PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password
 

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooters > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-22-2013, 09:58 PM   #31
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,573

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsRPD View Post
Only thing bad with ODST was lack of matchmaking. If only lol. Spartan Ops has no waves so it is essentialy campaign ish. I'd say 70% campaign 30% Firefight.
True. You had to go into a match and invite people. Not being able to find players was annoying. Thankfully, a good friend of mine picked up the game with me and we were able to bang it out together.

I'd say more towards 80/20 towards Campaign.
__________________

Thanks to XeroFox for the awesome signature <3

BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 10:31 PM   #32
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
If ODST had matchmaking I would probably still be playing it honestly. I have fond memories of my Endurance runs for that game. The one in the Preserve (Lost Platoon I think) was a blast because of the Warthog and all of the Choppers. I also had a great time with the indoor ONI HQ level. Funneling enemies through the two entryways with two of us positioned on each door in a criss-crossing setup for complete saturation.

I also liked the different enemy ranks they included. Hunters had their golden counterparts with the traditional Fuel Rod Cannon instead of the Beam and Drones had a Major rank that was red and came with shielding. Variety is the spice of life and the series needs to be adding more of these class types. The only thing ODST was missing was a half-dozen Elite ranks.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:10 PM   #33
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,573

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
If ODST had matchmaking I would probably still be playing it honestly. I have fond memories of my Endurance runs for that game. The one in the Preserve (Lost Platoon I think) was a blast because of the Warthog and all of the Choppers. I also had a great time with the indoor ONI HQ level. Funneling enemies through the two entryways with two of us positioned on each door in a criss-crossing setup for complete saturation.

I also liked the different enemy ranks they included. Hunters had their golden counterparts with the traditional Fuel Rod Cannon instead of the Beam and Drones had a Major rank that was red and came with shielding. Variety is the spice of life and the series needs to be adding more of these class types. The only thing ODST was missing was a half-dozen Elite ranks.
Indoor ONI map was awesome. Only map I was able to handle in order to get Endure. Funneling those Covies down the two stairways sounds exactly right. I also strangely liked Windward (the rooftop level with snipers).

I don't even recall there being a difference between Hunters; one shot a beam or fuel rods and the other just a burst? I sure didn't like how some of the Brutes had shields in ODST if I recall correctly. Pretty sure they did not have shielding in Halo 2.

They need to make more variants to the Hunter. Maybe one with two Fuel Rod Cannons instead of one. And another with two plated shields. There's room for possibilities with them.
__________________

Thanks to XeroFox for the awesome signature <3

BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 11:20 PM   #34
StarsRPD
 
StarsRPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 891

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
The Hunters was 100% better in ODST and Reach than in H4. In this one their super cheap with their unpredictable quick charge. Windward for the win, tough level though to get the achievements.
__________________

Old account 200k+ region glitched. Xbox Support is useless

Last edited by StarsRPD; 01-22-2013 at 11:22 PM.
StarsRPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:19 AM   #35
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,573

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsRPD View Post
The Hunters was 100% better in ODST and Reach than in H4. In this one their super cheap with their unpredictable quick charge. Windward for the win, tough level though to get the achievements.
I've always loved the fact how the Hunters are always deployed in two's.

Windward was definitely one of the harder ones to get the achievement for. Chasm Ten & Dare's Crashsite too. Damn, good times. Firefight oughta come back in the future.
__________________

Thanks to XeroFox for the awesome signature <3

BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:36 PM   #36
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
The Golden Mgalekgolo fired the FRG Blob like they had in Halo 1. That and the Golden Armor were the only difference. And I agree with having more variants of the Mgalekgolo. I don't want them to over-do it since it would become repetitive (think Boomers, Grinders, etc... in Gears of War.) A little known fact, however, is that they actually have 2 forms (not including ODST's Gold forms.) When you look closely at the Halo 3 Scarab model, you can see the Lekgolo distributed throughout it's machinery. Scarab are literally Lekgolo colonies. Technically it's still just a machine, but without the Lekgolo it would be impossible to function the Combat Scarabs (Halo 2's Scarab was used for Excavation purposes, hence the unique model, and was the only Scarab model seen that didn't utilize the Lekgolo. I figure the Combat model was designed to require Lekgolo to prevent the enemy from hi-jacking them after Johnson used it against them in Halo 2.)
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:44 PM   #37
StarsRPD
 
StarsRPD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Norway
Posts: 891

Eskobar M92's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
I've always loved the fact how the Hunters are always deployed in two's.
Yeah that's cute, I think one of the 2 must be a lady hunter

I agree bring back Firefight.

