PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Action > Splinter Cell: Conviction
Subscribe    Donate

Old 05-31-2010, 09:49 PM   #1
killajoy714

killajoy714's Gamercard
Co-op Realistic and Perfect Hunter Glitched?

I have been playing Splinter Cell Conviction a lot lately. I finished co-op on realistic and to my surprise, no achievement. I have the three dots next to every single chapter on every mission. I was angry, because it was very annoying to finish co-op on realistic. Next, I played hunter on one of the new insurgency maps to try for perfect hunter. I used the two controller trick where your main account sits away from the action to remain undetected through the entire map, while you do all of the work with the other controller. So, my main account does not get detected at all. I was on realistic difficulty. No achievement either. Do I have to do this on any of the original maps, or is my game just glitched? I am angry. This game owes me 70g and I want it!
killajoy714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:27 PM   #2
SpursGam3r6o9

SpursGam3r6o9's Gamercard
try on one of the original maps
SpursGam3r6o9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:21 PM   #3
UnstablePenguin

UnstablePenguin's Gamercard
I'm right there with you buddy, I did it myself on an original map, and I got no achievement. Then I had a buddy hop on and he ran through it while I Hung back and I got no achievement either. I love this game but its so damn glitchy
UnstablePenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:35 PM   #4
cklex

Send a message via MSN to cklex Send a message via Yahoo to cklex

H0USE 0F EL's Gamercard
Played through coop realistic on the first four maps in four different sittings and we both got the achievements.
cklex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:28 PM   #5
killajoy714

killajoy714's Gamercard
Hey I just unlocked co-op realistic and found out why I didn't get the achievement. You have to complete each level in one sitting. Haven't attempted perfect hunter again yet.
Old 06-05-2010, 07:55 AM   #6
MODSRAM

MODSRAM's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by killajoy714 View Post
Hey I just unlocked co-op realistic and found out why I didn't get the achievement. You have to complete each level in one sitting. Haven't attempted perfect hunter again yet.
I got the co-op achievement by not completing each level in one go?? Did the last mission from starting at the last checkpoint, I had to go to work after me & my son had gotten to the last section, did the rest later that evening.
MODSRAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #7
I R BFOG

xBFOGx's Gamercard
A friend and I just finished co-op on realistic and no achievement. They were done out of sequence tho - not that that should matter!
Old 06-06-2010, 01:45 AM   #8
GTAmissions1

GTAmissions1's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnstablePenguin View Post
I'm right there with you buddy, I did it myself on an original map, and I got no achievement. Then I had a buddy hop on and he ran through it while I Hung back and I got no achievement either. I love this game but its so damn glitchy
Both players must kill AI to get the achievement.
Just use the portable EMP when your partner is in a chokehold and use M and E. Kill him and run back. Thats how I got Perfect Hunter.
GTAmissions1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2010, 10:08 PM   #9
REfan001

Send a message via AIM to REfan001

Guneagle01's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAmissions1 View Post
Both players must kill AI to get the achievement.
Just use the portable EMP when your partner is in a chokehold and use M and E. Kill him and run back. Thats how I got Perfect Hunter.
I did that same thing one time and I still didnt get the achievement

REfan001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:42 AM   #10
I R BFOG

xBFOGx's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by I R BFOG View Post
A friend and I just finished co-op on realistic and no achievement. They were done out of sequence tho - not that that should matter!
We re did the 2nd mission (had previously done it by myself) and it popped at the end. Have all 1250g now so these achievements are definitely doable.
Old 06-08-2010, 10:46 PM   #11
killajoy714

killajoy714's Gamercard
I just attempted perfect hunter again, this time on Russian Embassy. We were on realistic and I was not detected. We completed it and the announcer guy said "Well done archer, they didn't even know you were there." No achievement. I even killed one guy with archer which is what one of you recommended I do. This is bullcrap.
Old 06-09-2010, 12:44 AM   #12
I R BFOG

xBFOGx's Gamercard
Quote:
I just attempted perfect hunter again, this time on Russian Embassy. We were on realistic and I was not detected. We completed it and the announcer guy said "Well done archer, they didn't even know you were there." No achievement. I even killed one guy with archer which is what one of you recommended I do. This is bullcrap.
Well I just helped a friend get it over xbox live and it popped for him. We did it legit this time - actually he did most of the work. Backup was not called and no explosives were used, was mainly hand to hand takedowns.
Old 06-09-2010, 02:48 AM   #13
a random cat

SN0WC0NE17's Gamercard
I beat co-op mode on realistic too. However, I didn't play the third level in one sitting, so that might be the reason why I didn't get the achievement. I'll attempt it again tomorrow and see what happens. But man, this game has some glitchy achievements.

Edit: Well I got my achievement, man the third level is a pain.

Last edited by a random cat; 06-10-2010 at 01:20 AM.
a random cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:54 PM   #14
Avenged Remains

Avenged Remains's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Green Thumb - Bronze   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Defeat in the Cross-Site (GSL 12 vs THL 5)   XBA Promoter   Submit - Bronze   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Bronze   NBA Live 07 - 1000 People Online...Again
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by I R BFOG View Post
Well I just helped a friend get it over xbox live and it popped for him. We did it legit this time - actually he did most of the work. Backup was not called and no explosives were used, was mainly hand to hand takedowns.
I tried this with my brother and after we finished the level (I got most of the kills but got detected while he got a few but wasn't detected). Looked about for a solution and I read that the patch might have fixed it so that if either you or your partner get detected it won't count. I can't confirm this yet, but could be a solution.
Avenged Remains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:34 PM   #15
BenWo

BenWo RKO's Gamercard
This just happened to me as well...

