Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Main Hub > Announcements
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-17-2013, 11:40 PM   #31
Barad
High on Life

Send a message via Skype™ to Barad

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Total Awards: 22 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
Ahahahaha. Muahahahahaha. TWO BATS! BAR tell him what he's in for. Someone should otherwise I'll just post a Stark Trek slow clap meme.

So you did go there did you?

Hmm..
Ehh easy there big fella..

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerBEA View Post
lmao

I have 2 of the hard ones and both were earned this year. The Dark Soul and What are you trying to prove?

Then I have 11 Quirky achievements.

That means I qualify for bronze right? I just want to make sure.... before I go and grab 13 links

Yeah that's right both hard & quirky are accumulative.

---
10,000 Achievements - 13 July 2014

Barad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:41 PM   #32
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE DEADLY DOG View Post
Ahahahaha. Muahahahahaha. TWO BATS! BAR tell him what he's in for. Someone should otherwise I'll just post a Stark Trek slow clap meme.
This... this is not reassuring.

I've made it a goal on TA to complete the 360 version and PC version. So... where's that slow clap?

Many thanks to Cpt Slaugh7er (xboxachievements.com) for the signature!

My xba account: Crimson Ridley
My PSN account: CrimsonRidley

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Crimson Ridley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 11:42 PM   #33
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Platinum   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Bronze   Road Map - Emerald   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Donator - Level 2   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Staff Club - troy0891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Callum x360a View Post
This... this is not reassuring.

I've made it a goal on TA to complete the 360 version and PC version. So... where's that slow clap?
Fast clap bitch.

Didn't realise you were going for it on PC too..why don't you join my current PC sessions on TA I've been doing it for the last 3 months!

---

Last edited by Barad; 01-17-2013 at 11:45 PM.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:44 PM   #34
Crimson Ridley

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Over Achiever - Platinum   Staff Club - dakisbac   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze   5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1   Word of Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by B A R 4 D View Post
Didn't realise you were going for it on PC too..why don't you join my current PC sessions on TA I've been doing it for the last 3 months!
Because you're mean to me!

And because I didn't realise you were doing open sessions. I thought you were privately boosting it.

R.I.P. to the most wonderful person to have ever lived; my Nanna. 03/11/1932 - 06/10/2013. You will be forever remembered, and forever missed. I love you so much.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:47 PM   #35
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Because you're mean to me!

And because I didn't realise you were doing open sessions. I thought you were privately boosting it.
Nah I only made it private so no else joins but seeing as you started playing the game again just last week I will make them open and send you weekly times which hopefully suit you? It will go faster with 3 people too. I've been having issues on my laptop this week otherwise I'd been playing it right now instead of posting on here lol.

---

Old 01-17-2013, 11:49 PM   #36
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Nah I only made it private so no else joins but seeing as you started playing the game again just last week I will make them open and send you weekly times which hopefully suit you? It will go faster with 3 people too. I've been having issues on my laptop this week otherwise I'd been playing it right now instead of posting on here lol.
Cheers, dude! Evenings are always my best times, but I can try to fit in a few day hours, if I'm not at work.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:01 AM   #37
KillerBEA
CET

Send a message via Skype™ to KillerBEA

KillerBEA XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 2   Staff Club - Madhatters13   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff - Community and Events Team   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 2   Community Gaming - Gold   Fight Club Challenge Club - Tier 1   CABS Beta Tester   XBA Representer   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - KillerBEA   I Can Read! NTSC-J Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 28 (more» ...)
Quote:
Yeah that's right both hard & quirky are accumulative.
Thanks
/10char
KillerBEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:26 AM   #38
dakisbac

Send a message via Skype™ to dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Guide posted for the checklist. Details here.
dakisbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:38 AM   #39
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
This is gonna definitely give me something to do. At least the quirky ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:10 AM   #40
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dakisbac View Post
If any of you guys plan on boosting CoD3 now just be grateful that the community is most likely dead. Back when I did it we had to contend with regular players and, worse yet, anti-boosters who would quit when we did and follow us around.

But if any of you run into the same problem there is a fairly good way to deal with them: the person on the anti-boosters team should be a medic then coordinate with someone on the other team to find and kill them. Then you revive them and your friend kills him again. Rinse and repeat.
LOL...AKA "The Treatment".

If you guys get a group together I'll re-buy it and finish it off. Im about half way.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:13 AM   #41
StayonTarget
The Sum of All Zeroes

Send a message via Skype™ to StayonTarget

TheStayonTarget's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Donator - Level 2   CABS Beta Tester   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Brick Builders & Busters Franchise Club - Tier 1   Micro Guide - Platinum   Subscriber - Bronze   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Minty
Total Awards: 19 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post

If you guys get a group together I'll re-buy it and finish it off. Im about half way.
"The Treatment" is how I first learned off achievements. For better or worse.

