PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Red Dead Redemption
Subscribe    Donate

Old 02-01-2012, 04:45 PM   #1
JimCant

JimCant's Gamercard
Red Dead....Revolver??

I loved and played the heck out of Red Dead Revolver for the original XBOX. I am assuming this game is very similar to that?

Am I wrong in assuming this? Is it better and a longer game than the first one?
JimCant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 2 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCant View Post
I loved and played the heck out of Red Dead Revolver for the original XBOX. I am assuming this game is very similar to that?

Am I wrong in assuming this? Is it better and a longer game than the first one?
This is one of the best games I have ever played.

You are correct. It is better. It is longer. GET IT NOW!

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 07:11 PM   #3
JimCant

JimCant's Gamercard
Awesome! I am going to get the GOY edition as I hear this has all the DLC and such.

Thanks for the advice. I am excited it was fun for the xbox
Old 02-01-2012, 07:42 PM   #4
HabsCen10ial

HabsCen10ial's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
It's sooo good.

I'm not 100% but I think some of the characters from Red Dead Revolver are multiplayer skins for this game.

Yes get the GOTY edition. I own all dlc for this game and it's all good. Enjoy the single player and stay clear of all forums until you complete it. It has an amazing story and you don't want it spoiled. Then after the SP try out the SP for Undead Nightmare. Also very cool.

Credit goes to Xerofox for the amazing Montreal Canadiens sig!

HabsCen10ial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:55 PM   #5
Nintenda64

Nintenda64's Gamercard
I had known about Red Dead Redemption for aaaaaages before I knew about Red Dead Revolver..

It's sort of a spiritual sequel yes?
Nintenda64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 05:40 AM   #6
severed360

severed360's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintenda64 View Post
I had known about Red Dead Redemption for aaaaaages before I knew about Red Dead Revolver..

It's sort of a spiritual sequel yes?
redemption isnt even 3 years old, revolvers almost 9... what is wrong with you? and why are you bumping all these old threads?

and to actually answer the OP... NO! redemption is actually very different compared to the original!!
the story doesnt even have anything to do with each other... IN FACT revolver wasnt even made by the same company!!! ahhh people these days know so little technically red dead revolver was a capcom game but for some reason they decided not to finish the game and some how rockstar purchased the unfinished work and polished it up in order to release it and use ideas from it to make a new open world game

obviously redemption feels like a GTA game but revolver is more like max payne. the original game also featured more then 1 playable character each with there own special abilitys(not just dead eye) for its time the horseback gunfights were amazing and revolver had more weapon types, even the duels were more interesting, but the best thing about revolver was the many challenging boss battles

dont get me wrong i enjoyed both games a lot but revolver deserves credit where its due... rockstar cant make good AI, there aim and cover controls are not the smoothest out there, and they have no original enemy ideas besides having you always shoot the same type of guys

pissed me off with all the DLC they did,, Not 1 mode was ANYTHING like the versus mode from revolver... Revolvers Versus had a huge variety of special power ups and a poker style point system all combined into a very very UNIQUE and amazing shooter, they couldnt even bring back the bow n arrow... or the midget clowns!!

Last edited by severed360; 10-30-2012 at 02:30 AM.
severed360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:41 PM   #7
JimCant

JimCant's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by severed360 View Post
redemption isnt even 3 years old, revolvers
dont get me wrong i enjoyed both games a lot but revolver deserves credit where its due... rockstar cant make good AI, there aim and cover controls are not the smoothest out there, and they have no original enemy ideas besides having you always shoot the same type of guys
!
I think you are correct in this! I think revolver is highly underrated. I loved it on my xbox.

I just got done playing red dead redemption (havent started the undead nightmare yet)...and I thought the game was fantastic.

But like you said they are 2 different games. I loved in revolver how you had the different character types and the different special abilities (versus just having dead eye)...and the multiplayer was sweet with it making it a poker hand and all.

I thought that the free roaming for red dead redemption was the best part of hte game. It is a huuuge massive world that I still havent gotten tired of just looking at the scenery. I think the boss battles in revolver were a lot harder and a little more fun....but the side missions in redemption were great.

I have to say if you havent played both of these games, you are missing out!

Old 10-29-2012, 03:02 PM   #8
ChickinOnaChain

Awards Showcase 5,000 Posts   Donator - Level 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by severed360 View Post
redemption isnt even 3 years old, revolvers almost 9... what is wrong with you? and why are you bumping all these old threads?
At least it's THIS year, unlike some that are bumped from 2007.

The next Red Dead is going back 10 years, before the RDR took place. So John Marston should be in it. Really looking forward to it.

ChickinOnaChain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 06:27 PM   #9
JimCant

JimCant's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by HabsCen10ial View Post
This is one of the best games I have ever played.

You are correct. It is better. It is longer. GET IT NOW!
Sorry for bumping an old thread but never thanked you for telling me to get this game. And I followed your advice and got the GOTY edition when I got it.

I have finished the Undead Nightmare and damn it makes this game even more epic and more awesome. The DLC is totally worth it and I was surprised with how much gameplay there was.

And to the last poster, I cannot wait for the Red Dead 3 (or whatever they are going to call it) comes out! Man its gonna be awesome I hope!