PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Splinter Cell: Blacklist
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-16-2013, 08:15 PM   #1
BiggD
121 More Days 'Til Halo 2

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
August Release Date Confirmed

Looks like Blacklist has been pushed to August 20th. What are your opinions on the delay?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Walker's Article

Previously tentatively slated for a spring 2013 release, Ubisoft has today announced that Splinter Cell: Blacklist will in fact be arriving closer to summer, with an August launch date confirmed for Sam Fisher's next outing.

A new trailer reveals the release date, as well as confirming that pre-orders will grant additional content. You can check out the video below.

Splinter Cell: Blacklist will be sneaking into stores on August 20th, 2013. Give our hands-on preview from E3 2012 a read to find out more about the next Splinter Cell.
You can check the 'Hands-on Preview" and new video HERE.

Last edited by BiggD; 01-17-2013 at 10:48 PM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
Shiftie

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Road Map - Diamond   Green Thumb - Bronze   Micro Guide - Platinum   Submit - Silver   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Staff Club - Shiftie   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
You can't rush perfection Considering all the moves and everything else they've added to this series, I think I'm actually ok with it, even them I am soooooo stoked to play this game.
Old 01-17-2013, 01:00 AM   #3
Rivercurse

Send a message via Skype™ to Rivercurse

Rivercurse's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
That's later than expected, but I'd rather that than an unpolished game.

"Everything we've ever known. It's all hanging by a thread, Garrus."

Razor's EdgeDark WitnessRequiem

Rivercurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 01:13 AM   #4
Sprinkles
Subscribing Member

Sprinkles x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Subscriber - Platinum   Genre Competition - First Place   Donator - Level 5   Submit - Bronze   Staff Club - Minty   x360a Representer   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
The further the date get pushed back the closer I think it going to be a next-gen console
Old 01-17-2013, 01:49 AM   #5
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Looks like Blacklist has been pushed to August 20th. This enrages me!

You can check the details and new video HERE.

Absolutley no reason to be enraged, 1. there are heavy hitters nearly every week starting next month in Q1. 2. There are no game in the summer so this is a refreshing change. 3. Im not convinced the game will be that good anyway
Old 01-17-2013, 02:12 AM   #6
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Really looking forward to this and Watch Dogs but August..really? That is a bitch.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:46 AM   #7
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Road Map - Gold   Achievement Guide - Gold   Donator - Level 2   Submit - Diamond   Community Gaming - Bronze   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brtas Zowes View Post
The further the date get pushed back the closer I think it going to be a next-gen console
That's why I'm a little ticked off. If it's getting pushed back 'til August...it should just be a next-gen game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dz06lt View Post
Absolutley no reason to be enraged, 1. there are heavy hitters nearly every week starting next month in Q1. 2. There are no game in the summer so this is a refreshing change. 3. Im not convinced the game will be that good anyway
Read my reasoning above. And game won't be good? Let me guess...because no Ironside? -__-

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Really looking forward to this and Watch Dogs but August..really? That is a bitch.
RIGHT?! Wish at least June.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftie View Post
You can't rush perfection Considering all the moves and everything else they've added to this series, I think I'm actually ok with it, even them I am soooooo stoked to play this game.
True you cannot rush it if we want it to be good. However I think August is a really odd time for a Tom Clancy title to launch. It's almost always Spring (March/April/May) for TC games

Thanks to XeroFox for the sinister signature!

Batman: Arkham City | XBA Blog
Old 01-17-2013, 02:55 AM   #8
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

I see no reasoning other than a post thats bitches about the game being delayed
Old 01-17-2013, 04:43 PM   #9
I3east Lig3r

Violet Eagle7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase XBA Promoter
Well I'll have a lot more time to enjoy Dead Space 3, but yea I'm a little depressed/sad that this happened.

Credit to Dragonpwnr99 for the awesome sig & picture!
Quote:
Valor grows by daring, fear by holding back.
~Publilius Syrus
I3east Lig3r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #10
fastNcurious

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
I'm pissed. I was planning on playing this sooner. Now there's a huge hole in my gaming schedule (lol).

Also, I think pushing the start date will only hurt sales. We all know the next Xbox will be announced by the middle of the year, if not sooner. If people are on the fence about a certain game, they will probably not buy it and just wait to spend their money on a next gen game. I'm still getting this game, but I know I am saving my money for the next gen games so I can take full advantage of the hardware of the new console. Any "iffy" (non-AAA) games releasing between now and end of the year are not gonna get bought by me.
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #11
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
August 23rd for us in the UK..this just keeps getting worst.

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 08:51 PM   #12
Takamura Bear

No big surprises here really. Almost every SC game has been delayed in the past.

Not majorly concerned over this either way as Blacklist hasn't really convinced me it's must-buy yet anyway.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:43 PM   #13
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I see no reasoning other than a post thats bitches about the game being delayed
Or I simply wanted to share the release date to all the Splinter Cell fans who don't always check the Home Page of this site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takamura Bear View Post
No big surprises here really. Almost every SC game has been delayed in the past.

Not majorly concerned over this either way as Blacklist hasn't really convinced me it's must-buy yet anyway.
Truth. Wasn't Conviction and Future Solider both delayed by like 2 to 3 years? It's a damn trend for Tom Clancy games, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
August 23rd for us in the UK..this just keeps getting worst.

Old 01-17-2013, 10:52 PM   #14
Tyger7
Moderator and Guide Staff

Send a message via AIM to Tyger7 Send a message via MSN to Tyger7 Send a message via Yahoo to Tyger7 Send a message via Skype™ to Tyger7

tyger7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Gold   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   5,000 Posts   Submit - Silver   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - Tyger7   The Helping Hand   Referrals - Silver   Road Map - Diamond   Achievement Guide - Diamond   Staff - Collectibles Guide Team   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
There are so many good games coming out within the next couple months, it will be a nice delay in my opinion. It will help with the sales when they release it without having so much competition.
The things people say to get to 5 posts...

