PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 LIVE Arcade Games > Shooter > Wolfenstein 3D
Subscribe    Donate

Old 06-11-2009, 08:05 PM   #1
the_a_drain

The A Drain's Gamercard
Random Crashing/Freezing, anyone else?

Is anyone else experiencing random crashes and freezes?

I've been playing the game all afternoon and every now and again (in about 5 hours it's happened something like 7 times) the game will freeze up.

It occurs either when I die, or when i've finished the level and it's counting up my percentages, it will get through the first two, then on the third the game will hang, the animation is still playing, but no numbers appear, and all I can do is quit to dashboard.

When I die and it freezes though, nothing, I have to turn the console off.

And nobody better say my console is about to RRoD, it's literally only just arrived back from repair this morning, and if it's broken i'm going to flip my lid at MS this time, they already kept me waiting nearly 3 weeks for shipping labels due to a computer error. And I played 2 hours of RB without stopping so I'm hoping it's just wolfenstein. I remember Doom caused the console to crash sometimes if you try to quit the game.

the_a_drain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 01:47 AM   #2
CloudStr1f3

Weapon Ultima's Gamercard
I just had the same thing happen in the percentage screen on Ep 5 floor 4. The first percentage calculated and then it just sat there. The animation plays but no more numbers add up and I can't do anything to get out of the screen. So apparently your not the only one.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:06 AM   #3
the_a_drain

The A Drain's Gamercard
You've no idea how happy I am to hear that. I mean, obviously it's not good, but, I was so worried it got shipped a broken xbox after paying through the nose for a repair (it was out of warranty)

Old 06-12-2009, 10:56 AM   #4
MattyBoosh

MATTY B00SH's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I've only experienced the freezing issue once, but again it was on the end of mission/percentage screen.

The annoying thing was that it was level 3-8 and I hadn't saved since 3-3! Bloody annoying

"It's my belief that history is a wheel. 'Inconsistency is my very essence,' -says the wheel. Rise up on my spokes if you like but don't complain when you're cast back down into the depths. Good times pass away, but then so do the bad. Mutability is our tragedy, but it's also our hope. The worst of times, like the best, are always passing away."
MattyBoosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:08 AM   #5
[Waggly Bean]

Waggly Bean's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
My game froze once when I died, so it just hung on a red screen. Had to turn the XBox off and on again.

Other than that, I've noticed it sometimes hangs for more time than it should after saving. Sometimes it's instantly back to the game, sometimes its 15 - 20 seconds later....

I think the game is just a little buggy - I wouldn't worry about your XBox red-ringing again just yet!

[Waggly Bean] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:26 AM   #6
chalms04

chalms04's Gamercard
I get a little hiccup everytime I activate a secret door, but that's about it.

chalms04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:25 PM   #7
the_a_drain

The A Drain's Gamercard
I disconnected from LIVE, and was able to finish the rest of the game without it hanging on the red screen after dying. But it still crashed on the percentage screen a couple times.

Oh well, 400 points was well worth an evenings entertainments even with the crashes, 200/200. Done.

Old 06-12-2009, 02:29 PM   #8
ThrillKillBill

ThrillKillBill's Gamercard

Awards Showcase x360a Book Club   1,000 Posts   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
it happened to me several times...... once mid level but every other time it was during the percentages. I took to saving my game right before i finished a level and oddly enough that helped..... it only froze once after i started doing that
ThrillKillBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 02:41 PM   #9
collapsedbeef

Send a message via AIM to collapsedbeef

Cosmic Katamari's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by chalms04 View Post
I get a little hiccup everytime I activate a secret door, but that's about it.
that was in the pc version, maybe they kept that "feature" in the port
20,000 Points on 11/12/2009 (During NCAA Football 09)
collapsedbeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:18 PM   #10
DarkLord Zephyr

Send a message via AIM to DarkLord Zephyr

DarkLord Zephyr's Gamercard
Almost every 4 levels it would freeze up on the level complete screen and I would sit there for about 10 minutes just staring at B.J.'s manly panting before realising it froze. XD yeah it was a pain in the ass. sometimes I wouldnt save for 2 levels and then it would happen. -_-
DarkLord Zephyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:26 PM   #11
Genesis x360a

Schluballybub's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Staff Club - Minty   Over Achiever - Gold   Road Map - Gold   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again   Call of Duty 4 Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Submit - Bronze   Call of Duty: WaW Subscribers Tourn. - First Place   Subscriber Uno - Third Place   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
I finished the game up today 200G and it happened to me alot, It would crash when i died, when i opened the first elevator and when i was on the Stats screen when you clear a level, Firking pissed me of alot

Genesis x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 12:31 AM   #12
PwcrLinux

PwcrLinux's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I was able to save frequently before next intersections at E6F8 I died after saved it. Locked up on my console. I had to reset my xbox and reloaded the saved file.

PwcrLinux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 08:51 PM   #13
crazypath yetti

Yetti Drums's Gamercard
Happened to me a few times on the stats screen after certain levels. Eventually, got smart and saved my game right before I hit the exit switch for each level. Thought my controller was broken for a second since the animation and music were still going.
crazypath yetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 06:21 AM   #14
SmoothAsEgg5

SmoothAsEgg5's Gamercard
it crashed once completely on me to where i had to shut down my xbox. it also got stuck on the percentage screen after i finished a level as well. it was weird because it wasn't really frozen as i could bring up my dashboard and what not.

my advice is to just SAVE RIGHT BEFORE EXITING THE FLOOR BY THE ELEVATOR
SmoothAsEgg5 is offline   Reply With Quote