Anyone want to play ODST? I'm done with H4 none on my friends is playing and those that do rather play COD.
__________________

Old account 200k+ region glitched. Xbox Support is useless

Last edited by StarsRPD; 01-23-2013 at 08:48 PM.
StarsRPD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2013, 10:49 PM   #38
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,573

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
The Golden Mgalekgolo fired the FRG Blob like they had in Halo 1. That and the Golden Armor were the only difference. And I agree with having more variants of the Mgalekgolo. I don't want them to over-do it since it would become repetitive (think Boomers, Grinders, etc... in Gears of War.) A little known fact, however, is that they actually have 2 forms (not including ODST's Gold forms.) When you look closely at the Halo 3 Scarab model, you can see the Lekgolo distributed throughout it's machinery. Scarab are literally Lekgolo colonies. Technically it's still just a machine, but without the Lekgolo it would be impossible to function the Combat Scarabs (Halo 2's Scarab was used for Excavation purposes, hence the unique model, and was the only Scarab model seen that didn't utilize the Lekgolo. I figure the Combat model was designed to require Lekgolo to prevent the enemy from hi-jacking them after Johnson used it against them in Halo 2.)
Hmm, don't know how I managed to miss the Golden ones. I always liked the FRG blob more than the stream. I can't help but think I've read that (Lekgolo Scarab) somewhere else before...maybe on HaloWiki or something. Probably HaloWiki, for sure now that I think about it.

Very interesting indeed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsRPD View Post
Yeah that's cute, I think one of the 2 must be a lady hunter

I agree bring back Firefight.

Anyone want to play ODST? I'm done with H4 none on my friends is playing and those that do rather play COD.
I wouldn't doubt it

I would be down to play but I honestly don't know where half my games are, and in that lost stash - ODST is within. Although I would agree that I'm pretty much bored of Halo 4 and have been working on games in my backlog while almost everyone on my friends list emerge themselves in Black Ops II...which is just lame.
__________________

Thanks to XeroFox for the awesome signature <3

BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 04:46 AM   #39
Kaiyo
 
Kaiyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Council Bluffs, Iowa
Posts: 3,498

KaiyoOrganiz000's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 2,500 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Needs a boss fight in it....
__________________
Full Achievements for:
Xbox 360 - 14
Xbox 360 Arcade - 5


Twitter - Raptr - Youtube
Kaiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 06:58 PM   #40
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,573

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiyo View Post
Needs a boss fight in it....
Halo and boss fights don't mix though. We were lucky to fight Tartarus and the Hereric Leader but they were short lived fights.

Wouldn't make sense to have a boss fight in SpOps because the only 'boss' would be Jul and/or Gek and that just wouldn't make sense lore wise.
__________________

Thanks to XeroFox for the awesome signature <3

BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 09:27 PM   #41
Ty-Rex
MORE LIKE JARDIN-BLOW!!!
 
Ty-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: /n(y)ōō/ /ˈjərzē/
Posts: 2,299

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Halo and boss fights don't mix though. We were lucky to fight Tartarus and the Hereric Leader but they were short lived fights.
There was also the Regret fight or whichever prophet he was.

The Tartarus fight was pretty awful. The only one I thought was good was the Heretic Leader because the gimmick wasn't as dumb and annoying as the other two.

Boss fights and FPS just don't mix well at all. It's either you give the boss a dumb amount of health, or you give him a glowing weak spot that appears every few minutes but otherwise he's invincible. Either of those two situations are horrible and annoying. Halo is especially limiting in that you have a set amount of weapons and mobility, so unlike an FPS RPG or Borderlands, you can't really make the boss have moves that can be countered with certain skills or weapon types.

