AM   #45
Benmahalf X
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 75

Benmahalf X's Gamercard
Why don't they just make it impossible to quit without exiting to the dashboard or turning off the system? If you didn't get the map you want, tough sh*t, just play it.
__________________
Benmahalf X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 08:18 AM   #46
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benmahalf X View Post
Why don't they just make it impossible to quit without exiting to the dashboard or turning off the system? If you didn't get the map you want, tough sh*t, just play it.
Because that's almost as easy as signing out and then signing right back in. Also, it's stupid beyond comprehension. This isn't SAO.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 06:49 PM   #47
Emfulz
 
Emfulz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: 219, In A House Infront of My Laptop
Posts: 1,709
Send a message via MSN to Emfulz

EMFULZ's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Submit - Bronze
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
They should do that with all games. Just because you're losing don't leave the game, poor sportsmanship.
__________________
Don't Stop Believing

Signature by Cpt Slaugh7er
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Emfulz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:08 AM   #48
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emfulz View Post
They should do that with all games. Just because you're losing don't leave the game, poor sportsmanship.
^ implying people only quit because they're losing

And even if they did, it's not poor sportsmanship; the entire mantra behind the "join-in-progress" matchmaking model is that your place will soon be filled by someone else waiting to join a match; it's entirely guilt-free. With how fast-paced the game is, coupled with the tiny-ass font displayed on the HUD, it's almost guaranteed that the other team (or your own team, sadly) won't realize you've quit to begin with; a stark contrast of that of Halo: Reach and earlier titles.

Last edited by Hishoa; 02-05-2013 at 12:23 AM.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 12:45 AM   #49
jawest78
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 54

jawest78's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
^ implying people only quit because they're losing

And even if they did, it's not poor sportsmanship; the entire mantra behind the "join-in-progress" matchmaking model is that your place will soon be filled by someone else waiting to join a match; it's entirely guilt-free. With how fast-paced the game is, coupled with the tiny-ass font displayed on the HUD, it's almost guaranteed that the other team (or your own team, sadly) won't realize you've quit to begin with; a stark contrast of that of Halo: Reach and earlier titles.
I understand your point, but I look at it slightly differently. I think the join-in-progress was implemented in order to persuade others to remain in the game even after a teammate quits. I'm sure we can all remember some awful games in Reach where you lost a teammate or 2 and got destroyed because of it. Those 4 vs. 2 games were no fun at all.

Certainly, there are valid reasons to quit (real life intervenes, failure for either team to play the objective in order to farm kills, etc.), but I don't believe join-in-progress is intended as a "guilt-free" reason for quitting. I do agree that they should have announced the quit ban in order to provide a fair warning to the players before implementing it though.
jawest78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:20 AM   #50
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawest78 View Post
I understand your point, but I look at it slightly differently. I think the join-in-progress was implemented in order to persuade others to remain in the game even after a teammate quits.
And while your team continues to get stomped by players who are constantly re-supplying or dropping in new ordinance, your "new" teammates will start fresh and at a hefty disadvantage. This is already assuming they won't quit out as well. I mean, I find it difficult for any player to want to participate in a half-finished match where they're down 200+ points or a minute behind in an Oddball match, long after the enemy has managed to fortify themselves against a team who's constantly losing teammates as the match drags on.

The JIP matchmaking cheapens the experience and makes nearly every game feel as insignificant as they do in CoD. This brings me back to the shoddy new HUD and font. In Halo: Reach and earlier titles, you knew exactly who killed who, when they were killed, and where exactly they were killed. In Halo 4, the constant "newsfeed" in the lower hand corner of the screen is a chore to follow given how fast-paced the game is coupled with the horrendously small font. With the addition of instant respawns and the removal of the X above a fallen teammate, it makes teamwork that much more difficult. As an aside, the new way medals are displayed in-game and in the post-game lobby results in you feeling unrewarded. No top medals? No bragging rights? Who spends the time looking at how many medals you achieved after a match? No one, just like in CoD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jawest78 View Post
I'm sure we can all remember some awful games in Reach where you lost a teammate or 2 and got destroyed because of it. Those 4 vs. 2 games were no fun at all.
If you were talking about objective matches, you'd have a point. I've played (and I know plenty of other people who've played) matches where they were down one or two teammates and still rocked the other team in Slayer. It's easier to win considering you have more targets to take out and they have less; if you do have an encounter you're almost guaranteed to take out at least one with you assuming you have the gift of surprise.

