PlaystationTrophies Got a news tip? tips@x360a.org
Username
Password

Go Back   XboxAchievements.com > Xbox 360 Retail Games > Shooter > Halo 4
Subscribe    Donate

Old 01-27-2013, 05:10 AM   #61
Razor Buddha

Arch Infinity's Gamercard
The idea that Spartan Ops will have a season 2 is far fetched. At that point they'll charge us for the DLC and to that I have to say have you ever seen the populations for Halo DLC playlists? Nobody buys it.

Frank O'Connor mentioned briefly on neogaf that they were toying around with the idea of a "Elite Ops" but again the dwindling population for the game doesn't bode well for future expansions.

I'm all for it and will of course buy it because as much as I whine and moan I'm still a stupid fanboy. But they have to seriously step it up and not have lame 5 minute missions that have no real connection to the cinematic cutscenes.

And give us all the missions at once, I'm tired of this stupid rolling out each week mechanism designed to keep you invested. I want all 50 missions from the get-go. Especially if I have already downloaded them all.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:23 AM   #62
DarkReign2021
Banned User

DarkReign2021's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)
Honestly I never expected Season 2 to come free if there is one. I assumed from day one they would charge us something for it and I'm full ready to pay it, just as I intend to pay for any map packs they release after the initial 3. I'm still enjoying Halo 4. Campaign, Multiplayer, and Spartan Ops are all still fun in my book, so I'll continue to support the series regardless. I would like to see more connections between S-Ops gameplay and the CGI trailer (looks like Episode 7 might do that pretty well) but honestly even if it stays the same I want them for the Opening Cutscenes and in-game dialog. Hell, I'd honestly pay for 343 to release heavily-scripted versions of Spartan-Ops in movie form instead of actually playing it. Than we could ditch Crimson and focus completely on Fireteam Majestic. It could be another Web Series like FUD, but done with in-game graphics and gameplay. I'd be more than happy with that. (Speaking of which, forgot I bought Forward Unto Dawn. I need to watch that again for the extra footage!)
DarkReign2021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:26 AM   #63
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Total Awards: 17 (more» ...)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razor Buddha View Post
The idea that Spartan Ops will have a season 2 is far fetched. At that point they'll charge us for the DLC and to that I have to say have you ever seen the populations for Halo DLC playlists? Nobody buys it.

Frank O'Connor mentioned briefly on neogaf that they were toying around with the idea of a "Elite Ops" but again the dwindling population for the game doesn't bode well for future expansions.
Elite Ops? LOLOLOL! If Frank truly said that then that's hilarious.

That's the dumbest thing that could happen to Halo 4....

I'd probably buy it though.

Thanks to Xerofox for the romantically rambunctious signature!

Currently Playing: Halo: The Master Chief Collection
~ HALO IS LOVE, HALO IS LIFE ~
BiggD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 05:51 AM   #64
Razor Buddha

Quote:
Originally Posted by The BiggD View Post
Elite Ops? LOLOLOL! If Frank truly said that then that's hilarious.

That's the dumbest thing that could happen to Halo 4....

I'd probably buy it though.
He said it in response to people on neogaf complaining that you can't play as an Elite in H4.

It'd be interesting that's for sure. But who would you fight? Marines? Spartan-IVs? Seems to me they have to do a lot of coding for that and at that point I'd rather just have bots for custom games than a all-Elite season 2.
Old 01-27-2013, 05:55 AM   #65
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Awards Showcase 15,000 Posts   Community Gaming - Silver   Xbox One Maximum Clubs Novice   Achievement Guide - Gold   Road Map - Gold   Submit - Diamond   Micro Guide - Diamond   A+ Thread Award   CABS Beta Tester   Staff vs Subscribers 2014 Winner   Donator - Level 2   VGO Bronze Medal
Quote:
He said it in response to people on neogaf complaining that you can't play as an Elite in H4.

It'd be interesting that's for sure. But who would you fight? Marines? Spartan-IVs? Seems to me they have to do a lot of coding for that and at that point I'd rather just have bots for custom games than a all-Elite season 2.
I could see his reasoning behind it, it's just a little silly. If it were an entire Season of playing as an Elite, I'm not sure how I would feel about it.

If it were like Halo 2, and it would bounce back and forth between Fire-team Crimson and an Elite squadron...that would be kinda badass.

EDIT: Probably fighting against standard Marines and non-important Spartan-IV's.

