PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Skylanders Giants
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #1
Swifterz

Cracker Darrell's Gamercard
question about battle packs

so we got skylanders giants for my almost 7 year old for christmas. he loves it of course, but i never expected to be as into it as i am as well.

being that we started with giants, having never played spyro's adventures, i have a question.

if i get an "adventure pack" or "battle pack", once i place the figure (non character) on the portal, do i then have the arena or level for good, i.e. i don't need the figure anymore? or do i have to put it back on to play that level or arena every time?

thanks!

Last edited by Swifterz; 01-17-2013 at 06:25 PM.
Swifterz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #2
Swifterz

the ones we have are:

tree rex
camo
crusher
terrafin
gill grunt
swarm
jet-vac
warnado
cynder
chop chop
ignitor
eruptor
pop fizz
drobot

by my calculation, we have 5 of the elements covered for backwards compatibility with spyro's adventures, with the exceptions being the ones that come with it: spyro (magic), trigger happy (tech), and gill grunt (water).

he really wants prism break, chill, flame slinger, and at the top of my list is ghost roaster! but he seems to cost a small fortune.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:32 PM   #3
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
The adventure pack location pieces only have to be placed on the portal once. The figures and objects have to be on the portal to use them again.
Lord Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:36 PM   #4
Swifterz

Thanks for the reply.

I think I misunderstood what a battle pack unlocks. I thought it would be another arena with the 7 challenges, but I now realize (I think) that its a PvP arena?
Old 01-18-2013, 05:41 PM   #5
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
Adventure Packs came out with the first Skylanders game and each one unlocks a level in the game, 4 total packs. They can also be used with Giants. These only need to be placed on the portal once.

Battle Packs come with a weapon that follows you for a short period of time and helps kill enemies. These have to be placed on the portal each time.
Old 01-19-2013, 04:38 AM   #6
EmporerDragon

EmporerDragon's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Also to note, the Adventure packs can be placed on the portal during normal gameplay to unleash a blast that damages all enemies on the screen. They can be used only once per level.

As for Ghost Roaster's rarity, it's because they haven't made the Darklight Crypt packs for quite some time. When the first game came out, the case distribution for Adventure packs was 3 Darklight Crypts and 3 Pirate Seas. After Empire of Ice came out, it switched to two of each, and when Dragon's Peak released, instead of having all packs represented, they dropped the Crypt to make room.

In any case, you're not missing much for Ghost Roaster himself, but the Crypt is considered the best level out of the adventure packs.
Old 01-24-2013, 05:40 PM   #7
Lord Dirt

Lord Dirt's Gamercard
plus you will need all adventure packs to unlock all the hats in Giants