Did the 2 controller trick for "Perfect Hunter" and nothing?

I want to try again with killing 1 AI with my controller but people are saying that doesn't work.

Can someone please post how this actually unlocks and what criteria needs to be met for it to work.

Massive thanks to "Gackt" for my Sig!
BenWo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 05:36 PM   #16
maggotdude

maggot dude's Gamercard
this doesnt have to be done on original maps, my friend got this on the saltlake city map i think. its the one which you have to blow up all the explosives. its dead easy to do it on.
Old 06-09-2010, 06:44 PM   #17
chalmers1

I have also been going for the Perfect Hunter Achievement with a friend (split screen) and the 2 controler trick by myself but still no Achievement. I have been through 2 of the maps without either player being spotted and still nothing. I have also noticed that my Advanced stealth and Advanced close combat P.E.C challenges haven't unlocked either

chalmers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 06:48 PM   #18
BenWo

BenWo RKO's Gamercard
He's right, nothing is working, someone must know why?

Old 06-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #19
BenWo

BenWo RKO's Gamercard
And how is Salt Lake City easy??

There's like 12 men in the first room of the first section with a million lights and cameras!!!

Don't think so...

Old 06-09-2010, 11:32 PM   #20
hype

IncredibleHype's Gamercard
so u have to complete all four maps in one sitting? or just complete whatever map you're on in one sitting?

i got disconnected somehow in the middle of a map, but when i signed back in, we started from the beginning of that map instead of trying to continue. if i don't get that 50g for co-op on Realistic, i'm fuckin Tom Clancy up...

(yes, i know he isn't a game dev, but his name is on the game, therefore he's just as responsible...)

hijo del maliante puro.
hype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:06 AM   #21
maggotdude

maggot dude's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenWo View Post
And how is Salt Lake City easy??

There's like 12 men in the first room of the first section with a million lights and cameras!!!

Don't think so...
when you start just go straight upstairs, use the pipes and its easy. from there on its even easier !
Old 06-11-2010, 09:56 AM   #22
Benny51082

Benny51082's Gamercard
I've just done printing press with the two controller trick, no achievement for perfect hunter. My alt account was spotted on numerous occasions but my main was not at all. I did have to run out and save him three times and also killed two enemies in stealth. Maybe you cannot heal your partner? Can eanyone confirm that they got the achievement after healing their partner?

Also to add insult to injury my alternate account got hunter completionist for finishing all maps on realistic when this is the first map I completed with it!
Benny51082 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:50 PM   #23
RazerindemiX

Razer za Lazer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
this sucks dude i think dont try to do it in co-op just go it alone of course this nearly impossible for your good to average gamer cos playing hunter though 4-5 sections without making any mistakes well i think its tough although the DLC u have more decent odds like with only having to play 3 sections each with 12 men to dispose
so far i have only managed to stay undetected in two of the sections but of course i died several times so lots more practice for me and now i findout i might not even get it using above methods
BORRRIN to say the least
Old 06-12-2010, 07:05 PM   #24
Mister Buds

Mister Buds's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
judging by the dates of these posts, it seems that this achievement has become glitched with the newest update.

i did the achievement when the game first came out and had no problem. my partner even revived me once and was detected but didn't have reinforcements called and still got the achievement.

never heard of anyone having trouble with it before the update.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:44 PM   #25
RazerindemiX

Razer za Lazer's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Donator - Level 1
Hey u know what after posting i am finding hunter tough i have suddenly got my head round it and i am storming though the levels (still dying now and then sometimes detected) but am more confident in gettin perfect hunter without playing co-op hunter
Old 06-13-2010, 06:20 PM   #26
killajoy714

killajoy714's Gamercard
well a new update was just released. I'm not sure what it does, but I'm gonna try perfect hunter again and see if it works.
Old 06-13-2010, 06:31 PM   #27
killer ironman
Banned User

KILLER IRONMAN's Gamercard
For those trying the two control trick for the perfect achievement i believe an update was made to stop this exploit if you guys just keep trying you'll eventually get it....... Have patience. As for the co-op i don't know what to say.....
killer ironman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:20 PM   #28
killajoy714

killajoy714's Gamercard
Ok I just got Perfect Hunter! I did it solo on Salt Lake City. It was pretty easy. I recommend doing it solo, because I guess it is glitched on co-op. The update today may have fixed it though.
Old 06-13-2010, 07:44 PM   #29
chalmers1

I have done it on solo more than once but it still hasn't unlocked for me

EDIT:Ok so I finally got the Perfect Hunter Achievement. Not sure if it will help anyone else but I played split screen co-op by myself (with the update just incase you were wondering).With my main account i would shoot the first 2 enemies and move Archer somewhere safe in the shadows away from the starting point. Then I would do the rest of the section with my second account. Then I just repeated the same process with all the other sections and the Achievement unlocked.I did get detected a couple of times with the second account but i shot them before back up was called. I did try just shooting 1 enemy per section but for some reason it didn't unlock the Achievement for me. Hope this helps !

Last edited by chalmers1; 06-13-2010 at 11:58 PM. Reason: Achievement unlocked
chalmers1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 08:54 AM   #30
npodsiadlo

xOTMxNICKx's Gamercard
First i tried getting the achievement and it didn't unlock so I cleared the cache by going to system settings then memory then press y on your hardrive. Then play the game and when it asks you to update say no. Then do the 2 controller thing. I got back up called numerous times and didn't kill anyone with my main account and the achievement unlocked. So I'm guessing one of the updates was the problem.
npodsiadlo is offline   Reply With Quote