Old 01-28-2013, 05:13 AM   #66
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Just a quick post. Played through the new levels of Spartan Ops Episode 7. Definitely the best episode yet. Quick breakdown:

Episode 1 takes place on Apex, a beach-front type of level that has you defending your phantom from an onslaught of Forerunner and Covenant. Includes several ghosts, a wraith, and a Mantis for a bit of fun. IMO, one of the best levels in Spartan Ops yet. It's somewhat linear and close-quarters, but there are multiple nooks and crannies to take cover in and it's a gorgeous locale.

Episodes 2,3,4,& 5 take place onboard Infinity. Fortunately they do not take place on the same map like re-used levels have in the past. 2 begins in a hangar bay similar, but graphically different from the one at the beginning of Level 6. 3,4,&5 begin in the room that the previous level left off, but you spend very little time within the room and it quickly moves you to new parts of the ship, all of which are beautifully streamlined into one consistent ship layout (although I think we need to have a word with the ship's interior decorator. Dark and Metal isn't a very inviting look, especially if you compare it with Pillar of Autumn and Cairo Station.

As for the encounters, they're actually akin to what I was wanting before. Instead of fighting over-the-top enemies with power weapons, there's more focus on sheer numbers. There's a particular focus on Jackal Rangers in this Episode and both Jackals and grunts will be your primary hassle, with Elites supplementing them with the usual plasma swords, Fuel Rod Cannons, and insanely-superior-to-mine Storm Rifles. I still die more than I would like, but a large part of that is due to my carelessness since there are no repercussions for dying. These levels are much more balanced and enjoyable, especially with the large amount of UNSC weapons and ammo being thrown at you. Crawlers have a moderate presence as well, but Knights and Watchers weren't nearly as common except for Chapter 1 & 5.

The cutscene itself was magnificently done. Strongly focused on Dr. Halsey and her insubordinate nature. No questions were really answered, but we did get to see the Covenant invade the ship and Lasky gets a Shotgun. Very cool indeed.

Overall, the missions themselves play perfectly into the Cutscene, something I know a lot of people were asking for. At no point in the 5 chapters did I not feel like I was working toward something. Disarming nukes, reactivating weapons systems, and so on. It felt like an actual Campaign mission with the sheer amount of dialog provided in-game.

Last edited by DarkReign2021; 01-28-2013 at 05:39 AM.
Old 01-28-2013, 12:00 PM   #67
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkReign2021 View Post
Just a quick post. Played through the new levels of Spartan Ops Episode 7. Definitely the best episode yet.

The cutscene itself was magnificently done. Strongly focused on Dr. Halsey and her insubordinate nature. No questions were really answered, but we did get to see the Covenant invade the ship and Lasky gets a Shotgun. Very cool indeed.

Overall, the missions themselves play perfectly into the Cutscene, something I know a lot of people were asking for. At no point in the 5 chapters did I not feel like I was working toward something. Disarming nukes, reactivating weapons systems, and so on. It felt like an actual Campaign mission with the sheer amount of dialog provided in-game.
Sounds like good stuff. I'll be playing them through after work today. Hopefully it's a good hour of SpOps tonight.

EDIT: Caught the Intro Cinematic before leaving to work - The reference to John-117 was good stuff. Really intense opening. Except for the fact that apparently Palmer can one-shot Knights with a Magnum.

Last edited by BiggD; 01-28-2013 at 12:19 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 06:36 PM   #68
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Yeah. I thought that was kind of cheesy. I'm going to chalk it up to the spartans around her are knocking out the shields when the screen isn't looking.
Old 01-28-2013, 07:38 PM   #69
Convas

Convas's Gamercard
Quote:
Yeah. I thought that was kind of cheesy. I'm going to chalk it up to the spartans around her are knocking out the shields when the screen isn't looking.
This. As soon as I saw it, I wondered how people could not be concluding that "Hey, the marines are over here firing ARs at the Knights, surely she's being tactical and helping them by picking off the shieldless!"

Guess we're in the few.

On topic though, I am thoroughly impressed with the way Episode 6 played, it felt like the Co-Op campaign that we were first told about when we heard about SpOps. Locations are fantastic and nothing feels pointless or needlessly repetitious and now I hear that Ep 7 is great as well.

Definitely looking forward to how they wrap this all up and inevitably tie things into Halo 5.

