Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Off Topic > Off Topic Discussion > Television
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-17-2013, 01:44 AM   #1
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Spartacus: War of the Damned

Anyone watch/excited for the Starz series, Spartacus: War of the Damned next Friday!

Thanks to Xerofox for the stunningly suave signature!
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:07 AM   #2
twinkie

a gijoeindapupr's Gamercard
we only get it on sunday over here but yes, i can't wait. too bad there's no more viva bianca

twinkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:59 AM   #3
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinkie View Post
we only get it on sunday over here but yes, i can't wait. too bad there's no more viva bianca
Viva Bianca. Great actress, hated her character. If someone can make you hate their character, they're good at acting, duh.

What about Katrina Law and Peter Mensah. I cannot believe they manner in which they died

What are your thoughts on Liam taking over lead role? God bless Andy, he was amazing.

Last edited by BiggD; 01-17-2013 at 03:05 AM.
Old 01-17-2013, 03:30 AM   #4
twinkie

i love viva's character. there's something about a cunning woman you just want to put into their place

liam is ok i guess. i'm not fond of the pretty boy look.

Old 01-17-2013, 04:50 AM   #5
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
i love viva's character. there's something about a cunning woman you just want to put into their place

liam is ok i guess. i'm not fond of the pretty boy look.
I feel you. She played her role real well. You believe her when she claimed the baby was Spartacus's? I call BS on that.

Liam is doing his best but Andy was much better for the role.

Old 01-17-2013, 05:26 AM   #6
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

THE DEADLY DOG's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Man when Andy died I thought the series was going to die with him. Liam has done the best possible job and has done it well.

I'm stoked to see how it all ends. (Hope it doesn't end historically correctly.)
Old 01-17-2013, 01:55 PM   #7
Frasr

Frasr's Gamercard
I have only seen Blood & Sand / Gods of the Arena however I just bought Vengeance yesterday on blu ray so I'll be watching that soon. I'm not expecting it to be as good without Andy though

Frasr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:37 PM   #8
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
Man when Andy died I thought the series was going to die with him. Liam has done the best possible job and has done it well.

I'm stoked to see how it all ends. (Hope it doesn't end historically correctly.)
Same here, man. It's a shame what happened to Andy. I saw a documentary with him as he fought through the cancer and it's sad to see such a talented man go like that

Liam's doing his best but he needs to step it up a little more in this last season. I've read that he's bulked up and really dove deep into character so hopefully that's displayed when we watch Season 3. Here's to hoping they don't end it historically correct as well, seeing as they already done so with Oenomaus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frasr View Post
I have only seen Blood & Sand / Gods of the Arena however I just bought Vengeance yesterday on blu ray so I'll be watching that soon. I'm not expecting it to be as good without Andy though
Go into Vengeance with a clear mind. Don't go in thinking Liam sucks, because then the season won't be as good for you. Sorry we somewhat spoiled the deaths of some key characters Hope you like it!

Crixus was too soft in Vengeance - hope he comes back in War of the Damned a little more toughened up like in Season 1.

Anyone else think Gannicus is overrated?

Old 01-26-2013, 09:01 PM   #9
twinkie

wow, so i saw the premiere this morning and it's bloody intense! a lot more darker. and why do we need to have a whiny bitch? it's annoying

Old 01-26-2013, 11:44 PM   #10
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
wow, so i saw the premiere this morning and it's bloody intense! a lot more darker. and why do we need to have a whiny bitch? it's annoying
Saw it last night myself and loved it.

The scene with the butcher and Spartacus in the tent was kinda funny and Saxa is HOT!

Whiny bitch? You mean Crassus's son? I hate him.

Old 01-27-2013, 01:21 AM   #11
twinkie

yes, crassus son. when will writers realize people can't stand whiny people. i mean, there's being mean and evil like joffrey from game of thrones that people just despise and then, there's being whiny like this one. one is good writing, the other is simply being lazy

Old 01-29-2013, 11:19 PM   #12
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Send a message via AIM to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via MSN to THE DEADLY DOG Send a message via Skype™ to THE DEADLY DOG

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Staff - Maximum Clubs Director   Micro Guide - Gold   Submit - Emerald   Subscriber - Bronze   Staff Club - * Clueless *   2,500 Posts
Damn that first episode was amazing. If it's a telltale sign of what's to come then I am set for a good final season.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:38 AM   #13
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Yes, Crassus' son. When will writers realize people can't stand whiny people. I mean, there's being mean and evil like joffrey from game of thrones that people just despise and then, there's being whiny like this one. One is good writing, the other is simply being lazy.
Never seen Game of Thrones yet, but I'll agree. Crassus' son isn't anything special. He'll play a big role this season though.

Quote:
Damn that first episode was amazing. If it's a telltale sign of what's to come then I am set for a good final season.
I'm too excited dude. Crassus seems more 'worthy' than Glaber.

I'm pumped for episode two on Friday.

Old 02-02-2013, 06:44 AM   #14
twinkie

julius caesar!!!
he does have one sick fetish though

Old 02-02-2013, 06:49 PM   #15
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
julius caesar!!!
he does have one sick fetish though
They made him look like a Viking, lol. Literally, he looks just like Thor.

Anywho, really good episode. The rebellion has grown so much - when they were awaiting outside the city, I was not expecting them to be that large in numbers.

What the hell was the slave doing to Caesar?! Circumcising him!?

Old 02-07-2013, 03:55 AM   #16
THE DEADLY DOG
Maximum Clubs Guide Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
They made him look like a Viking, lol. Literally, he looks just like Thor.