The only kind of boss fight I can see working would be one where you need to chase an enemy on a vehicle since vehicle chases are one of the few things that Halo makes exciting. Maybe at the end he crashes and you just fight him like he's a normal, weak enemy. The fight itself is really just the part where you're chasing the dude.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
Fuck you, I love coffee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD

I HAVE WRONG OPINIONS ON TITANFALL DON'T LISTEN TO ME

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:32 PM   #42
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,573

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
There was also the Regret fight or whichever prophet he was.

The Tartarus fight was pretty awful. The only one I thought was good was the Heretic Leader because the gimmick wasn't as dumb and annoying as the other two.

Boss fights and FPS just don't mix well at all. It's either you give the boss a dumb amount of health, or you give him a glowing weak spot that appears every few minutes but otherwise he's invincible. Either of those two situations are horrible and annoying. Halo is especially limiting in that you have a set amount of weapons and mobility, so unlike an FPS RPG or Borderlands, you can't really make the boss have moves that can be countered with certain skills or weapon types.

The only kind of boss fight I can see working would be one where you need to chase an enemy on a vehicle since vehicle chases are one of the few things that Halo makes exciting. Maybe at the end he crashes and you just fight him like he's a normal, weak enemy. The fight itself is really just the part where you're chasing the dude.
Yeah, the Prophet of Regret too. I forgot about him. I thought fighting Tartarus was stupid. But once I figured out how to get a Banshee in the Control Room, it was fun The Heretic fight was cool cause he had Holos and could jetpack.

As you said though, FPS & Bosses don't go together. That's like eating a peanut butter and spicy mustard sandwich with toasted bread.

Chase sequences would be fun and cool, though. It'd change things up sequence-wise a bit from the typical 'click this button and watch a door open' or 'pick up this IFF tag.'
__________________

Thanks to XeroFox for the awesome signature <3

BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:40 PM   #43
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I agree with Gheuh. Boss Fights are a wholly unrealistic and generally unfair and uninviting gameplay mechanic that don't have any business in FPS. In a game like Halo or COD where the gameplay is generally based on realistic encounters (use your imagination when I say realistic.) Now ask yourself why you could wipe out a hundred Jiralhanae only to reach the end of the level and one Jiralhanae can magically absorb 5 times as many rounds as the rest.

In Halo 2, the Heretic boss was done well because it was realistic. The Heretic was regular health and simply had holograms to prevent you from spotting the real one. The prophet was also done somewhat well because it was more focused on support troops protecting the prophet than he himself being over-powered (Plus if you didn't like the Prophet fight, there was a glitch in the game that let you kill him the first time boarding his chair, so the whole fight took 20 seconds.)
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:48 PM   #44
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,573

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Now ask yourself why you could wipe out a hundred Jiralhanae only to reach the end of the level and one Jiralhanae can magically absorb 5 times as many rounds as the rest.
Lol, I like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
In Halo 2, the Heretic boss was done well because it was realistic. The prophet was also done somewhat well...(Plus if you didn't like the Prophet fight, there was a glitch in the game that let you kill him the first time boarding his chair, so the whole fight took 20 seconds.)
I remember that glitch, and surely used it when necessary on my Legendary runs.


*Boss fights should be restricted to fighting games, and some RPG's. That's it.
__________________

Thanks to XeroFox for the awesome signature <3

BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:49 PM   #45
Razor Buddha
 
Razor Buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 133

Arch Infinity's Gamercard
Out of a 5 mission set, 1 was from MP again, 1 was from Campaign again, and 3 were new locations which will be reused throughout the next 4 weeks. Over and Over.
__________________

GT: Arch Infinity
Razor Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 10:56 PM   #46
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,573

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Buddha View Post
Out of a 5 mission set, 1 was from MP again, 1 was from Campaign again, and 3 were new locations which will be reused throughout the next 4 weeks. Over and Over.
Disappointing, for sure. But the evening background on the Requiem map was nice, and the 3 new locations were great because it was an actual level, rather than a small firefight stage.
__________________

