PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > RPG > Borderlands
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 12:13 AM   #1
Tsaako
 
Tsaako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,056

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Either It's too hard, I suck, or doing something wrong?

Better late than never but I decided to pick this up seeing as it was only £10 at a local shop. I'm rather early into the game and just trying to do missions.

I'm only at level 7 and I'm trying to do the "By the seeds of your pants" mission from T.K Baha (?) problem is I'm really struggling, the badass skunk or whatever it's called keeps hitting me and I die after 2 hits.

So yeah, am I doing something wrong? Does those few extra levels really make a difference on this game?
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:16 AM   #2
cutterk73
 
cutterk73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 502

cutterk73's Gamercard
you do have to grind a bit. try to level up and get better weapons and a better shield. it takes a bit of work at the beginning.
cutterk73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 12:17 AM   #3
Tsaako
 
Tsaako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,056

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Alright cool, thanks for the quick answer.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:41 PM   #4
Tsaako
 
Tsaako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,056

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cutterk73 View Post
you do have to grind a bit. try to level up and get better weapons and a better shield. it takes a bit of work at the beginning.
Ugh, I don't suppose you could be a bit more specific in the advice? Just played it again today but the missions I've got available lead me to monsters that are levels above me and take down my shields really quick.

Is there any topics about or possible video guides that should help me get started?
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:47 PM   #5
Nozza XBA
 
Nozza XBA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: The Glade of Dreams
Posts: 8,618

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaako View Post
Ugh, I don't suppose you could be a bit more specific in the advice? Just played it again today but the missions I've got available lead me to monsters that are levels above me and take down my shields really quick.

Is there any topics about or possible video guides that should help me get started?
There's really nothing that can help you other than simply playing the game. The start is hard, but it'll get "easier" as you play.

Only things you can do is either get a buddy in around the same level to help you. Or you can run around the area(s) and kill the enemies in the area to boost your level and equipment up a bit.

What character are you playing as?
__________________
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:51 PM   #6
DarnedCargo
 
DarnedCargo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: East Anglia, England
Posts: 274

DarnedCargo's Gamercard
Make sure the quests that you're doing are doable i.e check your quest log thing and if it says medium or harder then you're gonna have a bad time. You need to do quests that are trivial or easy until you've leveled up a bit.
__________________
Join the social group[D2D]

Last edited by DarnedCargo; 01-17-2013 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Grammar or Grammer??
DarnedCargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
cutterk73
 
cutterk73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 502

cutterk73's Gamercard
dude..it requires some effort on your part..or yeah recruit a friend..
cutterk73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:53 PM   #8
ChickinOnaChain
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 6,331

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
BL 1 is a ton easier than BL 2 was, for me anyway. I solo played 1 until level 35. But in 2, I felt like I needed help right away...and I did. Both are great co-op games, as long as you do it with friends.
__________________

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #9
Tsaako
 
Tsaako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,056

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarnedCargo View Post
Make sure the quests that you're doing are doable i.e check your quest log thing and if it says medium or harder then you're gonna have a bad time. You need to do quests that are trivial or easy until you've leveled up a bit.
Honestly, this is what I missed. I feel so stupid now. I was trying to do a mission on tough / hard / impossible and didn't know there was quests available that was for normal and trivial. Been doing a few missions now and getting into the groove of things.

Silly me!

Quote:
What character are you playing as?
Roland I think his name is? The soldier class.

I do have an additional question though, is there something I should be making a priority of when using skill points? I have 3/5 for Impact, 1/5 for defence and 1/5 for fitness.

Edit - Surprised I got so many replies, would of thought with the game being a few years old I'd of struggled to find someone to answer lol.

Last edited by Tsaako; 01-17-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:07 PM   #10
pitbullpride201
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5
looking for help!

im a lvl 42 looking to join a higher lvl player to gain quick xp, tried the max skill glitch and now im stuck in firestone! the only way i can play is to join another players game. also trying to get 'and theyll tell 2 friends" but i dont have any DLC's
pitbullpride201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:33 PM   #11
pitbullpride201
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 5
looking for help!

