PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Resident Evil 6
Subscribe    Donate

Old 12-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #1
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Purple Hooter's Gamercard
Thoughts on the DLC??

To anyone who has purchased the DLC can you please share your thoughts and/or opinions about the new DLC game modes!

I havent touched RE6 in some time and have been looking for a reason to get back to playing it. Honestly, I was not a fan of the VS DLC from RE5; unfortunately, I am a sucker for DLC from games that I enjoy(ed).

All thoughts and opinions are appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Hoot
Purple Hooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:05 PM   #2
Leon McLane

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
some achs are annoying. Such as win onslaught while dying state, while playing Ustanak kill all agents less than a minute, survive only with melee attack, reborn as a human and etc. Achs like these needs only boostin with friends. Add me man to your friend list and let's boost. Gamertag - leon i mclane. Ill be online after 2 hours.
Regards,
Leon McLane.
Leon McLane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Yeah those he mentioned when uber easy as boosting. But honestly i am willing to give a go to these modes and play them a bit, grinding some wins and such for the longer achievements.

Honestly i think Onslaugh may have potential, its kinda like Tetris online, you combo chain to throw stuff at your oponent.

Predator... i dunno, for what i saw the Ustanak is not that easy to control, the time is limited and peoples can revive other peoples. Look to me like this mode is more about racking up points to win the game in general and i fear humans may purposely NOT revive other dudes so they can win by points. Its not like its a one round game and humans wins or ustanak wins... everybody play Ustanak and the goal is to rack up points either by killing humans as Ustanak or killing him as an human.

Survival is your typical kill the oponent, with a small twist as the player that get kill can come back as a zombie and get back alive, but if one player only is standing up as human he win. I just feel that RE is not really designed to be played as a Player vs Player, because its too clunky and slow... even tough its definately a bit better in this than RE5 where you couldn't move while shooting at all or whatever. Here you can dodge, shoot on the ground, roll etc..

But i feel Onslaught will probably be the best mode of the 3, predator will be fun to mess as a party of friends more than the rest, and survivor... well time will tell but i feel it will be the lesser of the 3.

Overall : Not bad... but could had live without it definately... it feel like a "cash boost" by capcom more than anything else, it could had been in the main game from the start as there aint much "novelty grond breaking in this" exept maybe being Ustanak. Price is acceptable if you buy the 3 modes, i mean its still worth 375 GS so not too bad, and its not even 800 pts. But i think i will give a better opinion when i played them long enought to really know them.

Gears of War Legend

Last edited by Destro; 12-18-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Destro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:43 PM   #4
a7x4lyf3

Dementhis's Gamercard
Been playing the past few hours or so, they are actually not that bad. Onslaught is much better than I expected, although you can expect it to be very chaotic with hordes of enemies charging you at once and no breathing room, Predator is kinda one sided. Ustanak either gets a good run and fucks all you up or he just completely fails and you kill'em, Survivors is probably my favorite, unfortunately if you play with kill whores who love to rush in and get the job done you're in for a very short session. In my opinion I don't see these game modes lasting me for months on end, but the dlc is worth a buy.
a7x4lyf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #5
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by a7x4lyf3 View Post
Survivors is probably my favorite
Im kinda surprise to see you say that, i mean, in the 3 modes i think survivor is really the one that i the least interesting as its simply a "deathmatch" setting with the RE gameplay(wich you have to admit i far from being the best for a PvP setting. Predator is also a PvP yeah, but the setting is kinda different than the regular deathmatch. Onslaught personally is the one i played the most as of now and the one i think fit the best in the RE style. Its Mercenary with a twist, pretty much like Team slayer in RE5, but i even prefer this twist. Its important to make a good first wave to send to your oponnent as this may decide the setting of the rest. For exemple i try to melee and knife most of the first wave and then i use a combo bonus for the second wave, this way my ennemies that i send to him are always kinda strong and when he send his i can just blast them up with firepower.

Gears of War Legend
Old 12-18-2012, 05:06 PM   #6
Purple Hooter
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon McLane View Post
some achs are annoying. Such as win onslaught while dying state, while playing Ustanak kill all agents less than a minute, survive only with melee attack, reborn as a human and etc. Achs like these needs only boostin with friends. Add me man to your friend list and let's boost. Gamertag - leon i mclane. Ill be online after 2 hours.
Regards,
Leon McLane.