Thanks to XeroFox for the awesome signature <3

BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:04 PM   #47
Fechdog
 
Fechdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 442

Fechdog's Gamercard
That third level was kind of annoying trying to navigate it. I really enjoyed the last level even though I have no clue what the Harvester is since I never really followed the lore since I never had a chance to read the books.
__________________
Fechdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2013, 11:57 PM   #48
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Actually that Harvester is a new thing to all of us Fechdog. Beyond the fact that the Covenant are ALWAYS excavating something (As Palmer points out, those guys need to get a new hobby), we've never actually seen this device. That's why I was questioning it's organic nature in an earlier post. It's a baffling addition to the series and I can only help but feel as though it's Forerunner rather than Covenant. The Covies usually just excavate with a Scarab's Laser and weapons from their capital ships.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 12:38 AM   #49
Ty-Rex
MORE LIKE JARDIN-BLOW!!!
 
Ty-Rex's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: /n(y)ōō/ /ˈjərzē/
Posts: 2,299

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Is the Harvester supposed to be like a big hunter worms thing like the scarabs are or is it it's own new species that is just a really big... thing?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Merch View Post
Fuck you, I love coffee.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BiggD

I HAVE WRONG OPINIONS ON TITANFALL DON'T LISTEN TO ME

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 02:27 AM   #50
LickableLemons7
 
LickableLemons7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: 8-bit heaven
Posts: 3,576

SublimeThugLife's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 8 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
Is the Harvester supposed to be like a big hunter worms thing like the scarabs are or is it it's own new species that is just a really big... thing?
What if it's...
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)

Get money, get paid.
__________________
LickableLemons7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:48 AM   #51
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,573

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Here are some screens for next week's Episode:











__________________

Thanks to XeroFox for the awesome signature <3


Last edited by BiggD; 01-27-2013 at 12:52 AM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:53 AM   #52
Razor Buddha
 
Razor Buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 133

Arch Infinity's Gamercard
Spartan Ops... more like Spartan Flops amirite.
__________________

GT: Arch Infinity
Razor Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 12:57 AM   #53
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,573

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Buddha View Post
Spartan Ops... more like Spartan Flops amirite.
No doubt, the missions are so disconnected from the Cinematics. But I'll still boot up Halo to do them on Monday.

The new pics looks fresh, too.
__________________

Thanks to XeroFox for the awesome signature <3

BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:06 AM   #54
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
super psyched for the new episode Monday! I knew it was only a matter of time before we had levels set on Infinity. Considering how much of the ship has been detailed between the S-Ops cutscenes and the Campaign cutscenes and level 4, they've got a decent amount of space to build on. Definitely looking forward to the next episode.

While I'm thinking about it, a proposal on how to make S-Ops better and I'm looking for opinions. So far S-Ops has thrived completely on over-the-top encounters with insane numbers of Hunters and enemies with over-the-top health and ammo and players pretty much just throw themselves at the enemy until everything is dead.

For season 2, what if they were to scale back the insanity. Make it more like the Campaign (maybe a little bit more ridiculous to accommodate 4 players) and instead of having unlimited lives, everybody has maybe 2 or 3 each. Instead of being a chaotic run n' gun experience it would force more tactical decisions between players. Actual strategy and guerrilla tactics. The more I play Spartan Ops, the more I wish it was like the Campaign, just on steroids. The occasional FRG grunt firing squad is understandable, but constantly throwing them at you wave after wave after wave is ridiculous and I either spend more time in the match dead or play strategically, which always lands me the fewest kills on the team because Elite shields are insanely overpowered (especially since S-Ops has never not lagged for me and it makes aiming and headshots nigh impossible.)

Just a though. Questions, comments, concerns?

And Bigg, you're just trying to boil my blood with that signature, aren't you? lol. I'm about ready to have an aneurism because of that TES travesty.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:11 AM   #55
Razor Buddha
 
Razor Buddha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 133

Arch Infinity's Gamercard
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
No doubt, the missions are so disconnected from the Cinematics. But I'll still boot up Halo to do them on Monday.

The new pics looks fresh, too.
I still don't see what was so wrong with firefight. It was my favorite mode in the previous two Halo's.

Watch them put it back in 5 because of the outcry.
__________________

GT: Arch Infinity
Razor Buddha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:46 AM   #56
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,573

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Super psyched for the new episode Monday! I knew it was only a matter of time before we had levels set on Infinity.