Good luck boosting that 40k. You'll have a blast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD View Post
Like Barad. That damn spammer.
StayonTarget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:20 AM   #42
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayonTarget View Post
"The Treatment" is how I first learned off achievements. For better or worse.

Good luck boosting that 40k. You'll have a blast.
Fun times, but like I said it really depends how fast your internet is you could make between 400-3000 points per flag switch or whatever it was. I still don't see how it all affects the points we get but I know I got shitty end of the stick when I boosted it took me way longer than it could of.

---

Old 01-18-2013, 01:32 AM   #43
dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Awards Showcase VGO Gold Medal   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   Community Gaming - Silver   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Minty   Ambassador 1x1 Competition - Third Place   Staff Club - dakisbac   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Staff Club - AOS Puck
Quote:
Fun times, but like I said it really depends how fast your internet is you could make between 400-3000 points per flag switch or whatever it was. I still don't see how it all affects the points we get but I know I got shitty end of the stick when I boosted it took me way longer than it could of.
For the most part I was the same. I seemed to be the host almost every game so I was stuck throwing the flags.

Then I remember one game some person not part of the group must have been doing something to cause the game to lag, since we all finished that match with a couple of thousand points each.
Old 01-18-2013, 01:37 AM   #44
Corrupt.
Damn you, Walt Whitman!

Corrupt XBA's Gamercard

Awards Showcase The Sports Challenge Club - Tier 1   Off to the Races Challenge Club - Tier 1   Achievement Guide - Emerald   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Gold   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 2   Staff - Guide Team   Green Thumb - Gold   Staff Club - TemporalWizard   Staff Club - Tyger7
Total Awards: 44 (more» ...)
I remember one guy getting the treatment all match long for like 5 matches until they finally left. Fun times...
Old 01-18-2013, 02:58 AM   #45
dertswa687o

dertswa687o's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   Submit - Silver
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
2 super minor things:

In Gears of War, "Seriously ..." has a space between Seriously and the ellipses.
In Rock Band 2, it's "The Bladder of Steel Award".

Star Ocean Battle Trophies (Ultimate Battler unlocked 6/19/11!!!!!!!!):
Edge: 100, Reimi: 100, Faize: 100, Lymle: 100, Bacchus: 100, Meracle: 100, Sarah: 100, Myuria: 100, Arumat: 100

Test your achievement knowledge!!!
dertswa687o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:04 AM   #46
Kairi
Guide and Award Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to Kairi

Kairi x360's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Best of XBLA Challenge Club - Tier 1   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal   VGO Gold Medal   VGO Team Award - Silver   Staff - Guide Team   Achievement Guide - Silver   Road Map - Silver   CABS Beta Tester   Green Thumb - Bronze   Referrals - Bronze
Total Awards: 21 (more» ...)
Glad to see that this is live now! Currently I only have 5 of the achievements on the list, but hopefully I can earn more of them! I'd like to have at least enough for a Bronze award some day in the future! :P
Old 01-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #47
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamie1000013 View Post
I have 24 at the moment, with literally all of them from the wacky achievement list it or whatever it's called :-P. I just wish there was a different CoD on there than CoD3 which has to be the worst one released. CoD 2 would have been much better. Oh well I'm just moaning because I have never played the multiplayer on Cod 3 or completed it on vet. Got the CoD4 one though.

I may just try and get all 50 of the wacky ones.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
I remember many frustrating moments with COD2, that is for sure. Not sure I ever touched the MP for COD3. If you decide to try to rank that up, let me know. Might have to make time for it.
Quote:
I better get to work on Dance Central, as it's the only music game achievement I'm missing. Man, I used to be a beast at those games!

Strategy games are my biggest downfall, so I guess it's time to start playing some and hope I can get pretty decent at them.

GTA IV and CoD3; If anyone is going to be doing these, let me know. I've been planning on doing them for years.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carmona25 View Post

We should set up a session for this. I got frustrated with one of the levels on Vet but I've never touched the MP.

I don't even care if the games complete as long as I get that achievement for the award

Last edited by Nozza XBA; 01-18-2013 at 02:02 PM.
Nozza XBA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #48
Spanish Assault

Send a message via Skype™ to Spanish Assault

Spanish Assault's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Gold   Micro Guide - Bronze   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   10,000 posts   Over Achiever - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 7 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nozza x360a View Post
We should set up a session for this. I got frustrated with one of the levels on Vet but I've never touched the MP.

I don't even care if the games complete as long as I get that achievement for the award
I'll send a FR and pick up the game this weekend. Would love to have 7 other guys to boost this with that I know from the site. When I did it last time I didn't really know anyone and got bored quickly.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:01 PM   #49
Barad
High on Life

Barad XBA's Gamercard

There's alrady 2, 3 guys looking to do CoD 3 in the Subscribers Boosting thread too! I offered to help as I've already got General but if I host everyone else will get more points!