Sorry for the delayed response - I am at work and will be here till 5PM EST. I have plans to work on the Borderlands DLC this evening - still havent decided if I want to pick up this DLC or not.
Old 12-18-2012, 05:30 PM   #7
Darth Helix

Darth Helix's Gamercard
if anyone needs help with these achievements message me and will get this done... gt Darth Helix
Darth Helix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 06:08 PM   #8
Terransheep

Terransheep's Gamercard
Onslaught is the best mode... survivor... u can use leon and shotgun spam everyone... predetor is yeah.. meh..

Terransheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 07:26 PM   #9
all_falls_down

I'm on now if anyone wants too boost - gt: Y2Dan
all_falls_down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 09:57 PM   #10
DeepCrevice

DeepCr3vice's Gamercard
Thanks Hoot & everyone for the feedback. We appreciate it.

I have one question that I think may speak for the masses...

-Is it possible to gain All 15 DLC Achievements with only two (2) people on two (2) separate Xbox's playing in a Private Room?

If that's Not the Case, please post to clarify what is necessary. I want to execute on the DLC, but I'm concerned about being forced to play within a Ranked Room and with additional players making the boosting process rather cumbersome.

Thank you in advance & Happy Holidays, All!!

Deep...
DeepCrevice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:25 PM   #11
Purple Hooter
Banned User

well, i gave in. purchased the value pack.

if these can be boosted in private match then props to capcom
Old 12-19-2012, 02:31 AM   #12
Madame Kennedy

makeSHIFTxNine's Gamercard
I have to say I like the versus a lot more than the one in RE5 lol. I've really been enjoying the modes, though probably like Survivors the least. The matches never last very long cause once you die...that's it lol.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:55 AM   #13
Ephemeral Locke

ephemeral locke's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepCrevice View Post
Thanks Hoot & everyone for the feedback. We appreciate it.

I have one question that I think may speak for the masses...

-Is it possible to gain All 15 DLC Achievements with only two (2) people on two (2) separate Xbox's playing in a Private Room?

If that's Not the Case, please post to clarify what is necessary. I want to execute on the DLC, but I'm concerned about being forced to play within a Ranked Room and with additional players making the boosting process rather cumbersome.

Thank you in advance & Happy Holidays, All!!

Deep...
I've boosted most of these with 2. You need 4 for Staying Alive because the game ends when there is only one human character left, but you need to kill one to bring yourself back as an agent. Team effort won't unlock with only 2, so it probably needs at least 2 on a team, so maybe that can be done with 3. Everything else can be done with 2 it looks like...
Ephemeral Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 12:11 AM   #14
VectorUSS

XxBlazeEmblemxX's Gamercard
Onslaught is cool and actually pretty fun I enjoyed it

Survivors is my least favorite mainly because there's a lot of quick shot spam where ppl won't even let you stand up. Reminds me of RE5 versus again

Predator is actually fun with a group of friends and the ustanak controls aren't clunky as I thought they would be

Achievements are easily boostable so overall it's an good DLC installment
Old 12-21-2012, 01:57 AM   #15
Off The WaLL

Xx NicH xX's Gamercard
I just got 1375G/1375G

this piece of shit DLC should never exist.

RE 6 competitive multiplayer? F#$% capcom. this is not DLC this should be FREE!

good thing achievements were so easy to unlock.
#1 on MEXICO #16 Worldwide
#1 Worldwide 1500G skate 3
100% Retail 44/47 - 100% Arcade 16/17
Working on: STATE OF DECAY LIFELINE 0.00% COMPLETED
Off The WaLL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 07:17 PM   #16
Destro

Destro WOD's Gamercard

Survivor yeah pretty much when you get shot down unless somebody shot him in the back your f*cked...

I was just checking the dashboard today and noticed a picture of RE6 with Leon and... CLAIRE ! seem to be the picture from Degeneration, the first CGI movie, but still... could this mean Claire will make it eventually?

