PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Dead Space 3
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-21-2013, 12:46 AM   #31
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOPE BOI View Post
I think the next time someone else does a early guide they should be cut slack too...As long as its good.
My exact opinion. If it's good, who cares if it's early? Right? It's not stopping others from making one, although it may be pointless at that point if the first one is really that good.

Personally, any guide that I would post early would be good enough.

Not trying to gloat or anything. Just sayin.'
Old 01-22-2013, 03:00 PM   #32
Ramster292

RamsterDisaster's Gamercard
Waiting for my game
Old 01-22-2013, 07:20 PM   #33
Lima

Revolver Ned's Gamercard
The old save system with save stations is gone because of the addition of co-op.

It is checkpoints now. That means for hardcore, if you die it is back to the beginning.
Lima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 07:38 PM   #34
incinerator950
Banned User

incinerator950's Gamercard
I was going to bring up the previous DS demo's not having save stations either, but you're right.

Wow.
incinerator950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:37 PM   #35
Nevander

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   5,000 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima View Post
The old save system with save stations is gone because of the addition of co-op.

It is checkpoints now. That means for hardcore, if you die it is back to the beginning.
Not necessarily, see the reply below...

Quote:
Originally Posted by incinerator950 View Post
I was going to bring up the previous DS demo's not having save stations either, but you're right.

Wow.
Ahem... Demo. Doesn't mean it won't be there in the full game. It's possible it will just say to the co-op partner "please wait while the host saves progress."

Since it's a demo, it's not going to let you save. What demos have savegames? Only one I remember was the GoW3 Beta and there was one other. The majority of demos don't.

Don't be negative.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:15 AM   #36
Lima

Revolver Ned's Gamercard
It has already been confirmed on NeoGAF by codecow who is a developer from Visceral games. The game will not have save stations like the other two DS games and instead will use a checkpoint based save system. As can be seen in the demo, it actually tells you when it saves.

What does Hardcore mode bring to the table this time? We actually don't know. He also said that Hardcore will be "different this time".

Whatever that means.

Last edited by Lima; 01-23-2013 at 12:18 AM.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:24 AM   #37
incinerator950
Banned User

I always wanted to shoot codecow in MP. Fucker got his own pink camo skin.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:09 AM   #38
Nevander

Quote:
It has already been confirmed on NeoGAF by codecow who is a developer from Visceral games. The game will not have save stations like the other two DS games and instead will use a checkpoint based save system. As can be seen in the demo, it actually tells you when it saves.

What does Hardcore mode bring to the table this time? We actually don't know. He also said that Hardcore will be "different this time".

Whatever that means.
I don't remember seeing it saving in the demo, but anyway, my point is still valid. Just because they take out save stations DOES NOT mean that Hardcore will have NO checkpoints. Hell, maybe there are three pre-determined save points that you don't have to worry about. Kinda dumb, but still.

That makes me think, since it's called Aren't You Thankful?, they have to be doing something for the better. Still, confusing wording there. Am I thankful for said change, or am I thankful I just unlocked the achievement? lol
Old 01-23-2013, 03:28 AM   #39
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
I don't remember seeing it saving in the demo, but anyway, my point is still valid. Just because they take out save stations DOES NOT mean that Hardcore will have NO checkpoints. Hell, maybe there are three pre-determined save points that you don't have to worry about. Kinda dumb, but still.

That makes me think, since it's called Aren't You Thankful?, they have to be doing something for the better. Still, confusing wording there. Am I thankful for said change, or am I thankful I just unlocked the achievement? lol
Thankful that it's over maybe
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:24 AM   #40
rockhopper

Doomed Smurf's Gamercard
Secret achivements revealed!

Here's all 16 secret achievements for those who can not wait & want to know what they are. They are real. They do have some spoilers so look at your own risk! Some are story related, some aren't, such as one involving using stealth, one with taking no damage during the drill sequence, a new type of enemy, and one that may be reminiscent of that maddening Don't get Cocky, Kid from Dead Space 1.

Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

PS3 ID:
rockhopper78

Retail (original 1000) & more:
Arcade (original 200) & more: 44
rockhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #41
Blizzje

Blizzje's Gamercard
Copied this over from NEOgaf:

Classic Mode: You can only craft Dead Space 1 guns, aiming is same as DS1, no co-op, plasma cutter is your best friend.

Hardcore Mode: Game autosaves normally like the rest of the modes, but now has perma-death. You can stop playing and pick it back up whenever you wish, but as soon as you die it's back to Chapter 1.

Pure Survival Mode: The only resources that are dropped and found in the game are crafting materials. You have to craft all your consumables and weapon parts.