Most Recent 100%:
Modern Warfare 3, Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
, Fez

Last edited by Convas; 01-28-2013 at 07:42 PM.
Convas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:01 PM   #70
DarkReign2021
Banned User

I wouldn't expect them to tie things into Halo 5 just yet. I'm expecting there to be at least a Season 2. I would like to think Spartan Ops will keep going until Halo 5. At the very least 1 want 10 more episodes.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:43 PM   #71
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I wouldn't expect them to tie things into Halo 5 just yet. I'm expecting there to be at least a Season 2. I would like to think Spartan Ops will keep going until Halo 5. At the very least 1 want 10 more episodes.
They're definitely not going to have Spartan Ops last until Halo 5 because that's most likely coming out in 2015. With that said, we'll be lucky to get a second season, but that's about it.

Couple more hours until I get home from work and test this badass Episode out!

Old 01-28-2013, 11:08 PM   #72
LickableLemons7

LickableLemons7's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Total Awards: 10 (more» ...)
Episodes 6 and 7 are so much better (or at least feel considerably more refreshing) than the torturous Episodes 2-5. I'm genuinely excited for Episode 8's trailer.

The way Episode 8 played out in the Infinity reminded me of Dead Space with the way setpieces were laid out. You sort of take a big circle and at the end of Chapter 5 you're right where you started in Chapter 2. The different enemy types kind of helped ease the flow. I noticed an Elite wielding a Scattershot once he evaded a grenade I chucked, and he rolled straight up to me and blasted me in the face. Pretty cool considering I've never recognized the Storm faction using Forerunner weapons yet.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:18 PM   #73
Fechdog

Fechdog's Gamercard
That Elite freaked me out when I saw it shoot at me. It made sense since Forerunners and Elites were together at the same time, which was hardly done in the first 5 episodes. I enjoyed that change of pace and really enjoyed episode 7.
Old 01-28-2013, 11:59 PM   #74
DarkReign2021
Banned User

It was more frightening for me when I was in the generator room and there were two Elites wielding the human turrets on either side of the room. It was a helluva time just getting them off. I missed the Elite with the Scattershot though. I'll have to check that out.
Old 01-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #75
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Finally finished Episode 7. Here are my thoughts:

Chapter 1 & 4: I liked the level layout for Chapter 1, but I didn't care for Chapter 4 as a whole.

Chapter 2 & 3: Loved the music throughout the missions. Felt more like a Campaign. Except the enemies in the engine room on Chapter 3 were spawning from the ceiling and dropping down into the room...that's freakin' stupid. There also should have been a timer for deactivating the nukes to make it more dramatic - and if you fail, you get to watch a short cinematic of Infinity blowing up

Chapter 5: Really good chapter, although 343 has gotta calm down with the Hunters. They aren't hard to kill, there are just too many of them throughout the missions.

Overall...I liked the flow of the chapters and the dramatic music throughout. We still don't know why the Covenant/Prometheans invaded the Infinity from the missions and what happened to Switchback (we have to piece that together ourselves which is easy, but they should explain it clearer...unless I missed it).

The end sets up next weeks Episode to look like we'll be defending Infinity a little longer.

EDIT: It's nice of 343 to up the XP on the Weekly challenges, although I'm in no rush or worry to rank up.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:49 AM   #76
LickableLemons7

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 2   Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - DEG23   Micro Guide - Bronze   Staff Club - DeekBoy   Submit - Bronze   2,500 Posts   XBA Promoter   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Over Achiever - Bronze
Ho hum. Anybody catch that trailer for Episode 8? The episode will be titled "Expendable" and hits Live on Monday as usual. I'd put up a link for the trailer on YouTube if I wasn't on my phone. But the title "Expendable" makes me think something big's gonna go down. Someone could die. Yes? No? Maybe?

And Jul has spoken English before...did anyone catch what he may have said at the end of the trailer? Many commenters on YouTube already pointed it out but...
Spoiler! (click here to reveal)
Old 01-31-2013, 01:06 AM   #77
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Originally Posted by LickableLemons7 View Post
Ho hum. Anybody catch that trailer for Episode 8? Titled, "Expendable" makes me think something big's gonna go down. Someone could die. Yes? No? Maybe?

And Jul has spoken English before...did anyone catch what he may have said at the end of the trailer? Many commenters on YouTube already pointed it out but...
Here we are, Lemons.

I've seen it a couple times. IMO, Jul is just stammering in surprise that Halsey is getting away/yelling at his troops, in his language. I think it's too far of a Reach for him to say:

Anyways. Halsey gets kidnapped - intense stuff! Spartan Ops is really shaping up. I don't care about recycled maps - the story is where it's at!