While I'm thinking about it, a proposal on how to make S-Ops better and I'm looking for opinions:

For Season 2, what if they were to scale back the insanity; make it more like the Campaign and instead of having unlimited lives, everybody has maybe 2 or 3 each. Instead of being a chaotic run n' gun experience it would force more tactical decisions between players.

Just a thought. Questions, comments, concerns?
Fighting on the Infinity...personally, I don't know how to feel about that. Only because fighting on a UNSC ship is far too common in Halo (Pillar of Autumn, Cairo Station, Dawn). It may be fun though!

"Campaign on steroids" lolololol. I don't know man...I would like to have a set number of lives; either 4 lives across all players, or a pool of 15 lives total. But that may upset some gamers who don't take Spartan Ops as seriously as others. However, I do see how constantly throwing yourself at the countless waves of enemies in hopes to clear the battlefield out and move on is kinda mindless and lame.

I'm with you. Spartan Ops should have a limit of lives, for sure.

But who knows if there will even be a Season 2? It would be nice if they made one. More story-driven content makes me content.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
And Bigg, you're just trying to boil my blood with that signature, aren't you? lol. I'm about ready to have an aneurism because of that TES travesty.
Lol, dude. I am so ready for it!! My friend signed up for the Beta so if he gets in, I am dropping everything and going over his house to test it out. I simply cannot wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Buddha View Post
I still don't see what was so wrong with firefight. It was my favorite mode in the previous two Halo's. Watch them put it back in 5 because of the outcry.
There wasn't really anything wrong with it, 343 just wanted to try something new out. If they were to bring back Firefight, that'd be sweet. I want both modes in Halo 5, but that's asking for too much lol.
__________________

Thanks to XeroFox for the awesome signature <3

BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:57 AM   #57
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
I'm fairly certain there will be more. This is supposed to keep us pretty well occupied with Halo content until Halo 5. Now if they had to pick between more S-Ops Seasons and Halo 2 HD Remake, I'm taking Halo 2. Lol

Halo already has Matchmaking and Custom Games, so I don't see any reason for Spartan Ops to be mindless too. Just like at Beast Mode and Horde mode in GoW3. It actually had a fair amount of depth with setting up barriers, purchasing units, etc... Spartan Ops/Firefight could do with something similar (not to encourage "stealing" from other games as people like to call it.)

From what I've seen of the ES MMO, it looks pretty awful. Even the CGI, which always wins me over for any game, just made me hate the MMO that much more. The new character models look absolutely awful. They look too much like WoW and nothing like their Elder Scrolls style that the game should be in. Far as I'm concerned, not a real Elder Scrolls game.
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:18 AM   #58
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,573

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
I'm fairly certain there will be more. This is supposed to keep us pretty well occupied with Halo content until Halo 5. Now if they had to pick between more S-Ops Seasons and Halo 2 HD Remake, I'm taking Halo 2. Lol

Halo already has Matchmaking and Custom Games, so I don't see any reason for Spartan Ops to be mindless too. Just like at Beast Mode and Horde mode in GoW3. It actually had a fair amount of depth with setting up barriers, purchasing units, etc... Spartan Ops/Firefight could do with something similar (not to encourage "stealing" from other games as people like to call it.)
Halo 2 > SpOps 2 for me as well. Alotta the secondary Co-Op modes developers are putting into their games are essentially an Enemy-Wave-Mode in which players don't use any strategy in order to complete the wave or finish the match/map.

Such an example is Assassin's Creed 3's Wolfpack Mode. 4 Players are tasked to strategically and silently take down enemy targets...yet when you get matched with 3 random players, they all run around killing everyone recklessly which nets the team no points...it's so stupid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
From what I've seen of the ES MMO, it looks pretty awful. Even the CGI, which always wins me over for any game, just made me hate the MMO that much more. The new character models look absolutely awful. They look too much like WoW and nothing like their Elder Scrolls style that the game should be in. Far as I'm concerned, not a real Elder Scrolls game.
I'm the total opposite. I despise MMO's and yet the CGI won me over when I checked it out this past week. I still don't know if I'm 100% committed because like I said, I simply don't do MMO's..but we'll see.