Xbox360 games I have
http://darkadia.com/member/tyger7/library
Tyger7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:04 AM   #15
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyger7 View Post
There are so many good games coming out within the next couple months, it will be a nice delay in my opinion. It will help with the sales when they release it without having so much competition.
Very true. August will be dead so if it does come out on the 20th, assuming it won't be delayed...again, it'll be good.

My wishlist right now is rough.
  • Crysis 3
  • Tomb Raider
  • Injustice
  • Army of Two: Devil's Cartel
  • GTA V

Subject to change but there's alotta good games coming out Q1 and Q2 of this year.

Last edited by BiggD; 01-18-2013 at 12:07 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:34 AM   #16
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Quote:
Or I simply wanted to share the release date to all the Splinter Cell fans who don't always check the Home Page of this site.

Still dont see any reasoning as to why the delay "enrages you"
Old 01-18-2013, 03:08 AM   #17
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Still dont see any reasoning as to why the delay "enrages you"
Because I'm a huge Splinter Cell fan and was I excited for the game to come out in April of this year when it was announced at E3 last summer. Although my wishlist for this Spring consists of 5 games, I'll only end up getting GTA V in May. That is 4 months from now. I have expenses to pay and that is why I am only limiting myself to 2 purchases this year, considering and assuming that the new Xbox comes out these Holidays. With this said, I will not have any new games to play until May now, since Blacklist has been delayed until August. Waiting an extra 4 months for my second favorite game upsets me. Even though I realize Tom Clancy games are always delayed, I had thought Ubisoft would be able to deliver with Blacklist this April. To release the game in August is odd, in my opinion. Tom Clancy games usually launch in March and April so I feel that the game will end up being delayed yet again once July comes. Perhaps 'enrage' was not the correct verb to use in my original post, which is why I edited it. Maybe 'upset' would have been better.

Don't mean to sound rude...just getting my point across even though I shouldn't have to explain why a delayed game upsets me.

Last edited by BiggD; 01-18-2013 at 05:58 AM.
Old 01-18-2013, 05:17 PM   #18
fastNcurious

Quote:
My wishlist right now is rough.
  • Crysis 3
  • Tomb Raider
  • Injustice
  • Army of Two: Devil's Cartel
  • GTA V
At least you've got a good list of options. The only thing I'm super interested in playing Q1/Q2 is Tomb Raider and hopefully South Park if THQ can get it's stuff together.

(Crysis 3 and AoT can wait for $20 sale; GTA 5 when it hits $30-35.)
fastNcurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:58 PM   #19
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastNcurious View Post
At least you've got a good list of options. The only thing I'm super interested in playing Q1/Q2 is Tomb Raider and hopefully South Park if THQ can get it's stuff together.

(Crysis 3 and AoT can wait for $20 sale; GTA 5 when it hits $30-35.)
Crysis 3 and AoT aren't first day buys for me either. I'll probably wait til they drop but I might not even purchase them unfortunately. Like I said in my post above, I'm tight on money this year so I'm trying to limit my purchases to 2-3 games. GTA5 is a definite for me only because it has the most replayability outta all the others.

Old 01-22-2013, 01:31 AM   #20
Dz06lt

DZ06LT's Gamercard

Quote:
Because I'm a huge Splinter Cell fan and was I excited for the game to come out in April of this year when it was announced at E3 last summer. Although my wishlist for this Spring consists of 5 games, I'll only end up getting GTA V in May. That is 4 months from now. I have expenses to pay and that is why I am only limiting myself to 2 purchases this year, considering and assuming that the new Xbox comes out these Holidays. With this said, I will not have any new games to play until May now, since Blacklist has been delayed until August. Waiting an extra 4 months for my second favorite game upsets me. Even though I realize Tom Clancy games are always delayed, I had thought Ubisoft would be able to deliver with Blacklist this April. To release the game in August is odd, in my opinion. Tom Clancy games usually launch in March and April so I feel that the game will end up being delayed yet again once July comes. Perhaps 'enrage' was not the correct verb to use in my original post, which is why I edited it. Maybe 'upset' would have been better.

Don't mean to sound rude...just getting my point across even though I shouldn't have to explain why a delayed game upsets me.
Perhaps you should have orginally posted that, rather than trying to leave bread crumbs that were not there. Not to mention just because you are lacking funds doesnt mean that you cant redbox a game here and there or gamefly it. Just because "you" have issues doesnt mean the game shouldnt be delayed obviously the developers are smarter than we are. Also if it was broken upon release all you haters would constantly bitch about how much work it needs just like when ACIII was released.

Face it starting on first week of february there is a non stop avalance of games every week until at least april.
Old 01-23-2013, 04:45 AM   #21
BiggD

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Perhaps you should have orginally posted that, rather than trying to leave bread crumbs that were not there. Not to mention just because you are lacking funds doesnt mean that you cant redbox a game here and there or gamefly it. Just because "you" have issues doesnt mean the game shouldnt be delayed obviously the developers are smarter than we are. Also if it was broken upon release all you haters would constantly bitch about how much work it needs just like when ACIII was released.

Face it starting on first week of february there is a non stop avalance of games every week until at least april.
It's rare when people actually read long, detailed OP's. So why bother

I'm not looking to start an argument about Blacklist, so I won't discuss it further. I picked up Sleeping Dogs and Mafia II last week for $20 each, so in addition to those two games and future DLC for Halo 4, ACIII & Skyrim, I'll wait until GTAV in May.

Last edited by BiggD; 01-23-2013 at 05:17 AM.