I do agree that once Spartan Ops ends, these Forums will be dead. Not even Majestic and Castle DLC will keep it bumpin' ... Halo 5 Forums now!

EDIT: Thorne's voice is fucking cool. And Palmer gets destroyed.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:06 AM   #78
DarkReign2021
Banned User

Yeah, by the looks of it Palmer is in some deep shit and Halsey is going to be in even deeper. I don't believe Jul is saying what you think he's saying (why is that spoilers?) and I don't think Catherine is actually running away. I think she was able to reactivate the Librarian and she was rushing forward to see it up close, which would of course make the Sangheili uneasy since the Librarian is still one of their gods.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:24 AM   #79
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
Yeah, by the looks of it Palmer is in some deep shit and Halsey is going to be in even deeper. I don't believe Jul is saying what you think he's saying (why is that spoilers?) and I don't think Catherine is actually running away. I think she was able to reactivate the Librarian and she was rushing forward to see it up close, which would of course make the Sangheili uneasy since the Librarian is still one of their gods.
I don't know. Lemons made it spoiler material so I thought I would keep it as such, lol.

I don't buy it though - 'awakening' or whatever the Librarian. I just cant see something that big happening in Spartan Ops.

Old 01-31-2013, 07:00 AM   #80
DarkReign2021
Banned User

I said the same thing about mentioned the Master Chief at all throughout S-Ops. I figured anything regarding the Master Chief was important enough that it should be kept to the Main campaign exclusively. Obviously the storyline of S-Ops is playing a variably more important role than we supposed.

That said, I would imagine they plan on revealing some juicy plot points since S-Ops is still, for all intents and purposes, canon and created for the purpose of furthering the lore between games. Whatever they decide the focus of Halo 5 is going to be, Spartan Ops is obviously left with being the bridge between the two and any changing elements in the universe are left to be explained here ( There's still the issue of the Covenant's alliance with Humanity, the Sangheili/Jiralhanae Civil War, the whereabouts of the still-active S-II's/S-III's as well as Kilo-5 (though this will probably be wrapped up in the last Traviss novel), the mystery of the missing Spirit of Fire, and the effect's of the Chief's genetic enhancements (as well as the Geas the Librarian had implanted that eventually gave Dr. Halsey the knowledge and intelligence she would need to create the Spartans and MJOLNIR as well as the unique process used to create 3rd generation Smart A.I. I would imagine this to be a VERY fascinating conversation between the two.)

With that said, nothing important has really happened yet, for suspense purposes I suspect, as well as the fact that 343 probably does plan on doing a Season 2 and maybe 3. Whether or not we actually see the next seasons is TBD, but going off that assumption would leave me to believe that they would want to save important plot points for later. If there really is going to be a Season 2, 343 will want a hook and sinker to catch people off guard and pull them into wanting Season 2. Activating the Librarian could do just that.

Last edited by DarkReign2021; 01-31-2013 at 07:09 AM.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:03 PM   #81
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
That said, I would imagine they plan on revealing some juicy plot points since S-Ops is still, for all intents and purposes, canon and created for the purpose of furthering the lore between games. Whatever they decide the focus of Halo 5 is going to be, Spartan Ops is obviously left with being the bridge between the two and any changing elements in the universe are left to be explained here ( There's still the issue of the Covenant's alliance with Humanity, the Sangheili/Jiralhanae Civil War, the whereabouts of the still-active S-II's/S-III's as well as Kilo-5 (though this will probably be wrapped up in the last Traviss novel), the mystery of the missing Spirit of Fire, and the effect's of the Chief's genetic enhancements (as well as the Geas the Librarian had implanted that eventually gave Dr. Halsey the knowledge and intelligence she would need to create the Spartans and MJOLNIR as well as the unique process used to create 3rd generation Smart A.I. I would imagine this to be a VERY fascinating conversation between the two.)

If there really is going to be a Season 2, 343 will want a hook and sinker to catch people off guard and pull them into wanting Season 2. Activating the Librarian could do just that.
I want Kilo-5 and Blue Team in Halo 5 or 6. That's all I want. I don't see what direction or what focus they have planned for the next two games, but until they are released, I'll rely on Spartan Ops to connect the gap between Halo 4 and 5.