Not sure if I dig the changes to Hardcore mode. It all depends on if you can copy the save.
Blizzje is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:12 PM   #42
xhunterrrr

Hunter XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Representer   Road Map - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Bronze   5,000 Posts   x360a Representer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzje View Post

Classic Mode: You can only craft Dead Space 1 guns, aiming is same as DS1, no co-op, plasma cutter is your best friend.

Hardcore Mode: Game autosaves normally like the rest of the modes, but now has perma-death. You can stop playing and pick it back up whenever you wish, but as soon as you die it's back to Chapter 1.

Pure Survival Mode: The only resources that are dropped and found in the game are crafting materials. You have to craft all your consumables and weapon parts.

Not sure if I dig the changes to Hardcore mode. It all depends on if you can copy the save.
Can you provide a link as reference? If this is true, Hardcore mode sounds like shit.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:19 PM   #43
Lima

Revolver Ned's Gamercard
NeoGAF Dead Space 3 demo thread is the source.

He also confirmed that you will just be able to copy the save to an USB or your PC to back it up and put that save back on if you die. So instead of making hardcore harder, they just made it easier. Since all 3 are NG+ modes you know the hard parts from your previous playtrough. So you just back up your save before it and try again if you die.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:35 PM   #44
incinerator950
Banned User

Quote:

Considering I didn't primary with the Plasma Cutter, that sounds stupid.

Quote:

He also confirmed that you will just be able to copy the save to an USB or your PC to back it up and put that save back on if you die. So instead of making hardcore harder, they just made it easier. Since all 3 are NG+ modes you know the hard parts from your previous playtrough. So you just back up your save before it and try again if you die.
Okay, and? It's a triviality difficulty, Hardcore was previously three saves, no checkpoints (2nd disc if 360) and survival difficulty. It was unnerving because if your game crashed or if you slipped you were forced to the beginning, like Dark Souls that's tedium punishment, not super hard.

Last edited by incinerator950; 01-23-2013 at 06:38 PM.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:53 PM   #45
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Considering I didn't primary with the Plasma Cutter, that sounds stupid.

Okay, and? It's a triviality difficulty, Hardcore was previously three saves, no checkpoints (2nd disc if 360) and survival difficulty. It was unnerving because if your game crashed or if you slipped you were forced to the beginning, like Dark Souls that's tedium punishment, not super hard.
Well, it's not a fault in the game if you slipped. That would be you losing focus. Part of what makes Dark Souls great, is learning from your mistakes.

Also, i loved using solely the PC in the first game. Same thing in DS2, except i used Force Gun as well.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:16 PM   #46
incinerator950
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
Well, it's not a fault in the game if you slipped. That would be you losing focus. Part of what makes Dark Souls great, is learning from your mistakes.

Also, i loved using solely the PC in the first game. Same thing in DS2, except i used Force Gun as well.
Where are you getting I was stating it was a fault? I said it was a triviality, not a real difficulty.

Also, Plasma Cutter was and is mostly still a boring weapon to use.
Old 01-23-2013, 07:50 PM   #47
Vindicator51

Vindicator51's Gamercard

Quote:
Where are you getting I was stating it was a fault? I said it was a triviality, not a real difficulty.
I'm just saying, blame the player, not the game for being careless in a situation. It may be a trivial difficulty to you, but if it was unnerving, then the game accomplished another goal.

Dark Souls punishes you for making mistakes, more so than other games. It's a hard, but fair game which feels rewarding when you're victorious.
Old 01-23-2013, 08:43 PM   #48
incinerator950
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindicator51 View Post
I'm just saying, blame the player, not the game for being careless in a situation. It may be a trivial difficulty to you, but if it was unnerving, then the game accomplished another goal.

Dark Souls punishes you for making mistakes, more so than other games. It's a hard, but fair game which feels rewarding when you're victorious.
Not so much considering its just Demon Souls with a little more polish.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:35 AM   #49
Nevander

Quote:

Classic sounds fun, I like the idea. Hardcore, see below. Pure Survival sounds like it might be somewhat annoying, but still do-able. I wonder what the base difficulty is for them?

It would be sweet if you get to choose and can do them all on Casual/Easy.

Quote:

Is this confirmed? OMG!

Hardcore will be so easy this time if so, even if not, it will still be piss easy this time. Keep a save on normal or something as you do Hardcore to practice FTW.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:36 AM   #50
rockhopper

Doomed Smurf's Gamercard
Quote:

Thanks Lima for this information! If this is true, I'm surprised the developers would allow this. I remember F.E.A.R.'s no death achievement was so smart it recognized if you used a backup save. But whatever I'm hoping to get the game early and will blast through it before, if it's even possible, they patch it. Hardcore suddenly doesn't sound so scary. And all 3 modes being allowed in NG+ is ridiculous, but welcomed.