For Objective, it's not difficult at all to simply let the enemy score all three flags or hold the Oddball for another minute and a half and move on to the next match. I highly doubt a team of 4 are going to go and search out 1 or 2 players to try and stat pad, that nonsense is normally reserved for BTB. And even if they do, it's not too difficult to fuck up their K/D's or kill streak if you play defensively -- they'll move to greener pastors before long, but this is hardly the case to begin with so it's practically a non-issue.

The only time I can honestly say the experiences have been terrible with quitting teammates is when the enemy begins to play slayer in an Objective match; that almost always deserves a quit from me, rewarding me with the opportunity to join a new match with new players who will actually play the game. In Halo: Reach the quit ban is 10 minutes. Halo 4? An hour. That's incomprehensible considering one has JIP and the other does not.

Last edited by Hishoa; 02-05-2013 at 04:24 AM.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #51
Ty-Rex
I <3 troy0891 x360a
 
Ty-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: /n(y)ōō/ /ˈjərzē/
Posts: 2,335

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
Who spends the time looking at how many medals you achieved after a match? No one, just like in CoD.
Aside from the clunky UI, the fact that they give you a for almost every goddamn thing you do now kinda cheapens the whole feel to them.

Got a rocket kill? Wow! Amazing! Here's a medal!
Getting shot at and your teammate kills the guy? Wow! Amazing! Here's a medal!
Stay in the hill for five seconds? Wow! Amazing! Here's a medal!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
Fuck you, I love coffee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakethemuss View Post
I could be a stud with females and get laid all the time

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 11:12 AM   #52
superstarpro25
 
superstarpro25's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: England
Posts: 9

superstarpro25's Gamercard
okay this Is good
__________________
Love playing game with my friends, and enjoy working on achievements
superstarpro25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 04:51 PM   #53
jawest78
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 54

jawest78's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
And while your team continues to get stomped by players who are constantly re-supplying or dropping in new ordinance, your "new" teammates will start fresh and at a hefty disadvantage. This is already assuming they won't quit out as well. I mean, I find it difficult for any player to want to participate in a half-finished match where they're down 200+ points or a minute behind in an Oddball match, long after the enemy has managed to fortify themselves against a team who's constantly losing teammates as the match drags on.
You are now implying that people quit because they are losing - something you chastised another poster about a few posts up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
If you were talking about objective matches, you'd have a point. I've played (and I know plenty of other people who've played) matches where they were down one or two teammates and still rocked the other team in Slayer. It's easier to win considering you have more targets to take out and they have less; if you do have an encounter you're almost guaranteed to take out at least one with you assuming you have the gift of surprise.

For Objective, it's not difficult at all to simply let the enemy score all three flags or hold the Oddball for another minute and a half and move on to the next match. I highly doubt a team of 4 are going to go and search out 1 or 2 players to try and stat pad, that nonsense is normally reserved for BTB. And even if they do, it's not too difficult to fuck up their K/D's or kill streak if you play defensively -- they'll move to greener pastors before long, but this is hardly the case to begin with so it's practically a non-issue.
Sorry, but I don't agree. Sure, I had some games that still went well even with being down a teammate or 2, but this was the exception. The majority of games like this ended up being awful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
The only time I can honestly say the experiences have been terrible with quitting teammates is when the enemy begins to play slayer in an Objective match; that almost always deserves a quit from me, rewarding me with the opportunity to join a new match with new players who will actually play the game. In Halo: Reach the quit ban is 10 minutes. Halo 4? An hour. That's incomprehensible considering one has JIP and the other does not.
Absolutely, this is a valid reason to quit, and I said this in my previous post.

I didn't post my perspective to argue but to provide a different viewpoint that I hadn't seen elsewhere in the thread. I think 343i could have handled the implementation better, but I don't really have a problem with a quit ban. It is obvious that you have very strong feelings about this, but I simply don't agree with your opinion.
jawest78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:48 AM   #54
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
Aside from the clunky UI, the fact that they give you a for almost every goddamn thing you do now kinda cheapens the whole feel to them.

Got a rocket kill? Wow! Amazing! Here's a medal!
Getting shot at and your teammate kills the guy? Wow! Amazing! Here's a medal!
Stay in the hill for five seconds? Wow! Amazing! Here's a medal!
I believe what you're referring to is the "Everyone's a winner!" medal.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 03:34 AM   #55
UltimateAuron32
 
UltimateAuron32's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: South East, U.K.
Posts: 402

AzzTheStickman's Gamercard
i swear to fucking chirst, im going to quit Multi-Player gaming if they keep doing shit like this. don't punish ME for YOUR shitty system placing me in a game i CAN NOT POSSIBLY WIN then demanding that i play and get fucked over.

no game should EVER place you in a match in progress if A) the games been going for over a minute. or B) the score is vastly different, as such that a loss is going to occur for you.

for me it is NOT about stats, i couldn't care less about my K/D ratio or my win/loss ratio, BUT it is totally unfair to place people in a loss in progress then PUNISH them for quitting.
__________________



Banner Credit... ME!!

1000+
Final Fantasy XIII: 1000/1000, Borderlands: 1625/1750, Resident Evil 5: 1310/1400, Gears of War 2: 1365/1750, Halo: Reach: 1230/1400

50'000: 17:27 on 19/02/2013, Resident Evil 4, We're Going Home.
UltimateAuron32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:11 AM   #56
blazing hellion
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 66

blazing hellion's Gamercard
I never really knew how hated Gamesager was. I usually on hear of him from my buddies when he wanted to join and we wouldn't let him. I've played with a few other banshee whores as welll, its always funny seeing them rage if they don't get it. On time I first played with one, noone told me for 3 games and he kept trying to kill me, hahaha

As for the JIP, I think its stupid how its implemented in. Its been a while since I played BF3, but didn't it justshow matches you could join, and you could select them? Why not do something like that? Again if wrong, I only played online for 2 weeks then lost the game.

There deffinatly is isses with MM, and hopefully they get their stuff together for the next halo game mm wise.
blazing hellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:35 AM   #57
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
Aside from the clunky UI, the fact that they give you a for almost every goddamn thing you do now kinda cheapens the whole feel to them.

Got a rocket kill? Wow! Amazing! Here's a medal!
Getting shot at and your teammate kills the guy? Wow! Amazing! Here's a medal!
Stay in the hill for five seconds? Wow! Amazing! Here's a medal!
I will admit it's an interesting mechanic in-game because the extra points for everything you do goes toward the final score. The team that can plan accordingly and nab coordinated distractions and Avenger medals will have a decent edge over the other team. I do agree with the medals themselves though. What's the fun when you get a medal for every kill you get or don't get? Halo 5 will probably have a medal for reloading your weapon manually. (I personally would like to see medals introduced with negative points. Things like suicides, team killing, teabagging, etc... that you don't want to see on your record. Teabagging in particular would be an interesting mechanic. Repetitive crouch after killing an enemy would deduct 5 points. Curious to see if that increases or decreases teabagging in the game.)
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 10:48 AM   #58
Hishoa
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 1,058
Quote:
Originally Posted by jawest78 View Post
You are now implying that people quit because they are losing - something you chastised another poster about a few posts up.
Stop that. I didn't imply anything of the sort. We're both well aware that there is a very fine line between quitting a match because you or your team aren't performing well and quitting a JIP match that is already nearly finished with the enemy holding two flag captures or are ahead 400+ points. If you can't distinguish between the two then I don't know what to say.
Hishoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #59
jawest78
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 54

jawest78's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hishoa View Post
Stop that. I didn't imply anything of the sort. We're both well aware that there is a very fine line between quitting a match because you or your team aren't performing well and quitting a JIP match that is already nearly finished with the enemy holding two flag captures or are ahead 400+ points. If you can't distinguish between the two then I don't know what to say.
Yes, you did imply exactly that. In either scenario, you are quitting because you are losing, and this is exactly what you chastised another poster about suggesting.

Regardless, I'm done with this thread. There are certainly points we agree on (example: better notification), but on the main topic of the existence of the quit ban, I don't have a problem with it, and you do. Neither of us are going to change our minds so there is no sense in continuing our portion of this discussion.
jawest78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #60
Wrinklefighter
 
Wrinklefighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Des Moines
Posts: 189

Grreen lantern's Gamercard
While I'm surprised they didn't make an announcment on this, I'm glad they did it. People can justify why they quit out of games as much as they want and now and again everyone is going to do it. But if you're quitting so much in one night that they put the ban on you, I'd rather not get stuck with you on my team. Too many people bolt the first time something doesn't go their way.
Wrinklefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 10:55 PM.