Librarian + Halsey meeting would make for an epic in game moment.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:03 PM   #82
DarkReign2021
Banned User

I think Halo 5 and 6 are should be done on an epic scale. Honestly in the sense of maintaining the traditional Halo gameplay, there's very little they can really do to enhance the series, so the best way to enhance the game, IMO, would be to take the series to a galactic level, featuring multiple planets and showing off ship battles as the Flood push for a galactic takeover. Go for a sort of Mass Effect and Gears of War feel with the series as the Flood push forward and the remainder of the Human colonies begin being put at risk again. Obviously the Flood Crusade can only be taken so far story-wise, so the latter half of the game (I'm thinking 14-16 levels) would be focused on Forerunner planets and finding weapons (maybe even a Forerunner alliance with humanity, putting Knights and Crawlers on our side.) Halo 5, much like Halo 2 did, will likely end with a cliff hangar. I would personally like to see an anti-climactic ending where the Flood overtake the large majority of Earth. ONI could have started developing an Ark contingency program for such an emergency and given Humanity's fascination with finding Halos and Shield Worlds, I'd say Humanity seeking refuge within them would be a reasonable action to take. From there, Halo 6 would be focused on the return of the Precursor and all kinds of goodness happens there, but I don't want to start thinking too far ahead. Gotta stay focused on Halo 5 for now.

Now this does not go off of any basis or proof and I wouldn't necessarily even want Halo 5 to go in this direction, but it's one path I've considered of many and it's one I feel would best open a path up for Halo 6. There are more possibilities in my head than I care to keep track of.
Old 01-31-2013, 10:17 PM   #83
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I think Halo 5 and 6 are should be done on an epic scale. Honestly in the sense of maintaining the traditional Halo gameplay, there's very little they can really do to enhance the series, so the best way to enhance the game, IMO, would be to take the series to a galactic level, featuring multiple planets and showing off ship battles as the Flood push for a galactic takeover. Go for a sort of Mass Effect and Gears of War feel with the series as the Flood push forward and the remainder of the Human colonies begin being put at risk again. Obviously the Flood Crusade can only be taken so far story-wise, so the latter half of the game (I'm thinking 14-16 levels) would be focused on Forerunner planets and finding weapons (maybe even a Forerunner alliance with humanity, putting Knights and Crawlers on our side.) Halo 5, much like Halo 2 did, will likely end with a cliff hangar. I would personally like to see an anti-climactic ending where the Flood overtake the large majority of Earth. ONI could have started developing an Ark contingency program for such an emergency and given Humanity's fascination with finding Halos and Shield Worlds, I'd say Humanity seeking refuge within them would be a reasonable action to take. From there, Halo 6 would be focused on the return of the Precursor and all kinds of goodness happens there, but I don't want to start thinking too far ahead. Gotta stay focused on Halo 5 for now.

Now this does not go off of any basis or proof and I wouldn't necessarily even want Halo 5 to go in this direction, but it's one path I've considered of many and it's one I feel would best open a path up for Halo 6. There are more possibilities in my head than I care to keep track of.
Ship battles. Not sure how I would feel about that if players were the ones controlling the ships and whatnot. Also, Forerunner alliance - no way!

Halo 5 ending with the biggest cliff hanger ever like Halo 2 would hype up the next game so I can dig that. There's endless possibilities for both games, but I honestly wanna know 343I's for Halo 5 because I just don't see them doing anything that epic.

Old 02-01-2013, 12:22 AM   #84
LickableLemons7

Quote:
Ship battles. Not sure how I would feel about that if players were the ones controlling the ships and whatnot.
I thought Long Night of Solace in Halo: Reach was awesome. One of the few things I liked in that campaign.

Quote:
Originally Posted by library
Also, Forerunner alliance - no way!
Just to partially annoy DarkReign:

Old 02-01-2013, 12:46 AM   #85
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I thought Long Night of Solace in Halo: Reach was awesome. One of the few things I liked in that campaign.

Just to partially annoy DarkReign:

With smaller ships, like fighters and whatnot, it could work. But if he meant controlling large vessels like the Infinity...

Old 02-01-2013, 03:11 AM   #86
DarkReign2021
Banned User

I wasn't talking about controlling ships in combat. Definitely not. That wouldn't make any sense since the Master Chief isn't a Ship Captain. I'm simply referring to actually seeing some of these ship conflicts. Being able to watch more extensive cuts of various space engagements.

(On a separate note, it would be an interesting side game to do a Halo "Flight Sim" Various missions bouncing players around between Pelicans, Phantoms, Banshee, Vampire, Hawks, Vulture, and various ship classes would be amazing if done right. It could be an interesting project for the guys that did Dark Void and Crimson Skies. Lord knows we haven't had a good flying game in years.)