---

Old 01-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #50
Nozza XBA

SnozzyBear's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Submit - Diamond   GRID 2 Award   Staff Club - Nozza x360a   Achievement Guide - Platinum   Road Map - Platinum   Micro Guide - Silver   Over Achiever - Silver   Arcade Crazy - Bronze   XBA Promoter   Donator - Level 3   A+ Thread Award
Total Awards: 14 (more» ...)
If everyone is on TA it'll be easier or send out a mass PM here to everyone interested!
Old 01-18-2013, 06:32 PM   #51
Never Final

Never Final's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Never Final   Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 6 (more» ...)
I made an Excel/Open Office file to create the BBCode. No more having to search for the links. Took me forever to get some of the links simply because I couldnt find some people with the game on their tag. Can also use it as an offline checklist.

Anyway Enjoy. Let me know if I can change anything such as errors.

You will need WinRar/7zip or similar.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Over Achiever.zip (25.3 KB, 15 views)

Need help with an online achievement? If I got the game Ill help. Just PM me.
COMPLETED: 108 - RETAIL: 62 - ARCADE: 21 - WP7: 15 - W8: 8 - OTHER: 2
Last Completed: Fighting Vipers(XBLA)

Last edited by Never Final; 01-18-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Never Final is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:38 PM   #52
Iceskater101

iceskater101's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Gamer Chick!
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
I am definitely not an over achiever..

credits to DEG23
Iceskater101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:55 PM   #53
Crimson Ridley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Never Final View Post
I made an Excel/Open Office file to create the BBCode. No more having to search for the links. Took me forever to get some of the links simply because I couldnt find some people with the game on their tag. Can also use it as an offline checklist.

You don't need to compare with anyone. Just add "&compareTo=Callum x360a" at the end of the URL, but obviously use your own Gamertag and remove the speech marks.

Old 01-18-2013, 07:03 PM   #54
Never Final

Never Final's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - troy0891   Staff Club - Never Final   Over Achiever - Silver   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Quote:
You don't need to compare with anyone. Just add "&compareTo=Callum x360a" at the end of the URL, but obviously use your own Gamertag and remove the speech marks.
I know that but for the actual game you have to find the page. I dont have all these on my gamertag so I couldnt get to it without finding someone with it in order to find the achievement page. Which I have to thank Creech for alot of the links cuz he has all but like 14 of these on his gamertag.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:18 PM   #55
Creech
Administrator

Send a message via Skype™ to Creech

Just Creech's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   Staff - Administrator   Toilet Bowl Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - Andrew x360a   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Micro Guide - Gold   Achievement Guide - Emerald   Road Map - Emerald   CABS Beta Tester   Artist of the Month   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1
Total Awards: 38 (more» ...)
Quote:

I guess I don't understand the point of this spreadsheet.... why wouldn't you just use the checklist on the site?

Awake, Alert, & Enthusiastic!
The Silicon Rule: If the product is free, then you are the product.
Creech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:53 PM   #56
Felonious Monk

HopeStillFlies's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   Gamer Chick!   1,000 Posts   Over Achiever - Silver
Total Awards: 4 (more» ...)
Quote:
I guess I don't understand the point of this spreadsheet.... why wouldn't you just use the checklist on the site?
how else is he supposed to slip an excel macro to the site's members in order to fetch some malware?

I kid, I kid. I hope.
Old 01-18-2013, 10:25 PM   #57
Never Final

Never Final's Gamercard

Quote:
Its less a checklist and more of a way to easily make the links needed when you apply for the award.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:50 PM   #58
dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Quote:
Its less a checklist and more of a way to easily make the links needed when you apply for the award.
It probably would have been easier just to post the links lol.

My suggestions:

*Instead of checking for a value of 1 just check that there is a value. I realize you also use the 1 to count towards the total at the top, but that's easily broken if I put a 2 in the column for example. Then instead of totalling the fields just count how many have a value.

*You can remove the part about copying your gamertag "(EXACTLY like on xbox.com)" - Xbox Live doesn't case check. I can enter Mister Dak or MiStEr DaK.

*I would output the code right next to the check column just so the code is right there. People unfamiliar with Excel might not even know there are tabs. Also, I'm lazy
Old 01-18-2013, 11:11 PM   #59
Never Final

Never Final's Gamercard

I could post them as well. Gimme a few.

I was just bored during my 2 hour break between classes today.

Im also not sure how to just check for a value. If it was html or java yea but not in excel.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #60
dakisbac

Mister Dak's Gamercard

Quote:
I could post them as well. Gimme a few.

I was just bored during my 2 hour break between classes today.

Im also not sure how to just check for a value. If it was html or java yea but not in excel.
Neither do I, but I'm sure it's possible. It's a learning experience

EDIT: Google 'excel check if cell is empty' and that should cover it.