Anywho, really good episode. The rebellion has grown so much - when they were awaiting outside the city, I was not expecting them to be that large in numbers.

What the hell was the slave doing to Caesar?! Circumcising him!?
I think he likes to have his body punished? Lol.

All I know is I'm excited for the match between Caesar and Crassus and Spartacus.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:14 AM   #17
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I think he likes to have his body punished? Lol.

All I know is I'm excited for the match between Caesar and Crassus and Spartacus.
He must What a weirdo.

I'm looking forward to it, it's gonna be huge. Pumped for tomorrow's episode too with the Pirates!

Old 02-09-2013, 06:17 AM   #18
twinkie

crassus son, that'll teach him!

Old 02-09-2013, 07:53 AM   #19
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
crassus son, that'll teach him!
He deserved much worse! How dare he defy his father's orders.

Navia is going nuts, what the heck

Oh, and Saxa is something else man. She has major sex appeal.

Old 02-16-2013, 12:55 AM   #20
Dexter010

Claptrap NL's Gamercard
I might follow this one aswell.
Watched Blood on the Sands and Gods of the Arena but missed some episodes. Don't hope it will be the same with this one.
Dexter010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 04:02 AM   #21
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter010 View Post
I might follow this one aswell.
Watched Blood on the Sands and Gods of the Arena but missed some episodes. Don't hope it will be the same with this one.
This Season is 3 episodes in, but s really god so far.

I'd suggest going back and watching the episodes you skipped. Blood and Sand is amazing and Gods of the Arena only has 6 episodes so it shouldn't be that bad to watch.

Old 02-21-2013, 03:52 PM   #22
Matt x360a

AlabasterMatt's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 3 (more» ...)
im loving this new season at the moment.

although i loved the original spartacus i think liam is doing a brill job

i think caesar is actually quite funny.

one of my new favourite characters is Marcus Crassus, the fact he is cunning and doesnt take spartacus a fool makes him dangerous and interesting.

gannacus, what more can i say, he's awesome.

and finally, in 3rd episode, after the nights drinking and saxa has tht young girl nude in room. her arse after getting rid of girl is best ive ever seen on tv. shes so hot

loving new series, and like someone else said, i hope they dont finish it historically correct, they have already deviated from many facts so i hope it ends spartacus taking down rome

+ i hate naevia in this series, bitch

Last edited by Matt x360a; 02-21-2013 at 03:57 PM.
Matt x360a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:21 AM   #23
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabastermatt View Post
I'm loving this new season at the moment.

I think Caesar is actually quite funny...Gannacus, what more can i say, he's awesome. And finally, in 3rd episode, Saxa has tht young girl nude in room. her arse after getting rid of girl is best ive ever seen on tv. shes so hot.

+ I hate naevia in this series, bitch.
Hahah, Saxa is indeed very, very attractive.

It seems everyone hates Naevia. I do too, she's just so...annoying. But hr actress does a good job if she can get a majority of the viewers to dislike her.

Episode 4 was freakin' brutual. Crixus is going to split.

Old 03-18-2013, 09:29 PM   #24
Matt x360a

series is just getting more and more epic, cant wait to see finale
Old 03-24-2013, 01:46 AM   #25
twinkie

knew he would die, was waiting for it and it was still hard to see. crixus

Old 03-24-2013, 02:43 AM   #26
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
series is just getting more and more epic, cant wait to see finale
Sad to know this is the last Season, but it's been a hell of a show. Last night's episode, Separate Paths, might be my my favorite episode of this Season. Season 1's The Thing in the Pit, Great & Unfortunate Things, and Old Wounds are still the best to date!!

Quote:
knew he would die, was waiting for it and it was still hard to see. crixus
Manu Bennet did an amazing job on portraying Crixus. My favorite character of the series gone, and I found myself speechless at his death. I wish he would have had a more "glorious" one though.

The whole scene was beautiful however...capturing his death through a reflection of Nevia's eyes was perfect. Hats off to the writers.

Can't wait for next week's episode!

Last edited by BiggD; 03-24-2013 at 02:46 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:08 PM   #27
Matt x360a

i cant believe how no1 has mentioned that caesar was but raped. hope that little shit dies
Old 03-25-2013, 02:30 PM   #28
BiggD
Hiatuses Are Overrated

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
i cant believe how no1 has mentioned that caesar was but raped. hope that little shit dies
Didn't mention it because I hated the writers for including that! Made me hate Tiberious even MORE than I already did. I really hope the little kid gets sent to the afterlife by the end of the next episode!

Old 03-25-2013, 02:43 PM   #29
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Not sure if this actually follows or has parts of Roman history, but to my knowledge. Doesn't Caesar become king or whatever it is...

Unless this doesn't follow the real history path to an extent, then yeah, he can die!

I think the series is pretty good so far! The final fight will be awesome! Can't wait to see how they'll defend with that massive barricade in the way!
Old 03-25-2013, 06:13 PM   #30
Matt x360a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
Not sure if this actually follows or has parts of Roman history, but to my knowledge. Doesn't Caesar become king or whatever it is...

Unless this doesn't follow the real history path to an extent, then yeah, he can die!

I think the series is pretty good so far! The final fight will be awesome! Can't wait to see how they'll defend with that massive barricade in the way!
caesar becomes emperor i think but the power overall is split between caesar, crassus and pompey.

also this is following history quite well, im guessing ur still abit behind when they have just seen the massive barricade, your about 2 episodes behind i think