To be on the same page, Elder Scrolls VI on the next gen console will be sweet. Where you looking/hoping for it to take place? I say Elsweyr as I'm a sucker for those Khajiit. (I'm by no means a lore-expert for TES...there's simply way too much to know and read into).
__________________

Thanks to XeroFox for the awesome signature <3


Last edited by BiggD; 01-27-2013 at 02:21 AM.
BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 02:35 AM   #59
DarkReign2021
Banned User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Earth, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy
Posts: 3,459

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Hence why games like Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed shouldn't have multiplayer. It's just completely out of place for series like those.

For Elder Scrolls VI, I've done a bit of research on the series and I see two logicial possibilities. The more likely direction is going to be Summerset Isle (and maybe throw in Valenwood for good measure.) The existence of the Thalmor and the White Concordat Treaty suggests there will be some major political happenings for the next game assuming the next game isn't 200 years later like Skyrim was to Oblivion.

Assuming it jumps a decent amount of time into the future and brings up some new events, I would like to see them do Elseweyr and Black Marsh. Both regions are decently small enough that I could see them being combined for a next-gen Elder Scrolls. On top of that, they're almost bordering each other with only the Torpal Sea and the lower portion of Cyrodiil separating the two. The Khajiit and Argonians have always been at odds with one another, so I can see a war breaking out with the two. The Cyrodiil region with Leyawiin could even be enforced by the Imperials as a neutrality zone.

Either of these really works for me. I wouldn't mind returning to Morrowind personally (the whole region, not just Vvardenfell) but according to Dragonborn DLC most of Morrowind has been destroyed by Red Mountain. Hammerfell and High Rock just don't interest me and I don't think they're going to take the Elder Scrolls series off of Tamriel.

Now the real question is whether the universe should persist as is or if they should begin to push toward the industrial age like the Fable series has started moving toward. I never want guns in TES, but I wouldn't be against seeing more steam-punk designs (akin to the Dwemer, but more utilized in every-day life.)
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:24 AM   #60
BiggD
Smashing Shit in Pandora
 
BiggD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 11,573

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Submit - Emerald   Road Map - Silver   Achievement Guide - Silver   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   CABS Beta Tester   10,000 posts   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Diamond   XBA Promoter   A+ Thread Award   Donator - Level 1
Total Awards: 11 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Hence why games like Mass Effect and Assassin's Creed shouldn't have multiplayer. It's just completely out of place for series like those.

For Elder Scrolls VI, I've done a bit of research on the series and I see two logicial possibilities. The more likely direction is going to be Summerset Isle (and maybe throw in Valenwood for good measure.)

Assuming it jumps a decent amount of time into the future and brings up some new events, I would like to see them do Elseweyr and Black Marsh. Both regions are decently small enough that I could see them being combined for a next-gen Elder Scrolls. The Khajiit and Argonians have always been at odds with one another, so I can see a war breaking out with the two.

Now the real question is whether the universe should persist as is or if they should begin to push toward the industrial age like the Fable series has started moving toward. I never want guns in TES, but I wouldn't be against seeing more steam-punk designs (akin to the Dwemer, but more utilized in every-day life.)
Tell that to the Devs. They add such useless MP to these Story-heavy games and then decide to support the game with DLC in terms of MP. Ugh.

I was thinking Summerset Isles would work too because the Thalmor had a pretty significant role in Skyrim. I wouldn't mind digging deeper into the history of them. Combining Elsweyr and Black Marsh could work, I hadn't thought of that. They're both small and their environments would give a nice contrast to each other.

I never played Morrowind but from the Dragonborn DLC, it seems like a good setting but since they already had a game on it, I'd rather them focus elsewhere.

I'll admit I don't know as much lore/background as you, but I'd say the future games should remain in the same style as Oblivion/Skyrim instead of moving towards a more industrial-Dwemer-like world.

EDIT: Apparently there's rumored DLC for February/March for a return to Hammerfell.
__________________

Thanks to XeroFox for the awesome signature <3

BiggD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 07:01 AM.