Gears of War Legend
Old 12-22-2012, 01:59 AM   #17
Madame Kennedy

makeSHIFTxNine's Gamercard
Claire?! Where??
Old 12-22-2012, 07:43 AM   #18
BiggD
On Hiatus

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Community Gaming - Bronze   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   10,000 posts   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal   VGO Silver Medal
Total Awards: 16 (more» ...)
Onslaught is actually pretty fun

The others...not so much.

Thanks to Slaughter for the stupendously stylistic signature.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:18 PM   #19
CoregBlue1

Send a message via MSN to CoregBlue1

Blue x360a's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Over Achiever - Bronze   x360a Representer   Submit - Bronze   Word of Mouth   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
Onslaught is the best mode so far.

really enjoying it.

Thanks to Gackt for this amazing sig!
My MAL

BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma in Early 2014!
CoregBlue1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:23 AM   #20
Dervius

Dervius's Gamercard
I've managed to earn myself exactly 220 MS poits via Xbox live rewards, for £4.25 I've been coaxed into buying the DLC. General consensus seems to be thumbs up to Onsluaght, mixed on the others.

EDIT: On closer inspection, Predators is unique, Onslaught is a good fun progression of Onslaught and Survivors is an easily exploitable yet potentially fun game mode.

Last edited by Dervius; 12-23-2012 at 01:38 AM.
Dervius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:13 AM   #21
Veedrock

Veedrock's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Micro Guide - Bronze   Genre Competition - First Place   2,500 Posts   Donator - Level 1   XBA Promoter
Total Awards: 5 (more» ...)
I enjoy Onslaught, good ol' Mercs formula with some twisted difficulty. I don't know how people can keep up their combos once the BOWs start, but I prioritize survival above all else and just keep moving, and a lot of the time the other guy screws up and dies giving me the win, despite a lower kill count. Because of its Merc-like nature though, I don't really enjoy playing it for an extended period, as I'd rather just play Mercenaries.

I can't stand Team Survivors. I played two games of Team, the first game my team won within a minute, and I didn't even get a shot in! The second game was more even, but quick shot kept hitting my teammate and then near the end my teammate got downed but also downed the last enemy; I decided to try and pick up the ally since it was his kill, but I picked up the enemy! What the hell? I couldn't even stomach trying Teams anymore, I felt awful.

I enjoy Deathmatch Survivors much more, if only because I know I'm not screwing anybody else over by sucking. Similar to Onslaught though, I tend to just run around and try to survive instead of fighting, then I mop up when the others I done fighting; I don't particularly find this "fun," but it gets the job done. I really like the whole concept of defeated players becoming Zombies, keeps players from disconnecting and makes you wary of everything. My first game I ignored them thinking they were simple AI, then I got massacred from behind.

My biggest problem with Survivors in general is the lag, it was very prominent in every game I played and made it quite difficult to compete.

The thing about these two modes is that there seems to be balance issues, at least on the surface. The severe lack of ammo makes it difficult to keep up sustained fighting, so Onslaught goes from competitive drive to frantic hustle quickly. Explosives become extremely important once the BOWs start in Onslaught, but because at most you only get one, and at worse you get zilch. It's just difficult to do much without the Item Drop Increase skill, or being Jake. A lot of this applies to Survivors, but to a lesser extent.

Predator is interesting, don't have much of an opinion since I've only done one game but there's a learning curve. I just don't get the achievements though, how the hell is the Ustanak supposed to down everyone in less than a minute? Actually on that note, I feel the time limit is too low as it is. I get that they want everyone to have a turn, but it's hard enough to win as the Ustanak as it is without giving the Survivors more than enough time to just run around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creech View Post
As a site, we don't support calling it "xbone" as that was a name that was used to refer to the system in a negative light. Since the site exists to support the system, being deliberately negative towards it seems counter productive.

tl;dr - Call it the Xbox One or X1.

Last edited by Veedrock; 03-03-2013 at 11:51 PM.
Veedrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 01:25 AM   #22
AKfoy0face

AKfoy0face's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon McLane View Post
Regards,
Leon McLane.
the trick to the win while in dying state is just make sure your up in points. make it to the end and when theres 3 seconds left go down... run around the map and then straight into the horde