....oh yeah and my GT is pitbullpride
pitbullpride201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:02 PM   #12
Scotty
Shut up and Kiss Me!!
 
Scotty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 3,738

Scotty x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Mighty Duck Face   Achievement Guide - Silver   Donator - Level 4   Green Thumb - Silver   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   x360a Representer   Subscriber - Bronze   Road Map - Gold   A+ Thread Award   2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsaako View Post

Roland I think his name is? The soldier class.

I do have an additional question though, is there something I should be making a priority of when using skill points? I have 3/5 for Impact, 1/5 for defence and 1/5 for fitness.

Edit - Surprised I got so many replies, would of thought with the game being a few years old I'd of struggled to find someone to answer lol.
this game is relatively easy, but it is difficult at first. honestly, i dont think you chose the best character, but of course, thats just an opinion. i would have chosen lilith, the siren. her phasewalk makes the game unbelievably easy.

try to use the turret all the time and focus on upgrading that before anything else, then i would focus on health/shields second. also make use of the different elements for the different enemies. each enemy is weaker towards certain elements. try not to bother with explosive element, it not really all that good. fire is probably the best, so get yourself a weapon with fire damage and a good corrosive weapon.
__________________
Does that make sense?
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:05 AM   #13
Tsaako
 
Tsaako's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 2,056

tsaako's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty View Post
this game is relatively easy, but it is difficult at first. honestly, i dont think you chose the best character, but of course, thats just an opinion. i would have chosen lilith, the siren. her phasewalk makes the game unbelievably easy.

try to use the turret all the time and focus on upgrading that before anything else, then i would focus on health/shields second. also make use of the different elements for the different enemies. each enemy is weaker towards certain elements. try not to bother with explosive element, it not really all that good. fire is probably the best, so get yourself a weapon with fire damage and a good corrosive weapon.
Hmm you made me think there for a second. I was trying to get the achievement for getting 15 kills using ability and sort of found good use using Lilith's ability. Although I was early in the game for that character, I can see it being useful for those moments when I'm crowded by swarms of enemies and low on health. The damage is always great too.

I then started thinking about the soldier's turret, although I've rarely used it. It has it's uses and now I'm unsure on which character to continue with seeing as I'm only level 14 on it.

Regardless, I think I'm getting the swing of things for this game and can see myself having fun. For some reason I had some trouble with the learning curve.
Tsaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:21 PM   #14
Mahtan Tinuviél
 
Mahtan Tinuviél's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: São Paulo, Brazil.
Posts: 396

Mahtan Tinuviel's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 2
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I´ve just started this a couple of days ago... already at lvl 17 Siren...

The first levels were really more difficult, but after a couple of good lots and a decent shotgun and sniper things got much simpler.
Even some tricky quest can be done if you have the right strategy.

Did not go on co-op yet, but am looking forward to it.

If you are still struggling and want someone to go over the game let me know.
__________________

Thanks for Rajeanero for the signature!!


100% Retail: 28 - Latest : Borderlands
100% Arcade: 1 - Latest : Shoot Many Robots

Latest Milestone:
40.000 - 28/09/2013; Playing XCOM: EU.
Mahtan Tinuviél is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 03:42 PM   #15
Frazerz1990
 
Frazerz1990's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 522

Frazerz1990's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarnedCargo View Post
Make sure the quests that you're doing are doable i.e check your quest log thing and if it says medium or harder then you're gonna have a bad time. You need to do quests that are trivial or easy until you've leveled up a bit.
South Park reference?

OT: Some parts can be quite tricky at first, just make sure to go around doing side quests and don't rush things, explore a little and kill what you can because all the exp makes the difference.
__________________
Special thanks to Rajeanero
Frazerz1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 02:42 AM.