PS3 ID:
rockhopper78

Retail (original 1000) & more:
Arcade (original 200) & more: 44

Last edited by rockhopper; 01-24-2013 at 06:41 AM.
rockhopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 07:13 AM   #51
Nevander

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhopper View Post
Thanks Lima for this information! If this is true, I'm surprised the developers would allow this. I remember F.E.A.R.'s no death achievement was so smart it recognized if you used a backup save. But whatever I'm hoping to get the game early and will blast through it before, if it's even possible, they patch it. Hardcore suddenly doesn't sound so scary. And all 3 modes being allowed in NG+ is ridiculous, but welcomed.
On that same board, codecow said it's possible because of how the game stores save files, etc. If you couldn't do this, it would require a forced network connection type of deal, which would mean those with no internet couldn't play Hardcore at all, possibly, so they didn't do that. So I doubt it would be patched/changed, also they still have time to patch it and they obviously know about it. I'd say it's safe from patchland.

Also not sure, but I think when they say NG+ modes, I think they mean you have to beat the game once before they appear, not that you actually get to plus them, but I could be wrong, and I hope I am.
Old 01-24-2013, 09:22 PM   #52
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
That's a pisser about the save states if true.
I did a dry run on Survivalist and left saves on all the bits that gave me trouble and practised them to perfection in preparation for the HXC run.
Also a bitch for those miss-able story achievements as you won't be able to jump back if you pass them without fulfilling the conditions.

I'll try and abstain from the backup saves for this game's HXC mode. Gotta do it right.

Wonder if Classic mode means I'll have to have the Pulse Rifle's stupid DS1 shoot-at-the-roof alt fire instead of DS2's grenade launcher.
Also what does it mean by 'aiming is same as DS1'? It differed at some point in the series?
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:37 PM   #53
Nevander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricane Of 87 View Post
Also what does it mean by 'aiming is same as DS1'? It differed at some point in the series?
They changed it in DS2. In DS1, the aim wasn't exactly centered, but you could barely tell, which made hitting things feel odd sometimes, especially up close. In DS2, the aim is centered and you can easily tell where you're aiming at all times. You can also switch back to classic aim though, and you even can in the demo.

To be honest, I can't tell much difference, which is a good thing.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:02 PM   #54
Licensedshoes

The AuD Doc's Gamercard
Yeah I couldn't tell much difference in the aiming between games. Even switched back to classic aiming just to see what the difference was but couldn't really tell.

These new game modes sound like a good challenge. Survivalist sounds like it could be harder than Hardcore depending on the base difficulty level for them both.

I just keep getting more and more excited for February. Althought with Aliens and Crysis 3, it's going to be a full few months of gaming!
Licensedshoes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:37 AM   #55
Nevander

Quote:

My body... is ready.

Old 01-25-2013, 08:14 AM   #56
MyRifleIsBroken

Sphinx OG's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevander View Post
My body... is ready.

PMSL Talk about preparation
MyRifleIsBroken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:52 PM   #57
The Bum-Mobile

Mr Shenanigans's Gamercard

Wish you could start on Classic Mode, sounds right up my alley.

As it Hardcore, it's nice to hear about the back-up thing but I think I prefer the original mode. In terms of pure entertainment. That was some white-knuckle shit, and it forced you to know the game. Why I loved Max Payne's New York Minute Hardcore as well.

The Bum-Mobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:07 PM   #58
Hurricane Of 87

Hurricane Of 87's Gamercard
Since Hardcore and Pure Survival don't specify no co-op like Classic does I'm wondering if there's an exploit that'll allow co-op player to join at the final checkpoint and be able to claim
Get On My Level
The Explorer
Aren't You Thankful?

and Survivalist
with minimum effort.

I guess the same goes for Gun Collector, The Librarian, The Professor and The Armorer if a co-op partner joins just before the final pieces are collected.

Hopefully Visceral wouldn't have left such obvious exploitable holes, but you never know. I'm sure certain kinds of players would like confirmation on these ASAP. I hope they're disappointed.
Hurricane Of 87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:15 AM   #59
cheevo360

BurstGamer Jedi's Gamercard

Nice one, Tyger!!! Preview Cheevo Guide. It is great idea to create guide before game release and very easy to do re-edit it. I agreed with it is idea of preview guide. I will defo using your guide. Look forward more, more and more guides from you this year.

I guess you gonna create guides for Crysis 3, MGR: R, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite and more.
cheevo360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 04:24 AM   #60
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff - Guide Team   Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheevo360 View Post
Nice one, Tyger!!! Preview Cheevo Guide. It is great idea to create guide before game release and very easy to do re-edit it. I agreed with it is idea of preview guide. I will defo using your guide. Look forward more, more and more guides from you this year.

I guess you gonna create guides for Crysis 3, MGR: R, Tomb Raider, Bioshock Infinite and more.
My plans were possibly Tomb Raider and Bioshock Infinite. Thanks for your appreciation cheevo360!
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote