Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dead Space 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
x Demonic Fate

x Demonic Fate's Gamercard
Is it worth it?

Hey guys I was thinking about buying this game and I was just wondering whether or not the game is worth buying? I've finished the first Dead Space and started the second game but not sure if I should buy this one?
x Demonic Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 02:56 PM   #2
JimmyBR

Send a message via MSN to JimmyBR

James A Dutra's Gamercard
Did you like the first and second? Then buy the third :-)
JimmyBR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #3
JDMBO1

JDMBO1's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
As was said before if you like the first two then this one will be just as good.

Personally I feel this was the best in the series, and I've done everything you can do in the other two. To more specifics they've done away with power node upgrades, and gone with a scavenged materials to upgrade. Now you tend to find materials from placing down a robot you get, or simply smashing a box

With guns upgrading has been completely redone, in that you can customize your weapons now. You can choose all kinds of things from having a fiery Line Gun with a Rocket Launcher to a acid shooting Plasma Cutter with a Magnum. With nodes being removed now you have circuits that range from Rate of Fire, Reload, Damage, and Clip Size.

Which brings me back to when I said scavenge, now most of the upgrades in this game have to be found. From weapons parts and blue prints to circuits all are found in game.

As for suits they've become completely cosmetic, rather then having practical applications such as the first two, and I find that to be a downside, but it's just my nitpick.

Now I don't know if I've simplified or over complicated things in my explanation, but if you like what you've read then get it.

Personally I recommend it, it is fun to play and isn't a dissapointment
Old 05-05-2013, 04:24 PM   #4
axeuup

AXE DEATH 4U's Gamercard
hell yes its worth it

even considering it the worst game to date for this franchise it is still better than most. luckily glitches enable gamers to escape the box visceral tried to trap us in. micro transactions and hardcores intended save system could have ruined this game but luckily they failed. great game none the less
axeuup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 09:03 AM   #5
Majica8

Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by axeuup View Post
even considering it the worst game to date for this franchise it is still better than most. luckily glitches enable gamers to escape the box visceral tried to trap us in. micro transactions and hardcores intended save system could have ruined this game but luckily they failed. great game none the less
Really? Why? Hardcore's save system was great. If you did it legit, Hardcore was a pain in the ass but it was awesome. Like DS2, totally different feeling when playing through especially as you got to the later stages of the game.
And Microtransactions were completely optional. Not only that, you could buy the exact same packs with credits you found in-game. I purchased loads of packs, with ration seals. EA never got an extra penny out of me but I still got most the available upgrades etc.

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2013, 04:45 PM   #6
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   The Mighty Duck Face   Subscriber - Gold   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Yeah, this game is awesome and every bit as good as the first 2. this series has taken over as my favourite trilogy, beating Mass Effect.

it's essentially the same as the first 2, gameplay-wise, but there are some very noticeable improvements. The chief of which is the weapon system. you can build and customize your own weapons and create some truly devastating stuff. The story is good and the characters are too. even the co-op is fun, and i only did a few areas in co-op for the associated achievements, but with a friend, this would be a very good co-op game all the way through.

I know i'm a bit late to this thread, but you should definitely get this game, if you haven't already.

Huge thanks to Rajeanero for the avatar.
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 01:44 AM   #7
Neme6ben

neme6ben's Gamercard
I preferred DS1 but the 3rd one is better than the second one imo, so yeah I recommend you to buy this one without a doubt. it's even longer than the previous ones!
Old 05-14-2013, 02:09 AM   #8
THe NoMaD

the nomad's Gamercard
I never liked the 2nd one but enjoyed the 3rd so I'd definitely recommend it.

1>>3>>>>>>2
THe NoMaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2013, 02:46 AM   #9
FrozenRaptorz
Banned User

FrozenRaptorz's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
Yeah, this game is awesome and every bit as good as the first 2. this series has taken over as my favourite trilogy, beating Mass Effect.

it's essentially the same as the first 2, gameplay-wise, but there are some very noticeable improvements. The chief of which is the weapon system. you can build and customize your own weapons and create some truly devastating stuff. The story is good and the characters are too. even the co-op is fun, and i only did a few areas in co-op for the associated achievements, but with a friend, this would be a very good co-op game all the way through.

I know i'm a bit late to this thread, but you should definitely get this game, if you haven't already.
Completely agree.
The epic story telling is one of the best this year. Try the demo for starters and you'll realize how much you'll enjoy it. And talk about replayability.
FrozenRaptorz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 03:34 AM   #10
sicklyplague

SicklyPlague's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Over Achiever - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Community Gaming - Bronze   XBA Promoter   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Short answer, yes.

Long answer, if ammo and circuits/stuff to make weapons was less common on normal difficulty then this would have been a survival horror game for the ages. The environment, the music, the crafting system the story all add up to a great game worthy of the name dead space. But it all depends on how much you like the first two games as well as the story they tell as the DS3 is a lot more story driven then the rest as in its not just told through audio diaries and text logs but is presented in a more direct way.

Thanks to MabusScarab for the Sig!
sicklyplague is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 04:31 AM   #11
someguyhere

vmd50's Gamercard
I would say yes. I only played the second and really liked that one.
someguyhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 09:32 AM   #12
Majica8

Send a message via MSN to Majica8

Th3 Majica's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by someguyhere View Post
I would say yes. I only played the second and really liked that one.
Play the first! Play the first!

1000G/100%
MW2 - A's Creed - Pure - SC Conviction - CoD 4 - Lego Batman - Res Evil 5 - Trials - BFBC 2 - A's Creed 2 - Harm's Way - Crash Course - Alone in the Dark - Sniper GW - Kingdom for Keflings - World of Keflings - Deus Ex: HR - MW3 - Need for Speed: HP - Brink - Trials Evo - HAWX 2 - Mass Effect 3 - Op Flash DR - Minecraft - FEAR 3 - SSX - RSV2 - You're In The Movies - Halo Reach - Res Evil 6 - Dead Space 2 - Dead Space 3 - Dishonored - FarCry 3
Majica8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #13
Eleriel

Eleriel's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majica8 View Post
Play the first! Play the first!
Quote for truth! Quoted for MAKEUSWHOLE!
Eleriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:56 PM   #14
Aquaman6686

Aquaman6686's Gamercard
I would say no. This game is completely inferior to the first two in every possible way. Universal ammo completely ruins the survival atmosphere since you can carry around anything you want and never worry about running low on ammo, you fight one boss enemy over and over and over and OVER on infinite repeat, the dodge move is useless and doesn't avoid anything, the story is bland and clichè, and overall I find it difficult to believe this game was even made by the same people who created the first two. Dead Space was a great horror game and Dead Space 2 is, for my money, the best horror game ever made and one of the best games of all time. Dead Space 3 is absolute garbage.
Aquaman6686 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2013, 09:52 PM   #15
MackeyNArf3952

MackeyNArf3952's Gamercard
absolutely NOT. i traded mine in 4 days later. first 2 were excellent. 3rd one, not so much
Old 09-04-2013, 12:25 PM   #16
Reggiez

Reggiez's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Silver
I have played all of the xbox360 released Dead Space games so far. I really liked the first game and thought the second one got even better. For the people who loved the first two games I guess the third one mixed things up a bit.

I liked the co-op option in the third game. What I liked most about it was the fact that it was optional and the story could stand on its own when playing single player (which is how I thought the series would always stay). However the story itself derailed quite a bit in the third game. The main villain was such a stupid cartoony character that it basically killed the whole thing for me.

I also did not at all like the new weapons system or the fact that you could use the same ammunition for every gun. That took away a lot of what made Dead Space what it was. I still feel like Dead Space 3 is a solid game but it is slightly worse then the previous once in the series (in my opinion).
Old 09-15-2013, 12:13 AM   #17
PROGamer83

PROGamer83's Gamercard
I think its worth a rent i'm not saying the game ain't any good but I got mine form gamefly . I just can't see myself paying $60.00 for it.
PROGamer83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 01:53 PM   #18
InvalidAddress

SarcasticRobot's Gamercard
I just finished up this game and I really liked it.

The story was a little crazy, some people didn't like it. I thought it was good, kept moving and didn't throw out all the back history at the very end (No stupid ME3 starchild crap)
Overall the game was alot of fun. I thought the co-op was an interesting and fun way to play.

I know Visceral had to put in the microtransaction stuff, but I commend them for allowing it to be purchased with in game "ration seals", not patching out the resource glitch on chapter 8 or making the devil horns "dlc". I felt those were all good moves one their part.

tl;dr - I liked it, definitely should be played if you like Dead Space.
InvalidAddress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:23 PM   #19
LeLogan

Michael Logan's Gamercard
Its fun to play with a friend in coop. But its best as a singel player game imo
LeLogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 01:53 PM   #20
Daizuko

Send a message via Skype™ to Daizuko

Daizuko's Gamercard
I would say that it's definitely worth it. It's a great game.

A lot of people complain that it's not survival-horror anymore but I don't mind that. They can't make Dead Space 1 three times

Edit: And I would say that it's more fun in co-op. If you play with a friend and not randoms, that is.
Daizuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 12:13 AM   #21
Mapmakermaster

Mapmakermaster's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daizuko View Post
I would say that it's definitely worth it. It's a great game.

A lot of people complain that it's not survival-horror anymore but I don't mind that. They can't make Dead Space 1 three times

Edit: And I would say that it's more fun in co-op. If you play with a friend and not randoms, that is.
They made Resident Evil 3 times.
Resident Evil 3 didn't have game breaking micro-transaction either.
Mapmakermaster is offline   Reply With Quote