As for the Librarian, it would seem from Primordium that she is very much alive, as is 343 Guilty Spark (or at least the personality fragment of 343 is domininantly in the Chakas Monitor.) And I still see Humanity having some sort of alliance with the Forerunner for the simple fact of just look at how well Alliances hold up in this series. Any alliance formed would be quickly broken. Even fragmented divisions like Lemon suggested would be fine. The Librarian loves humanity too much to just let us fend for ourselves now.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:44 AM   #87
Razor Buddha

Quote:
maintaining the traditional Halo gameplay
That gameplay ended in 2007. Nothing since then has been traditional Halo.
Old 02-01-2013, 04:02 AM   #88
Ty-Rex
video games

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Quote:
No, that was actually gimmicky and not fun on Legendary. I can see how you would be confused though, and I'm just here to do my public service to help out. Reach's campaign was also very good and better than Halo 4's.

piece.

edit: Ship combat would be pretty rad if they stole AssCreed 3's naval combat missions and had Chief wear a captain's hat and stand on a boat.

more edit: If Chief had to fight alongside a promethean, they should let him have one of those dogs and you could name it and Pokemon battle with it. I would call mine Mr. Woofs prolly. Ms. Woofs if they have genders. If they have genders and it's female I mean.

Last edited by Ty-Rex; 02-01-2013 at 04:07 AM.
Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 05:42 AM   #89
BiggD
PULL IT TOGETHER, 343!

BiggDope's Gamercard

Quote:
I wasn't talking about controlling ships in combat. That wouldn't make any sense since the Master Chief isn't a Ship Captain. I'm simply referring to actually seeing some of these ship conflicts.

As for the Librarian, it would seem from Primordium that she is very much alive, as is 343 Guilty Spark (or at least the personality fragment of 343 is domininantly in the Chakas Monitor.) And I still see Humanity having some sort of alliance with the Forerunner for the simple fact of just look at how well Alliances hold up in this series. Any alliance formed would be quickly broken. Even fragmented divisions like Lemon suggested would be fine. The Librarian loves humanity too much to just let us fend for ourselves now.
Ahh, well then yes. I wouldn't mind that. Kinda like at the end of Chapter 3 of Spartan Ops this week when you watched a bunch of Covie ships blow up.

Well, let's hope that the Librarian actually gets awaken so we can see if our theories hold up.

Quote:
That gameplay ended in 2007. Nothing since then has been traditional Halo.
False. That only stands true to Multiplayer. Every minute of the Campaign has been the same as previous installments. Campaign > Multiplayer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gheuh2 View Post
Reach's campaign was also very good and better than Halo 4's.
Wait, is this serious? Reach's Campaign was fucking awful.

Old 02-01-2013, 06:00 AM   #90
Ty-Rex
video games

Tylord824's Gamercard

Awards Showcase Can This Make Phone Calls? Challenge Club - Tier 1   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 3   CABS Beta Tester   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 2   Adhere to the Creed Franchise Club - Tier 1   Staff Club - * Clueless *   Subscriber - Bronze   Micro Guide - Bronze   Donator - Level 1   1,000 Posts
Quote:
Wait, is this serious? Reach's Campaign was fucking awful.
Yeah it was serious. Reach's campaign was pretty fun if you don't care about it ignoring the canon from the books. From a gameplay standpoint, it did everything a Halo game should. Despite the fact that it even reused assets and set pieces within the same game, the fights still felt more fun and memorable than anything from Halo 4 other than the first level and the two driving parts which just felt like they were put in because the game would be entirely forgettable if they weren't. The difficulty was balanced on Legendary and there was always cover to fight enemies from rather than Halo 4's giant open fields full of stupid enemies that teleport away once you take their shields off oh yeah and they can one-shot you #Halo2JackalSniper4Lyfe.

The only thing Halo 4 did better than Reach was the story and I know that everyone who posts here cares far more for the story of Halo than 95% of the fanbase so my opinion that Reach is better would seem weird. This is why I also think ODST was the worst Halo campaign game by far, although even from a story perspective that game was awful and had the most forgettable, boring characters ever put in a video game. I really can't think of anything Halo 4 did better than Reach besides the story, so if that's enough to sway your vote to it, then that's fine with me homedogboy.

Ty-Rex is offline   Reply With Quote